Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Method?

So what do you prefer? Hands or Wand gestures or maybe use both?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Your Method? 159 votes

Wand ala Harry Potter
7%
Derellasunhair2008alexspoom13SimQueenie9alex_alex09papertonguewormstache999SAEldarinerimurpheyGordyHoneyPieSugerPlumCaptainElsa 12 votes
Hand ala Charmed
24%
OneAdorkableGirlKamioKita5399Madstarletdreamergrl84overonDglbr1969AnmirlaSarlyssiasekojranaDeathCoil13wrenstalespajamajam07BabykittyjadeZeldaboy180JohnVanGouldsara4681annaliese39anosesSims4MagicalTales 39 votes
Try Both
53%
Akl500Phoneypooh1267GoldmoldaricmnfrshJeanIcewolfIceyJCabelle1863HowGreatThouArtVkittyMjstsmPPlayerSinger2010EvilWitch83Isb917simm621StrangerthanelanorbretonMariefoxprice83simgirl1010Magdaleena 85 votes
Rotate between them
14%
love7680xosummerloverxoSimburianAuroraBoreallisstilljustme2AngelluluAmj1995JerrellotaydevCAITLINX354mrkingvSakuske1MaggieMarleyMasonGamerBusufuRodaLairaThemrsg4422InuMiroLoverLady_Ballora 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Try Both
    I'm more used to the wand version, so with my HP characters I'll probably just stick with that, but both look like fun!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Try Both
    The less powerful Spellcasters will use wands to "help" with their power, while the more powerful ones will be able to just shoot magic out of their fingertips.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Try Both
    The less powerful Spellcasters will use wands to "help" with their power, while the more powerful ones will be able to just shoot magic out of their fingertips.

Technically speaking this is only for roleplay the wand or hand choice is themathic. It'll probably be an action you can do via clicking on your sim
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    Rotate between them
    It's hard to choose because on the one hand, I'm a huge HP nerd and wands are so cool but on the other hand, watching reruns of Sabrina the Teenage Witch growing up has me wanting to do wandless magic too. I guess I'll rotate or change depending on which Sim I'm playing.
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Try Both
    I know Charmed isn't only series to use hand magic but was first thing to come to mind.
  • Options
    DeathCoil13DeathCoil13 Posts: 36 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    I will more than likely have my main sim use just her hands, but I'm sure I'll try out the wands with other witches in her family tree.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    Hands for now, wands won't suit my current story, but will surely have a save for them later down the track
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Try Both
    Mortimer will use a wand, Bella and Cassandra will use hands. Keala and Lia will use hands. Ulrike... haven't even decided her path, let alone method!

For the non-premades, my large collection of HP Sims will be using wands (naturally!). My main and my plant witch will use hands, and my teen witch will start with a wand then move to hand.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Try Both
    I want to try both; but technically not all my sims are meant to be witches but have different abilities, so they would use their hands while others will use their wands.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It all depends on my sims. I feel that some will use wands and others just their hands. Such as, Vlad won’t turn into a bat to get where he needs to go. He’s beyond that. I prefer him to turn into mist. Caleb runs fast or turns into a bat.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Try Both
    I want to try both, but I will make my sim mostly use her hand. Wand is a bit too cliche for me.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    I said hands because it is what I prefer feels more primal and connected. But I’ll use both based on the sim. Just means (in my game) they aren’t as connected or need tools ...the magic isn’t as accessible without it.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Rotate between them
    depends on the spellcaster. I feel like the more chaotic magic is best done by hands and the more practical/dueling magic is done by wands
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Rotate between them
    Mostly Hand Magic by Once Upon a Time, I'd prefer to do magic more by hand. When I wrote my story I always envisioned my Characters doing magic by hand or subtle eye Glow to cast a spell.
    Basically all the styles of Regina/The Evil Queen, Rumplestiltskin, Cora and Zelena and how they handle Magic.
    I really hope conjuring a fire ball is animated the similar to how they do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrgWXVTGFu8

My characters do own wands, but I believe wands are tools at best, and should only be used for emergencies and Grand Spell casting. Powerful spells that would take 100% of your sim's energy to cast, that if they were to cast it by hand it they would pass out from exhaustion or it could kill them. Spells Like Weather spells, Summoning a heavy Thunder Storm, meteors. Moving the Heavens, Blocking out the sun. Creating Portals to other lands, Time Travel. Cases like those would be times I would use a wand. Or events like, Anarchy has taken over, and people are openly hunting Supernaturals and My Sorcerer and Werewolf have to fend for themselves, The Purge is happening, then we break out the wands.

So since none of that is possible I won't be using wands as much.
    I'll probably just collect and Put the wands on display somewhere but not use them unless Wands have different power boosts.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    I've never watched Charmed... but I'm not really into wand wielding witches or even wizards in other stories, movies, tv shows, history or books so I doubt I'll use them beyond just seeing what it looks like.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Staff. Always staff.

gandalf-shire-01.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Try Both
    I think I will try a wand first, but I will definitely use both. Too bad we can't have a staff. I really liked that about the wizards in sims medieval. But I am happy that we choose between 2 options in sims 4.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Both but only because it'd be dumb not to use the variety on offer, I vastly prefer hands. Wands are only gonna be for sims I think would require a magical 'crutch' (I know that isn't how they work mechanically though) or who prefer magic to be a more formulaic, structured, rigid experience.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Try Both
    Both, of course. It will depend on the sim.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    Devastated we can't have a staff :( Gandalf is one of my favs too
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    I will probably try both and it will depend on the sim, but I think I prefer wandless magic. It's what I'm more familiar with and just feels right to me. I do wish we had staffs too though.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    I will definitely be downloading custom content if someone comes up with a staff. I can't get with the wand.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Try Both
    Regina used her hands & Zelena mostly used a wand. Also, the Blue Fairy used a wand.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Try Both
    I would have said wand, but since I just re-watched stranger things I think hand looks pretty cool too.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Try Both
    I'll honestly want to know how both of them look and work and what fits better with my Sims. I'm guessing they'll all end up with different ways, in the end.