Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community lots to add to a world

I’m thinking of creating my own save file from scratch and I’m looking to get a list of community lots I could add to my game

Also anybody created a functioning cinema even with the use of mods?

like a fee to enter to see the movie etc.

Do you think it’s vital there’s a lot of residential lots in the worlds? As I don’t really visit neighbours often.

Thanks in advance! I really need a BIG list

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Leave alone Cinemas... They would never work as Cinemas, and plum because as they had the ability to make sims watch the countdown to midnight for holidays tradition, they would have had the ability to make sims watch movies when movie stuff was released without them changing channel every plum second. I do have some lot to suggest but I'm not on my PC right now... I'll look into it later.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm trying to do the same thing. It's very hard to think of a good variety of lots.
    This Sims Wiki article provides a basic list of all the lot types in TS4. But, with a little imagination these broad lot types can get more specific.
    Restaurants: Drive In Diner
    With bb.showliveeditobjects, we have access to a gas station pavilion, which sort of looks like a Sonic-type drive in sonic-drivein-e1510339813402.jpg

Rainforest Themed Restaurant
    Using debug or sized up rocks and moveobjects indoor palm trees might be cool
    W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2RkMzAzMmMxMGY5MjE0MGJiNV80MzAwMjMyMzhfNTU4MTQ2NGVkN19iLmpwZyJdLFsicCIsInRodW1iIiwieDM5MD4iXSxbInAiLCJjb252ZXJ0IiwiLXF1YWxpdHkgODEgLWF1dG8tb3JpZW50Il1d

Lounges: Comedy Club
    Build a stage with a brick wall backdrop and some curtains, add microphone
    c700x420.jpg

Retail: Funeral Parlour
    Yes, definitely morbid, but with Get to Work and Vampires, you can sell coffins in a retail lot...
    casket-store-21761112.jpg

Toy store
    Using the huge childrens show set pieces from Get Famous might come in handy
    eub-10071484.jpg

Pools: Water Park
    With some rocks, palms, and the ship set pieces from Get Famous or the shipwreck from Island Living
    Screen-Shot-2018-05-13-at-3.14.21-PM-700x387.png

Museum? Park? Observatory
    finally a use for the OBNOXIOUSLY large telescope--just add a few domed roofs (rooves?)
    Yerkes-Observatory-older-shot-1.jpg

Hopefully this is a good start. I definitely am going to follow this post for other suggestions too as I am also on the lookout for more community lot ideas

Post edited by jadonbakes on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like to make career lots and have my sims form groups with their work colleagues and meet at those lots for 1) getting to know each other better, 2) Skilling in job related skills and 3) storytelling screenshots.

I have had the following:
    Astronaut centre
    Military base
    Office block for business, with a basement for a criminal hideout
    Cookery and mixology school
    Art centre
    Spy/tech guru place

Edit: forgot one - a music centre where sims can go to make a racket on every kind of instrument and practice singing and acting.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

I actually have a cinema lot type and it works pretty well, with the help of littleMsSams Mods.
    The Sims dont pay and have no entry. They usually grab theyre popcorn and watch the movie.

prn7i2w8.png

I also have an;
    Internet Cafe
    Arcade Center
    Playground for kids
    Playground for toodlers (this is where i host toodler play dates)
    Yoga Park
    Photo Studio
    Farmers Market

and of course the usual lot types that ea provides for us.
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    Some cool ideas, sometimes I feel I genuinely run out of ideas for things for my sims to do idk..
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    What lot types/venes we want in future packs:

Video game arcade

Laundromat

Bank

Fire station

Hotels/motels

Buildable apartments

Multi-purpose community lots like the ones in Sims 1

Movie theaters/drive-in movies

Amusement parks/county fairs

Farmers' markets

Zoos/aquariums

Schools

Warehouses

Auto garages

Factories

Police stations and hospitals that arent' rabbit holes

Convienience stores(like 7-11)

Family entertainment centers(like Chuck E Cheese)

No more gymas or libraries or bars,and no more venues that require a bar ust to work. I'm looking at you,art centers! When was the last time you saw a bar in an art center?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited December 2019
    I really want to make a dance studio. Hopefully some day, Sims can do more than just electronica/club-based typed dancing.
    Also I was thinking about making a roller rink or an ice rink, but I haven't tried it yet. Or an art academy. Or a music school. (And you can create clubs where the activities revolve around the appropriate activities and their designated hangout would be the community lot. Actually I think I'm going to go with this approach myself).

A bowling alley if you have the Bowling pack.
    Internet Cafe
    Event Center (so a designated place where events like weddings or charity organizations or fan meets can be held).
    Community Garden center
    Basketball court/gym
    Child development center
    Tabletop/gaming (non-computer based) cafe
    Pet training center
    Some sort of clubhouse for Scouts

I guess you could start by brainstorming or looking up a list of all objects/activities that Sims can do or skills they can build and then just deciding if that activity warrants a lot.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Just a little add on to @PreCiious post and reply to yours at the same time. As he/she mentioned LittleMsSam's mod is the go to if you want a functioning cinema. She also has a mod that allows you to charge per entry.

So in my game my sim runs a live-in open air club in her backyard at night. She hires a DJ and mixologist, lock the housedoors so guest stay outside. Everyone pays I think 60 per entry can't really remember, and they dance through the night while she watches tv and only come out to hit on the hot guys. :P