Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Luclylu wrote: »

I can't get over how close you are to finishing!

Haha, me neither! I am wondering if I can finish it this generation or not. THat's my goal but there's still 22 kids to go, so we'll see. Tonga's still only about 2/3 to adult though so I think we can do it.

Oh wow! What generation is Tonga?

3rd gen :)

That's awesome! I'm hoping to finish this in 2-3 generations based on how things have been going.

I also don't pay attention to their traits and just raise skills all the same. Might get it don't faster if I do start paying attention to them lol
    Hey Guys, so I literally just made an account but I’ve been looking through the forums for a while accountless and I’m thinking of starting the 100 Baby Challenge...

Wish me luck!

Good luck! It's a great challenge!
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    I have seen people complaining about raising toddlers & babies, but for some reason, it has come naturally to the mothers (not just the matriarch) I have. I didn't feel so overwhelmed raising toddlers with no help, sometimes a baby started crying during bath time or woohooing (which you can't continue after stopping it) but I usually let the babies cry till I'm ready. Some tips I use is to just have batches of food in the fridge so it doesn't run out while the matriarch is busy. In the matriarch's free time, you could cook more food (Party size) so you never have to worry about hungry toddlers. And ever since I found shortcuts to getting skills up easier. At the beginning, I just glued the toddlers to tablets, like a lot of other people do, and it went too slowly. But then as I went on, I found techniques to make it go MUCH faster. Now, I think I should just sell the tablets XD For communication, spam the babble social on the stuffed animal. Imagination, toy or dollhouse. Thinking, spam the watch social on a sim. Movement, I usually got it over time, but wandering or using nesting blocks is a charm (there is a glitch in my game where in some point while wandering, the game resets the toddler, causing it to drop their harvestables, and not wander anymore). With potty, I maintain a strict schedule, and when I see the bladder is halfway, I make a teen or the matriarch (or a YA) potty train them. When it's level 2, I make them go potty over and over again. Using these tricks, I got the toddlers to the child stage easier. You should also have schedules for babies if you're able to. If they are multiples, and one baby cries for a need, chances are the other will want the same thing. Babies need to be fed approximately 5-8 hours apart. And I have the sprinklers and only let the matriarch cook food on the stove, as she has max cooking skill. The only fires I ever got were literally from mishaps from the genius chemistry table o:) And it rarely ever spread, except when it once made an expensive bed through the wall ashes... My matriarch's a master painter and didn't really bother with the money tree yet. Because of these tips, I never got a child taken away.
    I hope these tips help for new players, and you're welcome! :)

Not a new player but some of these will definitely help me! I always have the toddlers glued to the tablets so I think I'll try other ways and see how it goes.
    Just dropping by before I climb into bed with a new chapter!

Chapter 17 <----

The following 2 chapters will be much larger then this one and the previous chapter I posted. I got some good play time in before the weekend. Now to finish the commentary before they will be ready to post. Can't believe in 2 more chapters I will be 1/4 of the way done the challenge!
  • IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    Lol I forgot what the requirements are to become a member, can somebody please tell me?
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    Lol I forgot what the requirements are to become a member, can somebody please tell me?

I think it's 50 points. I'll like all your comments to help increase your points to get you a member faster
    Thanks 🙂
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    @SimAlexandria how do you remember all your baby names? 78 children wow.
    Meep
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @SimAlexandria how do you remember all your baby names? 78 children wow.

Haha, well each of my matriarch's (on the 3rd) has a name theme. So that helps. But I have them written down as well.

Gen 1 had only 12 kids and she used names in alphabetical order. It was the most symmetrical gen ever haha. of the 12 kids we had 6 boys and 6 girls. 4 single babies, and 4 sets of twins. Of the single babies, 2 were girls, 2 were boys. Of the 4 sets of twins, 2 sets were girl/girl (one which one was identical and one fraternal) and two sets of boy/boy (again one identical, one fraternal) haha!

Gen 1 alphabtical names were:
    Girl: Abby
    Boy/Boy Identical Twins: Brandon & Carlos
    Girl/Girl Identical Twins: Dylan & Emily
    Boy/Boy Fraternal Twins: Felix & George
    Girl: Heidi
    Boy: Isaiah
    Boy: Jeremiah
    Girl/Girl Fraternal Twins: Katie & Lucy

Gen 2 Heir was Lucy.
    Name theme was "PLaces". SHe had loads of kids so I won't break it down other than putting "&" between twins and triplets.
    We had:
    Togo & India, Chad & Kenya, Melbourne & Vancouver, Africa, Mexico & Cairo, Egypt & Athens, Asia & Serengeti, Amazon & Everest, Korea & Kansas, Tanzania & Haiti, Sahara & Victoria, China, Arctic, France & London, Iceland, Ngorongoro & Chicago, Georgia, Cebu, Russia, Malawi, Jordan & Israel, Paris, Canada & Argentina & Fiji, Peru, Jamaica & Venezuela & Tonga, Qatar & Benin, Mozambique

Gen 3 Heir was Tonga. (Current Heir). Name thing is "Nature"
    So far we've had:
    Desert & Forest, Lilac & Lily & Lavender, Day & Storm, Thunder & Lightning, River & Brook, Star & Night, Rose & Iris, Canyon & Cloud, Leaf, Tree & Violet.

Our goal is to go 6 more kids with the current name theme and then to have the matriarch finish what was started in the 1st gen and name the last 14 kids in alphabetical order starting at M and ending with Z.
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    >
    > Haha, well each of my matriarch's (on the 3rd) has a name theme. So that helps. But I have them written down as well.
    >
    > Gen 1 had only 12 kids and she used names in alphabetical order. It was the most symmetrical gen ever haha. of the 12 kids we had 6 boys and 6 girls. 4 single babies, and 4 sets of twins. Of the single babies, 2 were girls, 2 were boys. Of the 4 sets of twins, 2 sets were girl/girl (one which one was identical and one fraternal) and two sets of boy/boy (again one identical, one fraternal) haha!
    >
    > Gen 1 alphabtical names were:
    > Girl: Abby
    > Boy/Boy Identical Twins: Brandon & Carlos
    > Girl/Girl Identical Twins: Dylan & Emily
    > Boy/Boy Fraternal Twins: Felix & George
    > Girl: Heidi
    > Boy: Isaiah
    > Boy: Jeremiah
    > Girl/Girl Fraternal Twins: Katie & Lucy
    >
    > Gen 2 Heir was Lucy.
    > Name theme was "PLaces". SHe had loads of kids so I won't break it down other than putting "&" between twins and triplets.
    > We had:
    > Togo & India, Chad & Kenya, Melbourne & Vancouver, Africa, Mexico & Cairo, Egypt & Athens, Asia & Serengeti, Amazon & Everest, Korea & Kansas, Tanzania & Haiti, Sahara & Victoria, China, Arctic, France & London, Iceland, Ngorongoro & Chicago, Georgia, Cebu, Russia, Malawi, Jordan & Israel, Paris, Canada & Argentina & Fiji, Peru, Jamaica & Venezuela & Tonga, Qatar & Benin, Mozambique
    >
    > Gen 3 Heir was Tonga. (Current Heir). Name thing is "Nature"
    > So far we've had:
    > Desert & Forest, Lilac & Lily & Lavender, Day & Storm, Thunder & Lightning, River & Brook, Star & Night, Rose & Iris, Canyon & Cloud, Leaf, Tree & Violet.
    >
    > Our goal is to go 6 more kids with the current name theme and then to have the matriarch finish what was started in the 1st gen and name the last 14 kids in alphabetical order starting at M and ending with Z.

Wow, just wow. Imagine how many cousins and second cousins they have!
    Meep
    I have officially started!

Meet my matriarch, May Tree Arch. She has has 1/100 children and is pregnant with Child #2

Founder Name: May Tree Arch
    Total Children: 1
    Generation 1

M-Micah (he has his mother’s eyes, and he looks like his Dad with everything else, when I can I will post pics) TODDLER
    Meep
    I have officially started!

Meet my matriarch, May Tree Arch. She has has 1/100 children and is pregnant with Child #2

Founder Name: May Tree Arch
    Total Children: 1
    Generation 1

M-Micah (he has his mother’s eyes, and he looks like his Dad with everything else, when I can I will post pics) TODDLER
    Oh now that's an amazing name for the challenge! Love it haha
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    > @Luclylu said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Not a new player but some of these will definitely help me! I always have the toddlers glued to the tablets so I think I'll try other ways and see how it goes.

You're welcome!
    I've been falling asleep while posting XD the last post was the 25th, and Helena & Johanna had moved out already... Today's post... Still the weekend, but Sunday, and Adrianna's in her third trimester. Noah & Tobias are still children, so there will be days Adrianna has to age. Vera aged up to a child & Messiah & Zara aged up to toddlers. It's also winter.

Update for 8/27/2019:
    Only 1 matriarch so far: Adrianna Sutherland with 34 children so far.
    Mother: N/A, Father: N/A
    Pregnant with Dustin Broke's baby
    Adrianna has approximately 22 days into elderhood
    They live in their second house.
    Children so far:
    27 children moved out
    0 teens
    3 children (Tobias, Noah & Vera)
    2 toddlers (Messiah & Zara)
    0 babies
    34 human species
    0 alien species
    0 mermaid species
    (I don't have Vampires)

That's it so far.
    I figured out you need 25 points and 15 posts so I better start posting!!! 🙂
    Meep
    > @IrishDashhun said:
    > I figured out you need 25 points and 15 posts so I better start posting!!! 🙂

Lol by that I mean to become a member to clarify.
    Meep
    27/8/2019 Family Tree Update

Matriarch: May Tree Arch
    Total Children: 4
    Generation 1

M-Micah Arch TEEN
    F/F-Ruby Arch and Sapphire Arch CHILD (yay twins!, identical other than the hair and the freckles)
    F-Lapis Lazuli Arch TODDLER (she is literally exactly the same as her mother)

I think I accidentally started playing with a custom lifespan o_o

Btw I’m naming my children after gemstones in Generation 1.
    Meep
    > @IrishDashhun said:
    > 27/8/2019 Family Tree Update
    >
    > Matriarch: May Tree Arch
    > Total Children: 4
    > Generation 1
    >
    > M-Micah Arch TEEN
    > F/F-Ruby Arch and Sapphire Arch CHILD (yay twins!, identical other than the hair and the freckles)
    > F-Lapis Lazuli Arch TODDLER (she is literally exactly the same as her mother)
    >
    >
    > I think I accidentally started playing with a custom lifespan o_o
    >
    > Btw I’m naming my children after gemstones in Generation 1.
    >

Cool! About the custom lifespan, it's okay, I accidentally started with one, too, but once I had my first baby, I realized that, and changed it to normal. And did happen to think about your name theme after Micah? I couldn't think of a stable one till much later in the challenge! XD I first thought names ending with -iah for boys, and -a with girls, but then it got mixed up, and I ran out of -iah names, so uh, yeah. Then I happened to realize I named my first child Charlotte, with an ending of -e. So yeah... I also like your matriarch's name.
    > @Zora1327 said:
    > > @IrishDashhun said:
    > > 27/8/2019 Family Tree Update
    > >
    > > Matriarch: May Tree Arch
    > > Total Children: 4
    > > Generation 1
    > >
    > > M-Micah Arch TEEN
    > > F/F-Ruby Arch and Sapphire Arch CHILD (yay twins!, identical other than the hair and the freckles)
    > > F-Lapis Lazuli Arch TODDLER (she is literally exactly the same as her mother)
    > >
    > >
    > > I think I accidentally started playing with a custom lifespan o_o
    > >
    > > Btw I’m naming my children after gemstones in Generation 1.
    > >
    >
    > Cool! About the custom lifespan, it's okay, I accidentally started with one, too, but once I had my first baby, I realized that, and changed it to normal. And did happen to think about your name theme after Micah? I couldn't think of a stable one till much later in the challenge! XD I first thought names ending with -iah for boys, and -a with girls, but then it got mixed up, and I ran out of -iah names, so uh, yeah. Then I happened to realize I named my first child Charlotte, with an ending of -e. So yeah... I also like your matriarch's name.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seems like we both had problems then! Changing it back to normal now.
    Meep
  • smusserysmussery Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there a way (setting in gameplay that l must be missing...or something) to keep the earliest kids...who have been moved out...from dying off? The current family within the house are perpetually sad from all the death announcements...😭
    smussery wrote: »
    Is there a way (setting in gameplay that l must be missing...or something) to keep the earliest kids...who have been moved out...from dying off? The current family within the house are perpetually sad from all the death announcements...😭

Mods or delete them from existence in manage worlds I think. You can turn aging off for unplayed households but it won't stop seasonal deaths which was what killed most mine lol. I haven't done that myself but between that and the dads dying they are sad often for sure. If I continue or do another challenge after I'm done I'll prob delete them from the save lol
  • Chrysalis70Chrysalis70 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I'm new to these forums. I've begun a 100 Baby Challenge in Sims 4. My matriarch had 14 children so far but something happened to one of them shortly after I had aged him up to Young Adult and was getting him sorted out before sending him off. He retained an enraged moodlet from when he was a teen and as he was doing a task I'd set him on, I saw another task waiting to launch and it said coronary explosion. In a panic I reset him. He died without an urn or gravestone - he just disappeared no grim reaper no nothing. Can't call him on phone but he has called us and sent gifts to his younger siblings when they age up. From what information I've looked up he cannot be revived or returned to human given the circumstances of his demise. My question is does he still count toward the 100 baby tally, or not and does this mean I failed the challenge because he died on my matriarch's lot even though I was about to move him out? I'd hate to have to start over but I will if that ended it.

Thanks for any advice and feel free to ask me questions about my challenge.

~FM :) <-- that is my preferred name I just used Chrysalis70 because it's my EA user ID.
    Hi, I'm new to these forums. I've begun a 100 Baby Challenge in Sims 4. My matriarch had 14 children so far but something happened to one of them shortly after I had aged him up to Young Adult and was getting him sorted out before sending him off. He retained an enraged moodlet from when he was a teen and as he was doing a task I'd set him on, I saw another task waiting to launch and it said coronary explosion. In a panic I reset him. He died without an urn or gravestone - he just disappeared no grim reaper no nothing. Can't call him on phone but he has called us and sent gifts to his younger siblings when they age up. From what information I've looked up he cannot be revived or returned to human given the circumstances of his demise. My question is does he still count toward the 100 baby tally, or not and does this mean I failed the challenge because he died on my matriarch's lot even though I was about to move him out? I'd hate to have to start over but I will if that ended it.

Thanks for any advice and feel free to ask me questions about my challenge.

~FM :) <-- that is my preferred name I just used Chrysalis70 because it's my EA user ID.

Yes your child would still count :-) they count as long as they have reached the young adult age, even if they've only reached that age for 10 seconds haha. I had that happen to me recently as well
  • Chrysalis70Chrysalis70 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes your child would still count :-) they count as long as they have reached the young adult age, even if they've only reached that age for 10 seconds haha. I had that happen to me recently as well

Whew! Thank-you so much for answering and so quickly, too! It's a relief I won't need to start over. I'm kind of attached to the current family. Sorry to hear that it happened to you, too. So random and jarring. My matriarch is a good Mom and I'm a mostly careful Sim boss of everything so that incident really shocked me.

~FM :)
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Oh my. I was trying to mix things up, and made my last dad blue! Well, I got quatruplets (is that how its spelled? haha) three boys and one girl. Only one of them was blue, the girl. I check on the mom to make sure that the blue girl doesn't end up as next matriarc.... guess again, mom has three days left until she ages to elder. This will be interesting indeed. At least, for once, I'm not bored.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top