Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Free Will Experience (Inspired by other Free Will Challenges)

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @ADWilson I really enjoyed reading through your play through again! It was a lot of fun!
    Congrats to Brooks for winning
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Skeilah Yeah, I got a little too close to those four with my first try at this challenge, especially Whitney. Hence the reason some of my comments were a bit over-the-top with the emotions and the fade to black screenshots when it ended. I can't even look at those screenshots now without getting choked up. lol I'm too much of a softie I guess. *shrugs*

I can see how they could be funny though to others, they're just pixels afterall. lol And I don't know what possessed me to add those tears to Ziggy, that just makes it worse! o.O Oh well...

Sorry my play-through made you scared of the pool and fireplace. The only thing that bothered me about the grill was how they'd put what they cooked in their inventory. I was going to ban a grill from 2.0, but then found out we could drag the grilled food out and place it on a table so I changed my mind. I did forego the pool though. I won't ever have a pool in a house with full autonomy Sims again.

I'll look forward to reading your next go round with this challenge and I agree it would be fun to use the same group again. Hopefully Ellen will live longer (maybe even win!) this time. Funny she got angry with you about it. lol Opps!

I want to hug Oreo too! Maybe I'll put my Simself in this save after the challenge is over and have her visit so she can. hehe That screenshot is one of my favorites too, so sweet. Don't worry about Terrance, he'll be fine. Most Sims just magically get over being sick after awhile, especially if they sleep while sick, they wake up well again.

Thanks for reading @BreeMiles Yep, those two seem to be neck and neck so far, but things can change from Day to Day, so we'll see if they can hold on. ;)

Speaking of that, I apologize for the delay with Day 5. It's a holiday weekend here in the U.S. and I've been spending lots of time with Hubby who has off work through Monday. I tried to upload this morning, but my internet went down again. *sigh* So frustrating! Everything is ready to go, just need to get those screenshots uploaded, hopefully soon! I plan to try again later tonight.

Have a great rest of your weekend! <3
    Here's Day 5, finally!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I'll look forward to reading your next go round with this challenge and I agree it would be fun to use the same group again. Hopefully Ellen will live longer (maybe even win!) this time. Funny she got angry with you about it. lol Opps!

It will take a while before I will post my next free will experience-stories, but I'm actually on it again. And yes, with the same people! Only Branwen now has an other haircut so I changed her hair, hehe. If Ellen is going to use a barbecue, I'm going to walk away and come back when it's done or something. But I'm still keeping the barbecue.

I want to hug Oreo too! Maybe I'll put my Simself in this save after the challenge is over and have her visit so she can.

Yessss, do that please! Hahahah and put me with it! <3

Don't worry about Terrance, he'll be fine. Most Sims just magically get over being sick after awhile, especially if they sleep while sick, they wake up well again.

Hehe, and he really did!

koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Karababy52 Interesting to see Margaret and Terrance slip out of the top two spots. At this point, it could be any Sim;s game. Poor Jacobo ... why could he not stay on the bed and take a nap or something? They need to wise up and not eat or drink anything that Janette makes, lol

Thanks for another enjoyable read. Looking forward to seeing/reading Day 6.
    Skeilah wrote: »
    It will take a while before I will post my next free will experience-stories, but I'm actually on it again. And yes, with the same people! Only Branwen now has an other haircut so I changed her hair, hehe. If Ellen is going to use a barbecue, I'm going to walk away and come back when it's done or something. But I'm still keeping the barbecue.

Oh cool, glad to hear you've started up again with the same people. Good luck with the grill, hope everything works out for you (and Ellen) this time!

LOL I'll let you know if I do put my Simself in to hug Oreo. If I do, I'm going to have her visit the original group and hug Ziggy too! <3

Terrance is still sick though, just not showing on is skin and now Madelyn and Shanna are sick too. Sheesh! Hopefully it just wears off and goes away completely for all of them. It really doesn't seem to affect them all that much other than the moodlet. *shrugs*

@ADWilson Yeah, those two didn't have a very good day. I'm sure they'll catch up soon though. I know, right? Why wouldn't he just stay in bed? It's so silly how they'll get up from sleeping to pass out. lol Agreed about Janette's drinks. I don't know what she puts in those, but it can't be very good if she doesn't drink them herself. o.O

You're welcome! Hoping my internet and Imgur don't act up again, if all goes well I should hopefully have Day 6 ready to post later tonight or early Tues. morning. :)
    Brooks won the round so House 01 is done.
    Let's start House 02 and more Free Will fun!
    ~*~*~*~*~
    ~*~*~*~*~

Poor Lorna! She fed the cat and then fell face first into the cat food dish.
    If you look closely at the picture you might notice something odd.
    13-8.jpg
    @ADWilson Oh, another round, Yay! :)
    And it's four elders, how cool is that? I wondered if I'd be the only one to play elders in this challenge. I absolutely LOVE Sammy! I grew up with Siamese cats that looked just like him. So cute how he likes be up above on things, surveilling his domain. :) Another thing I noticed about that pic besides the Energy in the green is she's supposedly watching TV. LOL

Oh my gosh, that is so cool about Brooks! I had forgot all about this, but actually the same thing happened in my second/current group. The WW was everyone from the first group, except Whitney because they live next door. hehe

Lots of napping going on, but they are elders so... Anyway, looking forward to Day 2! :)
    Your comments were fun to read @Karababy52 :)
    I came up with the idea of elders while playing the 1st round (plus ideas for future rounds since I want to play each season). I'm playing with aging off because I don't want death by natural causes to end the game too soon. How funny! I just realized day 1 was played on August 3rd so if I had held off on sharing until today, I could have been a month out. LOL

Sammy is adorable! I'm not a fan of his getting on stuff but the Sims don't seem to mind his bad habits. Siamese cats look cute but I've never owned one because I heard they are rather loud & that's not something I (or my husband ... especially NOT my my husband!) would enjoy.

I guess the show must have been boring. Heeheheehe

How neat that you placed them next door to one another. I chose different towns for variety in the landscape and weather. It will be interesting to see if they see anybody else from House 01.

Yes! Lots of naps. Hoping they'll do a bit more as the days proceed.
    @ADWilson Thanks, glad you enjoyed them. I, uh, made a mistake though... o.O
    It was actually my new Legacy household that got the WW from the first group of contestants. Opps! I got them mixed up. That's what I get for playing two saves at the same time. lol The first group lived(s) in Windenburg and this second group in StrangerVille, so yeah both of mine are in different worlds too.

I'm also playing with aging off, in both rounds. Oh yeah, Siamese cats can be VERY loud, they prowl at night too and can sound like a baby crying. It's eerie, but we got used to it.

HAHA about the show being boring, yep! :p You're hilarious!

Here's Friday, Day 6! Today we find out who wins the Special outing (if anyone). ;)
    @Karababy52 Day 5, I'm glad Terrance is feeling better, sorry that Shanna, & Madelyn is sick now, must be a bug, and now Terrance is feeling worse again really must be a bug! Congrats Janette on the promotion! They are all doing really well, loved reading your story! <3

@Skeilah, can't wait to read your next round!

@ADWilson House 2 Day 1, The house is lovely, the cat on the counter by the fridge, is super cute! What a place to pass out at, right in the kitty bowl! Oh, how the Pancakes syrup it on :D, I agree Sammy really loves the counters! Isn't that great they get to meet the old players, very awesome!

@Karababy52 Day 6, He must have been setting the dish out for his group to eat! I loved seeing that action in Sims 2! Poor Shanna, I hope she gets to feeling better! Maybe she is making yelling potions for the rest of the group and had to try it first and see if it worked :D! Your bathroom is like mine somewhat a very busy place! Can't wait to read the next day, they are all doing so well!
    Day 6 was another fun one @Karababy52 :)
    At least fun from my standpoint, ha ha

I agree. The food in this game looks great! Glad Saul prepared a salad instead of staying hangry. I was getting nervous with his lack of doing/eating. Janette's facial expressions crack me up! Goodness ... those guys sure like to "accidentally" walk in on poor Margaret. So many broken things!! Good thing they already called the repair person.

Can't wait to see Day 7 and the outing if you do one.
    Your pictures and comments are terrific, as always.
    I'm glad Terrance is feeling better, sorry that Shanna, & Madelyn is sick now, must be a bug, and now Terrance is feeling worse again really must be a bug! Congrats Janette on the promotion! They are all doing really well, loved reading your story! <3

Day 6, He must have been setting the dish out for his group to eat! I loved seeing that action in Sims 2! Poor Shanna, I hope she gets to feeling better! Maybe she is making yelling potions for the rest of the group and had to try it first and see if it worked :D! Your bathroom is like mine somewhat a very busy place! Can't wait to read the next day, they are all doing so well!

Thanks @BreeMiles about Day 5! I hope they all get better soon. I know it really doesn't affect them that much, but I still don't like seeing them sick and dizzy. I had a feeling Janette would get a promotion that day, she's been watching Cooking shows and mixing drinks constantly. :)

As for Day 6, I wish it had been the 'serve meal' interaction when Saul did that, I loved that in TS2 as well. Yelling potions!! LOL I like the way you think, that's hilarious!
    Day 6 was another fun one. :) At least fun from my standpoint, ha ha I agree. The food in this game looks great! Glad Saul prepared a salad instead of staying hangry. I was getting nervous with his lack of doing/eating. Janette's facial expressions crack me up! Goodness ... those guys sure like to "accidentally" walk in on poor Margaret. So many broken things!! Good thing they already called the repair person. Can't wait to see Day 7 and the outing if you do one. Your pictures and comments are terrific, as always.

Thanks to you too @ADWilson! :) Janette cracks me up everyday with her facial expressions and Margaret too! Yeah, 'accidentally', that's a good way to put it. hehe Oh! About the penalty for calling repair on an off day, I wasn't supposed to dock all of them -3 for each call to repair that day was I? Because they actually had to call twice, once for the sink and once for the fridge. The dishwasher was a freebie since repair was already on the way. I only docked them once. Let me know if I need to adjust the scores. Thanks!

Day 7 should be a fun day, I'm looking forward to it. Not sure where I'll send them if I do, was thinking maybe the park in Willow Creek, and if I'll observe or just let them have fun on their own. We'll see... <3
    GAH! Oh my gosh!! I just now noticed my first group, Free Will Roomies, got a Maxis fav on the Gallery! Thank you so much for nominating them @BreeMiles <3
    edited September 2019
    @Karababy52 It's -3 for each repair call.
    Your Sims aren't the only ones to get double-dinged this round.

Congratulations on your Maxis Fave!!
    How cool is that?! B)
    ~*~*~*~*~
    ~*~*~*~*~

Lorna and Kash are dancing, yet he manages to gain the Fitness skill by sneaking in a stretch here & there.
    17-5.png
    Thanks so much to both of you @ADWilson @BreeMiles for the Congrats on the Maxis fav! Makes me smile just thinking about it. :)
    What a fun Day 2 for the House 02 elders! Looked like they were having a blast at their outing with Bob, especially Duane! I got a giggle out of the 'stink eye' the repairman seemed to be giving Tabitha. lol Congrats to her for the promotion! And I loved seeing Sammy sleeping on the counter. hehe Looking forward to reading Day 3!

Day 7 for FW2.0 is ready to go, just need to upload the pics which I'll be able to do in a couple hours. I'll be back soon after with a link. Have a great rest of your day! <3
    @ADWilson I really enjoyed reading your Day 2, your sims are doing are off to a very good start! I say that because no has caused a fire yet! <3
    @Karababy52 OH NO, that don't look like a good start to their outing :/! Oh the floating milk was super cool to see, at first I thought it was part of his phone :o! Terrance has really gotten that moping down pat :D! Poor Janette, and those other sims making fun of her illness :#! I think the repair lady is broken also :D! Very great reading through there adventures in Day 7!
    @BreeMiles Not a great start, no. But they still had some fun! :) When I first saw the floating milk I thought it was stuck to his hand or something. I guess there's a glitch or was a glitch where plates, toys, etc. can get stuck to Sims hands. It was especially bad when it happened to toddlers since they couldn't eat anything. I think that glitch was fixed though.

However, the floating plates and other objects glitch is ongoing. It's been happening for awhile now. This is the first time I've seen it happen in my game. Hope it doesn't happen again. It is funny to see, but I've read where it has made some Simmers save games get corrupted. o.O

I know I shouldn't laugh at Janette being sick and her housemates shouldn't either, but if she really is sabotaging drinks (I know she isn't, just a fun thing to imagine) it would be funny to see her get her just desserts. Even though there's no way they'd suspect what's going on, it was just a funny screenshot given the strategy I've been imagining with Janette. :p

That poor repair lady, she had to schlep to that house three times in one day! I should've waited until Monday so nobody would get penalized, but I could just imagine the chaos if they had to go through the weekend without a toilet. :# I guess it would've been kind of fun to find out eh? lol Oh well...

Day 8 might be delayed until Monday. Hubby and I are going out of town for the weekend to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and his 60th birthday. I'll try to get it up later tonight, but just a heads-up in case I don't. Happy Simming! <3
    Day 7 was fun to read @Karababy52 :)
    Their outing was a good one but I'm really happy that the small fire was put out before it could become a bigger issue.
    The floating milk was a surprise. Glad you were able to drag it to the trash!
    That's a LOT of repair calls!! Goodness.
    Poor Terrance, all those hugs with Oreo wasn't enough to put him in the top three. There's always another day, another chance.
    Thank you @ADWilson Yep, it was a very eventful day for all. I'm not too worried about Terrance, I'm sure he'll catch up eventually given how he loves to hug Oreo so much. :)

Had a great weekend away celebrating. We went to Northern lower Michigan and visited the tallest lighthouse (130 ft) still in commission and was able to climb up to the top! Despite driving 4 hours to get there and climbing 113 steps, it was well worth the trip, what a view! If it had been a clear day, we would've been able to see some Canadian islands 22 miles away! o.O

It was pouring down rain though so we didn't actually get to go outside on the catwalk at the top, but still had a fantastic view from the doorway as we tried to catch our breath. lol Went a few other places that were beautiful too, especially after the rain cleared and sunshine came out again, but that was the highlight. <3

Hubby actually took an extra day off today. I had planned to post Day 8 this morning, but enjoyed spending some more time with him instead. It's ready to go though and I'll be able to upload later tonight. Have a great rest of your day/evening and Happy Simming! :)
    Why is Saul crying? Did someone die? o.O

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top