Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,780 Member
    Same issue bothered me too, but I have kind of a workaround on that.
    Currently I only let the marriage and pregnancy checks to run once a week (playing long lifespan). And every Sunday evening before midnight, I delete all the useless random townies game has created, then let the checks run and same thing at next Sunday. ( I have set it to be Sunday, I don't remember when the default check is).
    Needs some work, but at least nobody will be married with a random mail man, or gardeners who usually are elders in my game :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited August 2019
    hmmm that is a bummer… i agree static games are a major problem in TS 4... not sure what they were thinking tbh leaving any form of town progression out of the game but yeah…. i'd rather have a static game than to stomach the idea of my favorite premades being forced to make babies with Genji the pearshaped freak... god i hate those random trashbags! words cannot describe my irritation with them. they really ruin TS 4 imo. they are way too dominantly present in the game and i for one really grow tired of this atm

Then you might use the flags. Flag your "trashbags" for no pregnancy/marriage and keep an eye on the newly spawned. "Bypass played househlds" is a good option for rotational players who want to keep their temporarily inactive hh untouched.

...and you might have a look at the MCCC CAS templates, which can be configured in a way, that new townies lack some unwanted appearance features. From that perspective you might try to solve the problem the other way round by generating only "beautiful" sims.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Bonxie thanks for the tips ;) i'll look into it because i do actually miss the active town MCCC offers.

ohh and what is a beautiful sim tbh :p i prefer unique and realistic ones..hence why i loved the Bunch family in ts 3: not pretty models but actually a true "normal" all-day family (especially Lisa was anything but normal XD and i loved her for it)! but you have to agree the game uses the pearshape for males too much: almopst every single generated townie man has this and yeah...i don't know a single woman who actually finds this alluring…

ohh on a sidenote….where did you get the hairdo of your avatar picture?? because it is AWESOME and i want it for my celebrity musician sim :p
    edited August 2019
    Early Warning!

We guess, that prior to "Realm of Magic" there might be an update for the game next week. Whether or not your mods will work will probably require patience and testing. You have two options to play the game, either revert to a vanilla game, or disable automatic patching.

What if I want to play the game without mods?
    Move your Mods folder to your Desktop and keep it there until your mods are either confirmed working or patched to work if needed.
    IMPORTANT: Create a new save. If you load an old save without the CC/mods that were in it, not only will your Sims look bald, naked and afraid without all their CC, but if you were to save over that, then your save would be irreparably damaged. Easiest to start fresh instead of ruining your save.

And what if I want to disable patching?
    If you would prefer to sit on the 1.54.120 patch until you get the all clear, go to the settings in the Origin app, disable Automatic Game Updates and Participate in Origin Client Betas, and switch Origin to Offline Mode. Watch the common sims 4 websites and your favorite modders' internet presence for status reports, updates, and other news as necessary. Once all of your mods are confirmed working and/or updated for the patch, bring Origin back online and update the game.

A good start for information might be @luthienrising's broken mod post here in the forums!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Is there a setting or something I am missing to stop this mod from resetting the lot everytime my sim leaves and re enter.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    It resets your lot? :o I've never had that happen.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited September 2019
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Is there a setting or something I am missing to stop this mod from resetting the lot everytime my sim leaves and re enter.

Maybe I missunderstood your question, but there isn't a setting like this. MCCC doesn't reset lots. Could you give more details? What happens when your sims leave the lot?
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited September 2019
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Maybe I missunderstood your question, but there isn't a setting like this. MCCC doesn't reset lots. Could you give more details? What happens when your sims leave the lot?

Sorry I should of explained it lol I was in a rush to go to work.

Edit: It seems to happen if I go to manage restaurant options. It resets the time. For example I closed the restaurant at 3:30. When I went to go edit the uniforms it not only didn't save the preset but the time was 1:10.

So I have a family that owns a restaurant. When they go to work they finnish the day and go home but when they come back to the lot its the same as it was before before the previous day started. If I hired a new person they wouldnt be there anymore, if a kid made a mess and I cleaned it up when I go back the mess would be there. I tried to change the clothing of the servers but it didn't let me. Edit: This is when it reset to the time before she cleaned up and hired new staff.

I removed all my other mods to make sure it wasnt anything else.

Edit: I seemed to fix it, I just deleted the mod folder and remade it.
    Post edited by Cheekybits on
  • shatinnshatinn Posts: 35 Member
    hello. recently I am having problem with mccc. When I make a new sims I pick all the clothes in all category also the extra options ( that little triangle that gives me more clothing ability) every single clothes dresses are different in CAS. When I go in the game and like to choose another outfit for my sim to wear I see many of the clothes are doubles tripples show the same outfit not like in CAS where all different. What causing this and how to solve it. Please help me if you familiar with this or have an idea. I have the latest version. The funny thing is that Mccc otherwise working perfectly, pregnancy, mood setting, you name it is okay except the dressing.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hi Bonxie - I'm wondering if you could advise where we should look to learn more about MCCC CAS Templates? I had no idea this was an option with MCCC but I'm thinking it will solve my ugly townie problem.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

edited September 2019
    candystorm wrote: »
    Hi Bonxie - I'm wondering if you could advise where we should look to learn more about MCCC CAS Templates? I had no idea this was an option with MCCC but I'm thinking it will solve my ugly townie problem.

For each game defined body part you can set a a value between -100 and +100, with the more possitive values representing bigger dimension. Simply spoken if the game spawns a new npc sim it creates random values for each bodypart within the full range. There are some templates and filters, but that's pretty much the principle.

With the CAS templates (Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Define Appearance Template) you can narrow down that range for each gender and lifestage, for exampleyou reduce it to -50/+50 to have no extremes in both ways. Once you're finished, activate the templates with Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Apply Appearance Template and choose at with occasion the templates should be applied.

Controlling fatness/fitness works the same way. You have to define your custom range (i. E. with -50/+50) for fat and fit, you get pretty reasonable shaped sims once again leaving out the extremes on both ends. Set the range with Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Female Fit/Fat Limits respective Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Male Fit/Fat Limits and your sims will be spawned within that values. You also can monitor and frequently adjust that values to keep your sims in shape. For this purpose activate Computer:MCCC > MC CAS > Monitor Physique.
    edited September 2019
    shatinn wrote: »
    hello. recently I am having problem with mccc. When I make a new sims I pick all the clothes in all category also the extra options ( that little triangle that gives me more clothing ability) every single clothes dresses are different in CAS. When I go in the game and like to choose another outfit for my sim to wear I see many of the clothes are doubles tripples show the same outfit not like in CAS where all different. What causing this and how to solve it. Please help me if you familiar with this or have an idea. I have the latest version. The funny thing is that Mccc otherwise working perfectly, pregnancy, mood setting, you name it is okay except the dressing.

I guess, that it's not caused by MCCC. Almost all CAS functions, like those 5 slots per outfit category you mentioned, are not accesilbe for modders. Only thing you can do, are things like the more column mod, but technical speaking that's not CAS but GUI. Therefore MCCC can only display what's available over that particular interface for CAS queries. There is no way to alter this data.

You're using the MCCC Dresser function to call the outfit picker menu, right? What happens if you use the in game "Change clothing" command from the sim menu?
    edited September 2019
    Just as a reminder: Patch for tomorrow, Thursday, 2019/09/05 is confirmed.
    We expect the release at the usual point in time: 10am PST, 1pm EST, 1800 GMT, 1900 CET, 2am KST/JST (2019/09/06) - Happy Timezone!
    September 5: The Sims 4 update on PC/Mac
    Source (with other Dates and Events in September):
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965423/september-dates-and-events-to-remember

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

edited September 2019
    @Bonxie Is it just good practice to pull our Mods folder any time we get a patch? I do have my Origin set up to NOT automatically patch. If so, I'll pull it out once I finish playing today. Unfortunately, I will be on the road Thursday, but when I get back I will download it. Can't wait for the stairs I've been hankering for since Sims2! Thanks for the heads up. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    @Bonxie Is it just good practice to pull our Mods folder any time we get a patch? I do have my Origin set up to NOT automatically patch. If so, I'll pull it out once I finish playing today. Unfortunately, I will be on the road Thursday, but when I get back I will download it. Can't wait for the stairs I've been hankering for since Sims2! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Yes, always good practice to remove the Mods folder; back up your saves folder too.

Yes, always good practice to remove the Mods folder; back up your saves folder too.

Thank you. But I may just throw out my saves to start anew. Again. For the umpteenth time. :o
    edited September 2019

Since Origin automatically disables the script mods during patching, I guess it's not that important whether there is or is not a mod folder in game while the update is installed. Let's say, it won't hurt, if you remove the mod folder - better save than sorry. In my opinion it's more important to have an idea how to deal with the automatic updates. There are a lot of players, who aren't aware of the sometimes gamebreaking impact of patches until it's too late.

And most important are backups of your game data. We've seen many people in Discord being desperate, because the only possibility to fix their game would have been a restore of previous game data. But unfortunately they never backuped their stuff and a lot of time, progress and effort was lost that way. Would have been so easy to avoid this.
    edited September 2019
    Attention please! MCCC is affected by today's Patch 1.55.105![color]

Message from MCCC creator Deaderpool:
    "Today's update for Sims 4 is out and it will have some breaking affect on a lot of mods, I imagine. So far, for MCCC, I do know that it is causing an error with MC Woohoo. I haven't seen any other issues yet, but it's early. ;)

My plan is to release 6.5.0 with changes needed for the update today, so it will at least contain the fix for MC Woohoo, if nothing else is found.

As always, if there are issues after EA's update, you should go to our Discord server. We have a team of people there that are available specifically for that purpose.

Thanks!
    "

Stay tuned for further news.

Also have a look at @luthienrising's broken mod thread here in the offical forums:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965672/broken-updated-mods-cc-sept-19-stairs-rom-patch/p1?new=1
    MCCC v6.5.0 for Sims 4 game version 1.55.105 is out now!

This release also covers all necessary changes for the S4 game patch from 2019/09/05.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-5-0-29739705 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

Find the complete change log here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/private/187080233101/tumblr_7ZmlWuQttcUUMC8pa

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

This release has been tested to be working with (but does not require) GTW, OR, Get Together, Dine Out, City Life, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventures, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangeville, Island Living and the patch released September 5, 2019 – PC 1.55.105.1020 / Mac 1.55.105.1220.

Versions before this most likely won't work, so don’t be surprised if that’s the case!

The mod folder will look more or less like this after MCCC 6.5.0 installation/update:
    y4mTAbKu6dQpfUPEogaXvT-y7ALShNSDQ8peMhnNpkJUUBU4519EMzwDw8RWRqFEXnJ-iqb-BpHiB9LYGGqmkkvlTUT3kSVqcTFxMqAda6F7LEgwZqLTRwo2e-o2nhBaUux4liQBgVIDU00W9XXxAFQwoFgUW6GxTXGVHd8a4pC_b5ETZAaFV_UpQB8oewe8shXF5v1-wtPsjuPfEoJK_-UfA?width=649&height=526&cropmode=none

Check the CC and Mods in your game and use current versions only. Be careful when using outdated or orphaned DLC.
    If you get an orange error message referring to a Last Exception, the most probably reason is broken 3rd party stuff.

As proof of installation the welcome screen of MCCC 6.5.0 looks like this:
    y4mr2Nro5bQB71OssKPMwdHlB4DI0SbSqZFSyMNeLlKhZmb9oFTBBOXdEDx0abCVWIIA5uOdszDsJap_IykA3wObdhtlVP9U4M9OLuOSsmirzVlqBuNKQJSHYklnGexN44bKfws-gOxeZiG1ShVCNM2Xj8ym6yP3YUzuh-07Jrb_Q_vgdz2dviQg4EHcz4-4NRNsLOkUD_rEmn1mLXuUJt1OA?width=275&height=267&cropmode=none

Attention: Because of compatibility issues MCCC will no longer load and run if the Pregnancy Mega Mod (PMM) is in use in the same game. The players can still choose to use PMM if they wish. MCCC will just not work if it’s in use.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member

Hi!

There's something i need to double-check because obviously i'm doing something wrong here:

I flag every sim (not NPC) in my game to "never club", because i don't play with clubs..yet i came across three sims that were members of one of the clubs (the fishing club) - after i had given them the flag. What am i doing wrong and is there something else in MCCC that i'm missing that would prevent this problem?

PS: Count how many times i say "club"? LOL! :D
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    edited September 2019
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi!

There's something i need to double-check because obviously i'm doing something wrong here:

I flag every sim (not NPC) in my game to "never club", because i don't play with clubs..yet i came across three sims that were members of one of the clubs (the fishing club) - after i had given them the flag. What am i doing wrong and is there something else in MCCC that i'm missing that would prevent this problem?

PS: Count how many times i say "club"? LOL! :D
    No idea. I will go and ask Deaderpool, but I'm pretty sure that his answer is like "must be a interference with another mod", because if a flag is set, there is usually no way to work around it.

Edit - Answer from Deaderpool:
    They [these sims] weren't added by MCCC. That's really all I can say. That's what the flag does is prevent MCCC from adding them when the scheduled MC Clubs process runs to fill empty slots in clubs. EA has never had an "automatic method" to fill clubs once they have been created. That's why MCCC has the scheduled process. If someone else has a mod to also fill clubs, it will not check the flag and will do what it wants.

DeafSimmer wrote: »
    How do you use the Sims from your library as NPCs with this mod? I might not use NPC Control due to it being paywalled, which is a shame, because that mod was useful.
    I don't know if I understood your question, I guess because you're quoting the NPCC mod, you want to asign one of your sims to a role instead of having a random sim spawned by the game.

There are no options to use MCCC the way like Paulson's NPC Control works. MCCC does not interfere in the filters which are called when the games spawns a new sim because a certain role like mixologist is needed.

Is there a way to generate less homeless [with MCCC]?
    The short answer is no. The Sims 4 generates homeless Sims when it needs them to fill a role in the particular zone. If there is no Sim already that matches the filter the game uses for that role, then a new Sim is generated. If the Sim that matches the role is already in the zone and the role comes-up as being needed again, it will generate another Sim to fill the role, even though there is a Sim in the zone that matches it. Just the way the base game works.

Please correct my if I misunderstood your question and you were asking something different.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I've asked this question somewhere before, but I just want to double-check. Is it safe to remove MCCC and then play a save where I've used it before? I'm just kind of worried after reading what some people have said about the latest patch.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’ve noticed that I have a lot of mermaid townies in my game. I suspect that the sheer number of them is due to MCCC allowing the game generated mermaids to breed. Is there a way to use MCCC to prevent mermaid babies being born to townies?
  • Zorka_zgZorka_zg Posts: 1 New Member
    hay..can anyone help me with this problem... File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_5_0\mc_career\mc_career_inject.py", line 138, in inject_add_sim_info
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 639, in request_lod
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 523, in on_lod_update
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 492, in load
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_data_tracker.py", line 474, in load
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\objective_tuning.py", line 995, in goal_value
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\objective_tuning.py", line 731, in get_number_required
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'goal_value'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top