Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Lepacy Challenge [Rules]

hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
Hi! I didn’t actually create this challenge, it was originally created for the Sims 3 by simpishly. The Sims 2 version was created by simerella. I decided to create my own Sims 2 version to match my gameplay style. I’m adding in more requirements for myself, so if you like gameplay that’s a little more directed, this challenge might be for you!

A lepacy is a legacy challenge where each generation is based on one of the expansion packs! This will help you explore different parts of gameplay in each expansion. This challenge will be 8-9 generations depending on if you play the base game and university generations together or separately. It could be less if you decide to skip over an expansion pack though. It’s your game, so it’s up to you!

You can pick any town you want to play in, or you can make a new one. I would recommend playing in a town you haven’t played in before, or the town you’ve played the least. You will be in this town for the entire challenge, but you will be moving between different subhoods, so choose wisely. You can add in additional challenges if you want, such as creating a matriarchy or a patriarchy. You can also add in other life states to your legacy if you want. You win the challenge once your final heir completes all of the requirements.

Starting Off

Generation One (Base Game and University)
-Start at the university of your choice, preferably the one you’ve played the least.
-Decide what you want your sim to study for their career. They have the following options: Business, Medical, Military, Criminal, Law Enforcement, Political, Science, Culinary, Athletics, Slacker, Natural Scientist, Paranormal, Show Business, or Artist.
-Become a secret society member.
-Be abducted by an alien.
-Throw a Graduation Party.
-Live in the main neighborhood after graduating.
-Reach the top level of your career.
-Throw a Wedding Party.
-Have all of your children attend private school.
-Throw a Golden Anniversary Party.

OR

Generation One (Base Game)
-You sim must live in the main neighborhood.
-Have the Family aspiration.
-Reach the highest level in any of these careers: Business, Medical, Military, Criminal, Law Enforcement, Political, Science, Culinary, Athletics, Slacker.
-Throw a Wedding Party.
-Throw a Golden Anniversary Party.

Generation Two (University)
-Start at the university of your choice, preferably the one you have played the least.
-Decide what your sims will study, leading to one of these careers: Natural Scientist, Paranormal, Show Business, or Artist.
-Have the Knowledge aspiration.
-Become a secret society member.
-Be abducted by an alien.
-Throw a Graduation party.
-Reach the top level of your career.

Generation Three (Nightlife)
-You must have the Pleasure aspiration.
-You must live in the Downtown subhood.
-Have one dream date.
-Dine and dash successfully.
-Throw a House party.
-Reach the top level of any career from the Base Game or University.
-Have a child out of wedlock.
-(Optional) Befriend a vampire or become a vampire.

Generation Four (Open For Business)
-You must live in Bluewater Village.
-You must have the Fortune aspiration.
-Own a family business of your choice in your home and reach the top level. You may own more than one, but only one has to reach the top level. (For an added challenge, you can make it necessary to reach the top level of all owned businesses.)
-Have one of the following talent badges: Sales, Register, Restocking, Cosmetology, Flower Arranging, Robotics, or Toy Making.
-(Optional) Create a servo for your household.

Generation Five (Pets)
-Have at least one dog, one cat, one womrat, and one bird.
-Teach at least one pet all commands.
-Have one pet reach the top of any career.
-Breed one of your pets.
-Reach the top level of any career from past generations. Alternatively, keep past generation’s business running successfully.
-(Optional) Befriend the leader of the pack or become a werewolf.

Generation Six (Seasons)
-Your sim must have a garden.
-Have a Gardening or Fishing talent badge.
-Reach the top level of one of these careers: Adventurer, Education, Gamer, Journalism, Law, Music, or own a successful business.
-Have your sim live through all seasons.
-(Optional) Befriend a plantsim or become a plantsim.

Generation Seven (Bon Voyage)
-Collect all 45 vacation mementos.
-Plan a honeymoon.
-Stay in each location at least once.
-Reach the top level of any career from previous generations, but you may not own a business.
-Invite a local to stay with you.
-All sims in your household that can travel should go on vacation with your sim.
-Own a vacation home in at least one vacation destination.

Generation Eight (Freetime)
-Have the Popularity aspiration.
-Reach the top level of any of these careers: Architecture, Dance, Entertainment, Intelligence, or Oceanography, or you may own a successful business.
-You sim must gain enthusiasm in one of the hobbies: Cuisine, Film and Literature, Games, Tinkering, Science, Arts and Crafts, Fitness, Nature, Sports, or Music and Dance.
-Discover a hobby lot and become a member of the hobby club.
-Have a Pottery or Sewing talent badge.

Generation Nine (Apartment Life)
-Your sim must live in apartment.
-Reach the top level of any career in the game, or own a successful business.
-Have a roommate at some point.
-Have a butler.
-Move to or build a mansion to represent your family with the riches you’ve made over the generations.
-Throw a Family Reunion.
-(Optional) Become a witch.

And that’s it! You can change whatever you want to meet your needs. I created this challenge nearly two years ago and I've had it set up to play, but only recently started. I was planning on doing this as an LP on my youtube channel, but instead I'm planning to post updates on my tumblr (link in the replies).

If you play test faster than me, please let me know if there’s something that cannot be completed. This version is a lot more in depth than the original for TS3 and the other version for TS2. If you plan to play with this version, link me to your version so I can check it out! Thanks for reading all of this!
Twitch: casuallywillow

Comments

• hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    Here's the link to my play through!
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • sigmensigmen Posts: 6 New Member
    This sounds interesting, might give it a try.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Thanks, Sounds fun and I'm looking for something to do in TS2 right now. :)
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    I'm so bookmarking this! I need a push to explore each of the XPs on their own and this is perfect <3 Plus the rules are ones even I can achieve :p Thanks!
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg