Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Serious Harry Potter/Dr Who vibes

Glad I am not the only one who thought of Doctor who for a moment. That one shot of the town: houses in space with no visible/sci-fi explanation how it is done. Totally Dr who. But a scene later, that feeling is already gone.
    AwkwardElf wrote: »
    This one might be a real gamechanger... hoping to finally be able to create Sims with pointy ears ! :D

That would be a cool addition. One of the few mods I have are the alien ears unlocked for all sims.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I agree with Celticgamer0 & Atreya33. The Magic World does have a Doctor Who vibe, it remindes me of when Matt Smith that played Dr. Who took Clara to this unusual planet that had parts of it just floating in space and the people lived there & there were shops. Don't remember the name of the Episode but it had a little girl as a Queen of the planet.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I agree with Celticgamer0 & Atreya33. The Magic World does have a Doctor Who vibe, it remindes me of when Matt Smith that played Dr. Who took Clara to this unusual planet that had parts of it just floating in space and the people lived there & there were shops. Don't remember the name of the Episode but it had a little girl as a Queen of the planet.

I remember that episode. The name was 'The Rings of Akhaten' if I am not mistaken.
  • PureGold144KPureGold144K Posts: 23 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong, but ATREYA33's pic looks like she is a little girl, who is queen of the world that she is on. Hahaha!
    I AM the One and Only King! Ahayah is the name.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hmm I might get this pack if I can finally complete the bundle option on Origin and it's a good deal or I find a great sale. Otherwise I'll wait.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • PureGold144KPureGold144K Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2019
    In-game effects would really be unique in The Sims 4. Something like you can obtain in The Sims Moblie from Izzy's fashion shop. Sparkles, flames, glowing energy balls, etc.
    Post edited by PureGold144K on
    I AM the One and Only King! Ahayah is the name.
  • ilovespecklesilovespeckles Posts: 2 New Member
    Plumbella is quaking
  • MaelenMaelen Posts: 2 New Member
    YES!!! This is what I was waiting for!!!
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »

Friday..? What's happening Friday? (I assume it means NEXT Friday.)

I think the livestream will be on Friday (6th).

wAIT WHAT LIVESTREAM
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Friday..? What's happening Friday? (I assume it means NEXT Friday.)

I think the livestream will be on Friday (6th).

wAIT WHAT LIVESTREAM

There will be a livestream on sept. 6th, in which the gurus will showcase us gameplay and the new worlds.
  • LunarBLunarB Posts: 6 New Member
    Just when I though playing Sims4 couldn't get any better, Realm of Magic is coming! I am stoked!
  • minimimumminimimum Posts: 26 Member
    Finally, can't wait!
  • LostLambLostLamb Posts: 26 Member
    Just in time for Halloween!!!! Yeee!
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I remember that episode. The name was 'The Rings of Akhaten' if I am not mistaken.

this episode its so good! i love drwho too despite seeing a middle space vibe I feel the sensation of magic pulling into a British culture rather than space. Also do you remember in supernatural we have some teleport object whats remember of TARDIS. Love these references, in the oasis world we also have a parody of amy and rory
    LunarB wrote: »
    Just when I though playing Sims4 couldn't get any better, Realm of Magic is coming! I am stoked!
    minimimum wrote: »
    Finally, can't wait!
    LostLamb wrote: »
    Just in time for Halloween!!!! Yeee!

YES. YES. And YES.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    AwkwardElf wrote: »
    This one might be a real gamechanger... hoping to finally be able to create Sims with pointy ears ! :D

Are you willing to use a mod? The one I use allows you to stretch the ears to the desired size.
    47612150022_f645bb4836_z.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MenelicaCyganicaMenelicaCyganica Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not a very fan of magic, but this is awesome
  • LukasCreatesSimsLukasCreatesSims Posts: 75 Member
    I'm so sososososososoo excited for this pack!!! I've been pumping out witch/spell caster creations since the announcement :D
  • TaratagoreTaratagore Posts: 15 Member
    I am super excited for it !! I have been building and creating sims for it non stop heh
    IT IS THE MONTH OF REALM OF MAGIC

9 MORE DAYS

MORE
    DAYS
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    One question. The developers stated we could only have one active familiar at a time. That’s perfectly in tune with the new familiars, but what if the player assigns his/her cat or dog as a familiar? Will that block him/her from summoning other familiars at all, will the cat/dog temporarily lose its status as a familiar, or will he/she be allowed to have 2 active at a time (with one being a cat or dog)?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    One question. The developers stated we could only have one active familiar at a time. That’s perfectly in tune with the new familiars, but what if the player assigns his/her cat or dog as a familiar? Will that block him/her from summoning other familiars at all, will the cat/dog temporarily lose its status as a familiar, or will he/she be allowed to have 2 active at a time (with one being a cat or dog)?

The way I understand it:

You can have as many familiars as you want bound to your Sim and summoning one of them to be active doesn't affect the status of the others.
    So if you have, say, 3 of the Spellcaster familiars and one cat, they're all bound to you. Summoning the cat makes it active and will not change anything about the others bound to your Sim. Then when you summon one of the other familiars to be active, the cat returns to, well, being a cat. Still a familiar but no longer active.
    An active familiar is one that can deflect spells in battle and protect your SIm (and maybe other things which we don't yet know about).

But I'm still curious about cats and dogs: since the RoM familiars don't have needs & can't be controlled (other than being summoned), I wonder if cats and dogs that are made into familiars will lose their usual household spot & become like the RoM familiars. *chomps at the bit for more info*
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I believe you can have only one summoned at a time not have like 3 but one is 'active'
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • HakkureSimmerHakkureSimmer Posts: 12 New Member
    It looks amazing!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top