Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Fenbury

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Hope you get well soon, Betty! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Bettyboop55 :) ,

I did open your thread in the hope of an update on Fenbury only to read that you are in hospital :'( .
    I'm so sorry to hear that the heatwave and new meds caused you so much trouble. I hope that you are starting to feel much better and you'll be back home soon. Take care! x
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Oh Betty I'm so sorry to hear you're back in the hospital! Sending prayers and love your way, I hope you recover very, very soon! <3

I'm going to post an update on mine, so I hope some pretty pictures will help ease your boredom! If you feel up to it and have some graph paper, you could sketch some more buildings for Fenbury and Throxton :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    I'm sorry to hear you're in hospital! I hope they get your meds right and the heat wave leaves. :hugz: :(
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Aww I will miss looking at the lovely pics of your progess on both of your worlds. I do hope you are felling better soon!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes, they really counted when it mattered. To add to my woes they discovered something wrong with my heart so on Wednesday I had a procedure to find and correct the problem. Scary but I am already out of bed and walking. I shall be here for a few more days to make sure the drug which caused the original problem is out my system. Then home to start work on my projects again.

Thank you everyone for any pics you have posted recently. It is greatly appreciated <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

So glad to read that you are on the mend and hopefully on your way to a full recovery! :)
    Well I am home. I am ordered to rest and take gentle walks only. Frustrating but I have a lot to be thankful for.

One of the things I was working on was a Garden Centre for Fenbury. It seems every time I think I am done with building I find something else I fancy adding. In this case it was out of necessity because I had forgotten Lady Alice is to be the owner. There is still a lot to do. I shall have to use buydebug to plant up the gardens. This is one of the rare occasions when I feel it is right to share the interior. Garden Centres in the UK tend to be more than a place for plants and gardening implements. Many have cafes, clothing, food halls and astonishing amounts of tat masquerading as art, home decor etc. Some even have pet shops. Our local one did for years and I used to love wandering among the caged parrots, budgies etc but tended to give the reptiles a wide berth. I apologise for the quality of the pictures but I do not want to take this version into live just yet.

AMtrGlw.png

cOFLZzv.png

e9WI28Z.png
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Yay Betty you're back!! I'm so glad you're home and back on your feet :)
    The garden center is beautiful, I love the contrast of the brick and the plants! I'd totally go shop there for my gardening needs :D
    Take it easy and rest up, we want you healthy! <3
    edited August 2019
    I have been busy working on yet another build. This time it is the house for a family of local criminals. I am a great fan of the Larkins from the Darling buds of May. The description of their yard being full of rusting oil cans, weeds and scratching chickens is the kind of establishment I want for the Ferris family. I should hopefully be done with the house shortly, or at least, the exterior. I am going to have great fun with the interior because tasteful it will not be, more likely OTT kitsch :D

Meet the Ferris family. Whereas the Larkins were lovable rogues they did have a sense of honesty and fair play, at least according to their lights. The Ferris family is another story but one I am going to have great fun telling.

OxS9Azn.png

Meet Wayne Ferris, head of the family, since his father Arnie was put away for a small matter of arson. When I say head I mean nominal head and here is why -

j0ShXr2.png

Meet Noleen Ferris, wife of Arnie and mother of Wayne. When Arnie was sent to prison, he entrusted the business to Noleen. Whatever Wayne might think he naturally defers to his mother. He knows what will happen if he doesn't because she might look like a little old lady who wouldn't harm a fly but the reality is very different.

UlHP42v.png

Meet Fancy, wife of Wayne and mother of their three children. Personally I think she is the best of the bunch. A lovable bar maid before her marriage, she remains kind hearted and is a good mother to her children. Difficult given she shares her home with a formidable Mother in Law. How much she knows about the business is debatable.

kibHCWP.png

Meet Ryan, the first of non-identical twins and the apple of his Granny's eye. Whether he will remain so is another matter for Ryan wants to break with family tradition and become a policeman ...........

7mdinBA.png

And this is Vinnie, the other twin and bidding fair to be as good a criminal as his brother will be a cop. Not the brightest but he already knows how to steal cars and has been taking lessons from Dad on safe breaking.

S60YcmI.png

This is Shannon. The baby of the family and, to be totally honest, a spoilt darling.

I should say I am aware that these sims are very much stereotypes but they are not based on anyone in particular, honest :)

Sim enim est vita
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    How lovely! Well as lovely as a family of criminals can be, lol. So much thought went into their designs you can really see what class of criminals they are. How many townie families are you planning for your world?
    Hello @KhemKat19 I'm glad you like the garden centre. It looks a little bare at the moment but I plan on adding quite a lot of fruit trees, fruits and vegetables at the back of the lot. At the moment all I have put out there are some beehives. I thought the brick would be a better match for Fenbury rather than the usual metal warehouse structure. When I saw the ivy planted against it I knew it was the right choice.

@KiearaPhoenix they are a villainous looking lot aren't they :) I once spent some time living in an inner city slum and observed quite a few characters like them so had plenty of material to draw on. As for townies I haven't given them much thought. I have 10 playable families in mind. As this is my first nearly complete world I have absolutely no idea how you add townies to the game and the number I should create. I need to read up on it.

Sim enim est vita
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    HI Betty and welcome back! So glad you are home now and mending well!

Love your garden center and your family of crime! I had no idea that the garden centers in the UK had so much going on inside. They sound almost like a garden with a mini mall inside.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had totally missed you being in hospital again! Glad you’re home again in the meantime, hope you feel ok and that rest does you good. I have your topic bookmarked but since I’m in your beautiful country (Hadrian’s Wall, thanks to your tip! and Yorkshire now) and only have my iPad to check the forums, I seem to miss things.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Hello @tammyjo329 and @JoAnne65 thank you :)

Sim enim est vita
    edited September 2019
    I have been a bit busy with other RL things including sleeping a lot but I have managed to do some more work on the house for the criminal family. It is still very much a WIP. I am debating whether or not to use MOO to put a washing machine or bath tub in the garden. I have yet to find the oil cans to add to the yard and have given up looking for now in order to keep my stress level to an absolute minimum :)

ruuGVJ4.png

yiLuQnr.png

LjonGTX.png

I did say that the interior would be OTT and as you can see I have made a start. I am even contemplating using decor items from the Katy Perry stuff pack !! The point is it is fun to do and if, in the future, anyone downloads Fenbury they can always change it to something more sophisticated :D

Edited for spelling mistake. Three years at University studying Latin and Ancient Greek and I should be able to spell sophisticated !

Sim enim est vita
    edited September 2019
    Not much new stuff to show. When I rearranged a number of lots along the sea front, I moved out the Alms Houses. I was never really satisfied with the build so have redone it and moved the lot to be next to the police station. Some might remember me saying I had based the design for the Alms Houses on some I saw in Barnstaple, Devon. The real Alms Houses were clustered around an inner courtyard and I have kept this design. Each residence has a small private garden, which needs further work and I have added a large tree to the courtyard. I have also been incredibly naughty because the tree is an Elm. As mentioned we have not had Elm trees in this country for over 40 years because a virus wiped out the population. As yet there is no known cure and the few remaining Elms are kept in places like Kew Gardens and arboretae. However in the world of Fenbury it would only be natural for a building as old as the Alms Houses to have an ancient Elm. The lot is intended for townies so I have not worried too much about internal decoration or clipping from plants.

j8hJ4tc.png

4gcKKSw.png

BF4x0o4.png

The second piece of work for this week involves the Palm Court apartments

jNfPTGY.png

Inspired by the lovely Art Deco buildings we see in the tv series of Poirot. I shall have to revisit this lot again to level it. I finally got round to moving the dustbin and mailbox and in the process discover a suspicious lump in the paving. It may well have happened when I smoothed the roads.

I have started decorating the penthouse apartment. Until I reload the Jazz Age and Glam Life sets from the store I am a bit stuck. I did find this lovely dining table and matching chairs. They remind me of Rene Mackintosh, particularly the chairs.

Do forgive me for showing the interiors. It is pure indulgence on my part as I know many people like to redecorate once they download a lot or world.

8wTFfPN.png

4qJiF9s.png

Sim enim est vita

Hi @Bettyboop55 :) ,

great updates, love seeing the new screenshots! <3

The Ferris family looks like you'd better stay far away from them, even the youngest seems a right meanie :p ... and their yard doesn't look too inviting for a neighbourly chat either ;)
    Love the Garden Centre, great idea to bring the carts inside!
    The Alms Houses look rather pretty now ... by the way there are still a few elms about that are Dutch Elm Disease resistant so why shouldn't Fenbury be home to one of them?! :)
    The interior of the furnished Palm Court Apartment is going to be rather posh :)

Looking forward to the next update. Happy Simming!!
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    Really like apartment interior. It's interesting to see chairs from Dragon Valley in art deco interior. They fit pretty well though. :smile: Building are nice too, I like buildings with inner courtyard, it makes them more representative and proud-looking.
    It has been a while since I last posted. Anyway I fancied a change from Throxton and have been busy decorating the interior of the library.

Just as a reminder.

8WiXOSG.png

mbBFgcF.png

vz5ejPY.png

273Xxxs.png

BC37dyk.png

Apologies for the quality of the pics but I am not good at taking screenshots.

Sim enim est vita
    edited January 2020
    This time I have concentrated on finishing the Library and working on the interior of the antique shop.

As a reminder the antique shop

GfHG7Kv.png

7mamBWH.png

N4KPHsj.png

The upper floor. I decided not to use paneling for the upper floor. I wanted the space to be light enough to display the antiques and the upper floor does not have the plate glass windows.

95HLeFW.png

As you can see the plate glass windows.

Zz9jtg5.png

Again my apologies for the quality of the pics. I really don't seem able to manage to take decent pics in EIG.

Edited for my poor typing. A strong coffee is needed :)

Sim enim est vita
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Your pics look good to me! Very lovely antique shop ^.^.

For picture taking I learned 2 things recently, pressing Tab will make the interfaces disappear and set up for better pic taking. (you will have to use keyboard to zoom in and move around). Press Tab again to return camera to normal

and if you open do ctl + C and fadeobjects off, things like ceiling lights and trees won't disappear if you want to include them in. then ctl+c and fadeobjects on to make them return to original.
    Your pics look good to me! Very lovely antique shop ^.^.

For picture taking I learned 2 things recently, pressing Tab will make the interfaces disappear and set up for better pic taking. (you will have to use keyboard to zoom in and move around). Press Tab again to return camera to normal

and if you open do ctl + C and fadeobjects off, things like ceiling lights and trees won't disappear if you want to include them in. then ctl+c and fadeobjects on to make them return to original.

Thank you for the tip. My builds are usually quite small so I have to choose odd angles for the pics and being able to see more of the picture with all the detail helps enormously.

Sim enim est vita
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    You added some lovely buildings!
    5JZ57S6.png

Lovely to see that you are continuing to build for your world. The interiors for the Library and Antique Shop look fabulous! :)