Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 In Sims 4

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2019
    There was a Sims 1 house called Mango Manor, and i had rebuilt it. I remember'd that i had played with sims 3 characters names Mango, i went to check and i found out that there are 3 of them. Magnus Mango from Aurora Skies, his younger cousin Maru Mango from Sunlit Tides and Matthew Mango from Isla Paradiso (which has no know connections to the other two). I calculated how old each one of them would be in SIms 1 and realized that Matthew would be younger, but couldn't be Magnus or Maru's son (otherwise he would have been born in Aurora Skies/Sunlit Tides already). So, i decided to make Magnus as Matthews uncle. In my Sims 1 version Matthew's father died leaving him orphan, then Magnus had to move all the way from Aurora Skies to Old Town to take care of his teenage nephew. Magnus and Maru are both from the military, bot Maru and Matthew are younger than Magnus and have the insane trait, which for me was caused by Magnus strict military ways. haha
    Post edited by Karon on
    Sims 1:
    Mango Manor

MTS_Karon-1863850-01Front.png
    MTS_Karon-1863851-02Front.png
    MTS_Karon-1863852-03Back.png
    MTS_Karon-1863853-04Back.png
    MTS_Karon-1863854-05Right.png
    MTS_Karon-1863855-06Right.png
    MTS_Karon-1863856-07Left.png
    MTS_Karon-1863857-08Left.png
    MTS_Karon-1863858-09FirstFloor.png
    MTS_Karon-1863859-10FirstFloor.png
    MTS_Karon-1863860-11SecondFloor.png
    MTS_Karon-1863861-12SecondFloor.png
    MTS_Karon-1863862-13Extra.png

Download it here: Mango Manor
    edited August 2019
    Since I'm creating a save file, ireally wanted to fit the Mango manor on this specific lot in Newcrest, which is a little bit smaller than the original lot form Sims 1. I just had to move some walls, but the general feeling of the house is there. I can rebuild it in the original size if needed.

@storyy maybe you will like this one two!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Karon what a coincidence that you just made Matthew Mango for your project, cos so did I!

I am now working on turning Sulani into Isla Paradiso (love some of the homes in there). I picked Matthew to do because I adore his house:

Mango%201.png?dl=0
    Could not find a windmill anywhere in sims 4 to add to his deck, so I gave him his own generator :)

Mango%202.png?dl=0
    In this shot, there is a tiny bit of Hobart's Hideaway in the background.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh dear. Finishing up these spellcasting households are holding me back from building CAS remakes from The Sims 3!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I want to recreate 357 Hill Street in sims 4. A sims 3 Showtime house. I'm just not motivated yet. Lol!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading this thread! All of your builds and sims are so lovely. I've downloaded several of your sims @Hestia and some of your lovely builds @elanorbreton . Thank you so much for doing this.
    edited September 2019
    Thank you @Circus-of-Cats !

I’m almost done with remaking spell casting Sims.

Once that’s finished, I’ll be doing a major overhaul of all the Sunset Valley Sims, upload a 2.0 save and more screenshots!

Make sure to give my gallery a follow to be up to date. :)

hestiah23
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited September 2019
    @Karon what a coincidence that you just made Matthew Mango for your project, cos so did I!

I am now working on turning Sulani into Isla Paradiso (love some of the homes in there). I picked Matthew to do because I adore his house:

Mango%201.png?dl=0
    Could not find a windmill anywhere in sims 4 to add to his deck, so I gave him his own generator :)

Mango%202.png?dl=0
    In this shot, there is a tiny bit of Hobart's Hideaway in the background.

Thats so cool! @elanorbreton You can use my version of Matthew. I spent hours trying to make him as similar as possible, his face looks a little bit more chubby just because i made him into a Teen, but after changing him into an adult his cheeks get slightly thiner.
    You version of his house looks amazing.
    @HillyBeth go for it - then you could come back here and let us see pics!
    @Circus-of-Cats thank you so much, I hope you enjoy using them <3
    @Karon I would have downloaded your sim, but I had already made him and added him to my game :( I will be keeping an eye on your project thread to see if there is anything else I can grab!
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Great Idea, Nicely done. I have all the sims games from the original on and al, I have done is make a sim in each one upgrading as I go along.
    Would love to do this someday with all 4 games but I would never eat or sleep lol Keep going I would love to see it all as you go along. Fantastic
    @jimmysnan I know what you mean about never eating or sleeping lol. Why interrupt building for things so unimportant :D
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Hestia and @elanorbreton , Oh my but you two have worked hard on this and done such a good job!

I downloaded the save and only had a few minutes to look through things since the family needed feeding :) Couldn't help but make a bee line to Jamie Jolina. For some reason I really enjoyed her in TS3 and Hestia you did a really good job with her. Laughed at myself because I've also looked her up on the SimsWiki to refresh my memory. I found it funny that as much as I remember, I'd forgotten a lot about her relationships and enjoyed the walk down memory lane. :) So now the decision will be whether or not she steals Thornton Wolff from Morgana, or, decides to be a single mother. I'm not usually a home wrecker in my games but might deviate from that for a change of pace, lol.

I hope I'm not out of line for making a suggestion about the save but it doesn't have anything to do with the sims or lots. When it's reuploaded, I would suggest using a higher save number. I knew from playing the lilsimsie save file that she used 300 for the starter save file. After downloading your save, Hestia, I extracted it to a folder on my desktop and then changed the number to slot 200 before dragging it to my saves folder. It showed up right away for me and when I opened it, I immediately used save as so the template would always be there to start over should I so desire. I already know I will, lol, because I only play 3 to 4 families in any given save and explore others in future games.

I normally just kind of lurk in the forums but this thread has been so much fun to keep up with that I just had to say thank you! BTW, @Karon you're contributions to the thread have also been awesome. If you and elanorbreton also decide to upload saves, I'm ready and willing to enjoy them. Thank you all for such an enjoyable, positive thread.
    edited September 2019
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    @Hestia and @elanorbreton , Oh my but you two have worked hard on this and done such a good job!

I downloaded the save and only had a few minutes to look through things since the family needed feeding :) Couldn't help but make a bee line to Jamie Jolina. For some reason I really enjoyed her in TS3 and Hestia you did a really good job with her. Laughed at myself because I've also looked her up on the SimsWiki to refresh my memory. I found it funny that as much as I remember, I'd forgotten a lot about her relationships and enjoyed the walk down memory lane. :) So now the decision will be whether or not she steals Thornton Wolff from Morgana, or, decides to be a single mother. I'm not usually a home wrecker in my games but might deviate from that for a change of pace, lol.

I hope I'm not out of line for making a suggestion about the save but it doesn't have anything to do with the sims or lots. When it's reuploaded, I would suggest using a higher save number. I knew from playing the lilsimsie save file that she used 300 for the starter save file. After downloading your save, Hestia, I extracted it to a folder on my desktop and then changed the number to slot 200 before dragging it to my saves folder. It showed up right away for me and when I opened it, I immediately used save as so the template would always be there to start over should I so desire. I already know I will, lol, because I only play 3 to 4 families in any given save and explore others in future games.

I normally just kind of lurk in the forums but this thread has been so much fun to keep up with that I just had to say thank you! BTW, @Karon you're contributions to the thread have also been awesome. If you and elanorbreton also decide to upload saves, I'm ready and willing to enjoy them. Thank you all for such an enjoyable, positive thread.

Indeed, @Hestia you should change the save file number next time. When shared, It is usually changed for a higher number to avoid the players replacing their save files by accident. @DOLLDRMS1 I know that @Hestia is finishing some stuff, but she'll go back at her Sunset Valley at some point to fix some things, although it looks really cool already.
    Oh, thank you! I have some projects going on. I was rebuilding Twinbrook slowly, but I'm more interested on my current project right now. I'm recreating Sims 1 families, houses and some community lots, but that doesn't stop there. My save file is supposed to be a "Sims 4 fixed timeline"
    save file, where I'll place all sims 4 premades as if they were on the classic Sims timeline, i'll fix some timeline issues too (like the Langerak's from Sunset Valley were not supposed to be there, as Kaylynn is much younger than Bella and Mortimer).
    Anyway... I have to stop myself, because I'm so obsessed with premade families that I have a lot of things to talk about them.
    I'm indeed going to release a save file, but the scope of my project is so big (recreating families genetics as precise as I can, as well as rebuilding their original houses), that I'm going to release it in "versions". The first one is going to be released as soon as I can, I have rebuilt the 3 houses we could buy on Sims 1's Magic Town, as well as its npcs to inhabit those houses (like Nagganaste, Bonehilda, Mystery Man, etc).
    You can follow my progress in this thread: here
    Don't forget to leave comments and feedbacks there, I woudl appreciate. hehe
    @Karon I would have downloaded your sim, but I had already made him and added him to my game :( I will be keeping an eye on your project thread to see if there is anything else I can grab!

Ok! @elanorbreton I'll make sure to let you know about my creations.
    @DOLLDRMS1 Thanks for the feedback! I will work on 2.0 once I finish these last 3 magic themed Sims. HUGE! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @DOLLDRMS1 Thank you for your lovely comments x

These are the last two builds I made from Isla Paradiso, that world is now full... I didn't like the Alto house (too modern for Sulani) so I picked another home from that world which I think was called Casa Del Sol and moved them in there:
    Casa%20Del%20Sol.png?dl=0

It's nice and luxurious for them!
    Casa%20Del%20Sol%20%282%29.png?dl=0

And then I made the lonely scientist home (research facility), which I thought was ideal for at the bottom of the volcanic volcano :D
    Scientist.png?dl=0

I have now moved onto Brindleton Bay, which is my Aurora Skies. They don't really match, but I couldn't think of a suitable alternative that I liked (it was going to be Barnacle Bay, but that is full of rubbish lots). So, it looks like this so far:

Worlds.JPG?dl=0

Three and three quarter worlds to finish!
    @Karon Nice! Looking forward to your magic-related builds <3

----

I just finished all of the Magic-Town Sims. I'll be reveiwing the entire Sunset Valley families for newer, better versions tomorrow. :)

Gallery: hestiah23
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Reconstruction of Sunset Valley Sims has begun. :)

Fiona McIrish

U62mgN0.png
    St16qzB.png
    tyvzDYx.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @Karon thanks for the link to your thread. I had not seen it and have now bookmarked it to follow.

@elanorbreton LOL, my eyes lit up when I saw your research facility. Perfect for that lot!

@Hestia I am amazed you've got the energy to start redoing sims already! I'm thoroughly enjoying playing your save as it is :) Thank you again for sharing it.

In addition to Jamie Jolina, I've also rotated to the Crumplebottom household and currently am in the Nicolo/Adriana/Don Lothario household. I'll pick one more family to play in this particular save but am not at all sure who it will be, lol. Next save I do, I'll pick four families not actively rotated through in this one. Am loving all the choices I have and the trouble you went to for the family trees. Good job. I would think any former TS3 lover should really enjoy this project.

Just curious since I can't build at all. Are you guys going to find the new stairs helpful? Looks to me like there might be a bit of a learning curve with them.
    @DOLLDRMS1 I love the new stairs! I've had a little play about with them,, so far so good.
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    @Karon thanks for the link to your thread. I had not seen it and have now bookmarked it to follow.

@elanorbreton LOL, my eyes lit up when I saw your research facility. Perfect for that lot!

@Hestia I am amazed you've got the energy to start redoing sims already! I'm thoroughly enjoying playing your save as it is :) Thank you again for sharing it.

In addition to Jamie Jolina, I've also rotated to the Crumplebottom household and currently am in the Nicolo/Adriana/Don Lothario household. I'll pick one more family to play in this particular save but am not at all sure who it will be, lol. Next save I do, I'll pick four families not actively rotated through in this one. Am loving all the choices I have and the trouble you went to for the family trees. Good job. I would think any former TS3 lover should really enjoy this project.

Just curious since I can't build at all. Are you guys going to find the new stairs helpful? Looks to me like there might be a bit of a learning curve with them.

@DOLLDRMS1 Something funny and tragic happened to me playing Agnes Crumplebottom yesterday. I downloaded a Sims 2 remake of Sunset Valley, I'm slowly playing all the families (Sims 2 is better in this way, we don't have to worry with other families disappearing while we play the current one). I started playing Agnes and decided that her main goal was to reach the top of the Paranormal career to ressurect her Erick Darling before she turned into an elder so that she could have a child with him. I was playing a long time with her without his ghost appearing.
    One day, Agnes had the day off, her social need was really low and I was going to give Cornelia a call, but Dave Ramsey showed up on front of her house passing by, then I decided to have her talk to him. Their friendship went up so fast, then there was 3 lightning bolts of attraction between them. I kinda let the two flirt and all... I thought it would be better if she just gave up ressurecting Erick and started dating Dave. They had a great day together.
    Dave had to go, Agnes was alone again. For the first time in forever, Erick showed up as a ghost while she was cooking that night. She was making crepe suzette, she lit a flame to burn the crepe, but (even tho she had high cooking skill) she caught on fire and I had no one to help her. She died.
    I think Erick cursed her for dating Dave.
    Now, that's my head canon for why the official Agnes Crumplebottom's family tree from Sims 2 ends without a husband and kids. hahaha
    @Karon , oh my gosh, poor Agnes! I'm actually enjoying playing her with Erik being alive and not having to resurrect him in @Hestia save.

@elanorbreton , I snagged the research lot for Sulani for my game. Thanks for putting on the gallery.

I also want to let you know that in the downloaded save the stairs on the 28 hr Wellness center weren't usable by sims. I think it's your build Hestia placed in her save. Looking at the lot on the gallery, it looks like it. I hadn't sent a sim there before installing the newest patch, so maybe something in the patch caused the problem because I've seen you mention you test your lot builds before uploading. I just took a deep breath, used the sledgehammer on them and rebuilt since it wasn't a complicated stairway and they now work just fine. I didn't put handrails back on it since I wanted to be sure what I built was even useable and still haven't taken the time to do so.

Also wanted to let you know I spotted your Pier Perfection lot in your gallery and snagged that, too. I haven't put sims in it yet but love it. When I looked at it after placing, I was delighted it was also pet friendly. Really cute build and even has backstory since it replicates somewhere you stayed in RL :)
    @DOLLDRMS1 Thanks for the report! I'm actually doing an ENTIRE OVERHAUL of a new save with different lot placements and hopefully fewer bugs. :)

Be sure to check my gallery or my threadmy threadmy thread to see what Sims I've updated. I'll focus on in-game screenshots and upload them here once I'm done with the overhaul. :D Lots of work but so worth the nostalgia.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @DOLLDRMS1 so happy you downloaded the research lot and Pier Perfection! Thank you for your lovely comments.

I'm not sure what to say about the gym, I went back in to re-test mine and the sims all use the stairs fine. Maybe it's not mine?
    Gym%20Test.png?dl=0
    @DOLLDRMS1 so happy you downloaded the research lot and Pier Perfection! Thank you for your lovely comments.

I'm not sure what to say about the gym, I went back in to re-test mine and the sims all use the stairs fine. Maybe it's not mine?
    Gym%20Test.png?dl=0

@elanorbreton maybe it was a glitch, which sims the most likely since the latest update dealt with stairs, maybe after placing it again in a new save triggered the bug.