Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you get Realm Of Magic just for stuff, not gameplay?

13...Next

Comments

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I bought a lot of packs for the stuff buy I don't ask that the gameplay be changed to my liking. 60% percent of parenthood would be gone from my game if I could. So I get very irritated about what was done to Vampires. Go into it with your eyes open, make sure the stuff is worth it before you buy, but don't buy and then get upset because the game play actually shows up when you play the game. They won't do toggles so all that can happen is nerfs.

Gurus have already confirmed that magic only happens if you go through the portal and bring it back with you. Otherwise it just stays out and you can ignore it if you want.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I bought a lot of packs for the stuff buy I don't ask that the gameplay be changed to my liking. 60% percent of parenthood would be gone from my game if I could. So I get very irritated about what was done to Vampires. Go into it with your eyes open, make sure the stuff is worth it before you buy, but don't buy and then get upset because the game play actually shows up when you play the game. They won't do toggles so all that can happen is nerfs.

Gurus have already confirmed that magic only happens if you go through the portal and bring it back with you. Otherwise it just stays out and you can ignore it if you want.

While I consider toggles the best option, it is good to know they are trying to allow us to tone down the magic. I don't see myself ignoring magic, but I do try to ignore vampires in most saves, while I can really enjoy my one vampire save as well.

As for the topic of buying a pack for CAS/BB, I have done this too. In my case with get Famous, cat and dogs (the world was what I wanted most), spa day and to some extent even vampires. These are not necessarily bad packs but they offer gameplay I don't care about or just don't use. Apart from get Famous, I don't really regret buying them.

If you don't want to use all the content in a pack, I would advise you not to pay for all the content and wait for a sale. They are only worth full price to me if I use the main gameplay. But in the end that's up to you and whatever budget you have to spend on this game...
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No, not really (it is an themed pack and if I wasn't a fan, I would either skip or wait for a sale). It costs more then a stuff pack and if I am not playing an occult sim or a goth sim and assuming I wasn't into it, I would rarely use the content. Lucky for me, I love the occults and a lot of the items that I have seen, so it would get a lot of use.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Done it a few times already, will do so for RoM as well.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It depends: The nature and extent of the pre-pack 'patch' damage, contents of pack, the reviews, level of disappointment/frustration/complaints here in the forums. Of late the gap between pack reality and hype is rather large, so keeping my powder dry and wallet closed.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No, because I never get any packs just for CAS and build mode. It's why I have no stuff packs.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    I was going to.. as I really would like that small forest world, and I played witches in TS1 and TS2 (still play) , so I might even get into gameplay.

But.. not so sure anymore... LOL, I know this is most likely stupid, but I cannot help, but think , that maybe they released the trailer a bit too early :) I mean, I was exited/hyped when I saw it! But now.. everyday, everything I read is ROM this and ROM that, and I have found that day after day I get less and less interested about it, almost bored, lol.

NOTE: That is only how I feel atm, do not get me wrong, it is nice and lovely that most people are so hyped about it :)<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I'm considering it. Not really interested in magic, but I'm leaning towards getting the pack. What I've seen looks interesting. I may even decide to use magic someday.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This is MY KIND OF PACK, so I'll be utilizing all of this particular game pack, but I have purchased packs in the past for the buy/build mode items only. (spa day, outdoor retreat, and parenthood for the game packs whose game play did not appeal to me, but the buy/build items did. I won't even get into the stuff packs, there are A LOT of those that I purchased simply for the buy/build mode items... especially my greatest disappointment, laundry day. I've used the washers and dryers once... literally... that's it, once, and that was just to see if I could light my sim on fire.)

So to answer your question, YES! If you like the buy/build mode items, I still feel it's worth it to buy the pack even if you don't like the game play portions. I've done it frequently in the past, and I haven't regretted it yet, but value is in the eye of the beholder, so obviously you need to do what feels right for you.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    IF (and it's a big if) the world with 5 lots is good/interesting enough and the build/buy content is interesting enough, I might buy this at a later date when it's on sale. I have a mod for changing residential worlds into destination worlds - If I did this I ould make it a destination world that I would think of as an extension of Granite Falls, as from what I've seen it looks very similar to GF.

TBH, from what I've seen there is very little about this pack that doesn't put me off it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I’m someone who will buy the pack just for build and buy items, plus the world. I rarely play with vampires but prefer witches so will probably have a seperate save for that. But main game for me is realism.

However I also didn’t buy vampires and then complain that I see them from to time. I think overall the sims team have done a good job of letting the player buy into the occult stuff if they want and not if they don’t. Sounds like RoM will be that way too.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I’d probably buy the stuff for the pack wouldn’t really do much gameplay in that area.
  • DJQ1308DJQ1308 Posts: 44 Member
    Yup. I'm not really into the Occults in any pack, so don't really play them. I bought Vampire pack just for the world, CAS and BB...will be the same for this one.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I know a lot of you don’t like mods, but some are really helpful. If you don’t want vampires, poof they’re gone with MCCC. If you’re tired of the Strangerville mystery, poof it’s gone with twistedmexi’s ‘unlock all cheats’ mod. 💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I don’t use supernatural elements in my Sims games (even in previous iterations), so I wouldn’t use magic in my game. However, the build/CAS aspects look AMAZING. Also, I hear that you only get magic if you go through the door, otherwise things stay the same.

So now I’m thinking about getting the pack just for the aesthetics, rather than gameplay.

Is anyone else thinking this or, or would you only get a game pack for the gameplay, not just the ‘stuff’?

I am. I, too, am not crazy about supernaturals. I only like space aliens because I'm a huge original Star Trek fan. Love Spock (Leonard Nimoy's version, that is.) Have him in my game. I didn't purchase vampires, but some of the stuff looked good. I would be more afraid of having a Sim autonomously study and bring the vampires into my game, though. In the beginning, things were crazy-insane. But, I may go ahead and risk it for some of the items in RoM. I don't know, I'm still on the fence.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I am. I, too, am not crazy about supernaturals. I only like space aliens because I'm a huge original Star Trek fan. Love Spock (Leonard Nimoy's version, that is.) Have him in my game. I didn't purchase vampires, but some of the stuff looked good. I would be more afraid of having a Sim autonomously study and bring the vampires into my game, though. In the beginning, things were crazy-insane. But, I may go ahead and risk it for some of the items in RoM. I don't know, I'm still on the fence.

Magic is unlike Vampires 100% ignorable.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    From 2014 to 2017 I couldn't purchase online the Gameplays & Stuff Packs. Only by a fluke that I was able to purchase the bundle Spa Day/Perfect Padio at EB Gamestop. Then I finally got a new interact card to use online in Sept. 2018 & purchased 1st the Vampires & Spooky packs. I continued per month purchasing by themes. And now that I'm up with speed with the games I will be getting Realm of Magic to go with my Vampires & Spooky games as well as the new worlds.