Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tay Bayless

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Laurel Grisby in Riverview has the same large anatomy, too.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Laurel_Grisby

I like to think I did a good job of making her prettier:

34343197775_7b2073737d_c.jpg

That is quite the extensive nose job.

@Karritz

Well, I certainly don't have an even remotely similar policy, lol, but I'd suggest changing the 1st mother's skin, either way. ;)o:) I think it's fair play to change all the offspring in these cases (and beyond). <3
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Karritz Thank you, I found a link on MTS. :)

@simmerLella Mortimer is hot. Bella needs a little tweaking. Her awkward phase lasted through adulthood.

Ah. I've seen Simmers say otherwise about Bella even as a teen, with photo proof. I'll wait and see. I don't mind teens going through their awkward phase BEFORE I edit. Bella should end up beautiful, I'll break my own soft rules for her ... eventually.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @simmerLella - Bella is a teen in one of my SV saves. She's seems like an average Sim although she doesn't seem to autonomously hang out as much with Mortimer as she did when she was a child. I want to see her as a YA to see if she transforms into the red dress wearing version of herself or, if she'll look entirely different.

@emorrill - I've bookmarked your story and will give it a read. I like realism in my game as well (plus loads of detailed layers)! Tay's and Molly's son Shawn is an adorable little boy. Is Shawn the only child they had?

@zeegee - C'mon, Arlo isn't that...er...upsetting :). Believe it or not He's much better (appearance-wise) than any of Fiona McIrish's in-game created sons! I don't know what you call it genetic-wise when the child has only a single parent. Fiona's son's have no known father.

@SuzyCue72 - Fly Bayless does have the family ears. His eyes don't appear to be as tiny as Tay's are and his down-turned frown almost looks like he's smiling. His face doesn't seem to carry the same level of tolerance as Tay's. Great picture of him. Thanks :).
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Parthenogenesis; and whole religions are built on it. Komodo dragons I believe can produce offspring this way. What did you name Fiona's son?

Tay Bayless comes with the EP Ambitions, with all the stereotypical narratives built into that; but focusing a personal look in this, mostly, negative way, reaches other eyes and ears than the designer of the actual ones.

The remark on the top hat was a good one; and I got the association.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bella won't age up well at all! Of course, that's just my opinion ;)
    43105040285_b63a396136_o.jpg

I am normally about delicate tweaks when adjusting EA premades but I was brutal with Bella :D
    44011153881_db87cc6f4d_o.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's not even that visible in the frontal view. I think the area around her eyes looks a bit off. Nothing too bad though, just average. I'm waiting how her children will look like when they become teens.
    @Turjan I hope she doesn't have any sons that take after her because she looks really bad gender switched :D:D:D
    44011154271_35fc34a29a_o.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Mikezumi I don't know about the profile view, but I think that looks charming. Better than the female version :lol: . It fulfills the "best pal" role almost perfectly.

I would need to see it ingame though. I noticed that most sims look much better in CAS than in the game.
    @Turjan The CC skin I use would make him look better than he would in EA skin so you are getting a false impression ;)
    Even Bella looks a little better than she would in EA skin. I think I have pics somewhere of her in EA skin.
    It is true that sims look better in CAS but skin makes even more difference.
    edited August 2019
    It's also other stuff, like hair. In CAS, I choose what I think looks like a great hairstyle for a sim, go ingame, look at the disaster, then go back to CAS to rectify the problem, and then the game crashes. :lol:
    @Turjan Sorry about your crashing problem. I rarely get crashes but when I do it's usually because I have spent too long in CAS or build mode. Even, so, it's very rare.
    Hairstyles do make a lot of difference too but CC skin helps even the ugliest of sims :p
    I just went through my old threads and I don't seem to have a pic of Bella in EA skin. I must have decided to skip her when I made over Sunset Valley back in 2014 :D
    edited August 2019
    I use some basic replacement skin. I had looked at some of the more popular ones, but either the download links were gone or my game would not even start after installation. I have to go on another search one day.

Regarding the crashing, my SV is just too full. I have unfinished business there though, so I'll try to keep my CAS activities to a minimum.
    Thanks for all those suggestions! :)
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited August 2019
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Bella won't age up well at all! Of course, that's just my opinion ;)
    43105040285_b63a396136_o.jpg

I am normally about delicate tweaks when adjusting EA premades but I was brutal with Bella :D
    44011153881_db87cc6f4d_o.jpg

Awww, she's not bad at all! I first noticed her jaw and chin are a bit "off" compared to the rest of her face, but she does NOT need to be perfect.

I will remove her perma-smile (turn down her mouth corners) and give her bigger eyebrows, as I usually do that with Sims (along with a few realism tweaks).

(And/or I'll eventually make her look like one of the TS2 Bellas, or something else classic.)

And she doesn't look bad sex-reversed. My mouth tweak would fix some of that. It annoys me that "Beau" has different eyebrows from Bella. Simmers make me feel like a werewolf with their preferences and statements. I know some men have smaller eyebrows and less leg and armpit hair than I.

I do have a cc default skin that I love, so I wouldn't really see the EA default.
    Turjan wrote: »
    @Mikezumi I don't know about the profile view, but I think that looks charming. Better than the female version :lol: . It fulfills the "best pal" role almost perfectly.

I would need to see it ingame though. I noticed that most sims look much better in CAS than in the game.

For me, it's the opposite. :would insert big-eye smiley here, oh well:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    If I redo sims in my world it's usually hair, makeup or clothes. I don't change eyes, nose, etc. unless I choose to welcome one to the family (which I haven't yet) then I might
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Karritz Thank you, I found the right ones. :)
    Ah. I've seen Simmers say otherwise about Bella even as a teen, with photo proof. I'll wait and see. I don't mind teens going through their awkward phase BEFORE I edit. Bella should end up beautiful, I'll break my own soft rules for her ... eventually.

@simmerLella I broke my 'no slider' rules with Bella, because she deserves to be beautiful. Originally she has a weak chin like her mom and a stubby little nose. Or rather @Mikezumi broke the rules and made me a Bella that still looks like Bella, but beautiful as in the other games. :) See Mikezumi's pictures above for proof.

@Turjan If your game is crashing after you choose a CC hair, it COULD (emphasize could) be the hair. Of course it could be a thousand other things, which the experts can help you sort out, but I have had hairs in my game that have been there for ages but I put them on a sim and bam, constant crashes.
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @emorrill - I've bookmarked your story and will give it a read. I like realism in my game as well (plus loads of detailed layers)! Tay's and Molly's son Shawn is an adorable little boy. Is Shawn the only child they had?

@zeegee - C'mon, Arlo isn't that...er...upsetting :). Believe it or not He's much better (appearance-wise) than any of Fiona McIrish's in-game created sons! I don't know what you call it genetic-wise when the child has only a single parent. Fiona's son's have no known father.

@mw1525 @emorrill is quite the story teller. You'll enjoy her stories. I do have a different view of sims than when I first started. I might have another go at Arlo with some 'gentle' slider positioning. :)

And WHAT is going on with our emojis??! Sorry, off topic.
    edited August 2019
    @ZeeGee I heard about potential problems like that, but I don't really use any custom hair yet. I use very little custom content at the moment, except some of the cmar stuff, an altered body mesh, some normal maps by Buhudain, feet with toes, and the rest is mostly mods that tackle functional stuff. I experienced the worst crashing issues in CAS with just the original starter pack (base game + Late Night + HELS) and zero mods or custom content. Compared to that, it's manageable now. I just shouldn't go into CAS more than once or twice per game session.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Mikizumi - Thanks for the shot of Bella. I have to agree. she doesn't age up to look like the portrayals of her iconic self. Her eyes seem a bit large and too wide open. Plus, her jawline (from cheek to chin) looks slightly too full (to my eyes). Her skin tone seems correct, though.

@Auroraskies - Thank You. I was going to say 'asexually' concerning Fionia's children but given the fact they just suddenly 'appear' I thought it too misleading. The game automatically named the children when they were born (she was a townie at the time). I have deleted the save file they were created in so unfortunately they didn't get the opportunity to grow up. I did, however save their files when I 'rescued' them as toddlers. I aged them up to kinda get a feel for where they may best be placed...that's when the shock factor kicked in (smiley)!

Concerning Tay Bayless' origin and the (hinted at) history of his family: this game seems to be full of non-teen related subject matter and peppered with some of societies most disturbing psychosis', some of which (like Tay's) are so thinly veiled it's frightening.

@simmerLella - I agree with you about her smile needing to be dialed back a bit! Something about her 'natural look' gives me the "I'm watching you, stalker vibe".

@ZeeGee - Should you decide to give Arlo Bunch a 'tweak', I would love to see your interpretation of him. He seems very personable (although a little snobbish) in my game. Still, the Sims seem to socialize with him just fine and that's all that matters.

@Turjan - Glad you have gotten your issue under manageable control.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited August 2019
    @mw1525 I couldn't resist that!

Arlo makeover, before cc: (though I do have Buhudain's YRL default now)

1bnzKos.jpg

With cc:

SUtnDaD.jpg

I fixed his jaw and his nose but may have gone too far, he doesn't really look like himself anymore. I forgot to get a 'before' pic!

Edit to add: Before:
    axWxoKr.jpg
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,118 Member
    edited August 2019
    mw1525 wrote: »

@mw1525 Thank you. <3
    So far he is, but they may have another it just depends on the consequences of this major turn of events... :grey_question:

:p

Edit to add: @ZeeGee You are so sweet. :kissing_heart: Thank you.
    I dunno what's up with the emoji's either, but it's driving me insane! :grimace:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    So I tried one of the skin mods, those brows, hairs and eyes, which means this isn't the vanilla Bella either, but here's the semiprofile shot:
    TwtBtw7.jpg

Without custom skin, the face looks a bit more angular, but you can still see why many people think she isn't that great, just rather average looking.
    @Turjan The CC skin does make her look a lot softer. Glad you got a skin that works for you :)
    Yes, I followed a few of your suggestions. I haven't tried everything yet though. It took 4 start attempts to make this work. Sometimes, it's really difficult to make these new Windows versions forget the old stuff.
    edited August 2019
    @Turjan You need to delete your cache files after installing new CC. Do you do this?
    Yes, I did that. Afterwards, the first time, the launcher crashed. Next time, the loading bar got stuck at around a third of the way, and I had to kill the program via the Task Manager. Next time, it got stuck a bit further down the line. I had to restart the computer to clear all old information.