Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Realm of Magic?

Comments

• gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe
    I've entered like 50 different giveaways, so hopefully I won't have to since I'm super broke. I'd feel buyer's remorse if I spent money on a game right now, even though I really want this pack.

I would still probably buy it on a sale if I lost all of the giveaways, which... is likely.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    No
    Nope. I'm not into occults and supernatural stuff. But I'm happy for the people who've been waiting for something like this. :)

Same,
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    This is only the second pack in Sims 4 I've had peps for, no, make that 3, Seasons, Vampires and this one, and I cannot wait. Like several have said, I have been waiting for this since S4 was released. Supernatural in Sims 3 was one of my most favorites and now, finally, we will have magic in Sims 4!! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Maybe
    Probably will. Baring anything catastrophically bad. So far looks great though :)
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Maybe
    I was so excited for Island Living, I bought it the day it released. I was even more excited that we would get witches soon.

Now that I’ve actually played Island Living, I’m going to wait a few weeks until I’ve seen a lot of gameplay and definitely wait for LGR’s review before I even think of purchasing. To be honest, I’ll still wait for a big sale even if I do decide I want it. EA has been so enormously disappointing this year, I’m not wasting my money on another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 empty pack that doesn’t live up to basic expectations.

Their marketing for this pack is so terrible that I’m not even excited for it - and this was one of my biggest hype items. We’ve seen some pathetically empty and staged scenes, a handful of pine trees, two gifs and the pack is out in a couple of weeks? If it was great, they’d be releasing a lot more info. Poor form, EA.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Maybe
    I'm not 100% sure as of yet. I don't normally play with occults or anything like that, but this pack actually sounds quite good.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes
    I was so excited for Island Living, I bought it the day it released. I was even more excited that we would get witches soon.

Now that I’ve actually played Island Living, I’m going to wait a few weeks until I’ve seen a lot of gameplay and definitely wait for LGR’s review before I even think of purchasing. To be honest, I’ll still wait for a big sale even if I do decide I want it. EA has been so enormously disappointing this year, I’m not wasting my money on another plum empty pack that doesn’t live up to basic expectations.

Their marketing for this pack is so terrible that I’m not even excited for it - and this was one of my biggest hype items. We’ve seen some pathetically empty and staged scenes, a handful of pine trees, two gifs and the pack is out in a couple of weeks? If it was great, they’d be releasing a lot more info. Poor form, EA.

They're having a Live Stream and the devs spent all day on 20th answering questions about the pack? There is a lot of info. And I assume little of the trailer is 'trailer only'
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure as of yet. I don't normally play with occults or anything like that, but this pack actually sounds quite good.

Not into the occult? From someone who likes Strangerville? That's surprising
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimerbratzSimerbratz Posts: 161 Member
    Yes
    I love magic in the sims there should be more off it, the only thing im not into is werewolves
    Yes
    Simerbratz wrote: »
    I love magic in the sims there should be more off it, the only thing im not into is werewolves

I'd be very suprised if a person with Sailor Moon as their avatar wasn't into this pack
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes
    Oh yes!! I am so getting this pack :)
  • lemonstoknifefightslemonstoknifefights Posts: 8 New Member
    Maybe
    Not gonna lie, I'm waiting for LGR's review for the fun of it. I'm a big HP fan sooo that's pushing my money :p
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Yes
    Finally new occult as big as vampires, though kids had to be able to spellcast.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    This is THE pack I've been waiting for. I've put so much time into TS3 lately in anticipation for it.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Yes
    Yes, right on day one, I want my phoenix!
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Definitely. I'm a completionist and I've been waiting for a really long time for this pack to come out, so it doesn't make it too hard to see why I want to buy it.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    No
    Expensive
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Yes
    Not only am I buying it, but I am also taking a vacation day so I can play it.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Not into the occult? From someone who likes Strangerville? That's surprising

Strangerville is more science fiction than fantasy. While there is considerable overlap between fans of one and the other, there are also many people who enjoy one and not the other. Someone enjoying Strangerville and not being into Realm of Magic is not surprising.

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes
    Of course
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Maybe
    Depends on: nature and extent of damage to existing game from the pre pack patch, reviews, level of frustration/disappointment expressed in the forums after it's released, pack content. Have long since learned to be cautious with stuff from EA. My game isn't routinely connected to the net, so it's safe.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    I adore magic, so this pack naturally has me already hooked. However, I'll probably wait until the end of release day or something so I can hear what other people think of it first.

When I want to create soaps and watch stories "act out" infront of me, I pop into TS4. I love TS4 Sims. They're so expressive and funny. Anything new to do with them, I beg!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes
    yes i love occult sims i love mermiads and vampries and aliens but i think this might be my fav
    Oh my! :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Yes
    Depends on: nature and extent of damage to existing game from the pre pack patch, reviews, level of frustration/disappointment expressed in the forums after it's released, pack content. Have long since learned to be cautious with stuff from EA. My game isn't routinely connected to the net, so it's safe.

Nature and extent of damage..?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    While not impossible, it is extremely unlikely.

I very much doubt I'd have any use for the gameplay it adds, as the only sims I play who I would like to practise magic are my vampires, which I've learnt isn't possible. :'(

However, the world could be a nice place to holiday (zerbu has a mod for changing residential worlds to destination ones, which will probably be updated), I like the green hairstyle and the leaf bat is very cute.

I'll be moitoring the soon-to-be screenshots thread, as well as the contents of the b/b catalogue. If I were to buy it it would have to be at a significantly reduced sale price, so possibly January sales.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yes
    BabySquare wrote: »

I very much doubt I'd have any use for the gameplay it adds, as the only sims I play who I would like to practise magic are my vampires, which I've learnt isn't possible. :'( ...

Huh, why can't Vampires practise magic???
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋