March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you use/play Sulani?

Β«1
SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
I don't have any interest in playing out a game in Sulani, as a Sulani islander family. It's just not my thing. But its very pretty and I will replace the residential homes with "resorts" and spas. And stuff. Like a place for tourists.
Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I play it residentially. My sim is living there and working as a conservationist
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    I play it residentially. My sim is living there and working as a conservationist

cool! i Sulani is gorgeous. Can't wait to put some cool lots there from the gallery.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,406 Member
    For me, it's a mixture. Some sims that I think would want to live there or that I made for the pack I have there, as well as a spa, restaurant, cafe etc. I also have a bunch of mermaids there. I do visit as well. Since I have a main family save but will do some rotational play, it's been fun!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't have anyone living there now, but will eventually, so now they just go there for day trips.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I use it as a "Malibu" kind of place for my celeb sims
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I play it as a small town, sort of. I built a few amenities (a shop, a restaurant, a camp site, a school/rec center) so the sims living there can have fun without having to leave to another country. I miiiight make a hotel at some point, if I can figure out which lot I can sacrifice to make it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Day trips mostly. I have 4 families in Sulani, friends of my main main family in Bridleton Bay. The rest of the lots are community. A museum which I'm still working on, 2 restaurants, motel, 3 beaches, spa, cafe, and one empty lot.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I use it mostly for vacations and trips to the beach. I really can't have my sims live there, the NPC's breaking in the house becomes really annoying after a while.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Mostly residential, I have three households there.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Residentially, for the most part. Of the Sulani premades I play the Chief's household only (one of my sims married into it). My tourists from the other worlds move to a residential lot in Sulani for their stay, then back to their original homes (I put a relative or a townie in as housekeeper).

Some families go on short weekend trips, they do not get moved to Sulani lots. But they are in the minority.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Same here. I love playing there - mine is totally just residential and I did not add any building but houses to live in. The one bar that comes with Sulani is the only business.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I do both, I have a park, nightclub, restaurant, and the beaches for visitors, but also have sims living there.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play the premade families that live there.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I don't approach it as a vacation world where my old Sims just come and take over. I have made several Sulani natives and added a few cultural elements and features. I also have some mermaids that live on the water. I love the world. It's much more laidback and friendly and open than the other worlds my Sims live in.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Tbh I don’t like playing in the new world. I tend to just place the new objects in the other worlds.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I play it as residential. My sim reached the top of the conservationist career and cared for the island (cleaning up rubbish etc) to make the island bloom, which was great but it took up alot of my sims time.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Right now I play it as residential and I have already three households incorporated into my main game. I moved the Calientes, sans Nina, there and I also moved the nice female mermaid (can't remember her name) into her own lot. The third household is the one with the the old woman (the island chief) and her...ward/student.

I am going to put down a resort lot for my households that live in the other world. I just can't decide wether to plonk down a Robinson Crusoe type one with the Off the Grid lot trait or a luxurious one with all the amenities present.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I played once or twice casually but I would never move my sims there ... I'm more.... A forgotten hollow type. I hope the new world will be similar to FH.
  • GGSimmerGGGGSimmerGG Posts: 35 Member
    Sometimes for honeymoons after a wedding, sometimes for a summer adventure for teens and young adults, I also created and customized all the lots to support a mermaid mystery story I've been playing along with XD No one can know that mermaids exist, yet they walk among the rest of the simmers and sing their sirens call at night, luring unsuspecting sims to their doom. lol Its my game! Stop Judging 🐸🐸🐸🐸 XD
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Simmify wrote: Β»
    I don't have any interest in playing out a game in Sulani, as a Sulani islander family. It's just not my thing. But its very pretty and I will replace the residential homes with "resorts" and spas. And stuff. Like a place for tourists.

I don't have the pack, for the very reason you give. I play way too many households (50+), I can't take on playing one more residential world. I think the world looks amazing, and I might still get the pack to use it as a vacation world.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2019
    I do love playing in Sulani but my own sims look bit off there
    and id like to keep it the way it was made for this save at least
    Also like the premade families living there though :)

I think I might start a household with lava man from maxis households
    and unite that family to my main save at some point in family line
    (main save having started with self made sim and vlad in forgotten hollow)

no idea which premade I should marry lava man to though
    Nalani? Kalamainu'u Iona? it does sound funny to unite fire and water :joy:
    I don't want to make any more self made sims for this save since its more fun exploring some premade stories
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • MarioCoxMarioCox Posts: 15 New Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > Residentially, for the most part. Of the Sulani premades I play the Chief's household only (one of my sims married into it). My tourists from the other worlds move to a residential lot in Sulani for their stay, then back to their original homes (I put a relative or a townie in as housekeeper).
    >
    > Some families go on short weekend trips, they do not get moved to Sulani lots. But they are in the minority.

Awesome.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    So far I've played exclusively residential in a variety of ways with several Sims and haven't put any other venues there, with one exception. For example;
    • A Rags to Riches Beach Life Sim
    • An Extreme Rags to Riches Sim living off-the-grid
    • A Story Mode Sim in the Conservationist career
    • An exiled Mermaid
    • A good Vampire living underground on the shipwreck lot who will eventually abandon vampirism to become a Merman
    • A Rags to Riches Collection Sim
    • A Story Mode Sim Comedian who is erratic, childish and a champion bowler. His save is the only one that has a bowling alley I put in the existing bar.
    I have so many saves there because I keep thinking of different stories to play out in Sulani and I don't do rotational. I'll probably eventually send some Sims there for a vacation, but they'll camp out on the beach. I'd like to keep Sulani as intended, a remote, pristine place to mostly just live your best life. That's my own personal preference. :) Anyway, I'm having a ton of fun with Island Living! <3
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm currently cycling between 4 saves. In two of them I'm playing a single sim living in Sulani; in the third I'm rotating between all households in Sulani, the premade ones and three I've added; in only one save I'm playing a sim living in Willow Creek (but since she's a gardener, she has visited Sulani to buy the four island plants for her garden).

So basically, since Island Living came out I play in Sulani 75% of the time. I'm glad it's a residential world and not a vacation world. (Although it would be even better if Sims could use any of the residential worlds for vacation as well!)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I mostly use it as a vacation world, although I also have plans to use it as a residential world in one of my saves. I hope we get hotel venues at some point to make this easier.