Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Babies

My apologies if it's been asked already, I can't find anything with my searches...

Can a vampire sim actually have a "human" baby with a non-vampire sim? I'm on baby 15 and they're ALL vampires. Everything I do read suggests that the chances are 50/50, but I have 15 babies with 14 baby daddies who aren't vampires so my findings so far are it's 100%. If it was truely 50/50 I should think I wouldn't have needed this many babies to prove it. Even if it was 60/40 or 70/30 I should not need this many babies. Has anyone actually ever birthed a regular sim to a vampire/non-vampire couple?
Origin ID: Peapod79

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Do you have the On the Dark Ley Line trait on your lot? That increases your chances of vampire babies.

And I’ve seen other simmers have human babies with vampires/humans. Storylegacysims on tumblr is doing a 100 Baby challenge with a vampire sim as the mana and seems to be getting a decent mix of off spring. Has even had mixed twins I believe.
    ~ ~ ~
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Do you have the On the Dark Ley Line trait on your lot? That increases your chances of vampire babies.

And I’ve seen other simmers have human babies with vampires/humans. Storylegacysims on tumblr is doing a 100 Baby challenge with a vampire sim as the mana and seems to be getting a decent mix of off spring. Has even had mixed twins I believe.

I don't have that lot trait, I made sure that I didn't because I didn't want to sway the results. Thanks for the response though, I'll keep trying to have a non-vampire, it's become a challenge now!

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    My vampire Sim (who is the result of on the dark ley line trait, she has a normal twin) gave birth to 3 children. The eldest is a vampire, the middle is a normal Sims and the youngest is a vampire.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    @xamira99 So it IS possible! I have hope! My sim is on her 15th pregnancy, I had zero hope or expectations by now, I thought it was all lost, but now it's renewed, so thank you!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, they can. One of my vampires has a human wife and toddler daughter. This was important since in their story world vampires are made not born. I know it can be frustrating though as often it seems you can never get what you want when two different life states have children. Thankfully there are ways to get around that with cheats, CAS and mods.
    Yes, they can. One of my vampires has a human wife and toddler daughter. This was important since in their story world vampires are made not born. I know it can be frustrating though as often it seems you can never get what you want when two different life states have children. Thankfully there are ways to get around that with cheats, CAS and mods.

I didn't want to resort to cheats, or mods, however I might eventually (cheat, I don't mod). At first I was just assuming that it might take a few but I was never dreaming she'd have THIS MANY babies! Haha. Then it became like a personal crusade to see how long it would take her. Then I began to doubt that it was even possible as the 14th vampire baby was born... It is nice to see that there are people out there having "human" babies with vampires and it's not just a myth.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah, it sounds like it's just your luck! Getting 15 vampire babies with human fathers... What are the odds.

I also wanna note that the Dark Ley Line trait can even cause completely human parents to have vampire children... it's a pretty strong lot trait. May not wanna use it if you want to have any chance of getting a human baby, hah.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    There should be only a 50% chance that the baby is a vampire. If you have MCCC, you should check the percentage chance that the offspring of a vampire will be a vampire. If you have it set to 100% then that’ll be why they’re all being born vampires. If you don’t have any mods then I guess you got (un)lucky.

And yep I’ve had plenty of non-vampires born from vampire/non-vampire couples.

In my 100 baby challenge Vlad is my ‘matriarch’ and obviously he is a vampire. I want his kids to be vampires so I have the ‘on a dark ley’ lot trait on his house. Even so, quite a few of his kids with non-vampires have turned out to be non-vampires so he had to turn them.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    My sim is on her 15th pregnancy

That poor sim.
    There should be only a 50% chance that the baby is a vampire. If you have MCCC, you should check the percentage chance that the offspring of a vampire will be a vampire. If you have it set to 100% then that’ll be why they’re all being born vampires. If you don’t have any mods then I guess you got (un)lucky.

And yep I’ve had plenty of non-vampires born from vampire/non-vampire couples.

In my 100 baby challenge Vlad is my ‘matriarch’ and obviously he is a vampire. I want his kids to be vampires so I have the ‘on a dark ley’ lot trait on his house. Even so, quite a few of his kids with non-vampires have turned out to be non-vampires so he had to turn them.

I have no mods and I am not using the vampire ley line lot trait. Baby #16 is a vampire also and since I have been using different and all human fathers, I'm thinking now is a good time for that 100 baby challenge... ha! I have actually followed the rules, even if that wasn't entirely how I had meant this story to go. :p

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My vampire and human sim has a human child. I’m assuming it’s human because the plumbob is normal looking?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    My vampire and human sim has a human child. I’m assuming it’s human because the plumbob is normal looking?

You can check whether a child is a vampire by looking at their Needs icon! If there's a little bat wing, they're a vampire. Also, if you go into CAS, you may see a vampire icon.

If the child doesn't have any of these, they're human.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Thank you :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • jasy80jasy80 Posts: 19 New Member
    lol 14 daddies...meanwhile, i'm over here making ugly families on purpose and playing with genetics and making them all mean and gross in their personalities. The dad has a woman voice (sweet style too) the woman has a husky almost man voice and a butt chin lol
  • jasy80jasy80 Posts: 19 New Member
    But yeah, that's bizarre, i hope it really is 50/50
    16 different human daddies and 19 vampire babies between them. Zero humans. 1 half alien daddy and another baby vampire, 1 full alien and that was actually an alien baby. Interesting the alien gene seems to be 50/50 yet I'm on the hunt for human baby daddy #17 now to see if "he's the one". I think whoever does manage to get her pregnant with a baby human should get a medal.
    edited September 2019
    16 different human daddies and 19 vampire babies between them. Zero humans. 1 half alien daddy and another baby vampire, 1 full alien and that was actually an alien baby. Interesting the alien gene seems to be 50/50 yet I'm on the hunt for human baby daddy #17 now to see if "he's the one". I think whoever does manage to get her pregnant with a baby human should get a medal.
    Wait... You had a full alien baby born to a vampire and an alien? To the best of my knowledge, that shouldn’t happen. If a vampire and an alien have a baby it should only be half-alien: a normal looking sim with alien coloured skin but without the ability to do alien things such as disguise themself (though they can do the secret handshake). It shouldn’t be a full alien baby. It sounds as though something strange is happening with the genetics in your game.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited September 2019
    deleted
    Wait... You had a full alien baby born to a vampire and an alien? To the best of my knowledge, that shouldn’t happen. If a vampire and an alien have a baby it should only be half-alien: a normal looking sim with alien coloured skin but without the ability to do alien things such as disguise themself (though they can do the secret handshake). It shouldn’t be a full alien baby. It sounds as though something strange is happening with the genetics in your game.

Yeah, she's full alien, at least I believe so. She looks and sounds like one. She's a child now and has a regular sim disguise. She can do all of the alien abilites. She even has the alien plumbob. She does have the vampire bat wing on her needs icon though so I'm not sure what she will do when she's a teen. I'll probably find out later this afternoon if I get another chance to play. If she's not full, she's at least 50/50 but does seem to already have access to more that what I thought they were allowed to have when half bred?
    edited September 2019

Yeah, she's full alien, at least I believe so. She looks and sounds like one. She's a child now and has a regular sim disguise. She can do all of the alien abilites. She even has the alien plumbob. She does have the vampire bat wing on her needs icon though so I'm not sure what she will do when she's a teen. I'll probably find out later this afternoon if I get another chance to play. If she's not full, she's at least 50/50 but does seem to already have access to more that what I thought they were allowed to have when half bred?

If she has the vampire needs icon, then she is a vampire-alien hybrid. That means she is an alien so will have the alien powers, human disguise etc. But when she becomes a teen she will also get vampire powers and a dark form.

I have 6 or 7 vampire-alien hybrids in my game (it may be more but I lose count). All of mine were born as a result of a vampire being abducted by aliens. But they can also (and more rarely) be born when a vampire and an alien try for a baby.

Be warned: vampire-alien hybrids are generally not too glitchy EXCEPT if you take them into CAS. So it’s best to avoid taking them into CAS.

Vampire-alien hybrids are not supposed to happen which is why they are glitchy but they still do occur.
    edited September 2019
    @MaggieMarley
    Oh wow! I'll consider myself lucky and thanks for the tips on keeping her out of CAS. I already had been keeping her out because to be honest, she kind of scared me. When she was born, she glitched my game and it crashed. Then every other birthday.. (not even hers, just her siblings) crash. I did run the repair tool on my game and it's stopped crashing on aging up but I have a feeling Persephone caused it just by being born. All this aside though, and thank you for the information and tips, still not a human baby! (But obviously a vampire and alien wouldn't).

Melody just had 2 more babies, twins. Again a human father and they seem to be both vampires too, so that's 21 vampire babies now, in a row. (minus the alien hybrid, you can't count her because her daddy was an alien). My game might be glitched...

So basically if their clothes are hideous as they age, don't change it in CAS?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    So basically if their clothes are hideous as they age, don't change it in CAS?
    @BlkBarbiegal pretty much. Taking them into CAS seems to mess up their forms since it makes the game realise that they have too many forms. Usually, it results in them losing at least one of their forms and often it makes their alien form change completely, Most of the time if you try to change the clothes or appearance of a hybrid in CAS the change won’t “stick” anyway - they won’t, for example, be wearing the outfit you dressed them in when you come out of CAS.
    Thank you @MaggieMarley
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Sometimes it’s just like that 😂

For example- my legacy founder with Caleb had 4 kids. 3 out of 4 were vampires. Then Caleb got abducted by a alien, and had a vampire/alien hybrid because of course he did.

THEN two of the daughters both married humans (though one later turned her husband). Both had nothing but human children until I turned on the dark leyline on one lot 😭