Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Put down here" option removed?

I've noticed that the option for "Put toddler down here" is gone in my game. Is this just a bug in my game or did they actually remove the option from the game? If so, why? It was really useful.

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I just noticed this today. I thought it was a bug too, kept picking the toddler up over and over to see if it was just a glitch but no. It's annoying because I needed to get the toddler in the same room as the bookcase as the adult would get there faster and cancel the action to read to him before he even got in the room.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's the same in my game too. It makes things difficult when you have an adult bring a toddler downstairs.
  • pj9871pj9871 Posts: 89 Member
    The "put down here" option is also gone if you're trying to pick up a puppy or kitten and take them into the house because they can't climb stairs.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Ugh that's gonna make my playpens unusable.
  • marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    Its been that way in my game for a while now. That started over a month ago. I have even started a new save, uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same but I have learned to get around it. I don't play with mods or cc either. My problem now is after the last stuff pack my photo frames vanish and the only way to get them back is to log off the game and start it back up and they appear again.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I noticed this yesterday too. Is it a glitch?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don't know why they would remove a function like that. It was very useful and didn't take up unnecessary space, so why remove it? It has to be a glitch or something.

"Put down" on couches still works, but not the floor. I also have playpens and timeouts and sometimes you just need to move them, but now I have to cancel the "hold" action and that makes my sims go all the way back to where they picked up the toddler in the first place and place them back down. It's so stupid...
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It's been a while since I played with one of my toddler families, but I use this action all the time when I do. I hope it is fixed soon. Not having it would make playing young toddlers in a house with stairs a nightmare.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    pj9871 wrote: »
    The "put down here" option is also gone if you're trying to pick up a puppy or kitten and take them into the house because they can't climb stairs.

I thought it was only me. My sims had moved onto a new lot in Sulani and so they were all outside. Thankfully, the house didn't have stairs and only one step foundations so the kitten could get up on its own.
    😭
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    I don't know why they would remove a function like that. It was very useful and didn't take up unnecessary space, so why remove it? It has to be a glitch or something.

"Put down" on couches still works, but not the floor. I also have playpens and timeouts and sometimes you just need to move them, but now I have to cancel the "hold" action and that makes my sims go all the way back to where they picked up the toddler in the first place and place them back down. It's so stupid...

Temporary workaround: shift-click and reset sim. That should put the toddler down without anyone walking anywhere.
    Still annoying though.

Temporary workaround: shift-click and reset sim. That should put the toddler down without anyone walking anywhere.
    Still annoying though.

Believe me, I've tried the good old *Reset sim* but the toddler always ends up somewhere along the path they've taken or all the way back from where they started anyway. This is why I loved the "put x down here" because it actually worked, lol
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Ok, this just happened to my game but I thought it was a glitch because the sim trying to put down the toddler was a vampire and I thought it had something to do with the move everywhere as a bat option. (I'd never played a vampire household with a toddler in it before so I thought this was normal or glitched because of the bat movements). I'm glad I'm not the only one, but this is super annoying and I don't know why they would need to remove that feature?! I hope they fix it and put it back.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Still annoying though.

Believe me, I've tried the good old *Reset sim* but the toddler always ends up somewhere along the path they've taken or all the way back from where they started anyway. This is why I loved the "put x down here" because it actually worked, lol

Well, too bad it doesn't work now anymore. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Has anyone made a bug report?
    egTcBMc.png
    I found another workaround. You can also click on a toddler bed and put them down there.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Gone from my game, too. I noticed it yesterday when Mom brought her daughter downstairs. I just had her queue up, hug lovingly, and she put her on the ground and hugged her, but it's still frustrating, we should still have our put down option.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    That's crazy-insane that they would remove it. This has to be a bug.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Huh, I didn't notice it yet (will go boot up the game soon to test) but there's a bug report for it going back to June here and it's marked as "Needs Input", if anyone's up for heading over to AHQ.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Huh, I didn't notice it yet (will go boot up the game soon to test) but there's a bug report for it going back to June here and it's marked as "Needs Input", if anyone's up for heading over to AHQ.

Thanks. I've not noticed but will check when I play later and add me too to the bug report.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited August 2019
    I noticed this with a kitten last night. Took me awhile to figure out how to get her to leave it somewhere (it wasn't hers).
    I added a comment to the bug report since the last one was in June.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I'm glad people are talking about this. I just thought I was doing something wrong when I couldn't find the option to put the toddler down.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Thanks for this link. I was looking for something like this yesterday and couldn't find anything. I've added my comment so hopefully they can fix it and add it back in for the next patch.
    Don't know if there is another thread about this or if I should make another thread about it, but it's related to toddlers as well so maybe it's connected?

Sippy cups don't work, neither adults nor toddlers can interact with them besides putting them in their inventory. So maybe the toddler part of the game bugged out on different aspects after the latest patch? Or maybe I'm the only one with this problem
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Don't know if there is another thread about this or if I should make another thread about it, but it's related to toddlers as well so maybe it's connected?

Sippy cups don't work, neither adults nor toddlers can interact with them besides putting them in their inventory. So maybe the toddler part of the game bugged out on different aspects after the latest patch? Or maybe I'm the only one with this problem

No, I have the sippy cup bug too. I use a mod to enable it again. I believe it is by Bienchen? Not sure I spelled that correctly.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @horselover1 Yes. Sippy Cups is confirmed bugged at the moment. The AHQ has several discussions about these bugs.

Clicking on the “Me Too” button will bring more exposure to the reports.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top