Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

During A Forum Kerfluffle

During a big poo storm all over the forum, how do you handle it?

During A Forum Kerfluffle 151 votes

Grab popcorn and enjoy the fireworks.
41%
Akl500PFrn0731LaBlue0314aprilroseColorist40applefeather2Alrynnkeekee53StrangerthanelanorbretonPaigeisin5BluelleKalaniCoolFroggyKarenDeathCoil13AquariusMomPegasysJACKIEJOYernesdokellza 62 votes
Avoid the forum until it's over.
7%
Vuloripixiejuice3KNPenNZsimm3rTeslachick2phoenixstar188pinneduphairSimsersioncitysimmerCatzillaMorkovka 11 votes
Ignore it.
37%
BluegayleJoBass24usGalacticGalNighteyesBlkBarbiegalMontrase102mcruddsimgirl1010TiipiiWyrrenAjaGioloubyloulouMindofyldmarkoHestiaMVWdeZTspice3phantasmkissFoxrox77emere 56 votes
Jump into the drama, because the other side has to know how wrong they are.
14%
IceyJMadameLeeSimQueenie9alanmichael1elelunicyEmmaVaneMoonfoxNightcryXxAirixXmeeounMovottiannalephantWulfsimmerChadSims2DeKayEnkiSchmidtsimmerLellaSimtown15nerdfashionxstxrrysequenceSimmyFroggy 22 votes

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Ignore it.
    Sometimes I will read a post to see what it's all about, but I don't often post on it, especially if I don't have something crucial to add.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    My problem is, I try to read for Lulz, but often I do find myself taking a side, and then I have to decide how much the other side bothers me. If I can be witty and fun and not too religious/political, I might make a few pokes.
    Some topics I have to restrain myself because while others in the thread may have already gone too far, I'm worried that my rant will be the one on which the ban hammer descends.
    So I delete a lot of posts rather than making them.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ignore it.
    I may engage in a friendly debate. Though, I have been forcefully silenced for my opinions, mostly because of my personal views not matching the overtly politically correct way of things.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Ignore it.
    I don't have time for online poo storms, there's enough of that in real life. The only reason I come here is to discuss a game that I play with other fans.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I jump into the fray if I care enough about the subject, otherwise I ignore it.

I also delete many posts rather than hitting the "Post Comment" button.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I love your last option! Ha ha. Yes, let me tell you all how wrong you are. *wink* icon, where are you?
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    there is that little voice inside my head that must tell all the wrong people how wrong they are. mostly having differing opinions on the same subject does not make you a wrong person, but being an intollerant bigot, unable to appreciate that we can agree to disagree in life and similar attitudes automatically makes you a wrong person and i will need to tell you so.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited September 2019
    there is that little voice inside my head that must tell all the wrong people how wrong they are. mostly having differing opinions on the same subject does not make you a wrong person, but being an intollerant bigot, unable to appreciate that we can agree to disagree in life and similar attitudes automatically makes you a wrong person and i will need to tell you so.

Me too, @annalephant .
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Ignore somethings but have to speak up for others as I feel some people aren't treated fairly and should be allowed to have a say as well as long as they aren't attacking anyone.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I love it!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I jump into the fray if I care enough about the subject, otherwise I ignore it.

I also delete many posts rather than hitting the "Post Comment" button.

^^ that.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    You forgot an option... read through the posts whilst hysterically rolling around laughing at the posters...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    I tend to silently read the posts. However, if it feels as if someone is being intolerant or I feel strong about a subject, I might chime in. I try not to if someone else has already made my point or if things are getting too brash.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Getting plenty of entertainment from walls of angry text.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I do try to ignore it but sometimes people have sticks up their ...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lurk and distribute likes/awesomes to the posts I agree with.

Edit: This thread title gave me a good laugh btw :D
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have anger issues and I often feel the need to state my opinion. I’ve been active in several kerfuffles over the years; I even started a few.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's kinda entertaining at times. :D
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I‘m open for a civil discussion. I still don‘t get why you have to put religion into Sims 4? At least make it optional for people that don‘t want to have religion in their game?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant
    That has nothing to do with this thread. This thread has to do with general kerfuffles. If you want to talk about something that could start a kerfuffle, please create a new thread to discuss it.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I can't help it! I love drama way too much.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Avoid the forum until it's over.
    "This thread has to do with general kerfuffles. If you want to talk about something that could start a kerfuffle, please create a new thread to discuss it."

Yes, please. Trying to keep the convo poo free and from getting heated or unfriendly. Cheers.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I like a good forum fight
    not many good ones these days tho
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    It depends on the kerfuffle.
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This poll is too funny can I say all of the above depending?
    egTcBMc.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top