Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEMS with the new patch:

These are the problems I have and have also heard about:

NEW PATCH WITH 'SHOP MODE' HAS RUINED PEOPLE'S GAMES INCLUDING MINE, IN THIS THREAD WE CAN SHARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PATCH, AND ONCE I FIND INFORMATION FROM EA FROM AN EMAIL I HAVE SENT THEM, I WILL POST THE INFORMATION HERE - and if anyone else has any info, you can post it here. Thankyou.

* CC being deleted (don't have this problem)
* Store items being deleted (don't have this problem)
* Unable to start game
* Can only start when on 'Run without custom content'
* Can't delete CC
* Can't install CC
* Can't uninstall CC

And so on...

Who is having problems and what are they - please post here

Comments

• JEANIE74JEANIE74 Posts: 258 New Member
    edited December 2009
    ~Cannot get out of "move" mode to put furniture in my sims new house~causing them to drop from being crazy tired

~"no interactions" available for my adult sims between the child sims except "call over"
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2009
    My game won't run at all, I took out my CC before I installed it too. It just says "Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current expansion pack" or something, and it won't let me click anything else besides the update panel.
  • RsBddy929RsBddy929 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I am having similar problems.

Sometimes when I start my game it tells me that I do not have an "authorized copy of The Sims 3", but it usually works if I try again.

- All my CC was deleted.
    - Can't re-download them, or anything new. It just gives me a general error.
    - That new Sims 3 in-game store thing doesn't even show up in my game... is this a mac thing?

• geeksaresexygeeksaresexy Posts: 41 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Kolby wrote:
    My game won't run at all, I took out my CC before I installed it too. It just says "Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current expansion pack" or something, and it won't let me click anything else besides the update panel.

this happened to me, it was surprisingly easy to fix actually, i just exited out of launcher, restarted my computer and there was a update aviablable for the base game, installed that patch and bingo, i'm simming away with no problems :D hope this helps.
  • ChikakunChikakun Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2009
    All of the store items doesn't show in the game. According to the launcher they are installed.

everything else work, so far....
    Faithful player from the beginning of The Sims 1.
  • devidevi Posts: 4,721 New Member
    edited December 2009
    nothing will install into my game, cc & sims store items download to the launcher but then when i click install, the install screen pops up but nothing happens after that it just freezes :x i've tried getting help by emailing the support and all they said was to do the directions on their site which i already did and none of the options worked which i already told them that but they didn't listen!
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2009
    My only problem so far is that after the patch the swimming pool in the gym looks like a river.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • illusioniqueillusionique Posts: 316 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm having none of these problems, so I wouldn't know. What I would like to know is why some people have a problem and others games work just fine, apart from the launcher being an ***.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited December 2009
    Traveling made my Sim unrelated to his parents, and he can't get his flirty mom to stop hitting on him.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    edited December 2009
    After playing game and household after household with no fires whatsoever, since the patch my sims kitchen is constantly on fire!!! In between the flames if I'm quick enough I've removed the cabinets and oven and even the fridge and the ruddy kitchen still caught on fire. The wife has died from starvation believe it or not as she could get into the kitchen to make a meal lol.
    I might have to be quick and move them out of the house. I could try not saving but I do like things to take the road given to them. But at least 15 fires in a row??
  • KagiyaKagiya Posts: 84 New Member
    edited December 2009
    So far.. basement tool now crashes my game. Sad 'cause that is a feature I really liked. I haven't tried the pool tool yet to see if that is bugged as well. My custom content is still in game and works, not sure about the store stuff because I haven't purchased points. I had the constant fires issues while my Sim was in France. I had to make him use his mech skills to make the fireplace unburnable, which ended the fire problem with the fireplace.
  • JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited December 2009
    Launcher does not work or does not work properly - Does not fully load so can't load any exchange items or items that I have previously purchased from the EA store.

Which does not make me a happy camper, not a happy camper at all! The launcher is a fundamental and basic item of the game and as such should work 100% of the time, the fact that it doesn't for so many people tells just one thing... The quality assurance department at EA is non existant or sitting around reading harry potter books when they should be making sure everything works properly before they release A) Expansion Pack and B) Patches.
  • sturner1sturner1 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i have lost cc riverview saved games and they wont reinstal
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited December 2009
    My problems so far:

- lost half of my CC
    - lost Riverview and all saves from it (gosh, I hope it can be fixed, I've had a lot of unsaved lots there that I've spent a looot of time on!! :cry: )
    - I can only start game once, after I quit it I have to restart my computer to start it again, cuz launcher just freezes if I try to go back... eh...
    - When click on the in-game Store button, game crashes to desktop...

there you go so far... haven't been playing long enough to find anything else...
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2009
    Kolby wrote:

My game runs but when I go to download it says something please update your game when I installed every patch available. However, I have no problems with the game running. There is a lot of scenerios in why people feel the patches are screwing up their computer and EA may never find out all of them. EA should install 3rd party CC and mods and then remove them to see if uninstallation of CC or mods clean up after it self. because if these mods write in the registries and when not uninstalled properly it can cause problems and that is only one scenerio.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LithielleLithielle Posts: 285 Member
    edited December 2009
    I've had an issue with glitchy terrain ever since I installed the new patch. It keeps flickering back between black and regular, and sometimes it starts hiding lots. Nearly ruined my Sim's wedding for me :(
  • joebossjoeboss Posts: 1,069 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Lithielle wrote:
    I've had an issue with glitchy terrain ever since I installed the new patch. It keeps flickering back between black and regular, and sometimes it starts hiding lots. Nearly ruined my Sim's wedding for me :(

I have that flickering issue also, about every two seconds, yours is the first post that I have seen that addresses it. For me, the game is pretty much unplayable now, the constant blink is too distracting for me,
  • rainstar11rainstar11 Posts: 590 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My only problem is that my pool is black instead of the lovely shade of blue. That really doesn't bother me *that* much though.
  • zeroquestzeroquest Posts: 71
    edited December 2009
    O.o sorry about all your problems but I have none my sims3 game works even better with 1.8
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2009
    Kolby wrote:

I had that also but with a twist after clicking ok I noticed that was an option to update WA which I did. After updating I could not connect to game because the launcher was not interacting with the internet. However, after I rebooted my computer, my game worked fine. Even though EA does not tell you reboot your computer after patching, you should.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Jaimee17Jaimee17 Posts: 639 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i can't even install the patch because it says "invalid : file not found"...
  • NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited December 2009
    Some of my Store Content has disappeared. Other than that, the game is running fine.
    I paid for that stuff though, 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
  • IndemelaktIndemelakt Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Well, each time I click the basement building tool, the game crashes. Everything worked fine before this update. -sigh- Sucks when an update makes things WORSE. :?
  • IntentionalEyezIntentionalEyez Posts: 551 New Member
    edited December 2009
    All of the store content that people gifted to me has disappeared, yet the launcher insisted (back when it would actually load) that it was all installed. The launcher does not work and does not install content. When I try to pull it up it says it's encountered an error and it closes. I've heard Edit In Game works but takes a while with the CAW tool. I waited for four hours before uninstalling CAW completely. In Caw, spawners change from seeds or metal to different types with no help on my part-it does it on its own, as do other world objects and effects. Lots that I place down in a hood show up as empty lots with just grass and benches. I've wasted days trying to figure all of this out. I'm starting to think Sims 3 is no fun at all when I'm the one (and other players are the ones) that are forced to find workarounds and solutions to the problems.