Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we get a romantic pack can we please get a romantic themed world to go with it?

Either a Home World or a Destination World. I'd prefer the latter with romantic bed and breakfast inns with heart beds/fireplaces/tubs and lip sofas. Lip Sofas could also be placed down in parks in a home world with maybe red flower petals on the ground. Also multiple red roses in vases would be great for tables as well as decorative champagyne glasses.

Oviously I'd want a Hottub for 2 preferelly a heartshaped hottub covered with roses and maybe some small glass candles and heart shaped photobooths for taking romantic pictures together in.

Comments

• memequeenpart2memequeenpart2 Posts: 466 Member
    it sounds like a great idea! they could add honeymoons aswell with it!
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    I really want to see a romantic system in my game, but I think it's more likely to be a part of big EP. It's can work good with Tropical/Beaches EP, similar to the one on the mobile version.
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    I am also really hoping they add a proper romance system... theres no challenge or hint of reality with the way it is now! I would love turn ons / turn offs, romantic reputation, crushes, unrequited love, matchmaking, online dating... I could go on...
  • boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    If there will be a pack like this, I'd like to see these in it:
    Slow dance
    Salsa
    Waltz and maybe some other pas (I don't know if this is the right word. I'm not a native speaker. The word I want to say is something that means a dance that involves 2 person)
    New woohoo locations (because reasons; maybe a woohoo shower, a woohoo couch and something else. I would love if they would update the elevators so that our sims can enjoy it even more ;) and if they finally add cars that should be a place for this too)
    A honeymoon destination world, preferably a beachy place, greek like place that would work well with the romantic garden stuffs
    Cupid/Putti statues and paintings xD (I loathe them but I'd like them in this pack)
    Doves (same with the Culids)
    And dating apps
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Maybe a world reminiscent of paris?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd rather have different romantic spots in different worlds that just one romantic world. And with worlds being at a premium, I'd rather wait for a bigger and better theme. It would be like swimming in only the new world's ocean, and we all know how we feel about limitations.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    8fKpgpa.jpg
    Like this? I'd love for this to be a real world, and we desperately need a chemistry system, so I'm all for a romance pack if it has that.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Breazona wrote: »
    8fKpgpa.jpg
    Like this? I'd love for this to be a real world, and we desperately need a chemistry system, so I'm all for a romance pack if it has that.

Venice or a Mediterranean world in general would be perfect for a romantic pack!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Suika7Suika7 Posts: 22 Member
    I have SO MANY thoughts regarding a potential Romance (Game or Expansion) Pack addition to the game! I’d imagine a Game Pack title would be something like “The Sims 4 Honeymoon” and an Expansion Pack title would be something like “The Sims 4 Get Romantic.” This kind of game or expansion pack could absolutely pave the way for future packs to recycle animations, assets, etc. I have many ideas for other packs to be mentioned in separate threads, but I’ll try to mention tie-ins with existing or possible future packs as I go along in this one. Y'all just bare with me here, I'ma break it down into 4-ish posts and go into detail where I can (disclaimer: I don't have all the packs yet so if some of these already exist, I apologize...)
    Romance Pack Venue:
    I agree that a vacation world would be great if we get a romance pack--something not necessarily "outdoors" related as the other two vacation worlds are. I could see a beach/island/Mediterranean theme world being used as a new "outdoors" world, but as a previous poster mentioned, a Paris, Venice, or other romantic-themed tourist city would be just as awesome and something different for “vacation only” worlds.

If a Venice-theme:
    -Streets and roads could be waterways instead of concrete
    -Sidewalks and bridges would still be for walking
    -Gondolas would be an option for getting around, traveling (“travel” symbol would be gondola instead of car), and just relaxing or romantic rides similar to taking a walk. I’ll expound upon this later in my “general ideas” post for this pack.
    -Would be a perfect place for Shakespearean plays with the Actor Career.
    -Could have a “Great Library” (a la Mediterranean/Great Library of Alexandria) that has world-specific cultural books. Literature written by locals, novels set there, stage and screenplays set there, Historical archives as well as Historical novels, a Sims’ version of Dante’s Divine Comedy...etc.
    -Excellent way to introduce more Italian/Mediterranean dishes not already in the game.

If a Paris-theme:
    -Could include an underground catacomb-style area to discover that could work extremely well with the Spooky Stuff and Vampires. Not necessarily romantic unless your Sim is of the Vampiric persuasion. Or goth, I guess.
    -All the lights. Not just beautiful street lights but fairy lights, floating lights, etc. (maybe not for specific woohoo locations)
    -High-up places to watch the sunset/sunrise/stars, etc. Not necessarily a Sims’ version of the Eiffel Tower, mind you, but something similar. Maybe a high-rise restaurant or similar lot that requires an elevator to get to.
    -Perfect for “haute cuisine” dishes and more pastries.

Really those two city ideas wouldn’t have to be mutually exclusive--have all of the above in one vacation city venue. The only differences would be architecture style, which I still say would be better to match to the Romantic Garden pack. Other things such a new world could include:
    -Romantic cafes (and restaurants if that pack is loaded.) Bistros and Patisseries could also be included.
    -Romantic food stalls (and many more flirty foods beyond just the flirty cookies)
    -New cultural dishes to try as well as learn to make.
    -Hotels (similar to apartments instead of cabins) with different room themes to include basic, honeymoon, gothic, vampires, etc.
    -Lots of gardens and private spots to walk to and enjoy each other.
    -Street musicians and entertainers specifically doing romantic performances.
    -Fine wines could be added to Mixology, or even add a new skill like “Connoisseur” which would be somewhere between the Foodie trait and the Critic career, I guess. Instead of mixed drinks/cocktails, have the option to order fine wines, whisky, beer, etc. Straight drinks, if you will. Venice and Paris are both renowned for their wines especially. The higher the level, the more the Sim can develop their palette and appreciate the full notes of each drink.
    -If a drunken moodlet could be added to the game, I’d recommend starting it with either this pack or a University pack. It’d probably use the same animations around “dazed” moodlets and “clumsy” traits, as well as being too loud, singing off-key, and trying to dance horribly. Oh, and the sleep bar would deteriorate quickly alongside the bladder bar. But fun would deteriorate much more slowly!
    -Both location styles would be ideal for a Mardi Gras/Carnival style festival as well.
    -Both location styles would also be ideal for a new lot type like a theatre. Actual stage theatre, not movie theatre. Instrumental performances, singing, and make use of that new acting career with its sets and all from Get Famous. This could lead to future theatres being available for base worlds and serve as a place to go when invited early by another Sim (instead of the rabbit hole it currently is...when it works…).
    -I believe Get Famous also has a set and therefore assets for a castle/cathedral style building. Castles could be historical sites to visit like the museum in Windenburg, or even romantic/spooky places to spend the night. Cathedrals have the potential for historical museum value, religious ceremonies (like the rabbit hole tradition for holidays in Seasons), and of course, weddings. Introducing such a lot type would put a ton of the holiday assets and City Living cultural things to great use, as such a lot could be customized elsewhere in other worlds to be a Synagogue, Temple, Shrine, etc.

I could even see them making a game/expansion pack that served the dual purpose of being a romance pack and a tourist pack--visit cultural monuments, bigger museums, and/or significant places (great for kids and teens to boost their grades in school), maybe something fun-park related like a ferris wheel (which could be fun AND romantic), but also balance it with tons of romantic locations and new interactions. And they could make consequences to being too rowdy, as well--too much merrymaking/drinking/public flirtings or woohooing could get you in trouble with security or the local police. (That could also tie-in to the Get to Work expansion with cops having the ability to give citations for such things elsewhere as well as having to do a day of work at that location because the local force is understaffed or something.)

I'd also agree that making it compatible style-wise with the Romantic Garden Stuff would be to their benefit as a lot of the assets have already been created and they'd just need to build a world to make full use of them. Romantic Garden especially lends itself to a Mediterranean themed world like Venice, though admittedly more overgrown with vines and such than normal cities, European or otherwise. The Romance Festival assets and decor style could also be beneficial to coordinate with, or at least use as base assets to build upon.

There could also be a hidden world that leads to an amped-up "Flirty" atmosphere space that has either new woohoo locations/objects, or makes use of existing ones in the game, like the bushes and such (I could totally see the flowering trees leaving “petal piles” like the leaf piles and money piles to woohoo in). This could also have a hermit-like NPC as a "Love Guru" (like during the Romance Festival) or a "Spirit/God of Love" similar to the wishing well but either as a statue (acts like the gnomes, maybe looks like a cupid/putto) or an actual NPC Sim that you can anger or appease for Romantic blessings.
    -A fun new way to enter it--especially if the Romantic world was a city--could be interacting romantically several times in front of a specific mural. Once it begins to sparkle or something, it becomes a "window to a dream world" like in those old movies where the couple hold hands and jump into a painting. New romantic adventure with twists and turns like going to the Forgotten Grotto, etc. Obviously it wouldn't be a mural available to paint--or at least, not a working one.
    Dancing--Slow/Ballroom:
    I've posted before in other idea threads about slow dancing and ballroom dancing being added to the game--the latter being a great new skill to learn. (Sims Free Play has ballroom dancing lessons darn it, why can't the Sims 4?) Such a skill could easily be built upon in later packs like folk dances and square dances for a Country Life expansion.

Quick lesson for those not quite familiar with Ballroom Dancing:
    -Dances are generally between two people, though some (like Square Dances) include four or more.
    -The traditional “male” role in the dancing couple is called the “lead” or the “leader.” This is the one that guides the other and the steps for the lead are usually designed to show off the beauty and talent of their partner.
    -The traditional “female” role in the dancing couple is called the “follow” or the “follower.” This is the one that is moved around the other, usually as a way to show off. There is a joke that follows can “do everything their lead can do, but also backwards and in high heels.” The follow is the one an audience’s attention is drawn to, and dance steps are designed with that in mind.

Now then, here are my ideas for these types of dancing to work in the Sims 4, and especially in relation to a Romance pack:

Slow Dancing:
    -Slow dancing could be a simple interaction similar to the "dance together" interaction but wouldn't necessarily need to have a skill level.
    -Two Sims literally just embracing either at arms' length or cheek-to-cheek, with or without their hands clasped to the side, and moving in a slow turn.
    -Not much floor space needed, nor even a dance floor, really. The lead would mostly revolve around the stationary follow in one spot.
    -Could be something even kids could learn (first school dance anyone?)
    -Could include staring lovingly into each other's eyes while dancing, kissing while dancing, etc. There's a mod for this, I believe, but I'd love to see it actually added to the game proper.
    -If there’s a progression in the animation(s) for it at all, I’d imagine it could possibly be tied to the relationship bar between the couple. Arm’s length for strangers or friends (or kids), and closer, more intimate embraces the stronger their romance bar is.
    -Could incorporate advanced techniques like slow dips (with kisses?) and slow spins just one step away.
    -Spins could also turn into intimate swaying embraces with the lead behind the follow, essentially hugging them from behind but still moving a bit to the music.
    -There could also be a “Cut in” interaction for a third party to try to take the lead position. This can cause relationship changes if the request is accepted or refused, and could even lead to jealousy-fueled fights.
    -I’ll mention this more in-depth in my ideas for romantic interactions, but I can see Slow Dancing being something that could be used with music and a dance floor, but also without--a “dancing to the song in their hearts” romantic interaction, if you will. Same animation, but only available for very romantic couples without a dance floor.
    -I can see Slow Dancing being a base game patch before this pack releases.

Ballroom Dancing:
    -Ballroom dancing could and should absolutely have 10 levels of skill to it.
    -I'd recommend starting with a basic Waltz, adding both Smooth/Standard dances and Rhythm/Latin dances along the way, finally getting to the Viennese Waltz at level 10. The Foxtrot could be around level 7, maybe Swing dancing around level 8, etc.
    -This is all assuming the developers have the patience, man-power, and money to design the very different animations required. If it would be easier on them, I’d say lump the dances they choose to include into groups that start with the same basic steps and music types, adding small changes to each as necessary (many dances have different names and levels of difficulty, but are really faster or more complex versions of simpler dances.)
    -A decision would have to be made on the developers’ side to animate the dances either “American Style” or “International Style.” From an animation standpoint, American would be more difficult as it’s more open and therefore uses more motions and floor space. International is more closed where the couple is contained within their own “box” if you will. I believe either would make players happy, but Lord knows American style would look friggin’ awesome.
    -I mentioned previously that I’d expound a bit on how Ballroom Dancing in a Romance pack could be built upon in future packs. My Cajun roots beg me to add in "folk dance" to the Ballroom dancing category since it's closer to Ballroom dancing than Slow or regular in-game dancing.
    -Historical dances, square dancing, Country Waltz, but especially Zydeco could all be added as new Ballroom dances in a Country Life pack. I include Zydeco specifically because that's among the sexiest of the Rhythm Ballroom dances out there. Tango and Swing have nothing on Zydeco in my personal opinion, though Swing and Rumba can come awfully close.
    -I can also see the Ballroom dancing animations being built upon in other existing packs, like City Living. Since City Living introduces so many new world cultures to the game, it would follow that at least one new traditional dance could be added for each new culture. Great way to add content to an existing pack and really amp up those festivals.
    -Any of the “sexy” Ballroom/folk dances would probably need to be adjusted to fit the game’s E rating, but having them would still be tons of fun.
    -I would recommend avoiding any “Cut in” interactions with Ballroom dancing--since they all pretty much move around a dance floor at varying speeds instead of turning on a fixed point, it would be much harder for a third Sim to even catch up with the desired couple, let alone interact with them. Besides, it’s poor etiquette to interrupt a couple performing such technically challenging dances these days.
    -With the "mentor" trait, Sims who max out at Ballroom dancing could teach others--I'd imagine even children and teens could start to learn Ballroom dancing just like they can learn regular dancing now.
    -That could lead to some kids (especially boys) getting bored in lessons because that's "sissy stuff."
    -It could also be a skill they can start to learn after maxing out their motor skills. I wouldn't put it in the creativity skill necessarily, since there's strict rules to follow instead of like art where your Sims can potentially do whatever they want. But I guess that logic applies to instruments as well, so it could either fall under motor or creativity I guess. Or both. Both is good.
    -Actual Ballroom dress could be really fun and beautiful additions to CAS. Latin and Swing dances would use shorter skirted dresses (like the current ice skating outfits) and Waltzes would use either vintage-style gowns (doesn't the new Get Famous expansion have historical style clothing? These would fit as well) or more modern Ballroom gowns which are very flowy and usually tie the skirt to both hands of the follow (the lady in traditional dance couples).
    -Traditional dance dress for any cultural dances would also be great to add to CAS if they’re different form current CAS parts.
    -Proper-styled dance shoes could also be added, though several already exist in CAS. -Kids could have related outfits like modern child dance competitors.
    -Most modern Ballroom gowns are completely backless, though many are halter necklines or sheer illusion tops.
    -I’d imagine a fun new way to potentially die would be to have a huge ballroom gown that could catch on fire if too close to a fireplace.
    -Obviously the types of ballroom dances you could do would be limited by the size of your dance floor--Sims dancing in the game right now typically stay in one place until doing a group dance. However, nearly all ballroom dances take up MUCH more room and would need the medium-sized dance floors at minimum (the Charleston is actually the only one I can think of at the moment that might be done on the small-size dance floor. Maybe the Swing, too, but the two Sims would need a wide berth for the advanced tricks for that style so they don't kick others in the face.)
    -Actually, now that we have skating rinks with Seasons, those would make excellent Ballroom dance floors since many of the smooth dances have couples dancing around the perimeter of the space like roller skating and ice skating currently do. So a ballroom dance floor without the half walls and outdoor features would be a great way to build on an existing asset.
    -Ballroom dancing failures could also be hilarious. Tripping and falling, throwing your partner into the crowd, dropping your partner while attempting a dip, etc.
    -They could also include new social events to plan or be invited to that include Slow or Ballroom dancing. Prom for teens of course, First School Dance for kids, as well as Elegant Dinner parties (put those formal outfits to use!), Holiday-related romantic dance parties, and Ballroom Dance competitions in certain venues.
    -The competitions could be similar to modern day ones, or resemble stamina battles like back in the 1930's. The leads (the gentlemen in traditional dance couples) in competitions would wear whatever their formal attire is, but have a number (in Simlish, I'm sure) on a paper added to their back because that's how it's actually done these days. Not really "dance-offs" so much as judging panels.
    -Obviously any venue designed to incorporate Ballroom dancing would be a perfect tie-in with the Vintage Glamour, Vampires, and Luxury Party packs to name a few.
    -There could even be restaurants with dance floors specifically for slow dancing or ballroom dancing.
    -If Ballroom dancing became part of a Romance Game pack, it follows that more "chamber music" style instruments could be added as new assets and skills so that live ensemble music can be played at dances instead of just DJs or speakers. We already have piano and violin, so at least a cello to add to it could be great. There could be a harp (concert or lyre), saxophone, even one of the horns for Swing music. Any of the other woodwinds and brass would also make a great addition (except maybe Sousaphone...leave that for a University pack.) I'd add percussion as well, but if we're going the romantic route instead of just the party route then it'd need to be closer to either timpani or a drum set with jazz as an option instead of just rock n’ roll and metal. Even marimba or xylophone could work, especially in a beach setting (or steel drums for that matter.)
    -If it's too much to add more than one new instrument, (Saxophones are called “Sexyphones” for a reason--woo those Sims with those dulcet tones!) then I'd at least like to see an option during an event to hire a music ensemble like you can hire caterers and entertainers. They'd act the same as the individual hired Sims, but act together as a group instead of independently.
    -What would a Romance Pack with ballroom dancing be without new music to learn on the existing instruments? Music specifically for those dances, as well as romantic/flirty music in general. (Still waiting on true instrumental duets...)
    -Obviously also a Romantic radio station.
    -If adding traditional cultural dances, consider traditional instruments used in the music of those dances as well. Same goes for any folk dances--banjo, accordion, etc.
    Romantic Interactions between two Sims:
    Longer romantic interactions that aren't woohoo! Have the countdown wheel for them so they take time even in 3x speed. Many can double as platonic interactions if between best friends or family members (so the flirty boost of the interaction would only show up if the pink bar is already established.) For instance:
    -Cuddling on the couch (yes, we have snuggling, but I mean just sitting cuddled together with their heads on each others' shoulders, just relaxing instead of nuzzling.) This could work extremely well as an interaction with the fireplace or TV, or any outdoor bench. Could also relieve tension.
    -Watching TV while sharing a blanket. This could be taken two ways, with either the blanket wrapped around their shoulders or laid over their legs. Wouldn't have to be a strictly "romantic" interaction, either, as kids and parents could totally interact this way as well. I imagine a "teen" version of this could be something like "Invite to SimFlix and Chill"
    -Longer romantic phone calls, especially for teens. Could even include a walk cycle for Sims to pace while talking on the phone, or flop on a bed or something. For teens especially, maybe a “hide in closet” variant so they can talk to their crush privately.
    -Long romantic soaks in a bathtub. I know a new asset would need to be created for this, as it'd be a tub built for two instead of the single tubs or the 8-person hot tub currently in the game, but I'd love to have romantic couples/married couples be able to get in a bath or bubble bath together and just relax while cuddling (head on shoulders similar to the cuddling on couch). Could be a woohoo spot similar to the hot tub. Could also design it where there's candles, or at least a ledge piece on the asset for the candles in the game. Additionally, such an asset could be designed to hold up to two toddlers so a single parent could bathe two in one go (like real life folks) instead of just one.
    -Playing with hair or at least running fingers through hair. Wouldn't need to make the hair go any certain way, just the act of a gentle claw-hand or two running across a loved one's scalp either from the front or from behind. Could also be a similar action between parent and child where the parent plays with the child's hair.
    -Embraces from behind. These don't have to be "long" like the others I mention on this list, but a loving hug from behind is really calming and romantic.
    -Go jogging together. I'd love to see my Sims who're fitness-minded be able to jog side-by-side and converse on the same route. (I don't have the Fitness Stuff pack yet, so if this is in there, I apologize)
    -Fishing together. Yes, Sims can fish side-by-side at fishing spots, but the actual interaction where they talk and have a good, relaxing time with it together would be a great addition.
    -Take walks holding hands. Our Sims can take walks with pets (short, medium, and long walks) so why not walks with significant others where they can walk side-by-side with an option to hold hands while doing so? Not just romantic for younger couples, but elders as well. (There needs to be more cute elder things to do in general.)
    -As mentioned in the Slow dancing part, an option for Slow dancing without music. Just what it sounds like, a long-ish interaction for the romantic couple where one can initiate a slow dance with the other when they're in the mood, regardless of any available music or dance floor.
    -Feeding each other bites from their own plate. This would work extremely well in a Paris/Honeymoon setting. When two Sims are eating together one can offer to share a bite either with a fork or by hand, especially if we ever have a plate of truffles or small candies as a food asset (not the fondue stuff--I mean an actual recipe to make candy or order candy at a cafe and feed bonbons to each other.)
    -Shopping together interaction where one Sim can try on new outfits or accessories and get a reaction from the other. Could be romantic for a honeymoon setting (trying on swimsuits or lingerie anyone?) or be really fun between even teenage Sims just hanging out in Magnolia Promenade. This would be an actual interaction to choose from as opposed to just sending two Sims to a store and making them interact.
    -An aged-up version of the "play" option for adults with toddlers. One Sim twirls the other on their back and they just generally goof around and maybe fall over laughing.
    -Similar interactions for outdoors like in the pool or snow.
    -Could also have one Sim pick up the other “princess style” and swing them around for fun. Could be both Romantic and Playful, with failure possibilities.
    -A potentially hilarious interaction to take from the Fitness Stuff would be to have a Sim climb ivy or other vines growing on a wall up to another Sim's window or balcony. This could be romantic (Romeo & Juliet), Mischievous (burglary), lower responsibility (if used in reverse for teens to sneak out) or just straight up hilarious if their fitness skill is low and they fall. Or if they're climbing rose vines and get stuck with thorns. So much potential for an amended interaction already in a pack.
    -Date night event that can be done at home. Could have the option of sending kids to a babysitter or sleep over at a friend’s house so the parents can stay home and be romantic. Still have similar goals like the existing date, but no need to pick a destination. Perfect for the Loner trait and times when the weather is too bad to go outside.
    -Cooking/Baking/food-skilling together. Not just the general "make a meal" or even "make a drink for..." option, but a "Cook with..." option where two Sims can work together to make something and have fun doing so. Making a cake? One boops cake batter on the other's nose. Making a grilled cheese at low skill? If a burn happens, the other Sim could kiss the burnt finger.
    -Could be romantic or family (or even best friends having fun).
    -Could also be hilarious if one has a high skill and one has a low skill--the low skill one would potentially learn faster, but the higher skilled one could get the same "no don't...what did I just see..." moodlet parents so often do with toddlers in Parenthood.
    -Variation on that theme above: "Cook/Bake for..." option for date nights at home. Cook or bake for a target Sim, learn their favorite dishes, etc.
    -Eating vendor foods/drinks together. Mostly thinking ice cream here from a summer food stall. Either sharing a single ice cream or tasting each other's. Winter could bring sharing hot cocoa or some warm edible thing from the Winter food stall. Y'all get the idea.
    -Festival/City Living food stalls too, especially if both Sims are foodies and love to try new foods--doing it together could raise their ability to cook that food as well as romance and fun.
    -Also possibility of eating spicy foods, leaning in for a kiss, and breathing fire into the other Sim's face on accident. Whoops!
    Romance Pack stuff in general (not necessarily to fit a new world, but to add more romance to the game):
    -New CAS parts to include more lingerie, swimsuits, sun dresses, chest-exposing tops (especially for guys), etc.
    -For the love of all that's holy, please have clumsy Sims trip into other Sims to initiate potential romances!
    -A new atmosphere animation for when two Sims reach a new stage of romance (“sweethearts,” “soulmates,” etc.) I’m thinking an aura of pink bubbles or sparkles that momentarily shines around the two as they’re in their “own little world.”
    -Climbing trees with or without treehouses could be a way to bring in that “sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g” idea for teens. Kids could catch them and make fun of them with a Simlish version of that song. Teens could climb up into a tree and make-out while having some privacy with the branches and leaves.
    -Awesome places to watch the sunrise and sunset both for Sims and the players--not just high-up places like I mentioned in my Romance Pack venues post. Existing worlds could get overhauls (especially now that terrain building is a thing) so that empty lots have great romantic places for two Sims to watch the sun set or rise.

-Since the addition of Get Famous, there’s a makeup and hair interaction for actors. This could be built upon for a new “Beauty Salon” lot type that would work anywhere but especially in a Paris-themed world.
    -Could go into CAS or randomize like the closets do with “try on outfits.” Perfect for getting ready for a date night that might not match the chosen formal or party outfits for the played Sim.
    -Could also build upon the “freshen up” interaction with mirrors to include a makeup/hair animation. Nothing would necessarily change on the Sim, but it would look like they’re touching up their makeup and patting their hair.

-Chemistry system, or a way for Sims to have a “type” or “taste” in other Sims. Things they’re attracted to, things that are turn-offs, etc. I won’t beat this one to death as it’s been mentioned hundreds of times before in other threads.
    -However, I will say that including such a system where the player has to discover their Sims’ types would be great fun instead of making it completely customizable. I believe Get Famous has a similar function with “Quirks.”
    -Could be an option to turn on or off in settings.
    -I’d love to see a way for Sims to learn other Sims’ tastes and remember them in the relationship panel, similar to how they remember their traits with the “Get to know” interaction.
    -Sims missing each other at high enough friendship and especially at high enough romance--not just tied to “family oriented” or “outgoing” traits, and not just tied to the social need bar. I know relationship decays over time if the Sims don’t see each other, but maybe after so many tick marks down (or however the developers coded the bars) the “Missing (Sim)” moodlet appears and unlocks new actions to get over loneliness for that specific Sim.
    -Candy making! Not just "flirty cookies" but make actual truffles and things that add flirty moodlets--possibly as an advanced cooking skill instead of a moodlet-only skill, like how a high enough Mixology skill can let you craft any of the moodlet drinks. Could also be seasonal or holiday-specific, or be used as gifts.

-I mentioned previously in my post on venues for a Romance Pack how great a gondola addition would be for a Venice-style city. I imagine a couples' boat ride either row-boat style or gondola-style would also be a great addition to the game via this pack regardless of venue. It would require a new asset or two (the boat, possibly the oars, etc) and possibly a new 5-level skill (don't tip the boat!) but could be very romantic and put the lakes and waterways already in the game to use up to a certain distance.
    -Would work perfectly with a Venice-style world.
    -Could be used as a romantic action for dates or a way to travel (like the invisible ferry in Brindleton Bay).
    -I'd imagine there could even be a new "parasol" umbrella that could have lace or other transparent designs for the non-rowing Sim to hold. Would of course be built on the existing umbrellas in Seasons.

-Picnics on a picnic blanket instead of picnic table either between couples or with families would be a great way to use that "pack lunch" interaction from Parenthood. Would also put the picnic basket decor asset to good use and be a perfect addition to the Seasons pack, what with pitfalls like rain to contend with, and ants (could work similarly to mice from City Living).
    -Yes, such a new asset/interaction would require the developers to design a whole new eating animation since Sims don’t eat on the floor (not past the toddler stage at least) but I think it would be worth it and totally open new doors for that animation base in existing packs (like traditional ways of eating for various cultures in City Living) as well as future ones.
    -Wine could be one of the things grabbed from a "couple's picnic basket" and fun snacks like ants-on-a-log could be grabbed from a "family picnic basket." Pair this with the suggestion for "feeding each other" interaction (mentioned in my Romantic Interactions post) and a place to watch the sunset, and that's just the perfect date if ever there was one. Add in a romantic row boat ride before eating and that’s the historical ideal spring/summer outing with your sweetheart.
    -Would also be a great way to tie-in with the other vacation game packs.

-More "normal" woohoo locations as mentioned by a previous poster. They'd need to be covered of course, but a two-person shower could just steam up like the hot tub and sauna. A couch could have a hidden blanket they pull from hammer space (behind the couch? Between the cushions?) to cover themselves with (would only work on 3-seat sofas) and if the developers REALLY wanted to get creative, the hammer space blanket could coordinate with the couch it’s attached to. Or you know, just be a generic color like throw blankets in real life.
    -I could even see a more raunchy location being a vine-covered version of the “Where the Green Fern Grows” garden statue thing from the Romantic Garden pack. It’s domed and could fit two Sims without a statue on display. The idea of "standing up woohoo" but they shift the vines while kissing and the vines completely cover them like a curtain. I've already mentioned a two-person bathtub and a two-person shower as a possible woohoo spot as well.

-I'd like to see more crafts for adults in general to be given as gifts to their loved ones. I have an idea for a DIY pack that I’ll go more in depth into in another thread, but the idea of making things by hand and giving them as gifts to boost romance is something I think the game needs. Not just gift-giving during holidays or giving things you bought or found, either. Actual homemade things made specifically for a target Sim. Yes, you can currently craft things on the workbench and other creativity tools and give stuff to Sims, but I’d like to see more romance-inspired craftables as well, especially with a “Craft/Make for…” option.
    -Could be incorporated into a Chemistry/Taste/Type system if they ever introduce one, where not only do Sims like or dislike gifts, but your Sim learns and remembers which things they like and don’t like in the Sim relationship panel.
    -Could also be seasonal, like knitting a scarf or making a crown of flowers. Wouldn't have to be strictly romantic/flirty, as crafting homemade gifts could be something any creative Sim could do and children could especially have fun with. However, having an option on any of the existing creative tools like the canvas or woodbench, where you could "craft for..." would be a great way to make an item with maybe a +1 flirty moodlet if it's successfully accepted.
    -If more crafts are added to the pack, couples could craft things together similar to how two people can work together on a mural in City Living (I think...? I haven't checked and I don't use that very often but it sounds familiar)

-How about a "Do (action) for..." option? Not necessarily an interaction between Sims, but something where your Sim has the option to do something nice for another Sim to show that your Sim cares without saying it. If the target Sim cooks a lot and the player's Sim has a high enough Handiness, for example, maybe an option to "Upgrade Oven for (target Sim)" or even "Clean House for (target Sim)" and so on. Y'all get the idea. Solitary actions of love that would build quiet romance between couples (or family bonds between parents and kids) that raise once the target Sim notices.

-Actual Photo Album assets in the game, and bonus points to the developers if they actually act as storage items for the photos taken with cameras. Again, could be romantic, could be family, could be ESPECIALLY romantic for elders. If filled with "poor" quality photos, Sims could laugh. Could also be a simple asset (ha ha, I know, developers; this wouldn't be a "simple" asset by any means--what even is a “simple” asset for a game like this?) where it's filled with generic photos but looking through it gives great positive moodlets as they remember old times like the private journals. Definitely could be held and looked at by more than one Sim at a time.
    -If there were more than one type, a "wedding" album could give a flirty moodlet, a "baby" album could give a happy or playful moodlet, etc.
    -Scrapbooking could also be added as an album interaction if a creative moodlet is activated.
    -Could also double as portfolios for aspiring photographers (if photography ever becomes a career choice and not a hobby.)

-I know love emails exist in the game, but I'd like to see a stationery asset for a desk where a Sim can write a traditional love letter to another Sim and send it via snail mail. Could be romantic, could be mischievous, especially if given the option to sign another Sim's name to it. (Sending cards via snail mail in the game would be a great addition to tie into Seasons as well, since they have the seasonal cards as decor already).

-If they decided to extend the "romance" to the idea of the "first crush" (I think this is a mod currently?) for the kids, then writing a confession or "will u go out w/me?" note so that kids can sneak it into each other's lockers at school (that's already a chance card that comes up) would be cute. Obviously no "flirty" moodlets for kids, though. Just an addition that would work in this pack.
    -Holding hands for kids--especially a “shyly hold hands” interaction if first crushes become more than just a mod.

-I believe a previous poster mentioned dating websites. This could be a super fun and hilarious way to bring blind dates into the game.
    -If a Sim uses a dating website, they could choose from say, 5 Sims that respond to them, and begin penpalling with them and flirting with them virtually until the option to "ask on real-life date" came up. This would then proceed as a date event, only with the idea that you'd have to find the date Sim in a crowd (do they look the same as their pic? Is there a similar looking decoy? Could use the mechanic from Get to Work where detectives have to figure out suspects) and would be much harder to achieve a gold in since either Sim could be instantly uninterested in the other regardless of what you do. Moving too fast too soon is always a mood killer. Gotta get to know the Sim for real before moving to the flirty stuff!
    -Since actual violence isn't in the game, I'd imagine the danger aspect of blind dates/dating websites wouldn't be included, though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing at least an "uncomfortable" or “tense” moodlet with the explanation being "this Sim wants to get as far away from here as possible" or something. (I hear Get Famous has something akin to stalkers...maybe build upon that mechanic?)
    -I'd love to see a similar option as the dating website, but where online gamers can begin penpalling and fall in love online as well. Same scenario as mentioned above, but with the mutual love of video games and general geekiness thrown in.
    -Really, just having the ability to form potential romantic relationships with online penpals sounds like a great idea. Penpals are already in the game and even though they technically live in Sims 3 locations, they could totally be townies that Sims have a chance of meeting in real life without knowing their pen name (think “You’ve Got Mail”.)

-Using dogs to initiate romantic scenarios and meet cutes would be an awesome expansion to Cats and Dogs. Have the dog out on a walk on a leash and have them run up to another Sim (stranger or friend) and initiate "meet cute." Or initiate total failure if the target Sim is scared of dogs.
    -This could work as a great "ice breaker" to meet more Sims, or get to know acquaintances, and the player's Sim could then decide if they wanted to keep an eye out for said targeted Sim.
    -I imagine it’d work best for friendly dogs who have no problem with strangers.
    -Once friendship between the Sims is high enough, the dog could then do more interactions to bring them together, like wrap the leash around them, or push them into a pool, etc. Dog-related RomCom tropes galore here.
    -Could even add a scenario where the adventurous or independent dogs go out and bring someone back either forcefully (dragging them) or have the Sim be concerned that the dog was lost. Initiate meet cute.

-A fun meta-narrative to add to the game via a Romance pack would be high school romance comics (talking shojo manga, here) that teens could read and get flirty moodlets from. What would be great is if the comics gave the teens specific mannerisms to use in interactions as a way of looking "cuter" to other Sims that can either succeed or fail (probably fail). Things like bringing their fists up to their faces while talking and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 their head with wide eyes, etc. Doing "comic poses" and in general trying to mimic the high school comic characters because their perception of reality has shifted. (Disclaimer: this is not a slam against readers of shojo manga--I acted like this from middle school through college and speak from personal experience here. I think having something like shojo manga or anime in the Sims 4 and letting it influence teens' actions would be hilarious and feed into the geek trait swimmingly.)
    -I can see such an addition actually being added to another type of pack like University or something so they could cover a wider breadth of moodlets via comics. But the flirty comics would absolutely work well with this pack if they decided to add them and would be a great precursor item to test out before releasing a full spectrum of moodlet comics.

-Fertility clinics could be a thing. I’m thinking a combo of a health clinic and a spa, specializing in boosting romance and fertility.
    -Could even have juices to drink that either temporarily boost fertility (like the messages) or help with gender (strawberry juice, carrot juice, perhaps cherry juice for twins and grape juice for triplets).
    -Not sure if it’d fall under E rating, but having it act as a donor site for single Sims who wanna get pregnant but not adopt could also be a function. Choose a donor from a list of pictures just like when adopting a child or pet, and get into a machine similar to the birthing monster in hospitals.
    -Could also include new woohoo spots in the clinic (tastefully covered) meant to help couples have outstanding woohoo as well as conceive. For some reason my brain keeps going to “anti-gravity” chambers and couples’ swimming pools, along with special “fertility beds” that vibrate or something. Again, not sure if that fits the E rating, but it’s an idea.

-We need an “Express Appreciation” interaction between Sims. Not “Express Admiration” or “Express Fondness.” I mean having a Sim tell another how much they appreciate what that Sim does and who they are.
    -The player’s Sim could gently grasp the target Sims’ hands and squeeze them while saying it.
    -This could leave the target Sim with boosted romance or even just a lot of happiness. (Real talk for a second y’all: when was the last time you told a loved one that you appreciate them? Think of someone you care about and something you appreciate that they do or that they stand for or just who they are as a person. Have you told them that lately? Try it. It can make their day like nothing else.)

These are my current ideas for a Romance Game or Expansion Pack. Sorry it’s so long and sorry it took so many posts. I’ll be posting about other pack ideas in other threads later, but this one was my most developed.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Fingers crossed we'll see a romance pack in 2019.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes here's hoping
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Omg, I hope so too!
    It could be the beach pack, with hotels and swimming in the sea. Maybe "Honeymoon" or something? And with good chemistry system, like in TS2 (turns on and turns off). I dream about good, loving couples in TS4!
    Sorry for my English. :)
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    when I think of romance I think of Venice lol
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Aericia wrote: »
    Omg, I hope so too!
    It could be the beach pack, with hotels and swimming in the sea. Maybe "Honeymoon" or something? And with good chemistry system, like in TS2 (turns on and turns off). I dream about good, loving couples in TS4!
    Sorry for my English. :)

Like Sims Freeplay has.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Either a Home World or a Destination World. I'd prefer the latter with romantic bed and breakfast inns with heart beds/fireplaces/tubs and lip sofas. Lip Sofas could also be placed down in parks in a home world with maybe red flower petals on the ground. Also multiple red roses in vases would be great for tables as well as decorative champagyne glasses.

Oviously I'd want a Hottub for 2 preferelly a heartshaped hottub covered with roses and maybe some small glass candles and heart shaped photobooths for taking romantic pictures together in.

I want more vacation worlds! I want my sims to go on vacations. I wish there were multiple worlds dedicated to honeymoons and family vacations. Selvadorada isn't very family or honeymoon friendly and Granite Falls isn't a place for a honey moon, no one goes camping for their honey moon unless they are both outdoorsy people.

I'd love to get a French inspired world with fancy hotels, french chateaux, champagne bottles sims can interact with and drink from, king size beds, new and revamped romantic interactions etc. a tropical beach world for sims to get sun tans, make sand castles, swim with dolphins in the ocean and dive underwater, and maybe an oriental world like the Takemizu Village with tea sets, zen gardens etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited December 2018
    A romantic getaway or honeymoon location alongside the romantic interaction content in a romantic pack would a great addition! :smiley::heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • xoSnowyOwlxoxoSnowyOwlxo Posts: 29 Member
    I'm a total sucker for romance in the Sims so these ideas sound great to me!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    R&B station might be on it’s way
  • IZZZZYSIMSIZZZZYSIMS Posts: 4 New Member
    Imagine they did 'The Sims 4 Be My Valentine' or 'The Sims 4 Lovey-Dovey'
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    A romantic world based on Niagra Falls, Canada; Paris, France and Venuce, Austria.
    With romantic sleepwear, new romance interactions, hairstyles & objects and bring back the heartshape bed.