Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Wants, if it ever come to Sims 4

tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I want University to come to sims 4 SO BAD!!! I have it on my sims 3 and love it to death but it would be so much better in sims 4 graphics. I really want kegstands and ping pong along with dorms and roommates plus photo booths . Who thinks we will be getting it soon? What do you guys want if we get University Pack?

Comments

• rogue_55rogue_55 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would like drums, bass guitar and the ability to form bands. I associate this with University, because they were added in the Sims 2 University.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think it's inevitably going to happen soon (judging by polls and what people talk about a lot).

What I'd want? Well, one of the options would be a University Living pack. Having Uni as a new world, with dorm rooms and studying done as an active "career" where you need to go to classes and work on projects and meet other students etc. Having University-specific social activities like sports and parties and clubs (to emulate sororities and fraternities). Being able to choose from dorms or rental houses or a club house to live in.

The other option I'd love would be a Get Educated pack that would include university along with school options for every other age group.
    - Daycares that you could follow toddlers to if parents are at work/sublings in school. A daycare active career (even just part-time, but having it set up with tasks to do etc.
    - Elementary School with the option of public and private, both of them be set up as active so you could go to school with a Sim.
    - same as above for High School but also with things like cheerleading and sports maybe as after-school activities the way Scouts and Drama Club are
    - University as an active place with its own mini world and the option of living at home and going to Uni the same was as a Sim would to a job, but as an active career possibility. With a multi-branch for different majors (at least a few, but definitely more than two. as a compromise, maybe not having specific majors but directions like science, humanities, engineering, etc) If a Sim chooses to live on campus, temporary moving out from their original household & becoming a separate one. Studying would still be like an active career and there'd be clubs, events, etc locally.
    - Teaching as a career within that pack. Active career, obviously, With maybe a possibility to choose the level (Elementary/High School/University) with the work tasks reflecting it.

Granted, it's a LOT to ask of a pack, but the mechanisms are pretty much all in-game already, so hey, aim high?
    (sorry, long post. I have thoughts when it comes to packs lol)
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I’m wanting this real bad to the point where I haven’t aged up any of my Sims because I’d like to see the kind of degrees they could get.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I’m wanting this real bad to the point where I haven’t aged up any of my Sims because I’d like to see the kind of degrees they could get.

Same here, I don't wanna wait anymore
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I noticed one of the freelancer photographer gigs has to do with university (university professor style or something), hint ?

I hope they do a General school pack, I want university but also school and High School, right now there’s no school buildings, it’s just a mysterious place our sims vanish to.....
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'd kinda like that comic book store back, but I fear due to the retail addition, we'll never get things like that back. I may be wrong though. I really want there to be a campus with dorms, different types of study, even new jobs that align with these studies (I'd love a lawyer career for example), some more "rebellious" things for young sims to do. And a general overhaul to all school systems (private school for kids, a real daycare for toddlers, having the principal come over etc.). So like a school/uni pack 😀
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I want University to come to sims 4 SO BAD!!! I have it on my sims 3 and love it to death but it would be so much better in sims 4 graphics. I really want kegstands and ping pong along with dorms and roommates plus photo booths . Who thinks we will be getting it soon? What do you guys want if we get University Pack?

I really liked TS3 Uni, but I really missed frats and sororities game play and the secret society.
    It might not be as important in TS4 though since we have Get Together clubs. I could still make Greek social groups even if the game play isn't there. As for Secret Societies, I made my own in TS3.
    Screenshot-3444.jpg

It was an exclusive lounge and had most of the coolest objects in the game.
    Screenshot-3461.jpg
    It would be really cool if making our own secret societies was part of TS4 University.
    They are already part way there if the Groups and clubs.

The day University is announce the Bilderchild Society lot and club will be added to my game.
    I also hope TS4 University lets us make our own dorms. My uni experiences were so much richer in my custom dorms.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'd love more features for education for all life stages, but I know that's probably not going to happen. Honestly I just miss TS2 University so bad. If/when it comes to TS4 I'd love a wide range of majors and related careers to choose from. I was really disappointed in the lack of degree choice TS3 gave us, in the end I never ended up using the university system.

I think it'd be a nice pack to reintroduce bands back into the game as well, alongside the bass and drum set. There's so much potential in a uni pack, but I'm too scared to get my hopes up! :#:#
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I am keeping some of my teens from aging also because I am waiting but I'm going to be upset if they leave out study-groups because that is where my Sims in The Sims 3 first found who they would end up marrying for some reason.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Pool tables, ping pong, pub crawls, clubs week, boarding with some weird old cat lady...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I just want university really however it comes but I would prefer live at home options not just dorm room options so it is more realistic to my experience plus I would like my older sims to retrain when they are thinking of changing career and they wouldn't live on campus.

Bands, lectures, group sports, and activities would all be important additions. Online learning could work as a freelance option too.

I would like to see a graduation ceremony that could work in a similar fashion to the starlight accolades (as they like to recycle animations here is one that wouldn't need that much tweaking to become graduation).
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I agree to all of the above. Also, I would hope & love it if they make the University a full Expansion Pack with at least 10 lots. And bring back the cool beaded hairstyle, clothing, study groups & campus parties like in Sims 3. Also, they should introduce College Graduations & Sororities that would be fun.
    Becka28 wrote: »
    I just want university really however it comes but I would prefer live at home options not just dorm room options so it is more realistic to my experience plus I would like my older sims to retrain when they are thinking of changing career and they wouldn't live on campus.
    That's how it is for most Aussies when they start uni. Live at home and commute for the first year or two at least, then maybe move into a share house with some friends, and live a little closer to campus.
    We have so few dorms that international students have been complaining recently, about having to live in share houses!

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've done university with the Sims 2 and 3, so bored with it being exclusive to YA only. I want a complete school EP to come out that isn't just inclusive to YA again. Daycare, grade, high school, prom, elders going to university, scholarships, loans, working full time jobs while going to school part time. So I don't want a fantasy version of school. I want it to be real and I want it to be inclusive to people with disabilities because many schools I have attended have had to adapt their buildings to be ADA friendly, so if schools can't adapt to inclusive to Sims of all ages, abilities, genders, social classes, and cultures, I won't be interested in another Americanized YA fantasy university hood again only catered to the rich and single without families.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Let me build my own dorms! I dont want dorms that are exactly like the apartments in City Living. No editing, let me build them!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I've done university with the Sims 2 and 3, so bored with it being exclusive to YA only. I want a complete school EP to come out that isn't just inclusive to YA again. Daycare, grade, high school, prom, elders going to university, scholarships, loans, working full time jobs while going to school part time. So I don't want a fantasy version of school. I want it to be real and I want it to be inclusive to people with disabilities because many schools I have attended have had to adapt their buildings to be ADA friendly, so if schools can't adapt to inclusive to Sims of all ages, abilities, genders, social classes, and cultures, I won't be interested in another Americanized YA fantasy university hood again only catered to the rich and single without families.

So much, this. And I'm truly expecting that we will get a more diverse 'university' pack this time, judging by the way the team has approached Sims4. (I'm not convinced that it's the next expansion, however.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I would love it if the University world was based on Oxford and Cambridge instead of on American universities, with a sense of history and mystery.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I found the University in the last iterations a bit USA based so hope any new version will reflect an International Simmers university. No Frats or Sororities but clubs like drama or sports one can take up instead. This would mesh in better with the Club system.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would love education for all ages, and bands and musical instruments.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I would love it if the University world was based on Oxford and Cambridge instead of on American universities, with a sense of history and mystery.

Edinburgh!

SummerinEdinburgh500x500.jpg
    student-town-7_2020593b.jpg
    b4a7ff554c68846eadc9cb301e3c484d.jpg
    9b4451b45a0796ead7f0fe60e516c026.jpg
    OMQgi2b.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sims 3 University isn’t just for YA’s? All ages, genders, social classes and cultures can go to university in the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Simburian @Movotti hard yes, that would be amazing <3
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    @Movotti Just look at those buildings' architecture! So many new walls, doors, windows, lamps and other objects for builders. A bit too much for Maxis though? We'd need a lot more terrain tools if they wanted to add The Royal Mile and Arthurs Seat (back,top). :)

@PalmArrow I wouldn't mind Oxford or Cambridge either, or even one of the European universities for a change.

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I'd like for them to bring back the unique charm each university offers like the Sims 2. Offer us different "worlds" for each university with its own theme and style.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    They should definitely add more variety. Or make it so we can make the university how we want. And I agree @Simburian they should definitely toss out the whole sorority thing and open it up to using the club system. I never utilized the system in either the sims 2 and 3. But with the club system the option can still be there for those who do want sororities and fraternities
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".