Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you'd add?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kristy983Kristy983 Posts: 26 Member
    As someone with a bit of an "off the grid" obsession at the moment-

Expansion Packs

Get to Work: Some sort of wilderness career- maybe a wilderness guide.
    Cats & Dogs: Pet houses
    Seasons: Rain barrels, that way off the grid households could collect water. They could boil water from the barrel over the fire or upgrade the barrel to have a filter so the water is clean.

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat: A grill that only allows you to grill using harvestables from your inventory (fish or plants.)
    Spa Day: Wellness career
    Parenthood: Homeschooling
    Jungle Adventure: As said by someone else- Bonehilda
    StrangerVille: As said by someone else- story toggling

Stuff Packs

Cool Kitchen Stuff: Fruit/veggie bin that allows you to store harvestables. Then, like a fridge, you could click the bin and have your sims use a counter to make salads/fruit salads. Ingredients would have to be manually added, of course. Salads/fruit salads could ONLY be made if harvestables are in the bin.
    Fitness Stuff: Martial Arts (utilizing a mat like yoga)
    Laundry Day Stuff: A washbasin that functions off the grid.
    My First Pet Stuff: A pet ball that allows the pets to roam.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Here's what I would like to see if the devs were to ever update the packs:
    Expansion Packs

Get to Work: Updated Aliens, more powers/technology/their own home world that wasn't one secret lot (maybe 3-5 lots)
    Get Together: More icons for the clubs and the ability to create custom icons for them
    City Living: Buildable apartments and the ability to live in apartments in any world
    Cats & Dogs: The ability to take multiple dogs for a walk/jog at once
    Seasons: Snow depth and more detailed visual effects similar to TS3
    Get Famous: Singer and Modelling careers
    Island Living: Two words: Scuba and diving/underwater gameplay. The mersims need a home!

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat: Better hiking
    Spa Day: The ability to do yoga/meditation anywhere without the animations being tied to a mat/meditation stool (similar to how yoga worked in TS2)
    Dine Out: Working as the chef in your own resturant
    Vampires: I wish the vamps were a little scarier maybe but I'm struggling to think what could be added gameplay wise (in other words great job, EA!)
    Parenthood: I honestly believed we would have got an update to babies in the pre-pack patch so... actual baby Sims!
    Jungle Adventure: I haven't play around with this pack much but I love the idea of more packs with this theme, more adventures and gamepacks with a high chance of death! There are actually quite a few unique animations/interactions, too!
    StrangerVille: For what it is I actually really like this pack! I would have liked the story to have gone on a little longer/more complexity and developed a bit more of a back story for why mother was brought to SimNation in the first place... but I suppose that is up to the player's imagination!

Stuff Packs

Luxury Party Stuff: More high heels/nail accessories/better male hairs and clothing
    Perfect Patio Stuff: In-ground hot tubs!!
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: More styles of kitchens!!!1!!one!
    Spooky Stuff: To have been saved for Seasons content
    Movie Hangout Stuff: An actual working cinema venue/made into a gamepack instead (with developed gameplay)
    Romantic Garden Stuff: Improved romantic interactions e.g. seated proposals
    Kids Room Stuff: The ability for teens and adults to play/collect voidcritter cards!!
    Backyard Stuff: Pool accessories/items
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: I really liked the 2-tile bar with no drink making animations - honestly, my sims would make more drinks if I didn't have to sit through that ridiculously long drink making animation (as beautifully made as they are!)
    Bowling Night Stuff: The ability to have bowling alleys and resturants on the same lot
    Fitness Stuff: Free-weights etc., more items that weren't reskins of previous items from previous packs
    Toddler Stuff: More hairstyles (come to think of it more toddler CAS items in general!)
    Laundry Day Stuff: I wouldn't touch this one! Does what it says on the tin
    My First Pet Stuff: I wouldn't touch this one either - but not in a good way :D no but seriously I think more types of first pet e.g. chameleons, turtles, lizards, rabbits etc.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Vampires: I wish the vamps were a little scarier maybe but I'm struggling to think what could be added gameplay wise (in other words great job, EA!)

Yeah I had really hard time thinking things vampires pack lacks

But if I think deeply enough I have slight issue with forgotten hollow
    its not that it is small actually i rather love that small eerie place feeling

but more like there is so many cues for mystery and hidden lots
    that it just seems wrong to not have any

like that grave mid lake? who is it?
    all those caves? where do they go?
    that nice little seating area? with knocked over lamp? what happened there?
    whats with the statues?

just I wish we could actually explore deeper into that

so I suppose it would be:

Vampires: hidden lot and/or mystery

for me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Fantastic ideas! So hard to pick just one thing each. Mine would have to be:

Expansions:

Get to Work: Definitely agree with the lemonade stand or I'd have more options to set what kind of retail store your sim owns. (Basically I'd like it to be more like Open for Business if I'm honest, but that's a big ask).
    Get Together: For the groups themselves to have more reputations or something more like the social groups or social classes from TS2 Apartment Life.
    City Living: Some immersive night clubs or cocktail bars.
    Cats & Dogs: Collectable wild pets like in TS3 (birds, lizards etc.) that you can find within the neighbourhoods.
    Seasons: Also more collectable bugs in regular neighbourhoods. I'd have liked to see fireflies in summer in worlds outside Granite Falls.
    Get Famous: More new careers, like singers and definitely an official DJ or Mixer career rather than just registering with a label.
    Island Living: Hammocks. Or access through chance cards to a secret lot via the cave and deep-sea diving. I can't choose!

Game packs:

Outdoor Retreat: An actual hiking rabbit hole with chance cards rather than just walking about the neighbourhood, like in JA when travelling through the jungle gates or the old Bon Voyage day trips.
    Spa Day: The option to have a masseuse skill and potentially run a spa if Get to Work is installed.
    Dine Out: Option to assign yourself as a chef/waiter/host. Especially with multiple family members in one household so they can all make themselves useful.
    Vampires: The ability to hunt in packs.
    Parenthood: After school clubs.
    Jungle Adventure: Archaeologist career with an excavator or historian branch once you hit level 5.
    StrangerVille: More lots!

Stuff packs:

Luxury Party Stuff: Nectar parties.
    Perfect Patio Stuff: Greater variety of hot tubs.
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: Juice machine!
    Spooky Stuff: Ability to use Spooky Stuff items as Spookfest costumes with Seasons installed.
    Movie Hangout Stuff: A bigger popcorn machine. Like the big, old vintage corn poppers on wheels.
    Romantic Garden Stuff: More romance interactions.
    Kids Room Stuff: Bunk or pull-out sofa beds!
    Backyard Stuff: Group games like volleyball or pool games.
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: Probably just add more vintage-themed furniture.
    Bowling Night Stuff: Slush machine.
    Fitness Stuff: Interaction to take fitness classes at the gym with the option to instruct classes for simoleons once you reach a certain fitness level.
    Toddler Stuff: Daycare career.
    Laundry Day Stuff: Option to perform mischief interactions on the laundry line like tearing down clothes.
    My First Pet Stuff: Birds! Disappointed we could buy rodent cages but not bird cages.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Island Living: Hammocks. Or access through chance cards to a secret lot via the cave and deep-sea diving. I can't choose!

honestly the lack of hammocks is starting to make me very frustrated when even EA page gives me this
    there is also unfinished one in game files

so like ummm? add it maybe? please?

Ux3lDct.png

• Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2019
    I can't think of what every pack needs.

Expansion Packs:
    Get to Work: Updated aliens. Control a U.F.O., summon meteors, live on Sixam.
    City Living: More festivals
    Cats & Dogs: Strays, and dog walkers in other worlds (so I don't need mods)
    Seasons: Kite flying
    Get Famous: Ability to create bands, more instruments; drums, bass guitar, electric guitars
    Island Living: Surfing, active lifeguard career

Game Packs:
    Outdoor Retreat: Sleeping bags
    Parenthood: Slumber partys
    Vampires: Vampire Hunter career, aspiration
    Jungle Adventure: Interactive snakes, Sims should get a fear buff at least
    Strangerville: Active scientist career at the lab, but different from Get to Work

Stuff Packs:
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: Toaster, or deep fryer
    Romantic Garden Stuff: slow dancing (so I don't need a mod)
    Backyard Stuff: Telescopes
    Kid's Room Stuff: Easy bake oven
    Fitness Stuff: Exercise bikes
    Spooky Stuff: Harvestable pumpkins
    Bowling Night Stuff: Claw machine, arcade games

Base Game:
    Live in Sylvan Glades

Any simple thing I don't need mods for.
  • Options
    FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    Get Famous : being able to turn off the celebrity system. I’m getting tired of always having a celebrity spawning on a lot with lots of fans and paparazzi.

City Living : being able to build your own apartment!

Movie hangout SP : Cinema should become a new type of community lot.

Laundry Day SP : Laundry should become a new type of community lot.

Toddler stuff pack OR Parenthood : A new lot trait (maybe called Family Friendly or Toddler Playground) that provide toddler to visit community lots with their parents.
    + Add Strollers!
  • Options
    Fitcheur wrote: »

Toddler stuff pack OR Parenthood : A new lot trait (maybe called Family Friendly or Toddler Playground) that provide toddler to visit community lots with their parents.
    + Add Strollers!

oh yes its so odd when there is never toddlers around in worlds and strollers would be cute!

i actually made "toddler world" lot but then i realized no toddlers are going to show up other than my sims toddlers :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Fitcheur wrote: »
    Get Famous : being able to turn off the celebrity system. I’m getting tired of always having a celebrity spawning on a lot with lots of fans and paparazzi.

City Living : being able to build your own apartment!

Movie hangout SP : Cinema should become a new type of community lot.

Laundry Day SP : Laundry should become a new type of community lot.

+ Add Strollers!

I agree with all of these. Landromats would be cool. I also like the idea of being able to turn off celebrity stuff. As it is, I didn't get that expansion because I found it to be too much of a hassle in Sims3 & didn't want to mess with it in Sims4.

My top priority though, would be apartments built from scratch. Sims2 had apartments & so did Sims3. I would love to be able to build a whole new structure & designate areas as either separate apartments or communal areas. Like an apartment complex could have a pool, a garden area/greenhouse, & swimming pool. I really want to be able to build a basement apartment for a quiet loner science nerd that wants to do experiments without prying eyes.

In addition to that, I'd like to have sort of indoor greenhouses with sunlamps & sprinklers. Sort of a grow-house I guess but for fruit, vegetables, & flowers.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I really want to be able to build a basement apartment for a quiet loner science nerd that wants to do experiments without prying eyes.

yeah I'm really sad about 1. no basement apartments 2. no garages turned apartments 3. no ridiculously small apartments
    since tbh those would have made great storylines
  • Options
    NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2019
    Expansion Packs:
    Get to Work: For police to actually arrest Klepto Sims. I don't care if it leads to three sim hours in a rabbit hole, though I'd prefer them being scared in a jail cell. I just want to see some repercussions to my sims actions.
    City Living: Family-based events. Like a kids art festival
    Get Together: The Villareal family is introduced with a really cool premise of a missing mom. I wish it was an actual mystery you can solve in the game as either one of the Villareal teens or a neighbor of the Villareals. I really wish the townies overall had some more significance in the game, not everyone obviously, but at least a couple of core families should have interactions specific to them.
    Cats & Dogs: The ability to check in multiple dogs at the vet, right now it's one at a time and it's tedious. A service to call a groomer in for your pet.
    Seasons: I like the suggestion of Kite flying and family picnics. Also, more toddler clothing, please. Oh and what about hopscotch?

Game Packs:
    Parenthood: the ability to play and read to more than one toddler at a time. Is there a way around this? Also, kids can start learning skills well before they're teenagers. I think kids should have the ability to start as a 2 or 3 in certain skills depending on childhood skills. A creative sim may start as a 2 in art, or playing an instrument. The player could choose which skill.

Oh, and parents can teach children and teen sims how to cook. Simple things like a salad, eggs, mac and cheese, and blt's.

Vampires: Actual wooden stake wielding garlic guzzling vampire hunters

Stuff Packs:
    Toddler Stuff: More toddler furniture, please. Also, toddlers should be able to walk while carrying a toy. A toddler easel for them to put their destructive creativity to work.

Base Game:
    More negative interactions especially for my evil sims.
    Post edited by NoName123 on
  • Options
    MentorSomaMentorSoma Posts: 2 New Member
    I only really want one thing to be added to the base game....

Spiral staircases. I'm tired of having to plan around a long staircase when building a multi floor house.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Expansion Packs

Get to Work: Working cash registers where customers pay and leave with bags (in reality retail needs a complete overhaul)
    Get Together: Dances sims can do together without a object
    City Living: Ability for player to build apartments
    Cats & Dogs: +Horses
    Seasons: Snowball fight with more animations and better reactions
    Get Famous: Larger world
    Island Living: Surfing

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat: Archery
    Spa Day: Ability to practice yoga with another Sim
    Dine Out: Option to play as waiter chef or host and be able to control them all at once if its your household.
    Vampires: Ability to stake vampires
    Parenthood: Preteens
    Jungle Adventure: More casual outdoor clothing
    StrangerVille: Obstacle course for military career

Stuff Packs

Luxury Party Stuff: Slow dancing
    Perfect Patio Stuff: In-ground hot tub
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: Pizza oven
    Spooky Stuff: Scared emotion
    Movie Hangout Stuff: Theater seating
    Romantic Garden Stuff: Picnic basket
    Kids Room Stuff: Bunkbed
    Backyard Stuff: Pool slide
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: Classic television network
    Bowling Night Stuff: More animations for bowling for those spectating such as cheer or get mad when there's a strike instead of standing around like robots
    Fitness Stuff: Karate class
    Toddler Stuff: More toddler male clothing
    Laundry Day Stuff: The other style of clothing that lost the vote.
    My First Pet Stuff: Bird cage with parrots and other birds
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    1. Base: Spiral Stairs, Color Wheel, more Color Swatches, Tweens, Middle Age & Seniors.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    2. Get to Work: Aliens that can have any colored eyes and skin color without being in disguise.
    3. Get Together: More medieval.
    4. City Living: More like Bridgeport from Sims 3.
    5. Cats & Dogs: Birds, Horses, Lambs & Rodents.
    6. Seasons: Snowboarding, Snowmobiles, Sledding, Ice Skating on ponds, Kissing Booth, Haunted House, International Day, etc.
    7. Get Famous: Singing, Dancing & Directing Open Careers.
    8. Island Living: Boathouses, Boat Taxis & All-in-one Bathrooms.
    9. Outdoor Retreat: Liveable Campers & Tent Campers.
    10. Spa Day: Yoga, Massager & Fitness Trainer Careers.
    11. Vampires: More hairstyles, Cloaks, Capes & more plasma foods.
    12. Strangerville: More Alien types.
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    My turn :-)

Expansion Packs

Get to Work: teacher carreer
    Get Together: more options to order food beside pizza (like chinese food, sushi, thai food, burgers)
    City Living: kids festival
    Cats & Dogs: possibility to walk with multiple dogs at once
    Seasons: slides for toddlers
    Get Famous: musician carreer
    Island Living: surfing

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat: option to walk together
    Spa Day: cold dipping bath
    Dine Out: option for chef's menu: you will get three surprise courses
    Parenthood: boardgames
    Jungle Adventure: campsite where you can set up your tent for a small fee

Stuff Packs

Luxury Party Stuff: pooltable
    Perfect Patio Stuff: family garden swing
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: frying pan
    Spooky Stuff: option for trick or treat
    Movie Hangout Stuff: option to rent of buy more movies
    Romantic Garden Stuff: whirlpool in the ground
    Kids Room Stuff: option to watch tv from (laying on your) bed
    Backyard Stuff: poolslide
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: drink nectar from the bottle
    Bowling Night Stuff: vending machine
    Fitness Stuff: crossbike
    Toddler Stuff: toddler swing
    Laundry Day Stuff: usable soap instead off dropping flowers in the machine
    My First Pet Stuff: turtles
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Memories. Complex and customizeable memory system.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Expansion Packs

Get to Work: ability to hire whoever I wanted to run my store, shopping bags and use of cash registers instead of tablets
    Get Together: ability to delete clubs
    City Living: build our own apartments and be a landlord
    Cats & Dogs: family tree for pets
    Seasons: rollerball anywhere
    Get Famous: singer career
    Island Living: ownable hotels

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat: hiking as a group
    Spa Day: manicure/pedicure stations
    Dine Out: be the chef in our own restaurants & ability to hire whoever I want to run my restaurant
    Parenthood: baby overhaul/allowance system

Stuff Packs

Perfect Patio Stuff: outdoor pizza oven
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: smoothie maker
    Movie Hangout Stuff: movie theater lot type
    Kids Room Stuff: bunk beds
    Backyard Stuff: pool slide
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: classic tv channel
    Bowling Night Stuff: vending machines
    Fitness Stuff: personal trainer career
    Toddler Stuff: strollers
    Laundry Day Stuff: laundromat lot type
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Ohh, what a neat idea! :)

Expansion Packs

Get to Work: Ability to run home-businesses/some little businesses for kids. Or completely reworked Aliens.
    Get Together: Photo booth.
    City Living: Better Apartments + ability to build anywhere.
    Cats & Dogs: Separate slots for cats and dogs. (Won't take up a Sim slot).
    Seasons: slow-dancing, or kissing booths.
    Get Famous: Bands, singers
    Island Living: Actual ui for Mermaids with abilities, or house-boats, or at least deeper diving.

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat: Hiking/Exploring together
    Spa Day: *n/a right now*
    Dine Out: Ability to be the chef.
    Vampires: toddlers and kids develop tiny fangs as they age, limited powers. (toddlers can bite teddy bears, etc; children could maybe be able to learn mind-reading/control)
    Parenthood: *n/a right now*
    Jungle Adventure: *n/a right now*
    StrangerVille: *n/a right now*

Stuff Packs

Luxury Party Stuff: Those big beautiful stairs (big wide curved stairs, or ballroom, split-stairs.)
    Perfect Patio Stuff: Gazebo, or hanging chairs.
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: *n/a right now*
    Spooky Stuff: Trick or Treating... missed opportunity twice! (Sure, we have neighbors being able to come to your house, but your current household cannot go out trick-or treating. :( ). / Ability to create your own haunted houses and you and your Sim getting to go through them.
    Movie Hangout Stuff: Sleep-overs "event". Ability to invite guests over story-telling/pillow fights, "truth or dare".
    Romantic Garden Stuff: picnic dates
    Kids Room Stuff: bunk-beds.
    Backyard Stuff: Pool slides, pool water-falls, or pool activities.
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: *n/a right now*
    Bowling Night Stuff: Pool tables (just more activities for dates)
    Fitness Stuff: Climbing rope, or gymnastic bar.
    Toddler Stuff: More toddler interactions between other toddlers.
    Laundry Day Stuff: Hmmm.. not sure.. I pretty much love everything in the pack, but I am sure there is something that could be added, just don't have anything at the top of my head at the moment.
    My First Pet Stuff: More pets. (ie: birds..)

*note* getting sleepy, will update the "n/a" ones later tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    There are way too many ideas that I would like to be reintroduced in this game that I won't be able to list here.

Checking The Sims Wiki is the best reference point to know what isn't in The Sims 4 yet. That is what I'd like to see in this game.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Expansion Packs
    Get to Work: Hospital/Science Lab/Police Dept as lot types (assignable to any lot in any world)
    City Living: Complex Lot type, the build and designate your own apartments.
    Get Famous: Director/Producer/Film Executive Career

Game Packs
    Outdoor Retreat: Rental Lot types we can build in any world (rental in Windenburg, rental in Sulani, etc)
    Spa Day: Becoming a massage therapist or yoga instructor as a 5-level skill or odd job/freelance style career, perhaps
    Dine Out: Smaller Dining Booths
    Vampires: Cemetery as a lot type and not just neighborhood decoration
    Parenthood: Grandparenthood? Unclehood? Cousin-hood?
    StrangerVille: A more in depth blackmail system

Stuff Packs
    Movie Hangout Stuff: Outdoor movie screen compatible with Seasons...
    Backyard Stuff: Pool Slides
    Bowling Night Stuff: Pool Tables
    My First Pet Stuff: reptiles, birds
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    1. Base: Spiral Stairs, Color Wheel, more Color Swatches, Tweens, Middle Age & Seniors.

I appreciate the Middle Age suggestion. I thought I was the only one who wanted that.