Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post the last screenshot you took in The Sims 3

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    ‘That’s not what I said. This is about Shasta, and only about her. Not her family. But then again, I can extend my offer to the boy. As long as he doesn’t come after me or cross my path in any way.’

tgw01-56-113.jpg?w=660&zoom=2
    NymlADp.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @jillbg : Oh, I´m so sorry, yes, I got mixed up! As I mentioned: must be the age! :D Sorry again!
    And I´ve heard about the wayback machine, but I don´t know, how to use it! :) (And now perhaps I coudn´t say again that it must be my age that I can´t work with it! I should admit, that I´m hopelessly overchallenged when it comes to "computers"! :D )
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @starguru Talking about expressive :D What happened to the poor sim? A meteor? He sure didn't have the time to flee from whatever hit him...
    Nah, it wasn’t anything as dramatic as a meteor. Sphinx had an underground text adventure in one of the deeper holes he drilled with the miner. In the pic he's coming up after exploring some tunnels; sometimes Sims return singed from those. I suppose the moodlet from that is the reason for him making that face, lol.

But given the way the still shot looks, it reminded me of that memorable scene from LOTR where Gandalf falls in the Mines of Moria.
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    @starguru : and then the Balrog hit him!
    Priceless, the look on his face!
    Exactly! First zombie bears in the mausoleum, now Balrogs in the mining tunnels! :lol:
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @starguru It looks like your sim had some accident happen while he was exploring a miner tunnel. Do you remember what happened? I like reading the notices during my sims' rabbithole travels. It's especially amusing when things follow them out, like arrows flying out of the time machine behind them.
    I don’t remember the specifics, but this adventure was pretty tame. Maybe because he wasn't thin enough to fit through the crack and explore further? I was actually surprised to see him come out singed since he doesn't usually.

I enjoy reading the adventure notifs too, and how they sometimes come back in different period outfits. The time machine adventures are especially dramatic. Now you have me trying to think of all the places where Sims can have text adventures so I can take a Sim on all the different types, lol. There’s the mausoleum, the tunnels drilled with the miner, the time machine, upgraded wardrobes, upgraded space cars, underwater diving caves... I think there might be some more, but I can’t remember them atm.
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    edited August 2019
    dQVK29F.jpg
    Nancy Landgraab in the Vistoso Speed Machine!
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Brett talks to Shelly :)

68896366_10156533353706497_6037836025097617408_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmi8Ytq0iiGHz6zQqJmXQgqC7to5STcYjBwzNKNnOkC1BS-JZ3qpHjbQCYUNcz5o6LY4-cCRyVe5ARamcErbZ4f&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e51c143d4d25fa0b17c010a0220b4063&oe=5E0A3DC4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    I enjoy reading the adventure notifs too, and how they sometimes come back in different period outfits. The time machine adventures are especially dramatic. Now you have me trying to think of all the places where Sims can have text adventures so I can take a Sim on all the different types, lol. There’s the mausoleum, the tunnels drilled with the miner, the time machine, upgraded wardrobes, upgraded space cars, underwater diving caves... I think there might be some more, but I can’t remember them atm.

There's the gyroscopic conductor, upgraded with the dimensional gate. I didn't know the wardrobes could be upgraded. I'll have to look into that.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited August 2019
    I got the message that dresser "fixed the outfit of Hank Goddard", which struck me as slightly odd, as he wasn't due for any birthday in a long time. When I centered the image on him, I got to see this:
    CJdFAbP.jpg
    Seriously? That's what you call "fixing"? And who stole his face? I guess we experience some serious case of "invasion of the face snatchers".

This was one of the few times where I didn't mind that the game decided to end this travesty with an error 12.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Just discovered you can horizontally tilt the camera in Free Cam mode. Makes even the most ordinary screenshots interesting.
    bUYgKXl.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Mikezumi Yes, I did. I had to reload a prior save, and fortunately, it was the normal Hank Goddard there.
    @Turjan He probably got a corrupt work outfit on promotion or something. I have had sims replaced by default sims before when they got stuck aging up due to a bad work outfit :#
    edited August 2019
    That sounds like a likely explanation. The family had just come back from a WA vacation, and that pretty much always messes up work outfits.

Weirdly enough, the only way to fix this that I've found so far is to go to university and come back.
    @Turjan Do you use DebugEnabler? Whenever my sims come back from uni or vacation I use DebugEnabler to fix the home world. City Hall/Computer > Nraas > Options: City Hall/Computer > Sim > Fix Homeworld. I don't know if it does anything for work outfits but it's a good thing to do when returning to the home world.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

Despite a great night out, Jenni still had some boogie in her.

ZxkbxdZ.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the tip. No, I've never done that. I do the "reset everything" in MC>Town from time to time, but that doesn't seem to fix work outfits. I should try whether this gets rid of the routing issues both of my neighbors (Alto and Landgraab) constantly have.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    starguru wrote: »

There's the gyroscopic conductor, upgraded with the dimensional gate. I didn't know the wardrobes could be upgraded. I'll have to look into that.
    D’OH! That’s it! I play enough handy Sims (and like completing all the upgrades for the skill challenges) that I should’ve remembered that one. Another object I’d forgotten incorporates text adventures—the VR goggles. It’s been forever since I’ve bought my Sims one of those.

And yes, wardrobes can be upgraded to become a portal by a witch, once they level the spellcasting skill to be able to do magical upgrades.
    Fishtank WooHoo!

fishtankwoohoo_zpsibjvj0sv.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I just love how alive everyone's games are. This is such an awesome thread.
    I had some time to build a little today, so my last screenie was a rather lopsided picture of my current WIP

tumblr_pwtoowi1Bl1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @pary Your house is gorgeous! The pink siding looks so summery and sophisticated :)
    There is tension in the group...

69489375_10156534413691497_3575848238592294912_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkL-HB1l71yv4FfM5vJVT_N3N_PEpensg69SW0QZZHo9cmbVA0nK8X0cnyi_qa4grI7XBUhhtZWDandEl0-bksJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=76dcdc190bf454283498f8255b728796&oe=5DD8911B
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I just love how alive everyone's games are. This is such an awesome thread.
    I had some time to build a little today, so my last screenie was a rather lopsided picture of my current WIP

tumblr_pwtoowi1Bl1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

@Pary This house looks so cute, very inviting.
    I aged up Tay Bayless in response to a question asked in another thread :D
    48622828606_4f438d14ca_o.jpg
    Brett is interested in Shelly:

68996899_10156534414736497_7300296530240471040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnglAbVjuHxrIQsALr7EHSF17BnIi4-ZKvnMGY24tG9OrBRKX_Nhqomq2BmbLI7RKxQuzRVNJM3ObxULwc7A-Lk&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=fc319354e4fa6898bc40c5b1c291d7ed&oe=5E1539B7
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    Last picture from last night:
    Lucien and Destiny
    dK9Gb08.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file