Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPRIGHT PIANOS in The Sims 4

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
8373-D9-C4-2-E11-4-BF6-A6-EC-38-AE763-F9-DF4.jpg

We still need upright pianos for the Piano skill in TS4. The current pianos are way too big for regular households.

Preferly manufactured by Chimeway & Daughters!
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2017
    Upright pianos have been in previous The Sims titles...
    latest?cb=20110126173908
    240?cb=20110427223058

This is HOW IT COULD LOOK LIKE in TS4
    MTS_ugly.breath-1508319-pianoshot3.JPG
    a256aFi.gif
  • AnonypigAnonypig Posts: 62 Member
    It would be a step between the keyboard and the grand piano that we have now. I'd definitely use it!
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    I would love to see this in game!
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    This is one of many regular sized objects we need. The dollhouses, the telescope, all of that stuff is gigantic. I do use the dollhouses when there is room but I have never owned a telescope in this game and I usually go for the keyboard or cheat the smaller career reward piano because the grand is so massive.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    This would be a nice addition.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited August 2017
    My grandparent's house needs this. I need this.

(ebony finish, Baldwin Hamilton, upright - k thanks!)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Strange to think we don't already have this :lol: but yea, I would love to see this again
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I remember begging for a grand piano in the other games when all we had were the upright ones, lol. Boy did we beg and often. Hope you get one, but I hope they add a feature so they will be self playing complete with their music rolls for the Sim to switch them. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    Pianos that I'd like to see

29VdLN.jpg
  • AngelSimmzAngelSimmz Posts: 41 Member
    Yes I love to have my sims play the piano because I like to listen to them. But sometimes I can't get one because I'd have to delete half my furniture or a wall to fit it.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Preslynn wrote: »
    This is one of many regular sized objects we need. The dollhouses, the telescope, all of that stuff is gigantic. I do use the dollhouses when there is room but I have never owned a telescope in this game and I usually go for the keyboard or cheat the smaller career reward piano because the grand is so massive.

I agree, they have way too many oversized objects, yet too many tiny lots.
  • MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    I have been missing upright pianos since Sims 2
    And we could put stuff on top of it, it would look awesome :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    This would be ideal for smaller houses, definitely!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    100% want it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    YEah, gonna get on this bandwagon, cos an upright is all that will fit on the bandwagon.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited August 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I remember begging for a grand piano in the other games when all we had were the upright ones, lol. Boy did we beg and often. Hope you get one, but I hope they add a feature so they will be self playing complete with their music rolls for the Sim to switch them. :)

I remember this too. I just wish they would just add both types together all the time and the electronic one for inventory playing. Oh and player pianos are awesome.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    Still need an upright piano! They should really add it. Maybe in a university expansion!
    a256aFi.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Now that you bring it up, why do you guys think they made everything so big? I have never once used the telescope because it's like where the heck am I suppose to put that? And now that I think about it many things are big and I normally don't end up using them. Even the toddlers teddy bear/unicorn or whatever that they can hit or hug.
    And I would much better appreciate a little teddy bear kids can hug and carry around or snuggle with in bed.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Now that you bring it up, why do you guys think they made everything so big? I have never once used the telescope because it's like where the heck am I suppose to put that? And now that I think about it many things are big and I normally don't end up using them. Even the toddlers teddy bear/unicorn or whatever that they can hit or hug.
    And I would much better appreciate a little teddy bear kids can hug and carry around or snuggle with in bed.

I hate how Sims 4 has so many big objects! We need smaller ones, smaller telescopes, smaller cupcake maker etc.
    a256aFi.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I use CC for a smaller upright piano and a smaller dollhouse for the kids.

Seldom use the telescope because I build small little houses and it just doesn’t fit.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes!! The closest we currently have to an upright piano is.. the keyboard in City Living? The pipe organ in Vampires? Then there's also the existing piano which is way too large and fancy. We need a normal upright piano too.

Same goes for several other items, really. We need a normal, small, hobby-sized telescope. We need smaller dollhouses. Big isn't always good!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Yes!! The closest we currently have to an upright piano is.. the keyboard in City Living? The pipe organ in Vampires? Then there's also the existing piano which is way too large and fancy. We need a normal upright piano too.

Same goes for several other items, really. We need a normal, small, hobby-sized telescope. We need smaller dollhouses. Big isn't always good!

Here you go!

A one-tile-playset-CC for toddler and kids. Several kids can use it at once, here are my kiddos playing with it. Amazing piece of CC, there are 3 different versions.

0cf555becafa790bf4e261ccd085ce5f1be239e4.png

http://modthesims.info/d/627601/castle-playsets.html
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I'd like it for homes that don't have the room for the grand piano but a little fancier than the keyboard
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Get Famous has one but it is part of the wall system in the Western movie set. So, they already have the object and an electric piano, just put them together.