Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #126 - The Collection
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: The Temple Exhibit
    GALLERY COST: $10,395.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/piV8Rr4
    ENTRY DETAILS: This temple exhibit is located in The Relex Museum and features so many wonderful treasures such as wooden relics and golden relics as well as the stone lotus collection
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ZfcOYlR.png
    Oxj4BIS.png
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    @aljay @wendyology love your rooms! It feels just like a temple.

@wendyology I love your museum. It definitely fits right in with Oasis Springs. I'm gonna have to find it in the gallery

@Taoron Your museum is wonderful! It reminds me of one in colonial Williamsburg that I've visited a few times.

@undressyourbones Simply Stunning! I would have gone over budget too.

@alisim19 Gorgeous! You did some wonderful things with the lighting and the floors. Gonna check it out in game.

@aljay gorgeous museum! It reminds me of the frat houses where I went to college.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited September 2019

@Taoron Your museum is wonderful! It reminds me of one in colonial Williamsburg that I've visited a few times.

Then I did it right. ;) I was just there a few weeks ago, and spent the entire 3rd day in the Museum, so it was stuck in my head. Thank you.

Thank you @lzbthnndgls :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    So many wonderful exhibits. So many wonderful builds. I'm learning a lot just looking at everyone else's builds. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this? :P
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Deadgrass Discoveries
    NEW LOT LINK: The Benedict Museum
    LOT COST: 2,500
    GALLERY COST: 153,978
    TOTAL COST: 156478
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/wbaOdrt
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Benedict Museum was modeled after an American colonial style house. It may be on the small side, but is packed with interesting artifacts. It has room for a food court and small gift shop.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Some use of MOO for object placement.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Jmd4TnJ.png
    7xuzjZ5.png
    image.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    wendyology wrote: »
    @AliSim19 Such a pretty building. I feel you on the budget, there are so many ideas I couldn't get to and keep it under 200k.

My museum courtyard was inspired by the NYC public library (think the lions from the original Ghostbusters.) There's a wonderful outdoor area where you can just relax and watch people. In particular someone doing a photo shoot on the steps featuring a guy in a gorilla suit holding a red balloon.

@wendyology that photo is awesome, I love randomness :D shame you couldn't add a balloon holding gorilla into your sims build haha!
    @lzbthnndgls thank you so much :)

@AlJay What an elegant museum, and the grounds are so beautifully done....truly amazing work! Love your clever use of all the live edit items, hard to choose but think the tropical gardens are my favourite <3

@SimTresa Small but perfectly formed, what a lovely building! The education room was a great idea too, got me thinking where I could have added one in :)
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @lzbthnndgls thank you so much :)

@AlJay What an elegant museum, and the grounds are so beautifully done....truly amazing work! Love your clever use of all the live edit items, hard to choose but think the tropical gardens are my favourite <3

@SimTresa Small but perfectly formed, what a lovely building! The education room was a great idea too, got me thinking where I could have added one in :)

Thanks! I really wanted a n 'contractor's section, so the education room was born.
    image.png
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Anyone else close to the 200,000 maximum with their collections alone? Each of the Omiscan treasures are between 6,000 and 8,000 and there's 13 of them - that's around half the budget. The full plant collection has an over 72,000 price tag, and that's with spliced plants. Probably should have checked those price tags before spending so much time on gardening and archeology.

Ah well. I think I'm out of the build challenge, but I may still be up for the room challenge.

Yeah, I was only half way done when I realized I was 300k already. A challenge indeed!
    Thanks @AliSim19 :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Stunning museums! I’m sad I didn’t get time to build one.
    Stunning museums! I’m sad I didn’t get time to build one.

I am too, as you'd wanted a community build. Maybe you still could do it for fun?
    image.png
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Occipitallobe
    ORIGIN ID: Chapscher
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: The Omiscan Collection
    GALLERY COST: 154,855
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Take the tour!
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS126 The full array of Omiscan treasures and artifacts as seen in the Benedict World Wonders Museum. To think - once upon a time Benedict had rescued these stolen relics from a museum and returned them to the Selvadoradan people. However, after a horrific storm left the Omiscan Heritage Gallery with significant water damage, Benedict offered to house the artifact and treasure exhibits.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: ChapscherMKE
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher

aAaP3MR.png
    Z54Srhn.png
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    by the way, here's the full Benedict World Wonders Museum

H6alG3A.png
    oaEwckZ.png

@OccipitalLobe Oh my what a great room 😁😁 Totally loved your slide show too, it must have taken so long for all that detail.....the chief choreographing the Rumbasim made me giggle 😂
    Your museum looks beautiful, I’ll have to go check it out in game so I can see more!
    edited September 2019
    Build Official Entry Form

NEWCREST METROPOLITAN

FORUM ID: Archer_Girl
    ORIGIN ID: saturnspoon
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2B74647ACE7E11E98C61FEC1E351F12F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $8,500
    GALLERY COST: $190,369
    TOTAL COST: $198,869
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/aUi49ob
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Metropolitan museum is the premier venue in Newcrest to experience all the wonders of nature and science along with great works of art and a rooftop observatory. Current exhibits include Secrets of the Jungle, Space Exploration, Day of the Dead and Amphibians Among Us.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No

8qtG1L9.jpg
    Post edited by Archer_Girl on
    edited September 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: Alexander Benedict, cc ticked
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Oj24fZf
    ENTRY DETAILS: Alexander Benedict had a passion for exploration and collecting things right from being a small boy. He shot to global fame when, at just 22, he was the first to discover the Treasure in the Lost temple of Selvadorada – the media frenzy grabbed the attention of the world and Alex was suddenly the poster boy who made collecting exciting and sexy again. 13 years later he’s explored around the world and collected enough to open his own museum, and has recently bought a second home in Sulani.
    I’ve not done a Sim entry before but I took that many photographs of Alex for my build that I thought I might as well try and use them!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC is used but I have no idea who to give credit to, sorry! My daughter is the download queen and I have no clue how to find out who created the cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    frmeTGo.png
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Archer_Girl Welcome to the challenge! Please check the links in your entry. The gallery link works, but your picture and slideshow links don't, and all judging is done strictly from your slideshow. It's a beautiful entry, and I'd hate to see you miss out because of a broken link! (The proper link to your slideshow album is shown in the address bar at the top of the screen).
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thanks @SimTresa for your kind reply. I think I’ll go shopping in the gallery under #Bns126 for some museums to add to my game. 😉
    Thanks @SimTresa for your kind reply. I think I’ll go shopping in the gallery under #Bns126 for some museums to add to my game. 😉

You're welcome. ANd that sounds like fun. ;)
    image.png
    Allears wrote: »
    @Archer_Girl Welcome to the challenge! Please check the links in your entry. The gallery link works, but your picture and slideshow links don't, and all judging is done strictly from your slideshow. It's a beautiful entry, and I'd hate to see you miss out because of a broken link! (The proper link to your slideshow album is shown in the address bar at the top of the screen).

Thank you for letting me know. I believe it is now fixed.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Archer-Girl Yep, it's working now! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #126 - The Collection.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7EF07825CF8711E9894F3A1BE21D5EF6?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 12000.
    LOT NAME: Hound's had, Brindleton Bay.
    GALLERY COST: 182449 .
    TOTAL COST: 194449.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qb15bwn
    ENTRY DETAILS: Here a newly constructed museum for Mr. Alexander Benadict. On a beautiful and big lot in Brindleton Bay. Located by the ocean, next to a beach.
    Build on a little hill. The museum houses several collections, has a foodcourt, a private office for Mr. Benedict, several bathrooms and a big save in the basement to store more collections.
    STRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Z48oqHI.png
    vHfMPZW.png

@Devilariah Wow!! You just made my jaw drop with that first shot, that’s an awesome build and great picture....almost looks like a painting! And then the inside was just as impressive, love it all....really really well done 💖😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top