Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those arguing why the Hijab & whatnot are not in a seperate pack:

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    In all fairness, the people who are complaining about the Muslim content are most likely the same ones who complained about the Pride content.

Actually not, If you‘re an LGBT person try reading the story of Lut that’s present in all 3 Abrahamic religions and then think again if you want religion in the game.

It‘s great to have the option for religious attire, but don‘t have townies wear it or premade religious families force religion upon the game.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    i really don't care about the hijab being put into the basegame, what angers me is the hypocrisy of the devs.
    they told us for so long that they would never include religion, but of course that doesn't matter when they can use said religion to collect their woke points.
    b0xOjnQ.png
    i'm waiting for my church lot, maxis.

Maxis be like:

dd0.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The head wrap scarf like item will be used for Fall/winter on perhaps my elder ladies to keep warm. The other hat like item will be used for either gender. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited September 2019
    In all fairness, the people who are complaining about the Muslim content are most likely the same ones who complained about the Pride content.

Actually not, If you‘re an LGBT person try reading the story of Lut that’s present in all 3 Abrahamic religions and then think again if you want religion in the game.

It‘s great to have the option for religious attire, but don‘t have townies wear it or premade religious families force religion upon the game.

You're not going to scare me into making an ignorant accusation against all Muslims. Matthew Shepard's killers certainly weren't Islamic. Just saying. If you honestly wanna paint everyone of the same religion with one brush, then at least be equal in doing so.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    The head wrap scarf like item will be used for Fall/winter on perhaps my elder ladies to keep warm. The other hat like item will be used for either gender. :)

That's what I said too! The women wear them in Russia when it's freezing outside.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    i really don't care about the hijab being put into the basegame, what angers me is the hypocrisy of the devs.
    they told us for so long that they would never include religion, but of course that doesn't matter when they can use said religion to collect their woke points.
    b0xOjnQ.png

Maxis be like:

dd0.png

LMAO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited September 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @XxAirixX wrote: »
    Not all scarves and head covers are hijabs nor have connections to religion. They could of made a kerchief which would be much more common, less controversial and more versatile.

I agree. In fact hijab being a religous onject is imo an idea formed by the society as a whole because in reality everything has no kind of accosiaction to an object its the society that dictates it.

Hijab is the example. It is an clothing already that we have in the game, a cloth that has no meaning and can be used for people to be able to wear as fashion for their sims

However since the soceity that we had in rl associate that object o a religion, the clothing itself was being used as a representation of the religion rather than the culture. Because the way society dictates what we think, it encourages us to think that hijab are religous rather than an ordinary clothing.

I am not starting any argurment here just stating a point. As another simmer had said this is kind of the first time that the arab culture is being represented in The Sims and it is sad how it is going because of how society thinks that hijab particular is only about religion

I agree. We have turbans in the game as well which can be a religious related item for some people but we don't see a lot of people complaining about it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    b0xOjnQ.png

I really want them to respond to this. This is the stance they had since TS1. What changed?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019

You're not going to scare me into making an ignorant accusation against all Muslims. Matthew Shepard's killers certainly weren't Islamic. Just saying. If you honestly wanna paint everyone of the same religion with one brush, then at least be equal in doing so.

I said Abrahamic religions. And we know those 3.

My point is that religions haven‘t been that open to LGBT persons.

It‘s okay that you can now dress your Sims in that religious attire, but please please don‘t have townies running around in religious attire.
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

Where did I talk about Muslims? I was talking about Abrahamic religions. And we know those 3.

It‘s okay that you can now dress your Sims in that religious attire, even though it‘s not equal to other religions since many aren‘t represented at all. (That‘s why I was saying that they shouldn‘t have added religion to the game in the first place)

So don't use it as religious attire. When in the game have we ever had a CAS item state that it's only used for a specific purpose?
    #Team Occult
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @Sigzy05 I cant stop looking at that puppet. I am laughing so hard, I am crying. It is the perfect representation of uh oh I think we stepped in poop.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 I cant stop looking at that puppet. I am laughing so hard, I am crying. It is the perfect representation of uh oh I think we stepped in poop.

Same! :D:D:D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

That's what I said too! The women wear them in Russia when it's freezing outside.

They wear kercheifs, which like I said is more common and versatile. People from all around the world and backgrounds wear it, so that would of been a much better choice.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @XxAirixX wrote: »
    Not all scarves and head covers are hijabs nor have connections to religion. They could of made a kerchief which would be much more common, less controversial and more versatile.

I agree. In fact hijab being a religous onject is imo an idea formed by the society as a whole because in reality everything has no kind of accosiaction to an object its the society that dictates it.

Hijab is the example. It is an clothing already that we have in the game, a cloth that has no meaning and can be used for people to be able to wear as fashion for their sims

However since the soceity that we had in rl associate that object o a religion, the clothing itself was being used as a representation of the religion rather than the culture. Because the way society dictates what we think, it encourages us to think that hijab are religous rather than an ordinary clothing.

I am not starting any argurment here just stating a point. As another simmer had said this is kind of the first time that the arab culture is being represented in The Sims and it is sad how it is going because of how society thinks that hijab particular is only about religion

I agree. We have turbans in the game as well which can be a religious related item for some people but we don't see a lot of people complaining about it.

Probably because people don't have a negative connotation to it? Unfortunately the media has brainwashed many people into thinking that all Muslims are evil people terrorizing the world. It's very sad. Perhaps these people should get off their Sims game and meet some actual Muslim people in their community.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    What is wrong with having a choice? When we buy content we make a choice to do so and accept what's in the pack (even if we sometimes don't like all of it) . I can see why some updates like the new stairs would need to be across the board for game function, but why shouldn't players be able to chose the cultural and holiday content for themselves the same way they choose paid content? Most of the time I like the cultural content, but I would prefer to have a choice.
    LiELF wrote: »
    that previous Sims games were pretty much based on only white, suburban U.S. culture

But religion isn‘t a race or culture. The most Muslims I know are White.
    Now we get religious attire in the game, which hopefully doesn‘t get forced upon us with townies wearing it or premade families with religious attire.

But Muslim is a culture. American Muslim women may wear head scarves but their beliefs could be nothing like Islamic extremists. In America, they can even adopt Christianity or any other religion but still traditionally wear the hijab. You guys are anchoring this object to religion by yourselves just because some regions do.
    #Team Occult
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    The Sims should always maintain its neutrality and be a blank canvas for simmers to opt into modding what they believe/want in their games. No religion should be included in the game as it’s highly inappropriate and at times triggering to see in game. Especially to those persecuted by religion. This includes not just Islam, but Christianity and Judaism. There is no place for religion in The Sims. If you want it, then mod it in. Do not force it on others as that’s oppressive and not accepting of other peoples’ beliefs.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I just hope the townies don‘t wear religious attire, since I don‘t want any religion in my game.

Lol, that would be very weird if A LOT random townies are showing up like that. I don't mind some. Especially, since the townies already tend to show up at the festivals or places in the most horrible mismatching outfits or that ugly touristy one. I wish they would finally fix that in the next patch.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    Echova wrote: »
    The Sims should always maintain its neutrality and be a blank canvas for simmers to opt into modding what they believe/want in their games. No religion should be included in the game as it’s highly inappropriate and at times triggering to see in game. Especially to those persecuted by religion. This includes not just Islam, but Christianity and Judaism. There is no place for religion in The Sims. If you want it, then mod it in. Do not force it on others as that’s oppressive and not accepting of other peoples’ beliefs.

Yet to segregate and stereotype other cultures is oppressive and ignorant. Why shouldn't people who can't handle certain cultures just mod them out? A simple piece of CAS clothing that was inspired by a Muslim garment is not "religious content". It really isn't. People are triggering themselves.
    #Team Occult
  • BaglamukhiBaglamukhi Posts: 38 Member
    > @PrincipleOfEntropy said:
    >
    > I want to know why they're adding this kind of content if discussing it is against forum rules for one thing.
    cuz...hypocrisy
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    that previous Sims games were pretty much based on only white, suburban U.S. culture

But religion isn‘t a race or culture. The most Muslims I know are White.
    Now we get religious attire in the game, which hopefully doesn‘t get forced upon us with townies wearing it or premade families with religious attire.

I'm positive the townies will be wearing it with bikini bottoms and high heels. And that's just the men.

Gosh, I hope so!!! :D;)o:)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    I’m stunned by 2 things:

1.) People seem to think a HIJAB is cultural wear woman wear in the Middle East and elsewhere. No. It is not. It is religious. And a symbol of oppression. Women are jailed for refusing to wear hijabs in Iran.

2.) That the mods here are closing threads because they’re discussing religion... WHEN THE DEVS HAVE INTRODUCED A RELIGIOUS SYMBOL IN THE GAME!!!!

Yes, the Hijab is religious wear, but it is not solely that anymore. Many wear their Hijab, not just for religion anymore. A girl from my university wore a Hijab despite not following any religion, she did it because it created a special relationship with her family where only they could see her entirely. Of course, this does not mean her idealization of the Hijab is not sprouted from the oppression of women in those countries, but that's a while other discussion we should not integrate into this thread, and at the end of the day, it's still the player's choice whether or not to incorporate them.

I think maybe we should talk about that as much as possible. We can't ignore that and improve our world.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you say as you aren't going to change people's mind.

Now that they brought a religious item in, they need to bring in more or people will feel excluded (now I am fully expecting a cross for my goth and other sims or won't feel included. Already have no Native American items that I need as part Native American. I always feel sort of forgotten). Not everyone wants that in their game at all, so an optional pack would be a better option and please everyone instead of forcing it into games as people need to update the games. It does take up space in the game even if not used. It should be the players choice.

I still feel they should of gone with something that represents the whole culture or country in order to be fair, stay neutral and show different cultures without exclusion. Not everyone in Middle Eastern countries wears that or are Muslims. There are quite a few different countries.

I am also part Native American and you are right, there is nothing to represent this culture at all. Not even a dreamcatcher. So now I guess they will have to consider adding more tribal stuff, too. Who knows if they will get around to it. I hope so. Also, in the Island Living there is the Kava Bowl but I have been actually waiting for a Wok to be added in a patch or pack for a while now.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited September 2019
    Love you, OP but even I think it's a bit weird that they added hijabs into the base game.

I can understand that people may want an option as they don't want religion in the game. Now, I know just now I said they should put this into the Holiday pack. But I think they should put it in like a University pack or something. 😂😂😂 Then I can just tell those people the pack is optional. (Emojis removed 😑) Get back at them. LET'S GO.
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2019
    lot of double standards here. honestly i'm happy with the update so I dont have to rely on cc to make my sims wear hijab. but i'm worried if they allow this for townies since townies like to wear any sort of hideous outfits.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top