Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    31/8/2019 Update

Yay! Four more children! We’ve had a single child and triplets so far.

Matriarch: May Tree Arch
    Total Children: 8
    Generation 1

M Micah YA (Moved Out)
    F/F Ruby & Sapphire TEEN
    F Lapis Lazuli CHILD
    M Jasper TODDLER
    F/F/M Peridot, Diamond and Topaz BABY

This is going to be hard with a full house and three constantly crying babies.

Wow, it took me until like 50 kids in before I got triplets haha.
    Also, I have a baby named Diamond but not in my 100 baby save file, in a diff one :)

Oh I must have been lucky then, it’s cool we both have had diamonds at some point!
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    Whilst I’m here, does anyone have suggestions for baby names?

I’m going with gemstone baby names like Diamond, Ruby and Sapphire.
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2019

Opal, Garnet, Emerald, Jade, Pearl, Agate, Amber, Ameythst, Jasper, Peridot, Beryl, Topaz, Onyx (I've used most those before, haha! I love gemstone names :D )
    edited August 2019
    Also are you interested in variations? There are things like Alexandrite, or Morganite that I mean, you could use but Morgan and Alexander would probably sound better haha.
    Also "Tiffany Stone", or "Tiger Iron" "Vivianite"

• Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2019

Ruby is one of my character's names, and one of MY 100 baby challenge names! She was a triplet too :p I had two sets of triplet before, one all girls, one all boys. XD
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    Not so much progress, but I've been playing my other save. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing the 100 baby challenge, because I find myself putting candles on the cake after they aged up & using the randomizer for their traits XD

Update for 8/30/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 36 children so far.
    Mother: N/A, Father: N/A
    Pregnant with Diego Lobo's baby
    Adrianna has approximately 19 days into elderhood
    They live in their second house.
    Children so far:
    29 children moved out
    1 teen (Vera)
    2 children (Messiah & Zara)
    2 toddlers (Angelina & Brianna)
    0 babies
    36 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it for yesterday.
  • Ashley745Ashley745 Posts: 297 Member
    Sadly it has been about a month since I've gotten to play, but I'm hoping to get to play some this weekend starting later tonight. Before I start playing again, I wanted to go ahead and post what updates I do have.
    Blaine became a young adult and finally moved out after helping Kayla complete the Successful Lineage aspiration.

vZadAVM.png

For those wondering like I was, you don't have to get your child to level 10 to reach the top of their career. Just to the part where the career branches out. I also tried to see if the freelance career worked for this with Olivia since she was a vampire and didn't need sleep, but it never counted.

Speaking of Olivia, she aged up and moved out too.

PC6o26H.png

Noah, whose father was Neptune Prism, has also aged up and moved out of the house.

7qTVUbu.png

Mason, father was Melbourne Bennett, is a teenager

yT0ya00.png

Valerie is now a child

6XlVsZ3.png

Donor #20 was Larimar Prism. (from @SalemSvartulv )

GUpn0DK.png

They had a son together, Landon who is currently a toddler.

dB4Exa7.png

Kayla got abducted by aliens for the first time right after Landon was born. Had my fingers crossed that she would return pregnant but it didn't happen.

TRaDy1y.png

ZAYYiul.png

So we moved on to Donor #21, Armand Diaggro. I played this around the time that Sims received a new look and wanted to use some of the originals in the challenge. So far, Kayla has only run into Armand.

ihWKaFB.png

They had twin girls, Alicia and Autumn who are still babies. I'm really excited to see what they look like. I'm hoping they get some of their dad's unique features.

Kayla is currently pregnant with Baby #28
    Check out my stories
    Andrews Legacy (Currently on Gen 3)
    Christy's 100 Baby Challenge
    Robinson Collab Legacy (Currently on Gen 2)
    Ashley745 wrote: »
    Sadly it has been about a month since I've gotten to play, but I'm hoping to get to play some this weekend starting later tonight. Before I start playing again, I wanted to go ahead and post what updates I do have.
    Blaine became a young adult and finally moved out after helping Kayla complete the Successful Lineage aspiration.

vZadAVM.png

For those wondering like I was, you don't have to get your child to level 10 to reach the top of their career. Just to the part where the career branches out. I also tried to see if the freelance career worked for this with Olivia since she was a vampire and didn't need sleep, but it never counted.

Speaking of Olivia, she aged up and moved out too.

PC6o26H.png

Noah, whose father was Neptune Prism, has also aged up and moved out of the house.

7qTVUbu.png

Mason, father was Melbourne Bennett, is a teenager

yT0ya00.png

Valerie is now a child

6XlVsZ3.png

Donor #20 was Larimar Prism. (from @SalemSvartulv )

GUpn0DK.png

They had a son together, Landon who is currently a toddler.

dB4Exa7.png

Kayla got abducted by aliens for the first time right after Landon was born. Had my fingers crossed that she would return pregnant but it didn't happen.

TRaDy1y.png

ZAYYiul.png

So we moved on to Donor #21, Armand Diaggro. I played this around the time that Sims received a new look and wanted to use some of the originals in the challenge. So far, Kayla has only run into Armand.

ihWKaFB.png

They had twin girls, Alicia and Autumn who are still babies. I'm really excited to see what they look like. I'm hoping they get some of their dad's unique features.

Kayla is currently pregnant with Baby #28

Yay! Glad to see you back. And Mason doesnt look a thing like his dad, my Melbourne haha! He def. has his mum's genetics!
    Wow I wasn’t suspecting so many name suggestions. I’ll definitely be using Alexandrite!
    Meep
    Yay! Glad to see you back. And Mason doesnt look a thing like his dad, my Melbourne haha! He def. has his mum's genetics!

I know. I was disappointed that he didn't have more of Melbourne's genetics. Kayla's genes are just to strong, especially on her sons it seems. There is a little more variety with her daughters

Check out my stories
    Wow I wasn’t suspecting so many name suggestions. I’ll definitely be using Alexandrite!

Haha :D Thanks. And glad I could help :D Can't wait to find out what you end up using from the list haha :)

I know. I was disappointed that he didn't have more of Melbourne's genetics. Kayla's genes are just to strong, especially on her sons it seems. There is a little more variety with her daughters

Haha they are super strong indeed! Although Flynn did look like Felix, even if he still ended up with Kayla's skin tone and hair colour hahaha!
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Toddlers and Babies CAN get hard. With toddlers, Keep fresh fruit and veggies in their inventory. THey can eat those really fast and get happy moodlets from doing so. do NOT have high chairs in your homes. Tots can eat anything your Sim makes. Just leave it on a counter or table for them.

I always get 1 high chair because for some reason my toddlers glitch out if they can't ask for food and if there is no high chair, they can't ask for food. I never leave food out because it always goes bad. The game used to have a glitch where the sims would leave the toddlers in the high chair but it has been fixed to allow for the toddlers to call someone for help, so just in case one gets put in the high chair and I haven't noticed it isn't the end of the world for that toddler.

Spam the "Watch" friendly interaction from a toddler. They can watch each other, watch adults, watch kids, watch whoever. This raises thinking super fast. Increased thinking skills decreases nightmares. So do nightlights. Have the Coolala defender nightlight if you can, it gets rid of monsters under the beds when they become kids.

Another thing that helps with thinking skill is spam the toddler with "What's that?" on anything that has that option. For some reason those stupid nightlights are not working for me in my save. I have no idea why.

Fizzstix wrote: »
    Toddlers and Babies CAN get hard. With toddlers, Keep fresh fruit and veggies in their inventory. THey can eat those really fast and get happy moodlets from doing so. do NOT have high chairs in your homes. Tots can eat anything your Sim makes. Just leave it on a counter or table for them.

I always get 1 high chair because for some reason my toddlers glitch out if they can't ask for food and if there is no high chair, they can't ask for food. I never leave food out because it always goes bad. The game used to have a glitch where the sims would leave the toddlers in the high chair but it has been fixed to allow for the toddlers to call someone for help, so just in case one gets put in the high chair and I haven't noticed it isn't the end of the world for that toddler.

Spam the "Watch" friendly interaction from a toddler. They can watch each other, watch adults, watch kids, watch whoever. This raises thinking super fast. Increased thinking skills decreases nightmares. So do nightlights. Have the Coolala defender nightlight if you can, it gets rid of monsters under the beds when they become kids.

Another thing that helps with thinking skill is spam the toddler with "What's that?" on anything that has that option. For some reason those stupid nightlights are not working for me in my save. I have no idea why.

Haha high chairs are very glitch for me. No worries of kids being left in too long. it's more a problem with getting them in long enough to eat. As soon as someone sticks a kid in one someone else picks them up and takes them out. I just open the fridge put food on the counter have the kids help themselves to a serving, and then put it back in the fridge. and I also keep them stocked up with harvestable since those never spoil. That's weird about the night light. Did you double check it's the coolala defender one one. If it is maybe try placing closer to the bed? Otherwise I have no idea but we've never had an issue since we got them. Def sounds like a glitch for you if they aren't working.

Yes "what's that" works good too but i found it isn't Quite as fast so I normally stick with watch now. However it's a fantastic second option.

Also playing or wrestling with kids is great for raising movement skills
    edited September 2019
    @SimAlexandria Yea it is the right night light. I actually have 2 of them in the room. right above the beds. But now that I think of it. I am using bunk beds it is always the top bunk that has the monster. I bet the night light doesn't function for the top beds.

I haven't tried using the watch sim option all that often. I will give that one a go.

Also, I am soo behind on sharing pictures. I believe the last pictures I had shared were up to baby #7... I am actually up to #16. I have paused playing my game so I can catch up on editing my screen shot pictures so I can get them caught up with sharing. Honestly though, I paused playing my 100 baby game for a while though. I tend to do that when new expansions/game packs and what not come out because I don't want my save file to get messed up with mods/cc getting broken. I recently went back to playing them and love the family so much. I know my 1st gen is only up to #16, but she's done so well for money that there is no worry at all in that department. I loved the house that I managed to furnish/renovate that I put it on the gallery and moved it to Sulani. I love that world so much. Hopefully I'll be able to share some more of my little family soon.
    @SimAlexandria Yea it is the right night light. I actually have 2 of them in the room. right above the beds. But now that I think of it. I am using bunk beds it is always the top bunk that has the monster. I bet the night light doesn't function for the top beds.

I haven't tried using the watch sim option all that often. I will give that one a go.

Also, I am soo behind on sharing pictures. I believe the last pictures I had shared were up to baby #7... I am actually up to #16. I have paused playing my game so I can catch up on editing my screen shot pictures so I can get them caught up with sharing. Honestly though, I paused playing my 100 baby game for a while though. I tend to do that when new expansions/game packs and what not come out because I don't want my save file to get messed up with mods/cc getting broken. I recently went back to playing them and love the family so much. I know my 1st gen is only up to #16, but she's done so well for money that there is no worry at all in that department. I loved the house that I managed to furnish/renovate that I put it on the gallery and moved it to Sulani. I love that world so much. Hopefully I'll be able to share some more of my little family soon.

Oh probably, cuz that must be CC right? I don't think there's any bunk beds in the game. So yeah they wouldn't be programed to work for it probably.

I'm not using mods or CC in my game now. I used CC for all of one day, downloading a ton I liked, only to discover I didn't like using it after all lol. Too much to bother with. So I deleted it after an hour in game. Mods I have a few I like but I've stopped using in my 100 baby file, simply because there's some I don't want in the file (like MCCC which causes way too many relatives to be born, making me not know who is related for baby dads and making too much deaths for sims we don't know lol) and it's easier to just turn mods off for the file than to keep removing and putting only certain mods back into my fild haha.

Question for CC users though. Does CC have to be updated every patch/pack like mods do? I wouldn't think they would, but I keep hearing ppl saying about the issues CC causes. I was thinking about having one CC folder just for one save as there's a few cute toddler furniture items and MM hair styles that I like. But yeah, I don't want to bother updating it. It's annoying enough doing it with mods.
    Rock became a child
    oKNDjFy.png

Twins Sun & Rain are toddlers. There's a chance little Rain doesn't enjoy photoshoots lol!
    sB2xuJd.png
    @SimAlexandria I love the picture of Sun and Rain. Especially little Rain's face. Adorable
    Check out my stories
    Oh probably, cuz that must be CC right? I don't think there's any bunk beds in the game. So yeah they wouldn't be programed to work for it probably.

I'm not using mods or CC in my game now. I used CC for all of one day, downloading a ton I liked, only to discover I didn't like using it after all lol. Too much to bother with. So I deleted it after an hour in game. Mods I have a few I like but I've stopped using in my 100 baby file, simply because there's some I don't want in the file (like MCCC which causes way too many relatives to be born, making me not know who is related for baby dads and making too much deaths for sims we don't know lol) and it's easier to just turn mods off for the file than to keep removing and putting only certain mods back into my fild haha.

Question for CC users though. Does CC have to be updated every patch/pack like mods do? I wouldn't think they would, but I keep hearing ppl saying about the issues CC causes. I was thinking about having one CC folder just for one save as there's a few cute toddler furniture items and MM hair styles that I like. But yeah, I don't want to bother updating it. It's annoying enough doing it with mods.

Yes, the bunk beds are CC. I like using them because they take up less space. I guess it is only mildly annoying with the monster because it is half the time the monster would show up since it works for the bottom beds, but not the top beds. I will just have to remember to assign to the bottom bunks before the top bunks.

I can not play sims without the mccc mod. I love the story progression the mod gives. There are some CC that needs to be updated. It depends on how it interacts with the game.
    @SimAlexandria I love the picture of Sun and Rain. Especially little Rain's face. Adorable

I usually do a few poses until I get my kids both looking happy or at least a decent photo but I loved his little grumpy expression too much that I left it haha! It just gives him so much more personality I think lol!

Yes, the bunk beds are CC. I like using them because they take up less space. I guess it is only mildly annoying with the monster because it is half the time the monster would show up since it works for the bottom beds, but not the top beds. I will just have to remember to assign to the bottom bunks before the top bunks.

I can not play sims without the mccc mod. I love the story progression the mod gives. There are some CC that needs to be updated. It depends on how it interacts with the game.

Thanks :) Mostly if I did do CC it'd probably be a couple hair styles and clothes but I don't think I'll bother.

The mod I miss most to be honesst when I play without is "release all ghosts" from one tombstone haha. For MCCC I miss turning off all occults more than the actual story progression. I do like story progression too, but I don't mind either way.

My most used mods in other files are the live in daycare and foster care mods. Also the one for more realistic mourning time periods when a Sim dies. But I don't think I will be adding them back into this particular save file now before finishing. I've gotten used to playing this one without now since I turned them off again a month or so ago and I think I prefer it for this challenge haha.
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    This challenge is NOT EASY... BY ANY MEANS. My poor sim at 6 was falling asleep doing everything possible. It was so rough.
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
    Thanks :) Mostly if I did do CC it'd probably be a couple hair styles and clothes but I don't think I'll bother.

The mod I miss most to be honesst when I play without is "release all ghosts" from one tombstone haha. For MCCC I miss turning off all occults more than the actual story progression. I do like story progression too, but I don't mind either way.

My most used mods in other files are the live in daycare and foster care mods. Also the one for more realistic mourning time periods when a Sim dies. But I don't think I will be adding them back into this particular save file now before finishing. I've gotten used to playing this one without now since I turned them off again a month or so ago and I think I prefer it for this challenge haha.

I have found that typically hair and clothes haven't given me any trouble with needing updating after patches. I have never released ghosts. I actually like the ghosts in the game. In my previous 100 baby save file (the one that I abandoned) .. I attempted to make sure all baby daddies and relatives... passed children and children's children's died on my lot so I could acquire the headstone and make a little grave yard of them. (is that weird? lol) It got a little hard to keep track of who was about to die when and then try to keep them on the lot or at least very near by. As for when it comes to them mourning when someone dies in my current game.. I just keep spamming them to give themselves a pep talk or cry it out to bring it down as quick as possible.

When you turn off the occults are you trying to make it so the vampires and aliens don't spawn in your game at all? if so, there is a way you can turn off those packs before you load up your game. If that is what you are wanting to do.. let me know and I'll find the link to explain how to do that. It is not with a mod.

I have found that typically hair and clothes haven't given me any trouble with needing updating after patches. I have never released ghosts. I actually like the ghosts in the game. In my previous 100 baby save file (the one that I abandoned) .. I attempted to make sure all baby daddies and relatives... passed children and children's children's died on my lot so I could acquire the headstone and make a little grave yard of them. (is that weird? lol) It got a little hard to keep track of who was about to die when and then try to keep them on the lot or at least very near by. As for when it comes to them mourning when someone dies in my current game.. I just keep spamming them to give themselves a pep talk or cry it out to bring it down as quick as possible.

When you turn off the occults are you trying to make it so the vampires and aliens don't spawn in your game at all? if so, there is a way you can turn off those packs before you load up your game. If that is what you are wanting to do.. let me know and I'll find the link to explain how to do that. It is not with a mod.

I don't want aliens at all, I haven't even bought the vampires because I don't want them in my game haha. It's the only pack I don't own So that one's not an issue. the problem with aliens is that I don't want to turn off get to work because I like to have all the babies in a hospital so I can get the birth certificate, not to mention she's met a few baby daddy doctors that way haha. But thank you! I wouldn't mind learning how to do that anyways for the future and other save files
    I had to laugh about the graveyard. I think it would be extremely hard to keep track of who is about to die for sure. But weren't the ghost always breaking your appliances? LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top