March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I own all packs and deluxe version, and still getting the "this build uses items you do not own"msg

SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
So I own every single pack (love the sims 4 way too much) and I just upgraded to Deluxe so that every single last build on the gallery, would be available to me as is. The items from the upgrade ARE available in the build/buy, but the annoying popup is still telling me items have been removed. Usually it's only 2-3 items, but its still happening. I even downloaded the grims guitar (free gift) So I own all Sims 4 content!

Has anyone else had this happen?
Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Could it be cc items?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yeah, just with Base Game builds (I don't own all the packs). It's just a glitch, don't worry about it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    I wonder if not having BB.moveojbects on before you download could have the affect of disallowing an object and sending you that message. ? Otherwise, no idea.
    6qrDi11.png
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, just with Base Game builds (I don't own all the packs). It's just a glitch, don't worry about it.

Ive heard of that glitch before. But there's another issue, see the plumbob icon on that gallery snapshot photo, when I hover over it, it says this item/build uses free/promotional content you do not own. And im sure that it's not supposed to. I have the free content, it was all added with patches and the grims guitar is also already in my game. This is so irritating.

tpfyynG.png

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    Im sure you

Ive heard of that glitch before. But there's another issue, see the plumbob icon on that gallery snapshot photo, when I hover over it, it says this item/build uses free/promotional content you do not own. And im sure that it's not supposed to. I have the free content, it was all added with patches and the grims guitar is also already in my game. This is so irritating.

tpfyynG.png

Must be CC or Limited Edition items that you didn't manage to grab before they went offsale.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Simmify wrote: »
    Im sure you

tpfyynG.png

Must be CC or Limited Edition items that you didn't manage to grab before they went offsale.

It's a EA messup thing. Builds that incorporate cc get the wrench :/ But ill just keep on downloading to my hearts content.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Maybe it has those Sims 3 Plumbob lava lamps in those?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    If it's not the Sims 3 plumbob lamps, it could be the family portrait that was a limited time promotion when Sims Mobile came out.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • DeKay wrote: »

where can i find those? @DeKay

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited September 2019
    DeKay wrote: »

where can i find those? DeKay

I think you have to have TS3 or something. I'm not sure. I don't have those cuz I never had TS3 for a long time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

where can i find those? DeKay

I think you have to have TS3 or something. I'm not sure. I don't have those cuz I never had TS3 for a long time.

Aww shucks. Im sure it's just a screwup on their end then.

• TMichelleTMichelle Posts: 9 New Member
    I've gotten it to and it happens everytime i load my households. Start the game, load the same house and it pops up. Even if I save turn it off and load it back up same thing. I just assumed it was a bug because I have every pack and i hadn't even downloaded anything new when it first happened. It was just after the revent patch. I just ignore it.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's most likely the lamps. You get a different color for each TS3 pack you own (and a green one for owning the base game)
    If you don't own all of TS3 then technically you don't own 100% of TS4's content.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Cupid wrote: »
    It's most likely the lamps. You get a different color for each TS3 pack you own (and a green one for owning the base game)
    If you don't own all of TS3 then technically you don't own 100% of TS4's content.

Those must be some popular lamps. I see that icon all of the time in the gallery and thats the only item I don't have. IF it's even that and not just something messed up on the gallery.

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

Those must be some popular lamps. I see that icon all of the time in the gallery and thats the only item I don't have. IF it's even that and not just something messed up on the gallery.

They are rather common. It's not common for one person to own every single lamp, but it's not exactly abnormal for people to have at least one or two considering how cheap TS3 and its expansions have gotten over the years.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Cupid wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

They are rather common. It's not common for one person to own every single lamp, but it's not exactly abnormal for people to have at least one or two considering how cheap TS3 and its expansions have gotten over the years.

well if thats all thats missing, I guess ill just keep getting that message, because I dont see myself buying the sims 3. I would't play it.

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I sometimes get this error on... houses I have built myself. I'm pretty sure I own all the content used in that case ;)
  • CelSims wrote: »
    I sometimes get this error on... houses I have built myself. I'm pretty sure I own all the content used in that case ;)

Yeah the gallery's a mess. But I want to know who else sometimes sees the icon with the three plumbobs to the top left, in the gallery, like in the picture above.

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I got this error yesterday. My sims left their home lot to play elsewhere, and when they returned to their home lot in the same play session, I got the popup that items have been removed because I don't own the packs or whatever. It's got to be a glitch.

As for the three plumbobs icon, it's on some of my downloads. I get the same message as you do when I hover over, but in my case, I don't own everything so it makes sense. The packs I don't own have dark blue circles instead of white. If you own everything, it's probably another glitch.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I noticed that it's a Deligracy build. She has a known glitch where her builds show up as having CC though she doesn't use any in a particular build, ao that might be it?
  • I got this error yesterday. My sims left their home lot to play elsewhere, and when they returned to their home lot in the same play session, I got the popup that items have been removed because I don't own the packs or whatever. It's got to be a glitch.

As for the three plumbobs icon, it's on some of my downloads. I get the same message as you do when I hover over, but in my case, I don't own everything so it makes sense. The packs I don't own have dark blue circles instead of white. If you own everything, it's probably another glitch.

It's on some of your own builds? And did you use the lamps in those ones? @phantasmkiss

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    The three plumbobs icon is not on any of my own builds, but I got the error on a lot I'd been playing, after I'd already been playing it. It actually does have some of the plumbob lamps in it!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    That is just a warning that objects from Awesome Animal Hats Digital content and Life of the party Digital content and Holiday Celebration pack are in the gallery downloads, if you don't have them or they are not unlocked you will not see the promotional items from the download. When the Sims 4 Deluxe was released it game with two of the promotional packs which include some Animal Hats on CAS and a Special Bar with Special drinks that can be accessed at any bar. This also is true if any of the Holiday Pack items on on the lot, and the Grim Guitar.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    That is just a warning that objects from Awesome Animal Hats Digital content and Life of the party Digital content and Holiday Celebration pack are in the gallery downloads, if you don't have them or they are not unlocked you will not see the promotional items from the download. When the Sims 4 Deluxe was released it game with two of the promotional packs which include some Animal Hats on CAS and a Special Bar with Special drinks that can be accessed at any bar. This also is true if any of the Holiday Pack items on on the lot, and the Grim Guitar.

Thats sort of what I was thinking is that symbol that means those items were used. It just makes sense that it should go away or say that I DO own the items, since I have bought it now. But , the gallery and the technology is a little behind.

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    If you have them than it will display the items, but it is a warning for though that download the lot that don't have the promotional content, so it won't never go away on the gallery, but if ou bought the deluxe version that it should unlock the Animal Hats in CAS and the Life of the Party Digital Content, as well as the sound tracks. The only other stuff that will show that message is The holiday Celebration pack and the Grim Guitar. It could be any thing from a plate to a glass to a piece of furnature, that came with though packs.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."