Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

yes but FAIRIES. and WEREWOLVES. ALONG WITH WITCHES.

I CALL THAT BALANCED!

(also, you can turn off the lunar cycle in settings, so.)

Eh there were so many monster races introduced in it none of em had much to do. And you get bonuses on a full moon so being forced to turn it off is friggen annoying

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Not_HumanoidNot_Humanoid Posts: 39 Member
    This is the most excited I've been for a pack since I had enough money to get Parenthood.
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Yesss... as I am excited for all the familiars and everything else in the pack.

it is drawing closer to September 10th...

the pack cometh...

I think your more hyper for it then me and that's quite an accomplishment

I can't even imagine what my reaction would have been had I been playing TS3 when Supernatural came out...

I nearly passed out
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    HEHEHEEHEHEHEHE im gonna make peppa pig a witch
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Serious Harry Potter/Dr Who vibes
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Anybody know the name of the TrailerSim? :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Anybody know the name of the TrailerSim? :)

I wish...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • PureGold144KPureGold144K Posts: 23 Member
    Judging from the trailer. The content that The Sims Realm of Magic will bring is interesting to discover.

In the world of mysticism, much is known about the witch and her big cauldron of toil and trouble. Everything from potion-making, to gory pursuits of sacrifices, even and snatching up little kiddos to put in her cauldron. Your typical bedtime stories framed around a reality of truth.

To experience how the realm of magic is incorporated into the world of The Sims will be interesting. To learn the depth of knowledge coupled with the level of gameplay dynamics.

Something else of interest to me pertaining to The Sims 4 Realm of Magic release. Is to the effect that magic has on the positive and negative aspects of spiritual powers.

In the trailer, the individuals who already possessed knowledge and magical powers were attacking those who did not. As soon as the individual managed to have their magical powers unlocked, they immediately began to attack the people around them.
    I AM the One and Only King! Ahayah is the name.
    @PureGold144K This is based off Charmed and Harry Potter not Baba Yaga and Grimm Fairy Tales... This game is fairly light hearted and there isn't even any blood in the game without mods...
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Eh it wasn't that fun and zombie apocalypse once a week that destroys all your plants unless you downloaded peashooters is just annoying as heck...

Interesting to see the game developers put a gameplay feature in the game mechanics that is not so appealing to the audience. Having an apocalypse where zombies rush in and destroy your Sims habitations and even you can be a real tizzy! That is not common in most traditional stories regarding the Supernatural.

Zombies do exist in Supernatural. They are ones with skin that is decaying. The actual zombie apocalypse with peashooters seems more like a panic mode that is forced upon the Sims who live in their world. Something that the invisible hand that is behind the scenes is driving.

Totally not Fun for those who are not properly equipped with the wisdom to learn what to do in those times!
    Serious Harry Potter/Dr Who vibes

Dr Who..?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Eh it wasn't that fun and zombie apocalypse once a week that destroys all your plants unless you downloaded peashooters is just annoying as heck...

Interesting to see the game developers put a gameplay feature in the game mechanics that is not so appealing to the audience. Having an apocalypse where zombies rush in and destroy your Sims habitations and even you can be a real tizzy! That is not common in most traditional stories regarding the Supernatural.

Zombies do exist in Supernatural. They are ones with skin that is decaying. The actual zombie apocalypse with peashooters seems more like a panic mode that is forced upon the Sims who live in their world. Something that the invisible hand that is behind the scenes is driving.

Totally not Fun for those who are not properly equipped with the wisdom to learn what to do in those times!

lol I saw those zombies in S3 once (they appear every month at full moon I believe) and used a mod to get rid of them completely :)
    Anyone else interested in the 'splash' page? Like on main menu for c/d you get a vet examining a bulldog and got the owners talking amongst themselves
    edited August 2019
    The in-game effects from Izzy's Fashion shop for The Sims Mobile would be excellent to incorporate into The Sims 4.
    I am sure a lot of the creations would look real zazz with a rainbow over their heads, a pulsing ball of energy, or radiant aura encompassing them.
  • AwkwardElfAwkwardElf Posts: 18 Member
    This one might be a real gamechanger... hoping to finally be able to create Sims with pointy ears ! :D
    AnxiousPeacefulBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif
    AwkwardElf wrote: »
    This one might be a real gamechanger... hoping to finally be able to create Sims with pointy ears ! :D

Pointy ears, round heads, and awkward eyes!
    Gotta give place for the mole and bat people. o:)
    edited August 2019
    The Realm of Magic really does open up a lot of possibilities!

To be able to have global magical powers where you can cause catastrophic calamities to the inhabitants of the land.
    Powers where you cause natural disasters to happen in order to perplex the Sims who live in certain areas. In lieu of that, your Sims are not able to restock their refrigerators and must turn to foraging and harvesting edibles to keep their energy up and not starve for a set number of days. No Sim police or fire department help is available during these events.

An event that affects the town almost like the zombie raid during the full moon in Supernatural.
    HEHEHEEHEHEHEHE im gonna make peppa pig a witch

Now that will be a challenge to accomplish.
    Dance a jig! For gothiclandgrabbs made Peppa the Pig a Witch!
    When all else fails hum a tune! Do de run er me.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Anyone else interested in the 'splash' page? Like on main menu for c/d you get a vet examining a bulldog and got the owners talking amongst themselves

YES! It's gonna be amazing! I think it'll either be a duel or some spellcasters brewing potions at a cauldron.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member

Friday..? What's happening Friday? (I assume it means NEXT Friday.)
    @Pinmat135 Most likely just a gif from RoM gameplay and the friday just means whose excited it's the weekend
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member

Friday..? What's happening Friday? (I assume it means NEXT Friday.)

I think the livestream will be on Friday (6th).
    I'm more inclined just a "It's the weekend!" thing then anything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top