Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Commercial Lots and Staff Available to them

Hello all - I searched the site and didn't find an answer to this topic but it's not really a bug...

I'm building a movie theater but not sure what type of venue I should use. Of course the viewing room and bathrooms, but there is a "front desk" at the ticket counter and a bar at the snack counter plus a hostess stand where they take tickets. I didn't think all would be staffed I was hoping for at minimum a bar tender, next choice front desk, and I had hoped the hostess stand stayed empty - it's just for looks. Might swap to a podium.

Anyway, generic resulted in no staff and no NPC visitors. Museum also resulted in no staff. I can make it a bar, lounge, cafe or a nightclub but then I'd have to add tables, barstools, etc and I don't really want to. Ideas? How have others made theaters work?

Is there a guide somewhere that tells you what staff works at which venue types? Or a cheat?

TIA!
I'm GND968 in the Gallery.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One idea would be to use the lot type you want, but add a basement, and place the items you don't want to see in the basement.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I heard you can size down the required objects and hide them and your lot should work. Not that this is the best option but it's an option.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2019
    There is also a mod that removes the need for requirements on lots.
    No Venue Requirements

Update 26 August
    I'm afraid I cannot recommend this mod as I have been getting Error Code 109 when my Sim, who lives in Willow Creek, tries to travel to the library in Willow Creek.
    Post edited by sirguylittle on
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    You could make a feature of it, and create one of those cinemas that serves food and drink, and have some table service areas in the screens.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    I opted for a bar and snuck tables, chairs and barstools in subtle places but no actual seating area. I'm going to live test it in a few - thanks for the suggestions - the basement is a really cool idea. I don't reall want mods - they are cool but I end up having issues.

Thanks!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    My local cinema actually has a bar in it so I would probably use that as my venue type.
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    I ended up going with bar and tucked tables, chairs and bar stools in places that didn't create a bar since I only wanted a snack counter. Play tested and done! Thanks for input!
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    For future reference, no one will go to a generic lot unless you bring/invite them. You can basically use them as private lots.

As for venues, you'll get employees based on the lot type. A bar will get you a bartender, a cafe a barista, etc. When you visit lots, you can hire additional employees by clicking on things like bars or stoves. It costs your household money, though.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have one that’s a bar. Out back there is a small park like area with picnic tables and grill. A couple chairs inside next to the 4 player gaming machine. It even has a popcorn popper. And love seats and chairs that look like they belong in a movie theatre. I also have a drive in theatre with some counters and bar stools and counters.. It’s considered a bar too. I also have some of the portable outdoor chairs ( outdoor retreat) for watching the movie. Positioned next to, or in front of cars.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    There is also a mod that removes the need for requirements on lots.
    No Venue Requirements

Update 26 August
    I'm afraid I cannot recommend this mod as I have been getting Error Code 109 when my Sim, who lives in Willow Creek, tries to travel to the library in Willow Creek.

Please note my update to my previous post.