March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tay Bayless

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Evalen Given that clones are not uncommon and that only whole features are inherited when there is a mixture there is no challenge in that.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I never noticed him in Twinbrook, I just played in that world a few weeks ago! He is adorable as a child though. As an adult, I don't change anything, if my sim is attracted to anyone, I just go with the flow. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...which is the simmers, not the sims ;)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Evalen Given that clones are not uncommon and that only whole features are inherited when there is a mixture there is no challenge in that.

@Mikezumi I aged him up with his big ears and kept him that way. I checked the fathers hair and noticed that he too had big ears. Well I have never played them, so I am doing a test, I want to see what his child is like. So He is now going steady with a nice YA I made. but I am tired right now so I am going to bed. I will post pictures if she get pregnant and has a baby, I want to make sure it is a boy so she will be eating the apples. I will age him up to see what he looks like as a boy, teen, YA and A. I am just doing this for fun, as I play with my Dexters. so that is why I am aging him and his child up. I want to see if the child inherits the big ears. LOL.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Mikizumi - I don't allow my Sims to date while I am working with them (building skills and other developments). I can manage them having friendships as they 'get a feel' for Sims, but I cannot handle, building and growing a real relationship between the two (besides, I try to stay out of their love lives).

@mw1525 I also keep out of my sims' love lives which is why I use autonomous romance mods. My sims will confess attraction, have their first kiss, go steady and get engaged on their own. I previously used another flavour of the mod I currently use which allowed sims to marry on their own but I got sick of missing the weddings when I was otherwise occupied with another family member :# Because my sims live such short lives, they don't have time to live relationship-free or they will miss the family boat. My sims generally gain enough skills throughout the earlier stages of their lives that they can get down to baby making as soon as they are YA :p
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I think a lot of it has to do with the visual "appeal" of the whole Bayless clan.

He's a kid in my game and I only see him a bit here and there and not too close up yet. By the way, he's not supposed to be smart.

I find his Wiki picture to look like a mouse-person, which I'm a bit biased toward, lol. (I like animals and mice can be cute.)

I think he looks like his dad all grown up, hm.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited August 2019
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...which is the simmers, not the sims "
    @FairyGodMother - Not in my game.

@Mikizumi - I've not heard of an autonomous romance mod; didn't know those existed. When it comes to romantic relationships, with some of my Sims the process is so painfully slow. Sometimes it takes moving them into another world before they find someSim they mesh with. However, when they do finally find the Sim they want to commit to, unless something extreme happens, they tend to stay for life.

@Coco - Yeah, his 'doors-are-open' (wide), but it's a feature I can live with :). His eyes, on the other hand, while I wouldn't alter them, I would give him a trait such as 'Good Sense of Humor' to bring less sadness to them. Although, I haven't met him yet, I can imagine his face will take on another dimension with a smile and laughter.

@Evalen - I have found that a beautiful Sim with an ugly personality, like RL is less attractive and vice-verse. If Tay has good starting traits, then it will be up to me to see he develops in a way which would help him earn two more good/great traits.

@simmerLella - It does seem his creators had a certain (stereotype) image in mind when crafted him and his family.
    Post edited by mw1525 on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    (drums fingers on desk while reading most of this thread) Really, now...

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5327478#post5327478
    :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,899 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    @coco well it would be fun to marry him to a beautiful women and see what happens to the kids, perhaps you could make the Bayless generation beautiful. without changing a thing.

That's what I was thinking.
    @igazor - In all fairness, yes the young man has inherited Tay's ears. However, he is also wear a low hairstyle which would make them seem more pronounced. BTW, are your family teens or YA's? I cannot tell.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2019
    @mw1525 - Also in fairness I am not showing the other parent, who also has distinctive features, in that post. The younger two sons on the left were teens when those shots were taken, the daughter and oldest son on the right were YAs. True enough about the oldest son's buzzed haircut, but I think we can see enough of the ears on the other three to see that they did not happen to pick up the same particular genetic element (slider values) from that parent and they are each either 0 or from the other side of the family. :)

Edit: Unless, maybe it's your point that the features on the younger two will evolve more when they get older? I believe I checked that and it didn't happen, but would have to go back to that save from ages ago to make sure. This wasn't my real game, it was a total "what if" off to the side. In my real game the two sims are busy running a huge farm together with a sibling and sibling-in-law and none of them have any kids yet.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    igazor wrote: »

AHH! Arlo broke my eyes!! :s

I will definitely need to try to prevent that in my SV game. *makes mental note to hopefully remember*
    @igazor - In all fairness, yes the young man has inherited Tay's ears. However, he is also wear a low hairstyle which would make them seem more pronounced. BTW, are your family teens or YA's? I cannot tell.

Some Sims might prefer to try to grow out some bushy hair. o:)

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    @simmerLella - Yeah, Arlo was a bit of a shock in my game when I first met him as a teen. He was the friend of my Sim, but she would never let them become anything more than friends :).

Another shocker of child turned teen was Mortimer Goth. When I met his teen version, I couldn't believe how handsome he turned out. He wasn't a particularly cute child to me, too solemn and serious looking.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hmm, I was looking at my old game again, and I have to take that back about the bad traits Tay got. He picked up Adventurous, Perceptive and Clumsy, none of which are in any way socially impairing. The bad track record regarding the conversations may be due to a complete lack of shared traits, which also means little of common interest to talk about.

The game gave him some silly plantsim beard, the style of which actually fits. The same is true for the style of glasses, although it looks a bit painful.
    TqlQtaC.jpg
    His ex-wife, Bunny Curious. She's insane and has commitment issues, which should explain the divorce.
    mqqQ3cP.jpg
    Their daughter inherited Tay's eye angles.
    xXO9dYk.jpg

The end of that thread is gold, btw. I love the pic of the Tay Bayless/Arlo Bunch children.

vnLcfsZ.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Turjan - I don't know why, but when I look at these Sims this is where and how I imagine their lives:

1 - (Male, top left) Roaring Heights, Business career.
    2 - (Male, top right) Oasis Landing, Science career (or Sports)
    3 - (Female, Bottom Left) - Not certain of the world, Education career
    4 - (Female, Bottom Right) - Bridgeport (?), Architecture or Stylist career

**Male, (top left) would look so cool in a bowler hat! Great pictures!
    Sure, you look at the clothes. You can always let your imagination run like that. Not because of the clothes, but the Tay Bayless in the pic from my game just needs a top hat to make a passable Abraham Lincoln. Which would be "Leader of the Free World", I guess.

But let's face it, the sentiments that sparked this thread ran more along the lines of a "perfect genetics" challenge.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member

This entire thread had me screaming laughing. ROFL! That Arlo Bunch, too *phew* Years ago, before I knew about mods or cheats to be able to edit sims, my sim married Arlo and I didn't realize just how "bad" his looks were...their children were....interesting. I've said it before and I'll say it again, thank everything for mods and cheats! :p
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Oh yes, Tay Bayless. It took me some time to normalize his looks when I aged him to teen.
    @simmerLella - Yeah, Arlo was a bit of a shock in my game when I first met him as a teen. He was the friend of my Sim, but she would never let them become anything more than friends :).

Another shocker of child turned teen was Mortimer Goth. When I met his teen version, I couldn't believe how handsome he turned out. He wasn't a particularly cute child to me, too solemn and serious looking.

Every time I play in Sunset Valley, my one and only goal is for one of my sims to marry Mortimer. He is quite swoon worthy ;) If I play the Goth family, though, I always make sure he and Bella Bachelor get together, lol!
    Yeah, things did take a turn towards the genetic side of Tay, which is alright and on course for this thread.

The original purpose of this thread was to try to understand why there seems to be a lot of negative opinions about Tay Bayless. What I can conclude from those who were kind enough to share their opinions is the issue most have with Tay isn't the sim himself but rather the proportions of a specific physical feature and the angles of others.

If this is the issue, then it's only natural for Simmers to want to express their ideas for how to rectify the 'problem'. The only reification for some Simmers would be genetic alterations, so I understand why aspects of this thread resembles a perfect genetic conversation.

As a Simmer who sees personality and potential possibility before physical attributes. I don't have many issues with a Sim's physical appearance, which is why I would have Tay as he is in my Sim Family, he would be a non-issue for me; but that's just me. I would have a different opinion of him if people had written that he was a horrible Sim who caused nothing but trouble and kept negative drama going, but no one did.

@Turjan - I don't see President Lincoln in your Sim other than as a free image association. I see a Sim who may be great in the culinary career as a baker or some other form of specific food service. As for the others, I wasn't looking at their clothes, I was looking at them gathering a first impression.

@StephSteb - I've never played with the Goth household. Mortimer just happened to be the BFF of one of my Sim at the time. While he seemed as if he wanted a relationship with her, she only liked him in a friendly capacity. The Sim she chose was Miraj Alvi, who grows up quite nicely as a YA (IMO) ;).
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    It's no wonder Tay and Skeet has got big ears when their father/grandfather Fly Bayless looks like this:

3WgAHTN.jpg

tmWjKM8.jpg
    @mw1525 Oh, yes! Miraj is a cutie, too!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,488 Member
    Laurel Grisby in Riverview has the same large anatomy, too.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Laurel_Grisby

I like to think I did a good job of making her prettier:

34343197775_7b2073737d_c.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

OMG, I watched this and realized I was talking to @ZeeGee about Arlo Bunch (a few years back?). She was going to try to give him a makeover, but I don't recall if she did or not.

Just scratch my prior post...........I'm guilty :D:(
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,899 Member
    This talk about part inheritance reminded me of something. It took me a few years for the penny to drop with me on this issue.

I have a couple in my Big Game. Percy and Lorna Koffi. Percy has very fair skin with his skin slider far to the left and his wife Lorna is Lorna McCann from Dragon Valley and her skin slider is far to the right even though she too has fair skin. They have a son, Eric and I could never work out how two sims with such pale skin could have a child with such dark skin. I finally worked out, he inherited his father's skin and his mother's skin slider position.

This is Lorna and Percy just after she had just consumed a young again potion and this is the outfit and hair the game gave her - I fixed that later.
    Lorna010.jpg

They are a very loving couple - so much so that they ignore their babies so I moved their children to the boarding school.

Percy-And-Lorna001.jpg

I can't find a picture of Eric as a baby except for this one of him with his aunt Haley. She is Percy's sister, and she'd just autonomously (I wasn't playing her household at the time) rescued him from sitting in the snow while his parents were out having fun. She's holding Eric. Eric is the son of Percy and Lorna. Note his skin color. I couldn't work out how that was possible when both parents had such fair skin. Until I saw the position of Lorna's skin slider.

Haley001.jpg

Interestingly, their daughter who was born much later, was born with very pale skin and blond hair. Can't find a picture of her either but she does appear in my Oscar's Childhood videos as she's living at the Chocolate Cake Island Boarding School too.

I have a personal policy of not changing anything other than hair style and clothes of my born in game sims. But once I worked out what had happened to Eric I moved his slider to the left because I never could resolve in my own mind that a child, born to such fair skinned parents, could be so dark.

This is Eric now. He's at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island and appears in Oscar's Childhood videos. Here he is reading a bedtime story to Oscar.
    Screenshot-58.jpg

Eric again - all I did was move his skin slider to the left so it reflected his father's slider position.
    Eric-Koffi001.jpg

It happened again with one of Percy's brothers who ended up with a very dark skinned child even though he and his wife (another Dragon Valley townie) had a baby.

Here is Sammeh with his baby sitter
    Sammehs-Birthday004.jpg

Both his parents have similarly pale skin but one has the multi coloured skin from Dragon Valley and he inherited his father's skin and mother's skin slider position. I moved Sammeh's skin slider too now so his skin colour appears to match his parents.