Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry - Washers and dryers constantly needing repair

Does anyone else find the machines continually break down? I get maybe one or two washes then I have to have them repaired. I also find it very frustrating that you have to tell you sim to turn the laundry on. I would think that that should be the same command as do laundry, put laundry in dryer - like really you put laundry in the machine but don't turn it on!!! The other issue is often the dryer just doesn't work and you have to take laundry out and rewash. This is a PIA
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the machines continually break down? I get maybe one or two washes then I have to have them repaired. I also find it very frustrating that you have to tell you sim to turn the laundry on. I would think that that should be the same command as do laundry, put laundry in dryer - like really you put laundry in the machine but don't turn it on!!! The other issue is often the dryer just doesn't work and you have to take laundry out and rewash. This is a PIA

Yes, to all the above - it seems to be worse since the last patch. (Actually, I can almost count on having to repair either the washer or the dryer on every wash cycle.) And after one breaks, by the time you get the laundry dry, it comes out 'Used' and has to be washed again. I know that updgrading would help, but my Sims haven't enough skill, and in any case, it seems a bit ridiculous that unimproved washers and dryers would break that often.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Yes yes yes. Thank god it's not just me.
    Completing one hamper of washing can take up to 15 interactions sometimes!
    • Sims can't collect clothing piles (dirty dishes problem)
    • You can only do one hamper at a time
    • You can't queue up Wash Laundry until it's in there so can't queue anything else
    • The washing machine regularly breaks down every 3 or so uses
    • You need to clean the lint tray to stop a 50 50 chance of fire
    • You queue again until washing is in the dryer
    • The dryer often breaks down every 1 or 2 uses
    • Dryer break down often means you have to wash and dry it all again which don't find out until it's finished.
    Heaven forbid you should leave the lot while doing it too. It's a shame. The CAS, build stuff and handwashing/drying ideas are lovely and I see what the creators have tried to do i.e. not just make it wash and dry and that's it. Sadly, it's almost tried to be too clever and it hasnt worked. I hope some of these are merely glitches rather than actual design as Laundry Day often ends being an actual day! And a frustrating one too.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think there's an upgrade option that will make the machines break down less -- since my Sim upgraded the laundry machines I rarely get a breakdown. (Patchy the Strawman also pitches in and does laundry.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jasasimsjasasims Posts: 83 Member
    When I upgrade mine,they become unusable. I have to sell them and buy new. :(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Never had that happen so can't help you there @jasasims -- mod issue?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Doing laundry in the Sims is just annoying. I wish they could put the laundry in and turn the washer/dryer on at the same time. I can't tell you how many times that the clean clothes sat in the dryer & then needed to be rewashed because I forgot to have my Sim turn on the dryer. & then I always have to check the laundry before I have my Sim put it away....since there's like tons of combinations. I didn't have my Sim check & they were wearing clothes that were still soaked lol
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited August 2018
    It's the main motivation for my sims to skill up in Handiness. They need to get to level 8 or 9 though to upgrade the washer/dryer to Unbreakable. But now I have put the upgraded washer/dryer in a retail store, and I *think* other sims can buy it and it will retain the upgrades. I think - but still needs to be tested.
  • jasasimsjasasims Posts: 83 Member
    Never had that happen so can't help you there @jasasims -- mod issue?
    Im not for sure. I do have some mods. I just upgraded a washer in a save and so far no problem. We shall see.

• KingToakerKingToaker Posts: 19 Member
    My washer and dryer are fully upgraded and they STILL break down pretty often more than occasionally.
    dalopuad36d.png
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Doing laundry in the Sims is just annoying. I wish they could put the laundry in and turn the washer/dryer on at the same time. I can't tell you how many times that the clean clothes sat in the dryer & then needed to be rewashed because I forgot to have my Sim turn on the dryer. & then I always have to check the laundry before I have my Sim put it away....since there's like tons of combinations. I didn't have my Sim check & they were wearing clothes that were still soaked lol

I wish they automatically turned it on too. I mean so what if they didn't check all the hampers before starting it, they can just do another load.

I've noticed them breaking down more often after the patch before last. I've also noticed fire by lint tray happens more often now.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I have never had issues with patches until now. My game has crashed several times and yes-my laundry is acting funky.
  • Rachie_rabbitRachie_rabbit Posts: 26 Member
    has this issue been fixed? I honestly just find it easier not to have one but it adds so much character to the game!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member

I agree with what you said.

I also don't like the timming issue. That the sim leaves so quickly after putting the clothes in the machines. They can be gone to another room, a different level or start another task before the command drops down in the que.They have to go back to the machines to wash or dry the clothes.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, also happening in my game. But in what regards to switch it on my sims do it autonomously.
    I think the best part of laundry stuff pack is doing the laundry the old, ecological way.
  • ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    THIS.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Yes, it is happening in my game as well even when the machines are fully upgraded. I agree with @telmarina love how the sims can do laundry the old way.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I don't mind the step by step directions for getting laundry done as much as the constant repairing. I finally just replaced the dryer in one house and the next time my sim used it it broke. They no longer have a washer and dryer, which is sad because I really liked my sims being able to do laundry. So it sounds like this is a bug and not by design but a year is a long time to go without a fix.
  • RebkaRebka Posts: 24 Member
    Breaking machines is still an issue for me.
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member

i regret buying this stuff pack, it was fun to use at first but it gets annoying after awhile and i deactivated it
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

i regret buying this stuff pack, it was fun to use at first but it gets annoying after awhile and i deactivated it

All you had to do was delete the laundry items from the lot.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Rebka upgraded machines break less or don't break. And if you upgrade them you can add fruit or flowers to them.
    Put a smoke detector near the dryer or it will burn your house down. Also, make sure you have sprinklers in your house.

I love the laundry pack, it is my favorite stuff pack

I really think there is a programmer that is an arsonist at EA. in both SimCity and TS4 fires just happen too much. They finally patched the firepit from Outdoor Adventure, but now it doesn't stay lit.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I don't mind the step by step directions for getting laundry done as much as the constant repairing. I finally just replaced the dryer in one house and the next time my sim used it it broke. They no longer have a washer and dryer, which is sad because I really liked my sims being able to do laundry. So it sounds like this is a bug and not by design but a year is a long time to go without a fix.

@suzanna13 if you have Seasons get patchy and befriend him. Not only does he do laundry he will also repair broken washers and dryers. Also, you can cheat your sims skills up to handiness 10. break everything in the house to get parts from them and upgrade the washer and dryer to the highest level. Lastly, put the lot trait gnomes on your lot. They will magically fix broken things overnight.

If you have Get Together, create a club and name them Cleaners. Have them clean and repair objects, no swiping or breaking things. And when the house is dirty and stuff is broken start a club meeting.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱