Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌈Gender reassignment for teens/kids please.🌈

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
Thank you sims team for being so supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. But can you please add the option for players to change the gender of our born in-game sims. Or provide us the option when they are born.
Thank you 🌈🌈
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Why don't you simply take them into cas.fulleditmode and change their gender that way? Or, are you trying to keep them the gender to which they were born, but allow them to cross-dress? I don't think I follow what you're asking for completely.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    teens+ can have their gender reassigned in CAS. Only toddlers/children stages can't
    6adMCGP.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    In Sims 4 you can influence the baby‘s gender by letting the mother eat specific fruits during pregnancy!
    a256aFi.gif
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You can already do that via the cas.fulleditmode cheat or even change sim via a mirror/dresser. So, your request is already fulfilled.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Why don't you simply take them into cas.fulleditmode and change their gender that way? Or, are you trying to keep them the gender to which they were born, but allow them to cross-dress? I don't think I follow what you're asking for completely.

I don't want to cheat. I would like the option to change gender behaviors despite my sim being born a particular sex. AND for the game's messages while in school/work to refer to them appropriately to the gender I want.

**Just want to point out that the term "crossdress" isn't politically correct.**
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    You can simply use the cas.fulleditmode cheat
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I will check the Mirror "Change Sims" interaction, with a child. I know Teens+ can change. I kept meaning to with my current 2nd gen, but they are all teens or YAs now. Gen 3 is a child, however. I'll check with them.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    meeoun wrote: »

I don't want to cheat. I would like the option to change gender behaviors despite my sim being born a particular sex. AND for the game's messages while in school/work to refer to them appropriately to the gender I want.

**Just want to point out that the term "crossdress" isn't politically correct.**

Click on a mirror and select “Change Sim“, you can thank me later
    I think it also works for kids
    a256aFi.gif
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member

That changes their sex, not gender, and it might make them look different than how it works with reassignment.

I think perhaps this should be for YAs or maybe teens, but it might be a bit much for kids. Unless you didn't mean going through gender reassignment as we Earth humans know it.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited September 2019
    Eating strawberries and listening to pop music increases your chances of having a female, while eating carrots and listening to alternative music increases your chances of having a male! :smile:

Also, while I certainly do agree that transgender children exist (since they're born that way), it's really not realistic for them to begin transitioning until they're teenagers, so I think it's actually reasonable that children Sims aren't allowed to fully transition their gender... but, you can always make them wear clothing and have hairstyles that are typically associated with the opposite gender! :smile: That's what I usually with transgender Sims in my game.

Once a Sim is a teenager, you're actually allowed to modify their body however you want (without cheats) using the 'Change Sim' option on a mirror or dresser.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Eating strawberries and listening to pop music increases your chances of having a female, while eating carrots and listening to alternative music increases your chances of having a male! :smile:

Also, while I certainly do agree that transgender children exist (since they're born that way), it's really not realistic for them to begin transitioning until they're teenagers, so I think it's actually reasonable that children Sims aren't allowed to fully transition their gender... but, you can always make them wear clothing and have hairstyles that are typically associated with the opposite gender! :smile: That's what I usually with transgender Sims in my game.

Once a Sim is a teenager, you're actually allowed to modify their body however you want (without cheats) using the 'Change Sim' option on a mirror or dresser.

Thank you Lustianicia
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember to keep things on topic. There is no need to start arguments over something that is not being asked in the thread. Let's try to keep the good conversations going.

EA_Joz
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member

I'm not 'politically correct'. Truly, PC is a rather insidious tool, crafted specifically to curb our freedom of speech. Just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I don’t think this would be a good thing to add, personally. Look, I’m not trying to bash people or start drama, nothing like that but imagine what some of the community would be like. I myself am not very comfortable with it. People are freaking out over Hijabs being added, imagine if this is added.

Please don’t start drama with me for sharing my opinion.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

I'm not 'politically correct'. Truly, PC is a rather insidious tool, crafted specifically to curb our freedom of speech. Just sayin'.

What most people consider "politically correct" is actually just respectfullness and basic human decency. Remember before you get upset that nobody is making you use the feature so what others request as an option for their game shouldn't bother anyone, and is frankly none of your business.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    since we pretty much already have this in the game, it would be nice if we didn't have to use cheats to change our sims gender. i hope they change that soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top