Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I imagine TWEEN/PRETEENS in the SIMS

2...Next

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I imagine Preteens a lot like you do, but as an occult player, I have a lot of things to add.

First of all, if a Preteen is an occult, they should be able to do a few small things, with occasional big things that they can't control. Almost as if they're learning to control they're powers. Like, for example, a preteen vampire would need to drink plasma, but on occasion they'd suddenly turn into a bat. A preteen mermaid should have a tail and hydration need, but would sometimes get their tail on land and fall flat on the ground or in the shower or something. A preteen alien should be able to wipe peoples minds, because they randomly go into their alien form. And because of this, preteen occults can have a special skill that helps them to better control their powers, and once they are halfway through they gain perfect control and when they max it they can have teen/adult powers.

Edit: And make sure there's a way to turn this off, because it'll for sure be annoying to some people.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    simimp wrote: »
    It looks like an interesting idea, only she looks a bit tall for a preteen. But I guess height in TS4 has always been wonky anyway. I know they most likely won't ever add this phase of life to the game but if I could contribute an idea, mine would be growing pains, like an uncomfortable moodlet that lasts for an hour or so and happens every few days at random. I also definitely agree with @ChadSims2 about pimples, embarrassment, etc for teens. Maybe it doesn't necessarily have to be for parenthood, but knowing EA, it probably would be.

If they do include growing pains, perhaps make it random, as I don't remember having them when I grew up.
  • Sophie_QueenSophie_Queen Posts: 2 New Member
    There is the body preset by redhead sims for children, makes the girls curvier!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    In concept drawings of early Sims 4 they showed the child age Sims as both younger child (6-9) and the pre-teen - and actually went with the pre-teen (age 10-12). So technically our Sims child is a pre-teen as they are considered about 10. Back after the Sims 4 was announced one of the artists shared their concept drawings and said this - so technically the Sims 4 has pre-teens, they don't have the younger child like they were in Sims 2 and 3. That is why the sims kids act older and sit around talking and such instead of doing much like play tags and things young kids would do. I also think this is why they made our adorable toddlers as 2& 1/2-3 years old instead of Sims 2 and 3 toddlers that were 12-24 months.

Of course some simmers think of their sims kids as younger and dress them younger but by design and the concept drawing your Sims child is a pre-teen. I play all my Sims 4 child age as pre-teens, because of it.

There is the problem to me... Kids should be playing around, playing tag, etc... Maybe they could update the current sims to be preteens, and then add the real kids to the game.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I still think the jump from toddler to a school-aged kid is worse and would prefer a pre-school kid (age 3-6) life stage over something between a child and a teen. The only problem with teens in TS4 comes from the fact they look 16+ which makes the jump sudden.
    A preteen would still go to school, still do homework, it'd just be a different height and a mix of child and teen gameplay.
    A pre-school child would have more changes: can use a toilet, can shower, can eat on chairs, could potentially go to kindergarten, could use a mix of toddler and child toys, and has more interactions than a toddler.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I get it some players think preteens are a waste of resources I feel the same about witches mermaids and many other features people want but you forget its not a "waste of resources" for everyone just you as its not something you want. I have wanted preteens since before release of the Sims 4 and dont feel teens or children can even come close to filling the gap nor giving the features to either of these life stages would make me happy as it would just look wrong.
    Witches/mermaids are not comparable to preteens in sense of who's depth suggestion. All preteen is a combination of child and teen interactions, while mermaids/witches have completely unique interactions from different Sims. The only reason people desire preteens so much is due to their height I would assume.

I don't really get why they had make teens look older than they actually are. Honestly, the best execution would have made them 'grow up' in height after waking up before they half way there to becoming adults.

because people hated it that they needed 3 different sets of clothes: child, teen and then adult set of clothes because of the different height?

@MadameLee Your point being? I genuinely don't get it or what has clothing have to do with anything, when I was talking about live mode features. May you clarify?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I get it some players think preteens are a waste of resources I feel the same about witches mermaids and many other features people want but you forget its not a "waste of resources" for everyone just you as its not something you want. I have wanted preteens since before release of the Sims 4 and dont feel teens or children can even come close to filling the gap nor giving the features to either of these life stages would make me happy as it would just look wrong.
    Witches/mermaids are not comparable to preteens in sense of who's depth suggestion. All preteen is a combination of child and teen interactions, while mermaids/witches have completely unique interactions from different Sims. The only reason people desire preteens so much is due to their height I would assume.

I don't really get why they had make teens look older than they actually are. Honestly, the best execution would have made them 'grow up' in height after waking up before they half way there to becoming adults.

because people hated it that they needed 3 different sets of clothes: child, teen and then adult set of clothes because of the different height?

@MadameLee Your point being? I genuinely don't get it or what has clothing have to do with anything, when I was talking about live mode features. May you clarify?

I think she refers to the Sims in TS3 who had 3 different sets of clothes due to their height. Children, teens, adults and elders couldn't wear the same clothes due to their height/body structure. While teens and elders had most of the same clothing items as adults, we couldn't have the exact same clothes for everyone. Certain tops, shoes, outfits, etc. wasn't available to teens and elders. Now, teens to elders can all wear the exact same clothes, so that's probably why teens to elders are the same height now. With that said, I wish teens were shorter and looked more like 13-15 year olds. It would have been great for each life stage to feel really unique and special - now only toddlers and children really feel that way to me.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

It means that fewer clothing options are released with each pack, for each age.
    Instead of getting several teen/YA/adult/elder outfits, plus a couple for kids, and one or two for toddlers, each age gets fewer options.
    In TS2, YA outfits weren't for teens, nor adults, nor elders, as a result, the options for each age were very limited. TS3 was a little better, but not much.

Too much size variation between ages, reduces the amount of clothing they have time to make for each age. With TS4, by making teen/YA/adult/elder all the same size, all these ages get to share all their clothing options, giving sims of these ages a much wider variety of outfits than you see for children or toddlers.

If tweens were added, they'd have a tiny variety of outfits.
    If teens were made shorter, they'd have a tiny variety of outfits.
    If elders were made drastically different in body shape, they'd have a tiny variety of outfits.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

It means that fewer clothing options are released with each pack, for each age.
    Instead of getting several teen/YA/adult/elder outfits, plus a couple for kids, and one or two for toddlers, each age gets fewer options.
    In TS2, YA outfits weren't for teens, nor adults, nor elders, as a result, the options for each age were very limited. TS3 was a little better, but not much.

Too much size variation between ages, reduces the amount of clothing they have time to make for each age. With TS4, by making teen/YA/adult/elder all the same size, all these ages get to share all their clothing options, giving sims of these ages a much wider variety of outfits than you see for children or toddlers.

If tweens were added, they'd have a tiny variety of outfits.
    If teens were made shorter, they'd have a tiny variety of outfits.
    If elders were made drastically different in body shape, they'd have a tiny variety of outfits.
    Its not like we get much clothing anyway if people are more worried about a few more ugly outfits over new game play that can be added by a new life stage that's their problem. But EA is cheap so they will most likely get the limited game they want so they can enjoy their outfits and careers over real expanding of the game with the Sims themselves.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I think Preteens can be made in the game now then like a few years ago I mean the gurus kept telling us they can't make swings and lounge chairs for the longest now we have swings and lounge chairs. Also they are making stuff in these packs that are blowing my mind especially Seasons I didn't expect a lot of things to come in seasons and I was impressed also with island living. So I'm hopeful with Preteens if not in this game then you'll definitely hear my voice for Preteens in Sims 5 if/ when we get Sims 5.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I much rather have teens become and get the fair share ideas from preteen suggestions. Sure, the transition between a child to instant 16+ year old tower bloke is weird, but what's done is do. Whoever ideas / approval was to make them indistinguishably from adults, should have taken test to guest 50 "Is this a teen or adult? (a image of teen/adult Sim in exact height)" questions right. Jokingly or not, If their score ended up below %50 (certainty would) should been instantly fired/demoted for idiot proposal.

Since their body shape is set in stone, and based how often Devs groan to do advance stuff like simple toilet stalls that I don't see another height being included, let alone another life span, the solution would be is to add onto Teens. In the beginnings of the life span, teens should start showcasing things of earlier adolescent (voice crack, teen angst, first love struck, etc. - you name) than slowly mature as the days past (as they age). Not that I believe Maxis will bring such thing, but if they do it would be excellent. Teens lack prominent to their life stage interactions, idling animations, enhanced autonomous behavior, social interactions, voice, and amongst other things that would be exclusive and help the player identify them in the environment.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    Welp, I make my own teenager height and body structure. Here are the renders! :)

ArzWRsw.png

NPUvUY1.png
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Welp, I make my own teenager height and body structure. Here are the renders! :)

ArzWRsw.png

NPUvUY1.png

Awesome.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    NPUvUY1.png
    The Goth's pic is everything I want with this game gradual height changes the size of the daughter would work perfectly for a preteen and would make the transition into the adult sized teen we have now so much better opening up many story possibilities.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    In concept drawings of early Sims 4 they showed the child age Sims as both younger child (6-9) and the pre-teen - and actually went with the pre-teen (age 10-12). So technically our Sims child is a pre-teen as they are considered about 10. Back after the Sims 4 was announced one of the artists shared their concept drawings and said this - so technically the Sims 4 has pre-teens, they don't have the younger child like they were in Sims 2 and 3. That is why the sims kids act older and sit around talking and such instead of doing much like play tags and things young kids would do. I also think this is why they made our adorable toddlers as 2& 1/2-3 years old instead of Sims 2 and 3 toddlers that were 12-24 months.

Of course some simmers think of their sims kids as younger and dress them younger but by design and the concept drawing your Sims child is a pre-teen. I play all my Sims 4 child age as pre-teens, because of it.

Oooooooo! You're probably right this actually makes sense. But if that was the case they should not have made the "preteens" look 7 lol.
    I'm going to keep treating them like they're 7 because that's what they look like.

And if they are suppose to be preteens then kids are missing because I still want to see my children running around playing tag. And it leaves adults teens and preteens barely distinguishable from eachother. Because they all like to sit around and talk 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I would just like my teen Sims to be shorter than adults. It may not be realistic, but it would make it much easier to determine the Sim's age. So what if they look 13 instead of 19? Toddlers don't look anywhere near the child state either. It doesn't have to be super gradual if you ask me. As it is now, teen is way too close to YA for my liking. Especially teen boys have the weirdest torso and legs ever, unless you edit them :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We need height slides in CAS.