Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MySims Legacy Challenge **Last Updated (3/26/2023)**

Comments

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @alexis3142 Once we complete the first gen do we need to keep the restaurant or can we sell it?
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh gosh... I don't ... THINK that my pictures reverted o.o now I'll have to double check my other save file where I had some experimental pictures.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Pebblycat that was one of many challenges for you in Gen 1. I would say that you can sell it, once you have fulfilled all the goals. Have you finished Gen 1 already? It's taken me ages, I am almost there, but I thought you had just begun. :) But I'm sure @alexis42 will clarify that for you..
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    edited August 2019
    CHAPTER 4 is up and ready to read , @alexis3142 and anyone else that is following along. The "Jenny" and the "Leaf" MySims are really tricky to find. I don't know if they are rare ones or not, but I'll keep trying, they are the only ones left to get. Mind you I have plenty of time to get them being only on Gen 1 LOL ;):D

See here to find all chapters.

Find all chapters here

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Working on Chapter 5 now, pepes so should be up in a few days. :)

We should get a tag list of those people that want to keep up with the stories, @alexis3142 then the comments won't get lost in the fray, especially those doing the actual challenge.

I don't know how people feel about that but if they read this let me know what do you think? Of course we would need to know who is doing it to begin with.

@alexis3142 @storyy @Pebblycat @Shadami @3KNPen @AuroraBoreallis @luk4spuk4s

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 I started the challenge about 2 weeks ago. Didn't want to say I was definitely doing it in case I had lost interest :#
    I've finished Gen 1's goals and now have a toddler in the making.

I found getting to five stars for the restaurant hard, but I kept the restaurant small to make it easier to manage. It was quite frustrating because at first I didn't realise my chef was a vampire and the staff didn't really like her but I couldn't get rid of her. Her skill level was too high. As soon as I hit five stars I stopped going to the restaurant and concentrated on completing what was left to do. I do want to go back at some point and finish decorating the place.

I'm a bit of a grinder too so any spare time between the restaurant and his job, my Sim worked on his skills and tried all the city living dishes/experimental foods
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    That is what I did too, @Pebblycat I got to 5 stars more easily than I thought, but I ended up unexpectedly with twins instead of only one, so my work is doubled. :#

Are you documenting your adventure in any way, would love to read it.

• Options
    FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    Im going to try this! I will let you know how it goes~!
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Great, @Friea It is so much fun and being on long age makes things so much more relaxed and interesting. Love to read it if you document it in any way. Can I add you to the list for keeping up with this challenge?

A tip too, @Friea. If you end up doing laundry always check the pockets before you wash. I scored much needed small amounts every time, but also once scored $444 simoleons <3

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Okay pepes Chapter 5 is up for reading. You can find it along with the other chapters here...MySims Challenge Chapters 1-5

@alexis3142 @storyy @Pebblycat @Shadami @3KNPen @AuroraBoreallis @luk4spuk4s @Friea

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Chapter 6 is up for reading, pepes. You can find it here again...if you would like your name added to the tag list for my story of this challenge let me know in here or my story thread.

MySims Challenge Chapters 1-6

@alexis3142 @storyy @Pebblycat @Shadami @3KNPen @AuroraBoreallis @luk4spuk4s @Friea @AccidentalBois

• Options
    To make the chapters in my blog easier to navigate, I've added a link at the end of the story that links you to the next chapter, so you don't have to keep going out of the story and back in again. Hope this helps.

@alexis3142 @storyy @Pebblycat @Shadami @3KNPen @AuroraBoreallis @luk4spuk4s @Friea @luk4spuk4s @AccidentalBois

• Options
    Working on Chapter 7 at the moment. Love to know how the rest of you are getting on. <3

• Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Hi guys! Sorry I've been so busy with the start of college! I'm so happy reading your story @Jendowoz0612 and I'm so excited @Friea @Pebblycat I'm glad you guys are doing the challenge I would love to hear how it goes!
    As the new pack just came out I will probably update the challenge this weekend! I hope your guys days are going great!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    Any more taken on this challenge? @alexis3142

• Options
    I'm still playing, haven't been able to get much game time in. I'm not documenting it @Jendowoz0612 as I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. More than happy to share some screenshots here every now and then.

Looking forward to an update for Realm of Magic @alexis3142. Would love to have a purpose for it that's why I haven't bought it yet. Normally I buy the packs straight away :o
  • Options
    @Pebblycat I agree, I'm finding it hard to keep up writing, and trying to keep that up and running and entering competitions it's not working out too healthy for me. I've just gone through 6 days with a severe Ocular Migraine and stomach virus LOL (double whammy) Especially being unsure if anyone has the time to read each exerpt. I don't know that I will be writing up every little thing anymore, perhaps milestones, and special shots that show I'm going through the challenge correctly.

• Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I'm still playing, but I also created a new household to try out RoM - same save as my legacy though so I sometimes see those family members out and about which is nice. I just went back into their household to start back up and it turns out I had aging turned on for all played households instead of only active household so the younger boy had aged up to a teen. Which was fine, I just took him into CAS and gave him a bedroom overhaul. Everyone else was fine, as I have lifespan on long. Luckily no one died lol. All the pets were sick though, of course :unamused:

I can't wait to see how the new GP works into this challenge! But take your time - school is definitely more important than this lol.
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @Pebblycat I agree, I'm finding it hard to keep up writing, and trying to keep that up and running and entering competitions it's not working out too healthy for me. I've just gone through 6 days with a severe Ocular Migraine and stomach virus LOL (double whammy) Especially being unsure if anyone has the time to read each exerpt. I don't know that I will be writing up every little thing anymore, perhaps milestones, and special shots that show I'm going through the challenge correctly.

Don't overwork yourself! I know how easy it is to get burned out especially when you are playing the Sims to make a story, after a while it just feels like you constantly have to post everything, so don't be too hard on yourself! Post when and what you want, and feel better!
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    I'm still playing, haven't been able to get much game time in. I'm not documenting it @Jendowoz0612 as I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. More than happy to share some screenshots here every now and then.

Looking forward to an update for Realm of Magic @alexis3142. Would love to have a purpose for it that's why I haven't bought it yet. Normally I buy the packs straight away :o
    storyy wrote: »
    I'm still playing, but I also created a new household to try out RoM - same save as my legacy though so I sometimes see those family members out and about which is nice. I just went back into their household to start back up and it turns out I had aging turned on for all played households instead of only active household so the younger boy had aged up to a teen. Which was fine, I just took him into CAS and gave him a bedroom overhaul. Everyone else was fine, as I have lifespan on long. Luckily no one died lol. All the pets were sick though, of course :unamused:

I can't wait to see how the new GP works into this challenge! But take your time - school is definitely more important than this lol.

Realm of Magic has been super fun, I don't really have a lot of free time because of school but before I update a generation I wanted to understand it myself a bit, so I've been reading a couple blogs and planning! I'm so hyped! (Also super excited to hear about the University leaks so soon lmao)

I am thinking of updating Generation Seven: Violet to revolve around Realm of Magic, or just making a new generation based on a MySims character thats not in the game, for instance like the MySims character Wendalyn. Let me know what you guys think!
    https://mysims.fandom.com/wiki/Wendalyn

Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    alexis3142 wrote: »

Don't overwork yourself! I know how easy it is to get burned out especially when you are playing the Sims to make a story, after a while it just feels like you constantly have to post everything, so don't be too hard on yourself! Post when and what you want, and feel better!
    Pebblycat wrote: »

storyy wrote: »

Realm of Magic has been super fun, I don't really have a lot of free time because of school but before I update a generation I wanted to understand it myself a bit, so I've been reading a couple blogs and planning! I'm so hyped! (Also super excited to hear about the University leaks so soon lmao)

I am thinking of updating Generation Seven: Violet to revolve around Realm of Magic, or just making a new generation based on a MySims character thats not in the game, for instance like the MySims character Wendalyn. Let me know what you guys think!
    https://mysims.fandom.com/wiki/Wendalyn

I was reading over Violet and I actually quite like her rules for the challenge. I think Wendalyn is ADORABLE and her description with wanting to be a "wonder witch" and how she loves creating potions I think fits perfectly as its own generation with RoM. So in my opinion I would enjoy playing a Wendalyn generation! I actually think you could fit it in right after Violet - As a collector Wendalyn might spark her child's interest in collecting and science (Dr. F generation). Just an idea!
  • Options
    If Wendalyn is a MySim you can find then yes, by all means go for it as an extra. I like the idea behind her write up also, so @alexis3142 why not do an extra Generation based on her, fitted in where ever you feel she fits. :)

• Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    It's too bad Wendalyn doesn't have a statue of her own, but I still think she should totally be her own generation. Perhaps any future characters without statues can be incorporated as a "play if you want to, but they don't have to count towards the legacy/challenge.
  • Options
    I have had to take a break from computer as I had a bout in hospital that caused some double vision as a result of a bad migraine, so will be back on but only in shorts bursts, but I will continue the challenge, just have to restrict my time or give myself more breaks between concentrating-type activities both on the computer and off.

But don't despair, I will return. :D

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Health comes first. :) We shall see you when you are able to. Migraines suck.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Shadami <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top