Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I own all packs and deluxe version, and still getting the "this build uses items you do not own"msg

2...Next

Comments

• Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    If you have them than it will display the items, but it is a warning for though that download the lot that don't have the promotional content, so it won't never go away on the gallery, but if ou bought the deluxe version that it should unlock the Animal Hats in CAS and the Life of the Party Digital Content, as well as the sound tracks. The only other stuff that will show that message is The holiday Celebration pack and the Grim Guitar. It could be any thing from a plate to a glass to a piece of furnature, that came with though packs.

Thanks for the insight! Yeah I have the items! They are pretty neat.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited September 2019
    Here's a list of every single promotional/bonus build item. You own everything if you have all packs + those items.

ECJ0QWX.jpg

The computer is probably the rarest one, as it's a bonus item for buying the collector's edition official guide.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Here's a list of every single promotional/bonus build item. You own everything if you have all packs + those items.

ECJ0QWX.jpg

The computer is probably the rarest one, as it's a bonus item for buying the collector's edition official guide.

I have the white table/chair , bar , 2 balloon pieces and rug because that was a part of the upgrade. I have grims guitar. But I don't have don't plumbob lamps. Or that statue and that odd mirror. Those are some obscure objects I definitely don't mind not having though.
    Post edited by SageOfGlimmerBrook on

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    That’s not a mirror. It’s a frame that puts your sim lot family in it automatically. Pretty cool actually.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Simmify wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »
    It's most likely the lamps. You get a different color for each TS3 pack you own (and a green one for owning the base game)
    If you don't own all of TS3 then technically you don't own 100% of TS4's content.

Those must be some popular lamps. I see that icon all of the time in the gallery and thats the only item I don't have. IF it's even that and not just something messed up on the gallery.

They are rather common. It's not common for one person to own every single lamp, but it's not exactly abnormal for people to have at least one or two considering how cheap TS3 and its expansions have gotten over the years.

Sure. Some have emontinal auras:

Into the Future: Focused
    Supernatural: Inspired
    Showtime: Confident

That from the ones I own
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    So I own every single pack (love the sims 4 way too much) and I just upgraded to Deluxe so that every single last build on the gallery, would be available to me as is. The items from the upgrade ARE available in the build/buy, but the annoying popup is still telling me items have been removed. Usually it's only 2-3 items, but its still happening. I even downloaded the grims guitar (free gift) So I own all Sims 4 content!

Has anyone else had this happen?

I've had it happen on lots I have built myself! Constantly, my Sim reaches a lot I've built and the message tells me items have been removed because they're not found on this computer, or the player doesn't own these items, or however it's worded. Really? I mean, really? :o
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Simmify wrote: »
    So I own every single pack (love the sims 4 way too much) and I just upgraded to Deluxe so that every single last build on the gallery, would be available to me as is. The items from the upgrade ARE available in the build/buy, but the annoying popup is still telling me items have been removed. Usually it's only 2-3 items, but its still happening. I even downloaded the grims guitar (free gift) So I own all Sims 4 content!

I've had it happen on lots I have built myself! Constantly, my Sim reaches a lot I've built and the message tells me items have been removed because they're not found on this computer, or the player doesn't own these items, or however it's worded. Really? I mean, really? :o

So silly. Oh EA.

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I've been getting the same glitch, yeah. And that's including my own builds.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    That’s not a mirror. It’s a frame that puts your sim lot family in it automatically. Pretty cool actually.

I still hate that they've locked this behind the Sims Mobile. I wish they gave it to everyone :(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Happens to me. I assumed it was a mod thing.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2019

Do you have the all TS3 packs on Origin too? There are some plumbob lamps and a sculpture that are unlocked via those packs. There's also a family portrait from a Mobile crossover event and Grim's Guitar from signing up for the newsletter.
  • EmmaVane wrote: »

Do you have the all TS3 packs on Origin too? There are some plumbob lamps and a sculpture that are unlocked via those packs. There's also a family portrait from a Mobile crossover event and Grim's Guitar from signing up for the newsletter.

I have grims guitar and the Deluxe base game items.