Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all! Just popping in to tell everyone after a long break I'm finally back and really excited to connect with all The Drifters again! It took me forever to finish House 005 this go around and even longer to work through my writer's block, but I finally finished. So expect to see me hopping from thread to thread again catching up with what everyone has going on.

I'm so far behind on everything. I haven't even bought Seasons yet because I was forcing myself to finish the story for Gen 5 thinking it would motivate me to get it done. Apparently I didn't want it as badly as I thought because it took me over a year & 1/2 to finish! But I finally did, so now I get to FINALLY purchase Seasons (and everything else that's been released since). I'm so excited. I've missed my little Simmies.

Enough of my rambling for now, except...

@Fennadev I'm assuming you got the cowplant thing worked out. It's been awhile since I've had one and I'm not sure what all the updates and new releases have done to it, but I was able to get all unique essences by just letting my uncontrollable family members go after the cake on their own. My little Ramblers were obsessed with it! So hopefully yours will surprise you too and you'll hit the goal. Be sure to let us know how it goes. :)

Have fun & Happy Drifting everyone! I'm off to buy some expansion packs. :smiley:
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @breemiles, your drifter sims look lovely!

@fennadev, you are right pregnant sims can't eat the cake of the cowplant.

@alliemac, welcome back! Have fun with seasons!

I just had a break too, but am now trying to catch up with writing about my drifter sims' adventures on my blog. I've played several houses ahead.
    @illusie I definitely need to catch up on yours!! Do you find it hard going back to do the writing when you get that far ahead. It was practically torture for me to get back into writing Einstein's story after waiting so long to do it. (Proabably in part because it's the second story I had to come up with for that house too.) I'm always tempted to play far ahead and worry about writing later, but figure I'd never actually do it if I didn't force myself before moving to the next house.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @alliemac, yes it is a challenge to get back to writing. I was thinking about stopping with writing so just stopped, and now regret it. I'll have to force myself to write everything down again
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just quit playing the challenge for a while again, hoping to get through without the unique essences, not gonna care for them anymore. I finished them in my lost save already way back. Now just gonna continue drifting and hoping to get some changes on the house. I don't write about, just post pictures in the thread of the challenge.

Unfortenately there's no house 3 thread.

Edit;
    Anyways I played for a little while, my heir Julian was born and then my girl accidentely ate the cake again after already eating whilst inspired which meant certain death and not fullfilling the challenge. Anyways I made Ronald her husband,boyfriend, I dunno anymore beg for her life. And it worked! So I am just continuing like nothing happened.
    Julian:
    alDiioV.png

Death of Justice, look at all the random people, Ronald is bottom left:
    uSZF151.png

And she was revived, which is awesome for me, because it means I don't lose one day of playing.
    NLNsDeR.png

And I discovered Ronald is a hotty in simterms, so gave him a slight makeover, this is the first time I like a beard in the Sims
    jLFjArQ.png
    Post edited by Fennadev on
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Yicks! That was a close call. Glad it turned out well in the end.
    I am glad begging for grim worked! Yay!
    @Fennadev So awesome that it worked! Grim has never given any of mine back.
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I am almost finished with Drifter Challenge 1. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

Are we allowed to give things to our other sims? Can I give the heir plants to take with her?

Also, it says deduct the worth of whatever is in the heir's inventory. Does she take the 35k simoleons from Mom/Dad and deduct the new lot and inventory worth from that? Cause that sounds too easy.

Thanks!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @shakerella No, you deduct it from your starting funds in the next house. Since you start with 0 funds, that means whatever you take with you HAS to be paid for before you can buy anything else in the new house. So, for example, if you wanted to take a plant with her, and the plant is worth 51 simoleons, you have to earn and pay for 51 simoleons before you can get anything else, like a toilet or a bed. Make sense?
    @IllusoryThrall That is what I was thinking. Thanks for making it clear.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Hello Drifters!! LOOOOONG time no chat!

I have heard that you guys are really wanting a new House 003 thread, and I can't blame ya for that! Unfortunately I was never able to get that thread recovered which is a huge shame! There were some wonderful stories posted there and we had a tally going, which was also lost! :'(

Anyways....I'm planning on creating a new House 003 thread as well as fully updating all the rules posted here to match with the rules that are posted on my blog! I made a post on Twitter (that @illusie was kind enough to post here) that I was no longer updating rules here and everything, but if I'm creating a new House 003 thread with rules...I want it ALL updated and matching (if that makes sense)!? I have Thursday off from work and will try my best to get a new House 003 thread created and update all (or as many as I can get through) the rules here to be current (as of Realm Of Magic)!! This may take a while since I am not able to copy/paste info on the Forums since it's not in the same format, and needs to be all re-typed, but for you guys...it shall be done!! I'm hopeful with the format I've been using on my blog that any updates shouldn't be TOO strenuous, so I might be able to keep updating here....but we'll have to see...

I am sorry that I haven't been here chatting and catching up with all of your Drifter stories and such...I will try my best to also pop in here and check on things every once in a bit!

*If for some reason you'd like a copy of the rules that are currently posted here...make sure you print those out before Thursday the 26th as I will be removing those and replacing them with the "new" rules that are on my blog
    -Don't worry...the new set is basically more organized and easier to follow, it doesn't change the nature of the challenge (and aside from some minor changes) doesn't change the goals/game play, so by swapping to the updated rules, you won't "ruin" your current saves

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    Thank you @Vihisha all your hard work is appreciated.
    @Vihisha Thank you!! You created a wonderful challenge! It has several goals so one doesn't tire of the same over and over. Hope it gets easy once you update House 001 and can copy paste some of that to the next ones.
    You're both so very welcome! :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    There is a new thread created for House 003, so all links (on page 1 of this thread) should now be in working order!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @mojot89 You're so very welcome!! I know there have been many Drifters looking for that silly thread that was deleted, and I realize it may be preventing so many people from playing The Drifter Challenge in the first place! It was high time I re-wrote the updated rules here and added back a House 003 thread!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Calling all Drifters!!
    If you, or you know of someone who completed the entire Drifter Challenge (Houses 001-024) please let me know so that I can add them to the list I have on the House 024 thread! I would love to be able to display everyone over there :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha, you are amazing! Thank you for makign a new thread for house 3 and for updating them all! <3
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    I am starting the challenge once again now with the revamped rules. I have a question: @Vihisha, I don’t own Dine Out so instead of a restaurant, can I place a bar or a café on the Futures Past lot?
    @tiipii, what I did when I didn't own dine out yet was to build a restaurant where I'd click on hire a caterer. It worked.
    This is the restaurant without dineout, in case you are interested.
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks, @illusie . Your lot looks amazing. I'll definitely use that since I am not in the mood to start building myself.
    Hi @Tiipii :) You can add any lot you'd like to the Future's Past...just remember about when/where you can travel per each of the House rules, as the lot you put there may not be available right away
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    That's a really neat idea as well, Lu!
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top