Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• cyanpark47cyanpark47 Posts: 5 New Member
    [b]Base Game[/b]
    -Add beaches to one of the worlds like Sunset Valley in TS3
    -Let the game be open world
    -more aspirations/ traits
    -as stated above let there be more sports available and let them be separate skills

[b]Get Together[/b]
    -Add more hangout spots for teens and more activities available for teenagers
    -allow for there to be more group members
    -tone down on the amount of calls sims receive from others

[b]Get to Work[/b]
    -add more careers (create an actual athlete career where the sims choose a sport to join)

[b]Get Famous[/b]
    -add more careers like singer, rapper, TV personality, dancer (ballet, hip-hop, etc.)
    -allow for sims to start off with small higs and work their way up like the Superstar EP for TS3
    -add more lots to De Sol Valley

I like an idea stated above about having an Amusement park GP, I feel that would be great to have.
  • ShinyGeodudeShinyGeodude Posts: 3 New Member
    Please give children the ability to garden, or at least just to harvest/sell, weed, and water plants if things like splicing and grafting seem like they'd be too advanced for kids. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do at least basic gardening, since lots of kids do those things in real life.
    Also please add gardening to the skills that Sims can be Mentored in.
  • Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    Maybe you could give for EU Version of the game a patch to let Teens on lots with the nude trait. Teenagers know what bodies look like. It's illogical for you to leave immediately the lot.
  • CHDraaijerCHDraaijer Posts: 1 New Member
    I was thinking about an unlimited tattoo selector, if you select multiple tattoo's for the same place they just overlay each other and maybe the same for skin details.
  • Lassie26Lassie26 Posts: 26 Member
    I would love the option when playing with genetics if I only have one adult sim in the home to choose a pre-existing sim in my world to mix the traits with when creating a kid.

Like the ability to choose a male sim that’s married to a different sim as the father to the child (in the family I am currently creating in CAS) with the genetic make up of both adult sims.

Talk about more drama.

• StormyWarrior8StormyWarrior8 Posts: 1 New Member
    A search box in CAS could be useful for people having a lot of custom content like me.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    CAS needs in-laws, great-grandparents, step-children, step-parents, 2nd cousins, great-aunts/uncles, tweens, 6 month old babies, middle age, youngish seniors, & teens that don't look like young adults.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Even though I never play with kids in my games, I do agree they should be able to garden. I worked in the garden on my farm when I was a kid & it was fun.
    Tattoo overlays would be cool so I agree with that one.

I would like more accessory categories. Like piercings on different parts of the ear sorted out, eyebrow piercings being separate & not conflicting with earrings, necklaces or sunglasses. I'd like upper arm jewelry, ankle jewelry, etc. Being able to stack stuff would be nice.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but I'd really like to be able to build apartments from scratch. I vaguely recall being able to do that in Sims2 & I think it was in Sims3 as well. I remember placing markers to designate apartment space vs communal/public space. I would like to be able to designate the area of specific apartments (so they wouldn't all get merged together), communal spaces only accessible to residents + invited guests, & public spaces where any Sim can visit. There could be communal pools, gyms, playgrounds, gardens/greenhouses, & maybe even areas for bbqing. Possibly even have shops & restaurants (or just food/drink vendors). Maybe a bar that serves beverages could be available. A cafeteria for assisted living type apartments would be good. The facility where my uncle stays has a cafeteria as well as food delivery to rooms and he has his own gardening club where he & a couple of the residents plant vegetables in designated areas.

I'd also like the ability to have indoor gardens with hanging plants, dirt plots on the floor under sun lamps with sprinklers, etc. Maybe even have an automatic or robot weeder. I want to create a basement apartment with a science-minded sim who has his own secret garden indoors

As for other ideas, better search stuff for CAS would be nice. I'd also like the idea of setting relationships like in-laws & step-siblings as mentioned above. It would be cool if we could have unrestricted options when choosing the parents of a sim. Say we are creating one & we want to designate other pre-made sims as the parents or have the ability to retroactively assign relationships.

I also wish we could have the option to have sliders with numerical values for some of the body & facial tweaking. I have a very hard time getting things to work when I just move the mouse over the nose or something. It doesn't do what I want. I miss the features from past games where you could adjust the nose button angle & so forth. I couldn't figure out how to do that in Sims4. It just made the nose button larger or smaller instead.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    One fix that can definitely be done is all the game crashing issues.
    2quwd7.gif

• shrubshrub Posts: 10 New Member
    I think focusing on gameplay instead of world design would be a good improvement, if a huge update came out with alot more gameplay per pack, it would most likely squash the biggest complaint of The Sims 4. Every single pack needs improvement, and has barely any objects. I understand that each object needs a swatch, but isn't that only a simple recolour? Anyone can do that. Plus, theres barely any gameplay anyway. Every pack just seems slightly empty or lacking. Sims 3 was incredible with its gameplay, there was always something to do. You could go on vacation with world adventures to THREE different places, and the map would be huge and riddled with gameplay. Jungle adventure just feels extremely odd and 5 minutes into exploring my sim was hungry, bladder low, and I was tired of the repetition with the random pop ups that didn't mean anything to me. That's just one example, each pack is just so.. empty. Island living has been the worst so far. I absolutely love the mermaids, but then once you have one there's nothing to do with them. There's no gameplay, no pay off for doing anything, just nothing. $40 is the price of the base game AND expansions, but why are the expansions only 1/8th of the gameplay and items the base games have? Everytime I pay I feel like I'm having money stolen from me. Still love the Sims but I seriously hope that a huge update comes out soon and quenches everyones thirst for more gameplay
  • HazybabsHazybabs Posts: 3 New Member
    I think it would be really awesome if they created a build a family app for iPad etc, so you could create families on the go and then import them to your pc game. I would LOVE that!!!
  • anonymous3kanonymous3k Posts: 23 Member
    Add Bulldoze World , to make it easy instead of doing one by one :#:)
  • Ninja_flipNinja_flip Posts: 3 New Member
    could they change how apartments worked meaning letting us build apartments in any world or do split lots so that we could build townhomes so sims could have neighbors or relatives living near by. i agree with a lot of what I've read from other comments. also add more deaths.
  • Naerys97Naerys97 Posts: 5 New Member
    They could add an option of moving out for an only sim so they can leave the household with a part of the household money so they can buy a house without having to start from zero every time like they were poor.
    I’ve been waiting for something like this so long that no matter how incredible I think is an expansion I just get disappointed every time.
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    CAS needs in-laws, great-grandparents, step-children, step-parents, 2nd cousins, great-aunts/uncles, tweens, 6 month old babies, middle age, youngish seniors, & teens that don't look like young adults.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, CAS needs more relationship options, roommate, brother, sister, husband and wife don't cut it, what if you want Sims to be cousins rather than brothers? Seriously I had to make two Sims brothers rather than cousins because there is no cousins option, this needs to be fixed ASAP by introducing more CAS relationship options.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    > @Hazybabs said:
    > I think it would be really awesome if they created a build a family app for iPad etc, so you could create families on the go and then import them to your pc game. I would LOVE that!!!

Which, given the Create a Sim demo still exists, would actually not be too bad of an idea. Would be a pretty good time-waster as well.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Giving everyone what they want now and for some people, they want it all for free or cheap. Lets be honest, that is what it really is about.

Realistically, they can fix some bugs and overhaul a few things; but it isn't as bad as people claim. Sure it isn't Sims 2; but it a fun game still.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    In general.

Base Game:
    Improving skills was so much more of challenge in TS3. Thus, they need to not be as easy. Seems Sims easily fly through career tracks and skills in TS3.
    Childbirth. Now, not necessarily realistic, but Sims standing up to give birth is just well, weird. At least have them lying on the bed.
    The system of likes, dislikes and favorites TS3 had.
    Zodiac signs. Like the above ,it added another gameplay element, and added realism.
    That my Sims can actually visit more of the world and make use of it. I see tons of businesses in the background--grocery stores, gas stations, coffee shops, etc that are just there for decoration.

Get to Work.
    All
    I feel the law enforcement and medical career tracks need to be heavily reworked to be more expansive and realistic. Of course, how would they do that, and stay within the ESRB and PEGI ratings?
    More careers. Namely, the ones in TS3: Ambitions.
    My Sims can own and operate veterinary offices. Why not doctor and dentist offices?

Cats and Dogs.
    More animals--especially horses and wildlife.
    Seeing as how llamas are a running gag in the game, why not llamas?
    Playable pets. Given how the framework exists in the game's files, it was obvious it was being worked on but abandoned. In TS3; I like making my pets do bad stuff to mess with their owners.
    If horses are added, of course Create a Sim items such as riding clothing, helmets, and boots. The Sims 3 of course, had it. And not a whole lot of junk, either; as most TS4 items seem to be.
  • SpaceCadet2SpaceCadet2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and do a little necroposting because there are still things that EA can do to improve Sims 4, and for the love of all things holy, I shall die on this hill:

-Improved AI. My sister and I (and others, I'm sure) have some issues with the AI. It takes 30 years to do anything because all any of the NPCs want to do is talk to you. In the 6 hours it takes your sim to eat, 15 people have chatted with them, and they've most likely 🐸🐸🐸🐸 themselves because nobody will let them off for long enough to get to a toilet. Also! Making food is an issue! Your Sim could be just minutes away from starving to death and they just...stand there? not even bothering to eat the food THEY LITERALLY JUST FINISHED MAKING??? No, don't read that book, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you, EAT!!

-Hybrid Sims. I am once again asking for vampire/spellcaster hybrid Sims, with the full powers of both. Please, I am begging you. I am sick of having to choose between the two. My sister wants to see werewolves and fairies, too, like the ones in Sims 3.

-The Color Wheel. Gods, THE COLOR WHEEL. That pretty much defined my Sims experience. It allowed for SO much customization. You did not restrictions on color at all. You could have a sim wear nothing but olive-colored outfits for their whole lives.

-Open World. You didn't have to be restricted to a random lot when wandering a neighborhood in Sims 3. Why should you be in Sims 4?

TL;DR EA had so many opportunities to make Sims 4 better than the previous installations, but they blew it. Super hard. Absolute buffoonery. The gaming community can handle the delays - hell, we waited for AGES just for the FFVII Remake to be released, and from what I hear, it lived up to the hype and made the wait worth it. EA, if you're reading this, take notes from Square Enix. I may have my beef with the FFXIII trilogy, but that's just my opinion. But seriously though, listen to your players. Making Sims 4 better isn't restricted to whatever expansion/stuff/game pack you can pull from a llama's 🐸🐸🐸🐸; it requires you to patch the game you already have released. Neither me nor my sister have the ability to download every single one of the add-ons, so a patch that gives players what they'd like to see is perfect for us and anyone else in the same boat.
  • DiNozzoDiNozzo Posts: 1 New Member
    Please can household members be listed just by age? There's literally no need for it to go (Dad (elder), Youngest Son (teen), Oldest Daughter (teen), Grandson (toddler).

And the household name doesn't need to be the oldest male's name either. If Sims is meant to be about equality, how about not being so obviously a patriarchy?!
  • anonymous3kanonymous3k Posts: 23 Member
    Better restaurants
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    *Memory system
    MTS_DiLight-1487502-6YVMaeidbFI.jpg
    *Green X = Positive memory from: Positive sentiments/events
    *Red X = Negative memory from: Negative sentiments/events
    *Yellow X = Redefined memory (earlier positive memory that has changed temporarily after gaining a negative sentiment)
    *Orange with a “!”-symbol!X = a “struggle” Life Struggles Pack
    *Golden with a “!”-symbol!X = a treated “struggle” Life Struggles Pack

*Sims are now going to remember their memories and will at random get a moodlet with the memory
    (eg. ”Simsis was born”) that have the same buff as back then (e.g. “+1 happy”).
    This moodlet will give them the interaction "share memory" with other sims that are included in the memory (e.g. parents can share a memory of a child birth). This will make the other sim “remember” and trigger their memory moodlet.
    Redefined memories = sims will get a negative moodlet (tensed/sad/angry) when remembering these memories. The “redefined memories” will turn back into “positive memories” when the negative sentiment disappears.
    FROM THE “LIFE STRUGGLES PACK”: (positive/negative life/childhood points) https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986200/life-struggles-pack-updates-sims-4-memory-system-personality-overhaul-consequeces
    *Symbols (as sims 2 for slower computers) and the possibility to add photos and text to a memory (scrapbooking)
    *Possibility to move/remove memories
    *No "visitied the park/shop/library" -memories (looking at you sims 3) ;)
    *Focus on bigger events instead: had a baby, got schoolarship (and which), get a promotion/demotion/job (and what career), got a best friend, became a vampire, etc...
    *Wants/Fears
    8rwn35j5bv0z.png
    Basic personality / Temperament (Personality Overhaul)
    Personality_%26_Aspiration.png
    Sims will now have 3 trait slots AND a personality system from sims 1 & 2 where you can set "temperament" for a sim.
    1. SENSITIVE - RATIONAL
    Sensitive (1-5)
    *Easier to gain sentiments
    *Faster increasing in creativity skills and in pet skills
    *Increased performance in following careers: Therapist, Doctor, creative careers
    *Decreased performance in following careers: Detective, Law, Military, Secret agent
    *Collects higher “negative life points” from negative experiences
    *Collects higher “positive life points” from positive experiences

Rational (6-10)
    *Harder to gain sentiments
    *Faster increasing in logic skills
    *Increased performance in following careers: Detective, Law, Military, Secret agent
    *Decreased performance in following careers: Therapist, creative careers
    *Collects lower “negative life points” from negative experiences
    *Collects lower “positive life points” from positive experiences

*If having a very “negative childhood” +high point in “SENSITIVE” = risk of developing “Sensitive maniac” trait
    *If having a very “negative childhood” +high points in “RATIONAL” = risk of developing “Rational maniac” trait
    2. INTROVERT – EXTROVERT (Shy - Outgoing)
    Introvert / Shy (1-5)
    *Faster decreasing “energy bar” around unknown/acquaint sims.
    *Slower decreasing “social bar”.
    *Can get the moodlet “Overwhelmed introvert” around other sims.
    *Harder to socialize with new sims
    *Higher risk of getting the “social anxious” moodlet (when low points in “self-esteem”)
    *More negative feelings/moodlets around new/unknown sims
    *Tend to get less/No “wants” about parties/social events/getting to know new sims/attention
    *Tend to get more “fears” about making a fool of themselves/social embaressment/to be in the centrum of attention

Extrovert / Outgoing (6-10)
    *Slower decreasing “energy bar” around unknown/acquaint sims.
    *Faster decreasing “social bar”.
    *Can get the moodlet “Excited extrovert” around other sims.
    *Easier to socialize with new sims
    *More positive feelings/moodlets around new/unknown sims
    *Tend to get more “wants” about parties/social events/getting to know new sims
    3. PLAYFUL - SERIOUS
    Playful (1-5)
    *Faster increasing in creativity skills
    *Increased performance in creative careers and in babysitter career (part time job)
    *More often “playful” and “inspired” emotion
    *Faster “Bored” when performing “serious” actions (e.g. studying)
    *More “wants with “playful” actions, less “wants” with “serious” actions

Serious (6-10)
    *Slower increasing in creativity skills and comedy skill
    *Decreased performance in creative careers, and in babysitter career (part time job)
    *Increased performance in follow careers: Astronaut, Business, Detective, Law, Salary person, Politician
    *Easier to fail with jokes
    *Easier to get other sims gain the moodlet “bored” from a conversation with your sim
    *Easier for other sims to gain the sentiment “reliable” about your sim (=easier to convince someone)
    *Slower “Bored” when performing repetitive
    *Increased “fun bar” from performing “serious” actions (e.g. studying)
    *More “wants with “serious” actions, less “wants” with “playful” actions
    4. IMPULSIVE – REFLECTIVE (/calm)
    Impulsive (1-5)
    *Tend to change their “wants”/”fears” more often
    *More impulsive “wants
    *Can become “tensed” when sedentary for a longer period of time
    *Tends to get more smaller “wants” with smaller rewards
    *Faster “bored” with repetitive conversations
    *Faster bored when performing repetitive actions
    *Faster bored with long-spun actions (e.g. short attention span, bored when doing a homework that take a long time to do).
    *Will autonomously do more impulsive actions and jump through different action (doing some homework ->now playing a game on the phone -> now start learning this new skill /etc)
    *Harder to get and remain “focused” from actions (e.g. playing chess)
    *Can get the moodlet: “Excited!”
    *Rapidly changing temperament: Tend to more easily become agitated/excited/scared/etc, and more mood swings

Reflective/Calm (6-10)
    *Tend to change(refresh) their “wants”/”fears” less often (will stick with their “wants” for a longer period of time)
    *Less/No impulsive “wants”
    *Tend to get more “bigger” “wants” with bigger rewards
    *Easier to get “focused” from actions (e.g. playing chess)
    *Will autonomously stick with their routines (no new impulsive actions), will stick with their actions for longer periods of time
    *Smooth/even temperament: less mood swings and “freak outs”
    5. PERSISTENT – UNMOTIVATED
    Persistent (1-5)
    *A persistent sim that failing with a “want” that you have “locked” or “chosen” (=by removing it or by completing the opposite “fear”) will get a bigger decrease in “Meaningfulness points” and tend to get the same “want” instant afterwards.
    *Bigger increased “Meaningfulness points” when completing a “want” that you have “locked” or “chosen”.
    *Decreased “Meaningfulness points” when failing with a new years resolution (SEASONS EP).

Unmotivated (6-10)
    *Smaller loss in “Meaningfulness points” when failing with a “want” that you have “locked” or “chosen”.
    *If you have a “locked” or “chosen” want for a longer period of time without completing it -> the sim will get the negative moodlet “LET ME GO!” and tend to get “wants” with: “UNLOCK THE WANT!/LET ME GO!”. (=> urging to the player, because of low motivation)
    *Longtime/lifelong aspiration system
    588965-aspirationbenefits.jpg
    *Attraction system
    latest?cb=20090814010511
    *Favorites/Dislikes & Diet
    Favorites/dislikes: Food, Drink, Music Diet: Omnivore / Vegetarian / Vegan
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2022
    My ongoing list of suggestions and what has been added or not.

These are my suggestions:

- Alarm Clocks
    - wake up more than 1 hour before they go to work
    - faster eating, bathing, and toilet runs
    - relaxing in bed
    - a workbench to make bouquets with the flowers
    - a workbench to make something with crystals and metals (maybe jewelry)
    - shelves big enough to display large crystals, fossils, insects, and frogs
    - fish not go bad in the refrigerator or give them a timer like the food (I hate when I fish away from my neighborhood and the fish are going bad before I can get back)
    - Or a container to put fish in so they don't go bad
    - more recipes to use all the fruits and vegetables
    - insects can be caught in parks
    - after you identify a plant the bushes are also identified (Get a ton of the same plants when looking for new ones)
    - the collector butterfly (it a pain trying to find collectables)
    - more fruits and vegetables
    - sprinklers (it takes forever to water plants)
    - toddlers
    - less multiple births
    - larger neighborhood with venues
    - have children's skill rollover to teen and so on
    - ethnic jewelry (don't know what it's called like the India headband)
    - ethnic clothing (like sarong)
    - piercings
    - be able to put your own pictures (like with music)
    - fully adjustable lifespans
    - working elevators or escalators
    - ladders
    - dating service online
    - favorites and astrological signs
    - stackable display containers for insects and frogs
    - other tabs for career, camping, and etc.
    - weather
    - cars would be nice
    - able to know how much time is left when you are on vacation
    - some kind of indicator what wrong with the baby
    - job: daycare
    - more starter homes
    - future (like the one in sims 3)
    - cuddling in bed
    - robbers
    - police to arrest robbers
    - firemen/women
    - snuggling while sleeping
    - more hairstyles for toddlers
    - more clothes for toddlers
    - more matching colors (it gets annoying when you have a color scheme and one piece just won't match)
    - celebrities
    - fish tanks that hold more than 6 fish types
    - headbands separate from hair
    - be able to swim in ocean/lake
    - In depth genealogy
    - teens sneaking out at night
    - more lots
    - added skills: cleaning, drums and bass
    - favorite music
    - swings and slides for children
    - color wheel or something like it so I can match my furniture.
    - larger lots

I'll keep adding everything I want as I think of them.
    Post edited by Dee West on
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2022
    I am really missing the "Showtime" singer career (s. The Sims 3). It should be semi-open with options to go to rabbit hole work or sing at venues. Actually we can already do that in game. We just need an official career to go with it. Maybe it could come in a refresh for either "City Living" or "Get Famous".

The skill is already there, the animations are already there, the system of semi-open careers is already there. I don't see a reason why this can't be added. It would really enrich my gameplay as that is all I am currently missing (plus burglars).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    The color wheel needs to come back. I'm tired of making beautiful Victorian/Edwardian Queen Annes and having to use the same dang color. I want to use a light wood interior sometimes. That was common around the turn of the century, y'know. We're finally getting body hair, that was always my number 1 and I think finally feminine frames can have it, too.
    I can't put my finger on it, but the game play is so different from Sims 3. There are cooler options in Sims 4, but I still had more fun games in Sims 3. Someone know how to articulate it for me?