Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a reason everything keeps breaking?

Hi

I am wondering if there is a reason almost all my household objects keep breaking. The toilet, the shower/bath, the sinks, the computer, stereo and even the fridge.

Is this a glitch or something? I don't think it relates to any of their traits.

Comments

• Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    Everything does seem to break really often; however, you can have a handiness sim upgrade the objects so they're more durable. I probably have objects break less than 15% as much as they did before I upgraded them, though there are still just those mornings where every plumbing object in the house seems to revolt at the same time. XD
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Mine started breaking once i started repairing them. lol
  • Options
    srHz86srHz86 Posts: 54 Member
    I've noticed that too! My sink/toilet/shower/stereo break constantly... it's a little excessive! None of my sims are handy, though. I should probably get on that :#
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    Oh, thank you. I was a little concerned and thought it may have been a glitch.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I am SO glad I'm not the only one lol. My legacy family have had to repair or replace practically everything that was breakable
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Everything breaks so much I almost expect a new appliance to be broken after I buy it. :)
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    If you buy better stuff, the reliability is better. Less fixing.
  • Options
    simsaholic77simsaholic77 Posts: 307 Member
    Same here
  • Options
    dagger68dagger68 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm currently playing a two bathroom house. At one point during my game both toilets, both sinks (in the bathroom), the tub in one, the shower in the other, AND the kitchen sink were broken and spewing water everywhere. So that whole phrase "...and the kitchen sink," was quite literal. I upgraded them and they still break fairly often.
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    srHz86 wrote: »
    I've noticed that too! My sink/toilet/shower/stereo break constantly... it's a little excessive! None of my sims are handy, though. I should probably get on that :#

Same with me @srHz86 I happens like once a day, might get myself to upgrade his handiness so I can fix stuff and have stuff break less. Maybe they should patch it so things break less. It does take away from doing other stuff with things breaking all the time.

• Options
    AuntNikkicoleAuntNikkicole Posts: 5 New Member
    This is absolutely ridiculous!!! These posts are from 2014 and STILL this problem is happening!! Everything, the toilet, sinks, refrigerator, etc... I've upgraded them all. I noticed unlike TS3 there is no upgrade to unbreakable option. And twice so far my sim was set on fire because of the fireplace. Their happiness skill is 10. Just so everyone knows, you can max your Sims handiness skills and everything will still break. It's pointless.
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Careful, the mods might get lock-happy and lock the thread for necroposting. It’s true though. This issue still hasn’t been fixed and I see no point making a new thread and clogging up archives when this issue hasn’t been resolved at all y’know? It needs more light. My sims have the most expensive shower and it’s still constantly breaking and having the broken shower sound effect playing despite being repaired. It’s a joke.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    y'all took the 5 year anniversary for sims 4 a little too seriously by reviving this 5 years later. wow.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    seems like a bug to me. when 1 object is broken the others usually follow once you use them after the first object broke.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this thread is quite old and all bug reporting/technical issues have moved to The Sims 4 AHQ I'm going to close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top