Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's discuss the new stairs

What do you all think about the new stairs? Though I still want spiral stairs, I think this solution is very elegant and helps to save some space in our houses.

Comments

• WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Looks awesome to me, but I'm not a builder. I do like patio stuff as well.
    C0gfE.gif
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Super excited to have new stair options. And I think the fact that an update has been made to stairs is a good indicator that it’s possible for spiral stairs to come in the future.
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I love it! Mainly because the devs made it easy to modify it, no needing of cheats and stuff.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Super excited to have new stair options. And I think the fact that an update has been made to stairs is a good indicator that it’s possible for spiral stairs to come in the future.

I don't think so. These new stairs don't require new animations, but spiral stairs (climbing in circles) probably would. And with pets and toddlers, this is obviously a nightmare for the devs.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    It looks absolutely amazing, my builds are gonna be so much more fun now!
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think they look awesome. I can now build my childhood home (which had U shaped stairways) correctly. I can stack stairs correctly and make them nice and compact. I can make crazy stairs that go up multiple levels...

I just need the multi-level basement glitch fixed and I can do my mad scientist's lab up right. :)

I'm so thrilled by the stairs.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    LOVE IT. I can finally build L and U shaped staircases and put them in my houses. Super pumped to build now. Now I just need my ceiling paint, round pool shapes, platforms/split levels and garages.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member

I don't think so. These new stairs don't require new animations, but spiral stairs (climbing in circles) probably would. And with pets and toddlers, this is obviously a nightmare for the devs.

I really meant the fact that stairs are being given attention at all. Not saying new animations were made for these that will be used for spiral. Of course it would take more work, but spiral stairs have been done before.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member

I think that the more cooler option is curved stairs which can be turned into spiral stairs and make into many other different stairs. What do you think?

But anyway, I'm happy to see more customization abilities for stairs especially because any stair can be customized (not only the new ones).
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'm so excited to see what builders come up with! :) Gonna have to go browsing the gallery again
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    As a builder, I actually almost screamed when I saw them. It's gonna be SO MUCH FUN building with all the different kinds of stairs, so many new options and ways to do builds. I love making tiny builds and the straight stairs were always a pain in those but now... YAY! :D
    (also, this just got my hopes up about spiral stairs sometime in the future. TS1 anniversary, anyone?)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I just wanna know if we can make a bigger landing than just the stair tile placement at any level. I'm picturing a space big enough for a decor Christmas tree or a chair next to an end table or a statue, etc that won't block the stair paths.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The number of house plans online that I dumped because of L shaped stairs😭😭😭 time to go dumpster diving

This so much :D
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I'm really excited to get to play around with the stairs. The way these are done, I don't feel like I (personally) need spiral stairs. I kind of always wanted L and U shaped stairs more than spirals anyway, so I'm quite happy. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I like this a lot. I'd admittedly prefer spiral stairs but these look like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to experimenting.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’m so happy!! Finally !!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The best news coming out of maxis monthly. I haven't watched one in forever.

I also loved the fences with the little lights on them.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Finally more stair options. That irked me to no end, since I started playing. No more unecessary space wasted in build mode and my builds. :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    I can't believe I am so happy about stairs! It's ridiculous. Finally, I will be able to add L shaped stairs to my main build just like the real life build it is based on. Yay! One less thing on my long wish list. :)
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I really like the stairs that will be coming and look forward to making changes in homes and seeing what the builders come up with.
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm excited! Though I wonder if this means we'll also be able to place stairs on an angled foundation now.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I believe that the introduction of the new stair manipulation will drastically change the way most buildings will be designed and built... it will have an enormous effect and potentially may even change the way we play our games - yes, I honestly think it will have that much of an impact. I've been pretty critical of the devs of TS4 in the past but, for me, this has made up for it by the truck load... a huge well done and thank you from me! :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I get a warm fuzzy feeling when looking at those stairs.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I was like ok whatever another lounge, another gnome and then suddenly WHATTTTTT???? STAIRSSSSSSS??? I'm so excited. And it seems to work so well.