Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Quietly Killed Multiple Storey Basements?! [Fixed in Patch 9/5/19]

Comments

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm a rotational player, and I was planning to rotate over to a HH that has a multi-level, open, basement. Do I understand correctly that if I do so, there is a decent chance that the first-level-down basement will now appear to have a floor where there should be open space? I would rather skip over this HH until the bug is fixed than have to deal with that! :astonished: (This set of savegames started in 2015 so it has a lot of bugs but is still very playable...just filled with annoyances here & there.)

edited for clarity
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Gosh, I'm not terribly adept at building a regular basement, let alone one with multiple levels! This is over my head. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I recently built a two-level basement in Strangerville but never used it. I tried using it yesterday, and my Sim was unable to go down there.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2019
    To help further the discussion in this thread, and trying to do it in the least aggressive manner possible, the very first time that I ever noticed something 'going on' underground was in Brindleton Bay after C&D was released. I immediately cleared the 64x64 lot, hoping to build a something spectacular on it, and of course doing my usual of cutting out the under-ground only to then start building up on it, but instead of having a clean, open sub level, the water from the ocean/bay next to the lot was what I saw filling the open space after clearing the top ground level. IIRC, that has since been fixed (if silently), and it was right around then IIRC that they released the first-person camera mod that they basically said was 'modded-in' by someone in-house from the dev team. To add just a bit of salt, the whole extra two sub-levels that came out shortly thereafter acted (to me, from my original bug report) to have been 'modded-in' as well, in that there were too many issues that I was experiencing (verified by BryonyRae) with being able to not only add paint to the inner walls of a sub-three or four (sometimes even sub-2) floor, or being able to alter any walls without experiencing the 'dirt flooring issue' that we now have as a permanent fixture (until it gets solved). We who use & know this method of building are seemingly few, but for us who do use it a lot and enjoy it, it is a nightmare to have...
    Post edited by minimonsterscott on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    To help further the discussion in this thread, and trying to do it in the least non-aggressive manner possible, the very first time that I ever noticed something 'going on' underground was in Brindleton Bay after C&D was released. I immediately cleared the 64x64 lot, hoping to build a something spectacular on it, and of course doing my usual of cutting out the under-ground only to then start building up on it, but instead of having a clean, open sub level, the water from the ocean/bay next to the lot was what I saw filling the open space after clearing the top ground level. IIRC, that has since been fixed (if silently), and it was right around then IIRC that they released the first-person camera mod that they basically said was 'modded-in' by someone in-house from the dev team. To add just a bit of salt, the whole extra two sub-levels that came out shortly thereafter acted (to me, from my original bug report) to have been 'modded-in' as well, in that there were too many issues that I was experiencing (verified by BryonyRae) with being able to not only add paint to the inner walls of a sub-three or four (sometimes even sub-2) floor, or being able to alter any walls without experiencing the 'dirt flooring issue' that we now have as a permanent fixture (until it gets solved). We who use & know this method of building are seemingly few, but for us who do use it a lot and enjoy it, it is a nightmare to have...

You got a water level? :o
    It does look as if Maxis are making experiments to the Terrain Tools and they need to know that it impacts builders options but Maxis's problem has been to get water into the terrain tools to work anyway and we still haven't got it yet. Now we have sea levels in Island Living it might come in a later patch and we might lose a couple of basement levels if the house is on ground level to start off with. Does it still have problems if you set your house on a high level and not ground level at start? I've never used the 'remove floor' option for my basements so cannot comment on that, maybe something is coming in a new pack that has affected it perhaps because Patches tend to get us ready for upcoming Packs anyway.

It can't be easy for Maxis to sort this out but I, myself, am willing to give up a couple of basement levels to get my Sims swimming in Brindleton Bay and the other worlds.

Both would be better though and I sympathise.
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    ...it might come in a later patch and we might lose a couple of basement levels if the house is on ground level to start off with.

:(

I hope they warn us before they remove basement levels. I have secret underground lairs for super villains & super heroes, and I used the maximum number of basement levels. :s
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Did you see this from SimGuruKuxiku? (5 hrs ago as of now)
    Sul sul, everyone!

First of all, thanks for all your reports, screenshots and for sharing your experiences with us! Standard smile

It truly makes a huge difference to our team knowing that you guys got our backs!

I can confirm that our QA team is aware of this issue and that we are currently tracking this.
    We appreciate everyone's patience while we continue to investigate further!

Once we have further information, we will make sure update you accordingly!

Happy Simming!

eta: ahem. This is in response to the linked bug-report about the issue/s with split-level basements being discussed here. :wink:
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    Yeah--I'm currently rotating between HHs based on (imagined) year-of-birth, & it's time to play a HH with a multi-level, split-level basement. Problem is, off the balcony of the first-level-down basement is what appears to be a solid dirt floor, instead of a view of the room below. It's hideous. I exited my game without saving, & since then have been metaphorically twiddling my thumbs w/TS4. That's the HH I want to play right now, & it's unplayable. Trying to get myself interested in moving on to the next youngest kid (currently focused on playing all the kids), but it ain't workin.' /shrug (Too tired to play anyway!)
  • Options
    jesskamoonjesskamoon Posts: 2 New Member
    I am seeing this issue too, so I am thinking it must not be fixed yet. I really want to make a multi story basement again. So many ideas... please fix soon!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have joined the 'me too' party. While I don't have many basements like this, I do have a few, and expect them to be fully functional as intended. We are now at 211.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... looks like building a nice little basement for a rocket is out of the question. Will probably join the “me too”-choir after I have tried it once in game.
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    SimQARobo posted on AHQ on 8/28 that this bug should be fixed in the next patch.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    SimQARobo posted on AHQ on 8/28 that this bug should be fixed in the next patch.

That's good to know. Because I do have one lot where I have a deep basement no subflooring between levels, (more than one level) and if I reloaded that lot to play I would have been very upset to see this bug from terrain tools- I presume.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member

I was not aware of that! Thanks for the info. I'm even more excited for this update.
  • Options
    Yes. Provided they don't do a repeat of June and break half the bloody game. Yes, am still ticked on that one.
  • Options
    jerv2409jerv2409 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been having the same problem, but with any floors above the first. when I try to place a second floor it tries to place it inside the first floor.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    They created this bug about 3 months ago i think? Finally fixing it is good, but my god these guys are poor at testing their game.

I remember after the island living update, the bug was discovered almost immediately proving that EA does not bug test their games properly.

I didn't even bother playing the game since June because I figured they had no intention of fixing it. Glad it will finally be fixed, but what else will break in the many more rushed updates they have planned? They obviously don't care about quality, they just want constant releases and fast easy profits.

They will leave Sims 4 in a totally broken state by the time Sims 5 comes out. It's hard to know when I should stop updating the game because at some point they will break it so bad it will be unplayable.

Imagine five more years of monthly patches.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Fox CunningFox Cunning Posts: 15 Member
    Is this still bugged? I haven't had much time to play lately.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Goosey wrote: »
    They created this bug about 3 months ago i think? Finally fixing it is good, but my god these guys are poor at testing their game.

I remember after the island living update, the bug was discovered almost immediately proving that EA does not bug test their games properly.

I didn't even bother playing the game since June because I figured they had no intention of fixing it. Glad it will finally be fixed, but what else will break in the many more rushed updates they have planned? They obviously don't care about quality, they just want constant releases and fast easy profits.

They will leave Sims 4 in a totally broken state by the time Sims 5 comes out. It's hard to know when I should stop updating the game because at some point they will break it so bad it will be unplayable.

Imagine five more years of monthly patches.

Noooo...... Mail for Titanic may be posted here.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Is this still bugged? I haven't had much time to play lately.

It will be fixed in tomorrow's patch according to SGNick, I believe.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It seems fixed.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Patched today, according to the 5th Anniversary Update patch notes, here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965682/september-5th-2019-patch-notes#latest
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on