Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Played The Sims On Wii?

RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
I just learned that many of The Sims titles are available on Wii. That sounds like a fun combination! Have you played any of the Sims games on Wii, and if so, how did it compare to playing on desktop/laptop? And which versions have you played?

Edit: I've been checking out videos, and it looks like The Sims 2 Pets might be really fun. Are there any game codes or anything that are needed, or could I just buy a cheap disc-only on eBay?
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
Post edited by Rouensims on

Comments

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I played the Sims 2 Castaway a few years ago. From what I remember, I think I prefer playing it on the PS2. Trying to control a cursor with the wii remote is not the most pleasant experience.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    floralney wrote: »
    I played the Sims 2 Castaway a few years ago. From what I remember, I think I prefer playing it on the PS2. Trying to control a cursor with the wii remote is not the most pleasant experience.

Ahh, good to know. I wondered how well the remote might work. Thanks for the feedback.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I had the MySims game but found it extremely clunky and aimed ad kids. There was a Sims Animal themed game as well where you could play jungle animals that I bought as well I but I can't remember if I even played that one because after being disappointed with the MySims game and the Harry Potter game I also purchased, I realised very quickly that console gaming was not for me.

I'm assuming it was my comment that set this thread in motion, so in the interest of full disclosure, I'm not sure if the regular titles were ever available on the Wii. Someone told me the games were not available on the Switch and I simply responded with the only console I had any significant experience with.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I had sims 3 for the wii, it was horrible, I thought it would be like the xbox 360 version but it wasn't, it was extremly limited and looked aweful.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Thank you, @Mariefoxprice83 and @RavenSpit! Maybe I'll just save my money for Realm of Magic. :)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Definitely the better choice to buy RoM instead.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I just learned that many of The Sims titles are available on Wii. That sounds like a fun combination! Have you played any of the Sims games on Wii, and if so, how did it compare to playing on desktop/laptop? And which versions have you played?

Edit: I've been checking out videos, and it looks like The Sims 2 Pets might be really fun. Are there any game codes or anything that are needed, or could I just buy a cheap disc-only on eBay?

I did and it was very buggy.
    Thank you @catloverplayer.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I did I didn’t enjoy it for one bit after about six months I stopped playing for some odd reason the game would align with the tv & it was hard to keep up with their needs.