Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Realm of Magic?

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    WolfNate wrote: »
    In one thread everyone's arguing over the term for lifestate this one everyone's annoyed at fact you can't have a vampire with a harry potter wand and a pet dragon... Seesh!

lol
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    No
    Nope. Not my thing.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Yes
    I live for new content and have accumulated a lot of Custom Clothes and such to stave off my boredom... I think I may actually play this pack instead of just building.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Yes
    So let me go on a tangent here about my thinking.

So this is a game pack focused exclusively on a new life state. Thus the resources used are dedicated to the gameplay the pack will bring and decor that anyone can use. The fact it's a 'species' is actually a good thing. This way they can create a detailed system for magic and make this life state as in depth as vampires. If they made it more like Makin Magic it be very limited in scope and in Sims 2 magic was both a life state and an ability thus anyone can be a witch. Here however the team is making it exclusively to one species. Fact alchemy is Witch only is a bit odd but you can't deny that SIXTY-FOUR magical abilities are impressive!

25 Abilities to buy via Power List (ala Vampires)
    24 Spells to learn (hopefully without need for reagents)
    15 Potions to brew.
    The Return of Dueling!
    Spirit Animals based off the Kids Stuff Pack Pokemon parody.

There is a lot to love here if you're into the occult and fact you can't be a spellcasting vampire makes perfect sense to me. (As the fact Casters don't have a second form)

I agree, I like Spellcasters and Magic as life state only, not shared with Vampires and such. Not because vamps wouldn't be cool with magic, but because then it makes spellcasters useless! Like, if I could be a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 vampire AND cast all spells I'd do it in a heartbeat, but then witches will be boring in comparison. Having this distinct Life State makes them more unique. And as for vampires and magic, I'm sure some modder will make a mod that adds extra vampire spells and mermaid spells.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Maybe
    Depends on: nature and extent of damage to existing game from the pre pack patch, reviews, level of frustration/disappointment expressed in the forums after it's released, pack content. Have long since learned to be cautious with stuff from EA. My game isn't routinely connected to the net, so it's safe.

Nature and extent of damage..?

My game was thoroughly trashed by the June patch and rendered virtually unplayable. Even though repairs have been made it is still not in pre-patch condition. Am not about to let that happen again, so the computer it lives on is no longer connected to the internet and I want to do thorough research first.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Witches (in this case, spellcasters) have always been my favorite life state in The Sims! :heart: I'm really happy to see them make a return in Sims 4!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    Maybe
    I'm with BabySquare on this. Magic, of whatever sort, is in the classic literature something that is learned through study, practice, and under the eye of an established practictioner. It is a long and not always pleasant process. To become a spell caster simply by drinking some potion cheapens the whole thing to a TV show or other Hollywood fluff, and is a disservice to those for whom it is a part of their national culture/ folklore.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    I've decided that magic being a lifestate and not a skill is too big an issue for me.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Not a big fantasy player although I do like vampires. I'm definitely buying it and using it though because I buy every pack that comes out since they all have something to add. It will keep me busy as I pray for more family/romance/interactive gameplay.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Maybe
    Interested. Gonna wait and see reviews tho, after Island Living.
    Maybe
    Quite. Turkeys are for Thanksgivng, not gaming.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes
    OF COURSE I AM

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    Fat chance
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes
    I like what I have seen from the trailer. and what I have read.
    yes, can't wait.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Maybe
    It depends. I'm not into occults but I like the look of everything else :D
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yes
    I'll buy it, but I'll wait for a sale. I also like to see the reviews too before I buy a new pack.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Yes
    yes! I've been waiting for magic since release tbh. I always make my sims witches.

Also for those who wanted to know, the blonde cutie from the trailer's name is Cade ;)
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes
    yes! I've been waiting for magic since release tbh. I always make my sims witches.

Also for those who wanted to know, the blonde cutie from the trailer's name is Cade ;)

For the 500th time unless a guru confirms it which they've not that's not his name.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Maybe
    I have to find out more about it before I decide.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I'm with BabySquare on this. Magic, of whatever sort, is in the classic literature something that is learned through study, practice, and under the eye of an established practictioner. It is a long and not always pleasant process. To become a spell caster simply by drinking some potion cheapens the whole thing to a TV show or other Hollywood fluff, and is a disservice to those for whom it is a part of their national culture/ folklore.

I agree but Sims 4 touches on fantasy litely being it is not an full fledged fantasy program, I am more into hands on spellcaster and I myself find just drinking an potion too easy an no challenge. If they really wanted to make this pack really interesting they could have made an school where one could learn magic like School of Hogwarts in Harry Potter. I do find this pack interesting but I am waiting to see what the limitations will be as I know if I am correct you cannot use magic outside of the neighborhood that comes with the pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes

This isn't supposed to be accurate towards Paganism and is literally based off Tv shows and movies (Sabrina, Charmed, Buffy and Harry Potter)
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, but I will probably watch the stream about it. So far, It doesn't seem to offer the type of magic pack I was waiting on. If spells etc. are all about emotions I think I would give this a pass since I can already manipulate emotions in so many other ways already in game. I wanted Sims to be able to live in that area with all the buildings, but it's my understanding that's not the area we can put our Sims. Bummer. If the countryside is where we put Sims not thrilled about that, either, as it reminds me too much of OR recycled. Pink trees, again, no thanks, waiting on a tool to remove those from game one day. WC trees don't really fit in my opinion. No new trees that I see, same landscape as OR, with some WC trees thrown into the mix. I love trees and was hoping to see a more magicial realm and darker world. Walking through areas of darker, spooky trees that might look like they reach out and grab your Sim, lol, because a witch had cast a spell in a deep, dark forest. I don't get that vibe from the landscape and looks more like a camping trip park.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Yes

For the 500th time unless a guru confirms it which they've not that's not his name.

...I'm in one of the Game Changer's discord servers and she found it from the press released stuff. Yikes didn't know this was a sore subject
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    No, not my thing.
    Maybe

This isn't supposed to be accurate towards Paganism and is literally based off Tv shows and movies (Sabrina, Charmed, Buffy and Harry Potter)

Which is why I like it less the more I find out about it. This is cheap fakery, naff. Not at all what one coming from a traditional perspective expects. Good for 12 year olds, I suppose, but not for those wanting the real deal, not parlour tricks. As for the vibe, Cinebar has hit it dead on.