Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 UNIVERSITY ?!?!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited November 2018
    Karon wrote: »
    Seeing how people reacted to The Sims 4 expansion packs so far, a University Pack is only going to be praised if they add all the exact same things we had in Sims 2 and 3 university packs... If there is something out, most simmers are going to be complaining. I would like if they really did that without being forced, but its feels like the devs are not sure how they should recreate packs we had before. Get Famous is a good example, its an improved version of Superstar when in Sims 3 everyone was expecting that and they released Showtime that was totally different. The only complains i have been seeing were the size of the world (which i agree) and the lack of a music career (which i don't agree).
    I noticed that the devs like to try new things for new packs since Sims 1, but what they never learned is that we don't want that when it means we are not going to get what we had before, or an improved version of what we had before. Seasons lacks summer stuff, when Sims 3/2 didnt, but nobody was complaining because we had Island Paradise in SIms 3, which in SIms 4 should include all Island Paradise aspects + all things we are missing from the summer in Seasons, but... Then they have used that empty space in Seasons to fill with the Calendar and everything that comes with it. But, look at City Living... I really hope that this pack was not meant to be Sims 4 version of Apartment Life. I accept that as more of a urban life and style expansion pack than and apartment life expansion pack, and i really hope to see things we had in apartment life/late night back to the game, otherwise i will be really disappointed.

Also, there is one thing i really need in a University pack, and that is more than one university for us to choose. In Sims 3 i got easily tired of the uni gameplay after being at the same place 100 times with 100 different sims, while in SIms 2 i could always choose between 3 different universities and never got bored of the uni gameplay. But, all the Del Smoll Valley drama got me really afraid of no having that in my game.
    CK213 wrote: »
    I really liked TS3 University Life, but I was disappointed that there was no fraternity/sorority/ secret society game play.

Thats what i was talking about... They shouldnt cut gameplay aspects that we are used to and like to play with. "Only expand upon something... never removing something" should be their anthem.
    The lack of Sororities, Fraternities and Secret Society was also a big disappointment for me, cuz those aspects are deeply tied to the University life and if they didnt add that to the uni EP, i knew i wasnt going to be getting that in another EP.
    The lack of horses in C&D... I was not so worried about that, cuz i knew that a massive amount of simmers were asking for a Farming EP, and this lack of said content could be included in this pack. But the pet houses? 3D pet-bed instead of rugs? Small pets? i was plum...
    The small pets problem seemed to be getting a resolution when they were going to release MFP SP, but they just turned that into something impossible to be remade as the made the pack tied to C&Ds. They had no need to add things for the felines and dogs to make more money out of it, and what about the split furniture set?
    Please, devs, i love oyu guys. I know that some paths are unknow in this process of creating stuff for us, but tis because you guys are not open to talk to use, to hear us... You guys are just pretending to be hearing, but... Look at us... asking for a Farming EP since Sims 2...

See my problem with Sims 2 was we were stuck there until we finished those four years I do not I repeat I DO NOT WANT TO BE STUCK. That was the only thing I hated about the Sims 2 Uni. That you couldn't leave and come back later on. Also it didn't feel like an actual uni. Since only YA went there I want YA-Elders to go to a uni. Sorority and Fraternity yes I would like the secret society those society was cool to get into but once you were in the "secret" place it was like...this is it? This was the craze I remember being not impressed at all. The 3 different was cool though but do I think we will get it in the Sims 4? No because of the world's we already have.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Seeing how people reacted to The Sims 4 expansion packs so far, a University Pack is only going to be praised if they add all the exact same things we had in Sims 2 and 3 university packs... If there is something out, most simmers are going to be complaining. I would like if they really did that without being forced, but its feels like the devs are not sure how they should recreate packs we had before. Get Famous is a good example, its an improved version of Superstar when in Sims 3 everyone was expecting that and they released Showtime that was totally different. The only complains i have been seeing were the size of the world (which i agree) and the lack of a music career (which i don't agree).
    I noticed that the devs like to try new things for new packs since Sims 1, but what they never learned is that we don't want that when it means we are not going to get what we had before, or an improved version of what we had before. Seasons lacks summer stuff, when Sims 3/2 didnt, but nobody was complaining because we had Island Paradise in SIms 3, which in SIms 4 should include all Island Paradise aspects + all things we are missing from the summer in Seasons, but... Then they have used that empty space in Seasons to fill with the Calendar and everything that comes with it. But, look at City Living... I really hope that this pack was not meant to be Sims 4 version of Apartment Life. I accept that as more of a urban life and style expansion pack than and apartment life expansion pack, and i really hope to see things we had in apartment life/late night back to the game, otherwise i will be really disappointed.

Also, there is one thing i really need in a University pack, and that is more than one university for us to choose. In Sims 3 i got easily tired of the uni gameplay after being at the same place 100 times with 100 different sims, while in SIms 2 i could always choose between 3 different universities and never got bored of the uni gameplay. But, all the Del Smoll Valley drama got me really afraid of no having that in my game.
    I really liked TS3 University Life, but I was disappointed that there was no fraternity/sorority/ secret society game play.

Thats what i was talking about... They shouldnt cut gameplay aspects that we are used to and like to play with. "Only expand upon something... never removing something" should be their anthem.
    The lack of Sororities, Fraternities and Secret Society was also a big disappointment for me, cuz those aspects are deeply tied to the University life and if they didnt add that to the uni EP, i knew i wasnt going to be getting that in another EP.
    The lack of horses in C&D... I was not so worried about that, cuz i knew that a massive amount of simmers were asking for a Farming EP, and this lack of said content could be included in this pack. But the pet houses? 3D pet-bed instead of rugs? Small pets? i was plum...
    The small pets problem seemed to be getting a resolution when they were going to release MFP SP, but they just turned that into something impossible to be remade as the made the pack tied to C&Ds. They had no need to add things for the felines and dogs to make more money out of it, and what about the split furniture set?
    Please, devs, i love oyu guys. I know that some paths are unknow in this process of creating stuff for us, but tis because you guys are not open to talk to use, to hear us... You guys are just pretending to be hearing, but... Look at us... asking for a Farming EP since Sims 2...

See my problem with Sims 2 was we were stuck there until we finished those four years I do not I repeat I DO NOT WANT TO BE STUCK. That was the only thing I hated about the Sims 2 Uni. That you couldn't leave and come back later on. Also it didn't feel like an actual uni. Since only YA went there I want YA-Elders to go to a uni. Sorority and Fraternity yes I would like the secret society those society was cool to get into but once you were in the "secret" place it was like...this is it? This was the craze I remember being not impressed at all. The 3 different was cool though but do I think we will get it in the Sims 4? No because of the world's we already have.

Yeah, I totally missed out on the first two games because our computer wouldn’t have been able to handle them, but I agree that that sounds like annoying. They probably won’t do it again since young adults are already a thing though, and I presume that was the reason you were trapped there.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Yeah, I totally missed out on the first two games because our computer wouldn’t have been able to handle them, but I agree that that sounds like annoying. They probably won’t do it again since young adults are already a thing though, and I presume that was the reason you were trapped there.

Yup that was the only time a Sim was a YA in Sims 2 which I disliked. Sims 3 felt more like a uni. You can go to college at whatever age between YA and Elder and leave anytime you wanted that was great.

The 3 different uni. Aside from one was cool but I don't think they will make three different uni. Because of how small the worlds are now.
  • Options
    chantera89chantera89 Posts: 359 Member
    I would like a school revamp also, mainly to build a story for my sims through their teenage life stage.

schools for teens/kids could be a partial rabbit hole; a decorative school building with an open gymnasium, kind of like a community lot but with restrictions.

For grade school kids this could spawn events such as scout meetings where your sim kids and other kids in that neighborhood would actually meet to do scout activities. The only adults allowed into the gymnasium during this time would be scout leaders. Extra credit events for school performance could also spawn here in addition to things like fundraisers,school picture day, parent teacher conferences, lock-ins and maybe pta meetings where if your participates it could improve your kids performance.
    It would also be nice to add small field trips where parent sims could chaperone.

For high school kids it would work the same way but with more for them to do of course. PROM would be spawned in the gymnasium, prom wouldn’t be a rabbit hole like in ts3. With the new styler career you could even “ pick outfits” if your sim gets a date. Of course with prom also comes pictures! Tutoring could also spawn here, pep rallies, bake sales, costume dances and other holiday dances if you have seasons, amongst other major high school events. Again certain events would have restrictions as to what age group is allowed into the open part of the school.

Each town would have its own school, high school or grade school, doesn’t have to be both. It would also be neat if you could chose where your kid(s) go to school. Some schools would strengthen skills like writing, logic, or painting while others strengthen the remaining. Also I think how teens interact with other teens should somehow influence what traits they could potentially end up with as a YA.
  • Options
    CookiezStoryCookiezStory Posts: 35 Member
    May be in next year, I guess
  • Options
    eddrooseddroos Posts: 5 New Member
    What was University in Sims 3 like?

Why was it that good? I stopped with the Sims 3 when they released the Pets expansion, that was the one I was waiting to "complete" my collection haha.
  • Options
    I honestly can't believe this is not an automatic option given to your teen sim after they graduate high school. More and more jobs are requiring some type of advanced degree or certification for qualified employees, so I just think that University should just be a natural evolution.

Though I suppose that to be truly realistic, the question becomes how do you pay tuition? Do your sims get scholarships or do they take out student loans? If it is student loans, then this ties into my questions about how to set up banks and loan interest. Would the interest rates stay fixed or would they fluctuate daily?
  • Options
    shortii106shortii106 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it would be cool if sims could bring their pets with them to university if they decide to go away to college.
  • Options
    DeeSaltyDeeSalty Posts: 3 New Member
    I would honestly love an expansion pack called education that would cover from kindergarten, elementary, high school and university in the same kinda style as get to work and having extra murals that sims could do. For example in High School they can have cheerleaders or basketball then they can have matches or something like that. University i would like an initiation event and having the choice to live on campus or stay at home. i like the idea of having cliques as well just, to give the game a lot more depth. I would love if private schools came back as well as boarding schools.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Although I would love a University pack, I am worried on how exactly they will knock it out. With the Sims 4 you can't escape aging, not even on vacations. For a University experience to have any impact it would have to take at least 4 sim days PER SEMESTER, which... all of a sudden the entire life stage would be eaten up by it.

Of course, adding a whole new lifestate just for the university might not be out of the question; in a different way they were able to add a new life state for Toddlers.

Also, part of the fun of Sims 2 University (and sims 3... ? I'm blanking out) was choosing your campus. I mean, it would be fine to only have 1 new world for it, but I would love at least 2 and oh god a Online Courses option! That would be kick butt to be able to sign up for online courses while working a job and simming in the normal state of things. That would be fun to see, and something new and different from what we've seen before.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Although I would love a University pack, I am worried on how exactly they will knock it out. With the Sims 4 you can't escape aging, not even on vacations. For a University experience to have any impact it would have to take at least 4 sim days PER SEMESTER, which... all of a sudden the entire life stage would be eaten up by it.

We can always turn again off maybe keep it on for semester one, off for two, on for three, off for four. I know me personally I always turn aging off until I've explored everything in a new game. But I do see what you mean, maybe they'll finally give us back aging sliders to help with that.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    michelle81michelle81 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes I would like for them to have different levels of schools like elementary,middle,high and college and a private school. The kids sims always get shorted on wardrobe and hairstyles. They should bring back daycare as well. And add on another job as teacher for any school or daycare outside or at home.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member

I agree i really really really hope city living is not ts4’s apartment life bc i want to build them myself without shels including really lobby’s not just one floor. I got bored really quick bc it only takes a while to see the apartments and it gets annoying not being able to change the layout or windows or basically anyhthing. City living was good for the urban vibe but apartments definetely need an upgrade. And about uni i can’t wait for a uni pack i hope they don’t make an complete education pack bc a lot of stuff will be left out if they add pre school elementary school high school and uni that will just be way to much. So i hope it focuses on uni giving us the option to live in the new uni town in dorms or rental houses or stay home and travel to college when you have class. Object wise i want want
    -bunkbeds
    -murphy beds
    - laptops you can use on the ground or maybe even on the couch (that would be great)
    - Kegs with the ability to perform keg stands and get juiced and if you had to much juice the night before your sim won’t feel so well the next day maybe resulting in throwing up or being really tired that day
    - Flying disks or frisbees don’t know what there called in the us
    - Portable game device
    - Pool tables
    - Juice pong/pingpong table
    - Photo booth
    and interaction wise
    Streaking
    Dancing on the counters
    Toga parties
    Become a mascotte
    Theres a lot more but these are some of the basics i would like
  • Options
    SkylarAstarotSkylarAstarot Posts: 3 New Member
    In The Sims 3 School, it was the one that I liked the most, to run to the class and in the solar I stayed all day, it would be great if the expansion for SIms 4 was combined with "Salto a la Fama".
    The novelty of the "University" expansion for Sims 4 would be:
    - Online Training in Universities.
    - Training in Udesims, Linkesims and Pluralsim.
    - University professor career.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2019
    Education and University is going to be difficult to implement for round the world use as Public schools, Proms, Sororities, Fraternities, Majors etc., are particularly American and meanings may be different or not used in other countries in the world. Public schools in the UK, for example are for the elite and rich in society eg, Eton, where lots of our Prime Ministers and Tory MPs went, Harrow, Winchester. Proms we have only just inherited from the USA and grumble about.
    This is one pack I might miss out on. I didn't like University in the previous iteration. I sent all my young Sims there if I wanted to get rid of them.

It's bad enough having to have American spelling in the UK game without a choice - but that is just a personal annoyance.
  • Options
    sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    Yes I would like to see that too and it's probably coming to be the last one who knows but I think that they are working on it but it's going to be so big in Vass anyone to make sure they get it right just like it was in Sims 3 and a possibility thay might be making added more stuff to it and so that's why it's probably taking a while because we know how we had to transform and being sent to school so that's probably a big project and that's why it hasn't come out yet because they don't just have one team working on stuff they could have three or four teams working on different projects and some take longer possibly than others that's just my general idea and yeah I would like to see the university to I played that a lot when I had Sims 3 but I don't play Sims 3 anymore just Sims 4.peace
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
  • Options
    FairyIcePrincessFairyIcePrincess Posts: 6 New Member
    I really hope they do make a Sims 4 university. I really want to see the teens graduate, go to prom, apply for college like in sims 3
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    They will, it's been requested so much that if they don't it's just... wrong. And it's going to be funny because here's a great way to use a lot of the Expansion pack names. And what hopefully the one about Education will be called.

GTW: Hurry up and GET TO WORK!
    GT: We need to Get Together and scheme.
    CL: City Living, the peak of modern life.
    CAD: I want me some Cats and Dogs!
    GF: Get Famous already!
    University: Get Educated kid!

GTW is the funniest.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Of course they are going to do a Uni pack. Seasons, Pets and Uni have always not only been favorites, but best sellers. I don't know why people think it's never coming. It will, but it might require a bit of patience on our parts. Meanwhile, continue to make suggestions about what you'd like in a Uni pack while there is still time to get it in.

My idea for the perfect title is GET TO CLASS. :D
  • Options
    lsprad72lsprad72 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > I’m sure it will happen. It’s too highly demanded for them to ignore :)
    >
    > Bet they call it: Get Educated

They are still ignoring our requests. All these Supernatural packs. I am all for everyone to get what they want but I see so many people wanting University. Why do they keep ignoring us. I play Sims to mimic real life. There are no Aliens, Vampires, Witches, Mermaids. I only got Vampires when they went on sale and I got it for 4.99. I got Island Living because I like the beach. I don't create or play with Mermaids. I will not play with the witches. They have had back to back supernatural packs. Strangerville, Mermaids and now witches. Come on! I mean I love me the Twilight movies but I know that is a fiction story. It is not real. Am I the only one who plays Sims 4 as a normal life game?
  • Options
    ClassyashleyaClassyashleya Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a homework bug to where my sims can not complete their homework cause the action never completes. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    If you don't mind using cheats, you could use a reset.
  • Options
    How to i do that?
  • Options
    It’s for the University