Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited August 2019
    Congrats to @MenaBuchner, @RethaSim, @Hoghead9400, @LauraAnneB, @katrinasforest, @Eddie Sims, @Charliimai, & @sweetnightingale! Good job, everyone who entered!

@MenaBuchner I think you're ready to be a Veteran! :D

she can choose whichever category she feels comfortable in .. I think this is her 3rd story ... def fits the novice billing ;) Most of us vets have been at it for 3 years or better and have hundreds of stories
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited August 2019
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Congrats to @MenaBuchner, @RethaSim, @Hoghead9400, @LauraAnneB, @katrinasforest, @Eddie Sims, @Charliimai, & @sweetnightingale! Good job, everyone who entered!

@MenaBuchner I think you're ready to be a Veteran! :D

she can choose whichever category she feels comfortable in .. I think this is her 3rd story ... def fits the novice billing ;) Most of us vets have been at it for 3 years or better and have hundreds of stories

Of course. It was just my way of complimenting her. She has won first place for the third or fourth time, which is great for a novice. Sorry if I came off as rude or something - that really wasn't my intention.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • LauraAnneBLauraAnneB Posts: 15 Member
    Wow, @Skeilah, looks like both of us were thinking toddlers this month! I also have a short story for August up over on my tumblr at laurawritesandgames.tumblr.com. I just finished your story - I liked the grandpa!

And @divanthesimmer, I finished your story as well. Your main character was a lot of fun to read! She just hates everything!
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    LauraAnneB wrote: »
    Wow, @Skeilah, looks like both of us were thinking toddlers this month! I also have a short story for August up over on my tumblr at laurawritesandgames.tumblr.com. I just finished your story - I liked the grandpa!

And @divanthesimmer, I finished your story as well. Your main character was a lot of fun to read! She just hates everything!

Thank you, Laura! I'm glad you like it! I will be reading yours soon as well. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2019
    LauraAnneB wrote: »

Is your story the story 'Motherhood'? I'm not sure because the banner says 'Participant june 2019' hehe. I like the story though!
    Also, very funny we both had toddlers in mind!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • LauraAnneBLauraAnneB Posts: 15 Member
    Oh, whoops, sorry! I totally missed that the banners change every month. I'm so observant! I'll update that when I get a sec.

But, yep, I wrote Motherhood. In one of my saves, the MC Command Centre mod gave Lily Feng twins. Since she has the Hates Children trait, that version of Lily probably wasn't living her best life! That moment inspired my story. If anyone would be particularly intolerant of a whining toddler, it'd be her.
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    @divanthesimmer, @Skeilah, @LauraAnneB, great stories! I love how the complainers are all either the very young or very old---or Lily Feng, though I agree with her reasoning.
    Between Victor manipulating her into having a kid and her relationship with said kid, the family dynamics must be a dumpster fire.
    They have twins in my game too, Charlie and Carlie. YES THOSE ARE THEIR ACTUAL NAMES. They hit on everyone.

I'm looking forward to reading what everyone's Sims are whingeing about!
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    I wanted to say congrats to the July winners. Wonderful job everyone. For some reason, I wasn't getting any notifications but have now fixed that again. And some new August stories to read. Yeah! I have missed chatting with everyone. Off to read...
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. Can I put my story in a forum post? It's going to be an excerpt from a longer story on my Tumblr, so I don't have it in short form on my blog.

[Edit: Nevermind. I read the rules, but for some reason the first time around I missed the part that said I could post on the forum.] :p
    Post edited by QueenofMyshuno on
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Here's my very first submission for this challenge! Woot! (Or any challenge, for that matter.) --- Amersham (an excerpt)

fbb63f9d0eec524fecba2f4d43245f066f1b66f6.png
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    My entry for this month:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/08/23/works-like-a-charm/

This was harder than I thought!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Only a few more days left ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    A close call this time, but I bring another silly little vignette!

August: There's A Snake In My Boot!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I've been trying to get back into the groove of SimLit after having taken a long hiatus (Real Life and all that)

Thought I'd give the short story of the month a try after one of my game saves had this funny little scene play out. Good way to get back into the writing mode.

Cheese and Whinge: A Short Story

Haflinger wrote: »
    I've been trying to get back into the groove of SimLit after having taken a long hiatus (Real Life and all that)

Thought I'd give the short story of the month a try after one of my game saves had this funny little scene play out. Good way to get back into the writing mode.

Cheese and Whinge: A Short Story

I LOVE the title .. def an invitation to read! LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

Skeilah wrote: »
    Here is my entry - "Babysitting the recalcitrant toddler": https://skeilah-thesims4forum.weebly.com/msssc-august-2019.html

Adorable tot and a sweet heartwarming story!! I did not see any place to comment or leave a like on your blog .. so I came here <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Here is my entry - "Babysitting the recalcitrant toddler": https://skeilah-thesims4forum.weebly.com/msssc-august-2019.html

Adorable tot and a sweet heartwarming story!! I did not see any place to comment or leave a like on your blog .. so I came here <3

Yeah sorry, I forgot to add that and now I can't change the layout anymore so people can't react on it. I'll make sure to add that for a next entry, but I can't do anything about it now.

Thank you anyways! <3
    Post edited by Skeilah on

Yeah sorry, I forgot to add that and now I can't change the layout anymore so people can react on it. I'll make sure to add that for a next entry, but I can't do anything about it now.

Thank you anyways! <3

Well Hopefully they will come in here to give you some well-deserved positive feedback <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    My August entry: How To Whinge Like a Pro
    7YZVoCi.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Qnshr5 Your story is hilarious! ^_^

Glad to see these entries coming in! I was getting worried there wouldn't be much of a contest this month. :( I know a lot of people vacation in August, though, so it makes sense.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm back with my every-other-month story. Lol. I always PLAN one on the off months it just never happens. Sigh. Looking forward to reading this month's stories and all the whinging.

The House My Mother Left
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I'm back with my every-other-month story. Lol. I always PLAN one on the off months it just never happens. Sigh. Looking forward to reading this month's stories and all the whinging.

The House My Mother Left

Nice way of putting the word in the story, I like it!
    familysims wrote: »

I did not see what section you are entering ..novice or veteran
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Sorry, I’m in Novice. I couldn’t figure out how the banner works.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif