Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is the hijab base game or holiday pack

and will townies wear it as a random outfit?

Comments

• cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    As this is a base game update, they will be base game.
    And I suppose generated townies will wear them
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Townies, it depends on the tags. I'm guessing they might be tagged for certain archetypes (ethnicities) and certain outfit categories only.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ugh I'm already preparing myself for this to be the latest in nutty townie fashion. Sorry NPCs ya'll ain't wearing hijabs unless I want you to. *readies MCCC*
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They probably won’t be tagged to be worn. They didn’t tag the Moschino hoodie to be worn by townies.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2019
    I am hopeful the CAS items are all disabled for random. Those items have no place in my game. It will just be another thing I will be required to use mods to fix if random townies start generating with those items.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Well, if they weren't already disabled for random townies, they probably will be now with all the complaining about four tiny pieces of CAS.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope they'll be disabled for townies as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    It's deeper than "four tiny pieces of CAS" but I dont think its something to debate on the sims forums, I was just wondering if someone knows for sure if its an item thats going to be generated on townies
    but yeah deeper for sure
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited September 2019
    Like @Simpatsyann said, no one is forcing you to make your sims wear it. If you find a random townie wearing it and you for some reason have a problem with it, go into CAS yourself and get rid of it or get a mod to get rid of it instead of complaining here.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Like @Simpatsyann said, no one is forcing you to make your sims wear it. If you find a random townie wearing it and you for some reason have a problem with it, go into CAS yourself and get rid of it instead of complaining here.

That is too time consuming, especially since items seem to randomly generate on EVERY townie. That is why I use mods to disable it.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I have absolutely zero issues with the Muslim inspired content, but I really do wish they would have separated it into its own free pack, rather than a mandatory patch.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I hope townies won‘t wear the Muslim clothes, because I don‘t want any kind of religion in my game

Me neither. I have always liked that The Sims strayed away from religious themes. It's awesome people can represent themselves, friends, families, etc. with this patch, but I personally don't want any religion in my game.

Now they need to introduce kippahs and cross necklaces as well to represent all religions equally

I don't think you're wrong, but this is my problem -- I don't want any of that content. I don't even want to see real-life campaigns such as "It's On Us" in the game, either. All of that should be optional content.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I have absolutely zero issues with the Muslim inspired content, but I really do wish they would have separated it into its own free pack, rather than a mandatory patch.

I feel the same, much like with the pride clothing, I have nothing against LGBTI+ but I do not want random sims to walk around wearing rainbow colored clothes for no reason.

I get that it is optional, but adding this stuff to the game makes it feel like we are giving our sims a choice, a choice that maybe we do not want to make ourselves as players.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Ugh! I hope it won't appear on random townies.
  • LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    Don't debate religion here please or theyll close the threat and i'm still waiting for someone who knows for sure
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

We do not celebrate thanksgiving where I live but it is a nice little holiday that I let my sims have every now and then. We do not have egg-hunting bunny rabbit as a tradition either. We do have similar winter-stuff and valentine’s Day.

I think it is good that we get to see some more cultural items in the game so that more people can make their simselves.

Personally I would not like to see crosses or other outright religious items but cultural items are just fine.
  • SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
    Base game. This is honestly pretty exciting :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    the hijab content is actually a cultural item. Much like Christmas trees and other "Christmas" traditions.. both "symbols" so to speak were taken from cultural around them and twisted into what we know of them today.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    I wouldnt even be surprised if not only townies will wear this, but it could be the new eye-ring... *the horror*

Im also one of those who have loved that there never were any religion - and even in fx. Sims medivel, it was made-up religions.

To be fair they cant have ANY argument about adding disabled people now either. Its all the same type of rabbit-hole (punpunpun) and its either none of it or everything - and everything is impossible.

I am a full supporter of lgbt and all that, but i dont want the flags and the clothes in my game either. that was already starting stuff by missing 1(!) flag-swatch, and that was just the group who called them out.. tbh they are just painting a huge bullseye on The Sims' back.
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    As to the original question, I believe it's base game, as it's an anniversary update. I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    I dont know what the big deal is.

Townies generate in the most horrific random stuff with bizarre accessories that don't go together all the time.

I already get random head scarves and turbans and hats popping up. All nicely accompanied by an eyeball ring :D one more addition makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

The problem is people could get offended, if a townie wears a bikini combined with a hijab for example.

Also some people simply don‘t want to have religions in The Sims.

Townies shouldn‘t wear religious attire and there shouldn‘t be premades wearing religious attire.
    It‘s great to have the choice, but don‘t force it upon people with premade Sims and townies wearing religious attire.
    a256aFi.gif