Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes your child would still count :-) they count as long as they have reached the young adult age, even if they've only reached that age for 10 seconds haha. I had that happen to me recently as well

Whew! Thank-you so much for answering and so quickly, too! It's a relief I won't need to start over. I'm kind of attached to the current family. Sorry to hear that it happened to you, too. So random and jarring. My matriarch is a good Mom and I'm a mostly careful Sim boss of everything so that incident really shocked me.

~FM :)

No worries :) Even if a child gets taken away or dies before reaching young adult, you don't have to start over, but you can't count that one kid. :)
    Tonga gave birth to twin boys named Lake & Hail who make babies (toddlers now) 78 and 79. She's pregnant with baby #80.

No one else aged up, so still have young adult Cloud living at home as a back up parent in case something happens to Tonga before we have teens. Then we have Leaf who should age up into a teen after his next day of school, and toddlers Tree & Violet who are getting pretty close to being able to reach childhood.

• IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    @SimAlexandria you have an amazing save! Will you continue after the 100th baby because I would love to here more news from you!
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
  • Chrysalis70Chrysalis70 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > No worries :) Even if a child gets taken away or dies before reaching young adult, you don't have to start over, but you can't count that one kid. :)

That is good to know. Thank-you.

~FM :)
    @SimAlexandria you have an amazing save! Will you continue after the 100th baby because I would love to here more news from you!

Thanks!!!!
    I haven't 100% decided yet.
    I love my 100 baby family and it's the one I want to play the most so I doubt I'll want to just give it up suddenly after 100 kids, but on the other hand I have several other saves that I've been eager to play that I never have time to because I want to play with my 100 baby file lol and I really do want to spend some time with them as well. I'm thinking that when the challenge is "complete" I'll probably be more inclined to play those ones. (Most of which are still big families with loads of kids haha)

My current thought is that after the final baby is born I will place the family and all my favourite kids into a rotational save that I have and play them that way. I'm pretty strict about playing families in that save by alphabetical order, so each time I get to this family I would play it the same way I have been and follow all the rules while on this save, and update you guys, BUT, since I've completed the challenge I won't be as picky about breaking the rules in other ways. While I'll still meet the requirements to age kids up when I'm PLAYING them, I will have MCCC and aging on when I'm playing other families so things could happen on their own that wouldn't normally be part of the challenge, if that makes sense, little surprises along the way. (MCCC is fine during this challenge, but not to age the kids in the background I don't think while playing other families).
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Since my laptop will be out of internet range while we travel, I decided to publish another chapter before I leave since I'll be gone until next week. So here it is! You finally get a glimpse into the penthouse they moved too.

---> Chapter 18
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    >
    > Thanks!!!!
    > I haven't 100% decided yet.
    > I love my 100 baby family and it's the one I want to play the most so I doubt I'll want to just give it up suddenly after 100 kids, but on the other hand I have several other saves that I've been eager to play that I never have time to because I want to play with my 100 baby file lol and I really do want to spend some time with them as well. I'm thinking that when the challenge is "complete" I'll probably be more inclined to play those ones. (Most of which are still big families with loads of kids haha)
    >
    > My current thought is that after the final baby is born I will place the family and all my favourite kids into a rotational save that I have and play them that way. I'm pretty strict about playing families in that save by alphabetical order, so each time I get to this family I would play it the same way I have been and follow all the rules while on this save, and update you guys, BUT, since I've completed the challenge I won't be as picky about breaking the rules in other ways. While I'll still meet the requirements to age kids up when I'm PLAYING them, I will have MCCC and aging on when I'm playing other families so things could happen on their own that wouldn't normally be part of the challenge, if that makes sense, little surprises along the way. (MCCC is fine during this challenge, but not to age the kids in the background I don't think while playing other families).

That’s fine by me, when you reach 100 babies I’ll probably name a child Alexandria in your honour lol.
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    > @Luclylu said:
    > Since my laptop will be out of internet range while we travel, I decided to publish another chapter before I leave since I'll be gone until next week. So here it is! You finally get a glimpse into the penthouse they moved too.
    >
    > ---> Chapter 18

I found a little error because now it says there’s one girl and eleven boys :/
    Meep

That’s fine by me, when you reach 100 babies I’ll probably name a child Alexandria in your honour lol.

Aww thanks haha! That'd be awesome. If you do, and you can, add her to the gallery after haha!

But honestly it'll prob still be a few weeks away before I get to 100. I'm getting close, but 20 kids still to go :) I should have some playtime this afternoon though :)

Luclylu wrote: »
    Since my laptop will be out of internet range while we travel, I decided to publish another chapter before I leave since I'll be gone until next week. So here it is! You finally get a glimpse into the penthouse they moved too.

---> Chapter 18

Wow, love the penthouse. I haven't really played in apartments before, I should try someitme haah. (Okay I do have one family in an apartment but I've only played them once and they spent the entire time at a festival, not in the apartment lol)
    28/8/2019 Update

Lapis is almost a child and May caught herself on fire *facepalms to self* she just sat at the table for ten minutes and ate her food, don’t worry the fire wasn’t to extreme, it only burned the oven and one kitchen counter.

May is pregnant with her fifth child now 😁
    Meep
    28/8/2019 Update

Lapis is almost a child and May caught herself on fire *facepalms to self* she just sat at the table for ten minutes and ate her food, don’t worry the fire wasn’t to extreme, it only burned the oven and one kitchen counter.

May is pregnant with her fifth child now 😁

Haha we just had our 5th fire of the game. Our first I didn't have sprinklers installed yet, and we lost both kids bedrooms and all the kitchen and appliances when we were still broke. Since when they haven't been so bad, the last one I did have to replace the oven in the counter. However I'm always worried that something will happen to my matriarch, and now that I'm so far in and definitely don't want to have to restart after 80 kids, I make sure to always keep a young adult or teen in the home so that if something does happen the younger kids don't get taken away and game over LOL
    Leaf became a young adult. He's still living at home for a little bit, though Cloud moved out now.
    TAuiiaa.png

Twins Tree and Violet became Kids:
    pbjvvJS.png

Identical Twins Lake & Hail became toddlers
    3C61TA1.png

Baby #80 was a boy that we named Volcano!

Off to go make baby 81...

• LucybirdLucybird Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone.
    I've been playing the 100 baby challenge for a few weeks. I'm on matriarch 2 and baby 47, but I realised my matriarch shared a donor with her mother...should I not count that child?
    Lucybird wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I've been playing the 100 baby challenge for a few weeks. I'm on matriarch 2 and baby 47, but I realised my matriarch shared a donor with her mother...should I not count that child?

I'm not sure. I know the reason for it is for the purpose of having to re-romance every guy anew, but if it was a different matriarch then you would have had to do that anyways. Personally I'd probably not count that baby, but I also wouldn't consider it cheating on your part if you decided to do so (not that my opinion counts haha).
    Okay guys! Leaf has grown up, which means we have a 4th lot of 100 baby challenge dads lined up for your use haha! Tonga's grown sons Desert, Forest, Canyon, Storm, Day, Thunder, River & Leaf have been uploaded to the gallery as one household for anyone that needs some new men in their challenge. As always, it's not necessary but if you use them as baby dads I'd LOVE to see how their kids turn out if you wish to share here haha.

You can find them by looking up my ID which is the same as my username here, or #SimAlex.

K0fVuI7.jpg
    > @Luclylu said:
    > Since my laptop will be out of internet range while we travel, I decided to publish another chapter before I leave since I'll be gone until next week. So here it is! You finally get a glimpse into the penthouse they moved too.
    >
    > ---> Chapter 18

Do you mean on the statistics? Just so I know where to fix it. My laptop decided to have a fit and some buttons aren't working correctly right now so wouldn't surprise me when I tried to update I messed it up haha

---> Chapter 18

Wow, love the penthouse. I haven't really played in apartments before, I should try someitme haah. (Okay I do have one family in an apartment but I've only played them once and they spent the entire time at a festival, not in the apartment lol)

Thanks! I usually enjoy the houses much more and do tend to favour some towns but decided to branch out this time. Isabelle is running out of donors so I should probably hit up festivals.
    > @Luclylu said:
    >
    > ---> Chapter 18

Do you mean on the statistics? Just so I know where to fix it. My laptop decided to have a fit and some buttons aren't working correctly right now so wouldn't surprise me when I tried to update I messed it up haha

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, sorry if I confused you.
    Meep
    Btw yay I’m a member!
    Meep
    Tree & Violet became teenagers
    XpRKo36.png

Lake & Hail are now Kids
    BAVIbZx.png

Volcano is a toddler
    Igb2Qnl.png

Infant 81 is another boy named Rock (We've had a lot of boys lately, there were several in a row before Violet and so far all since haha)

Baby 82 is on the way!
    Tree & Violet became teenagers
    XpRKo36.png

Lake & Hail are now Kids
    BAVIbZx.png

Volcano is a toddler
    Igb2Qnl.png

Infant 81 is another boy named Rock (We've had a lot of boys lately, there were several in a row before Violet and so far all since haha)

Baby 82 is on the way!

Awwwwwwww volcano is so cute 😊
    Meep
    Btw yay I’m a member!

Yay! Congrats!
  • LucybirdLucybird Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm not sure. I know the reason for it is for the purpose of having to re-romance every guy anew, but if it was a different matriarch then you would have had to do that anyways. Personally I'd probably not count that baby, but I also wouldn't consider it cheating on your part if you decided to do so (not that my opinion counts haha).

Thanks. I think I'll count it as I didn't even realise until recently. I thought I remembered his name but my 1st gen matriarch also had a donor as someone else in the family, so I thought it was probably a son or something, because of the age
    > @Luclylu said:
    >
    > ---> Chapter 18

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, sorry if I confused you.

No problem! Thanks for the heads up

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top