Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your spell ideas!

I know many of you are creative to think of one or ten/more :)
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    1 to instantly fill needs for sure.
    1 for each emotion
    1 to conjure items/collectables...maybe?

That was harder than I thought!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    We have enough emotion related berries, potions, items, etc. I want fun spells! Like turn into frog, cast rain cloud on sim, levitation, make dishes wash themselves, elemental magic, divination, curses and healing, etc. There are so many ideas, just please none of that emotion altering stuff, it has been overdone in already.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    We have enough emotion related berries, potions, items, etc. I want fun spells! Like turn into frog, cast rain cloud on sim, levitation, make dishes wash themselves, elemental magic, divination, curses and healing, etc. There are so many ideas, just please none of that emotion altering stuff, it has been overdone in already.

I could not agree with this more but alas, I think that’s what we shall get. They did it with vampires, dampen emotions, overload emotions or whatever, I can totally see them doing emotional spells. I can’t help but be excited for this pack but until I get a full spell list, I’m not even getting my hopes up.

—T
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    maybe one spell what changes a sims appearance based on there behavior and the only way to break the spell is to not be mean for 24 hours
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    - Although I agree that we have more than enough ways to alter emotions and potions to fill needs, I don't think we have one for the social need. That's the one my sims have the most trouble with, so a spell for that would be great, even if it summons an imaginary friend for the lonely person to talk to.
    - As opposed to the above, a spell that makes sims constantly feel lonely and miserable. We need some things for malevolent witches as well!
    - The power to rewind, fast-forward or stop time.
    - I definitely need elemental magic for some of my witches.
    - A means of transporation / teleportation that is hopefully faster than wellness teleportation. No more slow TS2 style Magivestigium, give me an instant magic wormhole or something! (Could also be used to make unwanted guests disappear...)
    - Apocalypse brings on the worst weather imaginable, makes the world shake and summons hellish creatures to terrorise people. Oh, the fun! >:) Maybe that's even how the Realm of Magic originally got separated from the rest of the world and floated up into space...
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Practical:
    Mundane Magic:
    Light fire place with magic, turn on lights with magic, lock/unlock doors with magic, etc
    Summon, conjure and use telekinesis, to bring friends/enemies, spirits pets/familiars, and items to you.
    Enchantment:
    Upgrade, Fix, Evolve, levitate, and animate objects
    Glamour spells to alter appearances in live mode,
    And shape shift into different objects and life states... perminantly or temporarily.

Untamed Magic:
    Light magic and Dark Magic
    And I don’t mean Good and Evil, i’m Talking about Love and Happiness and Hate & Anger
    Light Magic inspired by the Sun, bright Bursts of Energy, flares, and rays. That can ravage push the darkness back.
    Dark Magic inspired by the Shadows, dark bursts of energy black/purple smoke screens and that can ravage and snuff out the light.

Hoping for a handful of Fire spells, all though all I need is Fire Ball, that combusts when it hits it’s target, hopefully my hands or wands don’t look like a flame thrower.
    Lightning spells
    Water/ice Spells
    Earth spells
    Wind spells

Alchemy Potions/Curses

Potion of Health: fills Energy, Hunger, Hygiene
    Curse all illnesses and Injuries, or other abnormal afflictions a sim may have. Puts sim in an Energized mood.

A potion of Magic, refills Magical Energy boosts for 3 hours of success and Puts a sim in a Focused mood.
    (Does nothing for a sim without magic)

Elixir of Invincibility
    Elixir of Prophecy
    Potion/Curse of Immortality
    Potion/Curse of Fertility/Infertility

I’m better at creating curses than potions.
    Curse of Sleep -puts sim in a perminant deep sleep, for 7 days; followed by Seven days of Insomnia; followed by seven days of nightmares
    Curse of Wrath - impulsive and irrational anger and a strong desire for revenge.
    Curse of Lust - insatiable passion and interest in the next sim that interacts with you (the victim)
    Curse of Gluttony - insatiable hunger and rapid weight gain
    Curse of Envy - a strong desire for your neighbor’s success and possessions
    Curse of Pride - boosts confidence and ego, and strong arrogance, much to everyone’s annoyance
    Curse of Greed -A strong obsession for wealth and all good things.

I really want curses that effect emotion, and Aspirations with Meaningful impact.

**note: rotating households should break or cancel spells/curses. If I place a sim under a sleeping Curse and I rotate families to the household of the sleeping cursed victim that victim should still be asleep in a curse no matter what.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I would like to see magic spells that impact a sim's surrounding environment on a grand scale. How about a spell that instantly makes plants wither or become clogged with weeds and bugs, and a corresponding spell that makes plants healthy, overloaded with fruit, and ready to evolve no matter the season? Weather spells could also be good in this way: have a magic sim call up deadly heat waves or freezing cold, thunderstorms, monsoons and blizzards, terrifying other sims and even putting them in danger. Corresponding spells to dispel heatwaves and banish storms could also be neat to see on the good side. Breaking and repairing every object on a lot could wreak a lot of havoc or quickly restore peace and harmony. It could equally be cool to have a spell that would cause a lot to be infested with multiple ghosts or skeletons all in malicious moods, ready to scare and torment sims. Others have mentioned transformation spells: these could be fun as well -- turn a bunch of objects that are worthless into precious gems or rare collectibles, transform sims or pets or ghosts into something else, reveal aliens or mermaids for who they are. Of course, any such spells should be very costly or difficult to achieve.

Spells to affect life stages could be fun too: age a sim up or down on a whim. Making a young sim old, or an adult regress back to toddlerhood could be an endless source of mischief. I actually don't mind emotion magic if it is powerful: how about a spell that makes a sim close to being hysterical (where they laugh themselves to death) or mortified (where sims get embarrassed to death) -- or one to make an elder sim (or any sim) dance themselves into exhaustion? I know they don't like to directly cause death in this game, but you can make the conditions for it very likely. And it doesn't just have to be deadly magic either -- it can be lifechanging magic in a different sense, too: changing traits for good or ill, filling needs that are at a critical stage or giving a lonely sim a couple of close friends all at once. (In TS1, there were spells to turn your sim's pet into a human, or to age a child immediately into adulthood). Basically I guess I am saying that in past sims games, magic has been temporary or very individualized: for this reason, I would really like magic to be more powerful and consequential in this game.
  • Sergio_gatitoSergio_gatito Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Angellulu said:
    > We have enough emotion related berries, potions, items, etc. I want fun spells! Like turn into frog, cast rain cloud on sim, levitation, make dishes wash themselves, elemental magic, divination, curses and healing, etc. There are so many ideas, just please none of that emotion altering stuff, it has been overdone in already.

THIS!!!
    no more emotions
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I loved the toadification curse from The Sims 3 and hope it returns. I'd also like a curse that temporarily turns a sim's enemy into stone or something.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    You know, since we got the Strange weather in Strangeville, and special Monsoons in Island Living, itd be so cook to have new weather spells! Like, casting frog rain spell, or coin spell for money. Or even fish rain 😆 thatd be so funny and neat! 🌧💧🐸💧🐸
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    erimurphey wrote: »
    I loved the toadification curse from The Sims 3 and hope it returns. I'd also like a curse that temporarily turns a sim's enemy into stone or something.

If it returns I want the sim to turn into an actual toad not a sim wearing a toad costume
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    erimurphey wrote: »

If it returns I want the sim to turn into an actual toad not a sim wearing a toad costume

I couldn’t agree more. The Toadification spell in TS1 turned a sim completely into a toad, which (if you had pets) could be very hazardous, even lethal, as both dragons and cats loved to eat toads. If your sim was consumed in this state, he or she would die. Let’s have some of that risk and danger back.
  • 2fab4uboo2fab4uboo Posts: 47 Member
    I need a spell(s) that let your sims control the elements or the weather. I have a mighty need for this because I'm a huge avatar fan and I want the equivalent of TS4 benders in my game.

Mind control spells.

Popularity spells.

Glamour spells.

Spells to raise the dead or control ghosts

Invisibility spell

Love or lust spell

Money and fame spells

Cleaning spells

Gardening spells

Age/Youth spells

Body switching spells

Time control spells

Knowledge spells
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am pretty sure we will get love spells like in the past; but what if we can make sims dislike each other have couple break up? Think of all the mischief you can have. Maybe like an improved toad curse that last for days and can only break it before the time is up is by having the toad sim kiss another sim; but the twist would be convincing sims to kiss toads. Even if your married, your spouse might not want to kiss a toad (especially if they have the squeamish trait). Gives the game bit of a challenge. I doubt there will be another death as there has only been one confirmed, so the toad probably won't die.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited September 2019
    Meteor shower! An evil mage randomly casts it on a community and it results in damaged or destroyed homes and possibly sim deaths. It would be good for storytelling. Afterwards, the brave sim who survived the aftermath of the spell takes up the quest to stop the evil mage that destroyed his/her community. It's just an idea, but I think some kind of a spell that can cause a great deal of destruction would be an interesting addition to the game.
  • Sergio_gatitoSergio_gatito Posts: 8 New Member
    petrification spell, fame spell, spell to levitate objects or sims, spell to water plants, spell to summon assistant, spell to send sim to beyond, cast sim, spell to convert sim into animal, spell to open a portal and that other sims can pass, spell for weather, spell to cure sim status, spells to enchant objects and make them animated, spells to make sims dance, spell to make things disappear, spell to stop time 'tempus interruptus' , etc...
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Various curses, teleportation, summon sim, summon spirits, necromancer, meteor summoning, I could go on!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I’d love some mischievous/evil spells like cast disease, turning people into llamas, changing oneself into another sim to cause mischief and have them blamed, and reducing skills.
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @Cynel1 That reminds me of the Inner Beauty spell from the Sims 3. I hope this spell makes a comeback in Realm of Magic!

well apparently there is a Spell in mischief that makes a sim ugly .