Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play sims 3?!? (as well as sims 4)?!

Comments

• Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    another answer?
    I'm pretty new to the sims. I had the sims 4 first then got the sims 3 later on. I switch back and forth, but the sims 4 is my primary game.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    another answer?
    I play sims 2, 3, and 4. I still think 2 was the best game, but I play more of 4 than I do 3.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    Nah never really want to go back to ts3 I prefer ts4 by far and ts3 just... was not for me :I
    ts1 or 2 sometimes but I am scared of breaking the discs of few eps I have left so not too often
    lately in mood for urbz too (ps2) but I lost the disc mid renovation so idk where it is to play it ._.'
    maybe one day I'll find it in this chaos...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    No. I was never a Sims 3 fan. Didn't "hate" it, but definitely didnt love it. Sims 4 is my favorite sims game to date, despite being the "controversial" one :) Ive had my own criticisms as well (especially about the vacation pack from TS3 being SO much better than Island Living) but it's still my first and only choice <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    No
    I sent all my sims3 packs to Goodwill a month or so ago.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I don't have time to play more than1 game.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Sometimes
    I go back to all Sims games depending on my mood, mostly 1 and 4 lately though. Until recently, I actually played the Sims 3 more than 4, as it has way more features and I have a legacy at gen 7 I really want to finish. But unfortunately, that save file takes about an hour to load so if I want to play the Sims 3, it needs to be when I have a lot of time to dedicate to it.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Sometimes
    Every now and then I miss the previous games and jump back to them.

Last christmas I was playing Sims 1 like crazy. I made Lady Gaga, an aspiring witch and superstar. Even though it was very fun, everything went terribly bad and it made me notice how hard this game is. I was playing everyday all day and could never advance.

Then I went to Sims 3 and played with that girl who starts the game pregnant (of an unknown father) and has a guitar-shaped pool in Lucky Palms. It's been quite fun. God I love this game. Been willing to go back to her, but the RoM hype made me return to Sims 4.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    Sometimes
    I've tried to play it again but wow... I forgot just how buggy it really is. There are MANY things I like about it, but some of the deal breakers for me are the lack of multitasking and how empty all the lots are. I'm definitely better off playing TS4, but there are some things about TS3 that I just love to experience again.
    original.gif
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yes
    I've spent too much money on this franchise to ever just stop playing any of my games LOL

I still really enjoy Sims 3 as much as Sims 4, and I have a nice gaming computer so the lag isn't too bad for me. CAS and building are slow, but live mode runs perfectly fine and that's what I do the most anyways. When I do need to build or use CAS I just make some tea to sip on while I wait for everything to load. And if you have NRAAS mods it's not hard to prevent the bugs that corrupt save files.

I can run all of my expansion packs at one time too, and the gameplay is really fun. I also really like how the pop-culture references are all from the 2000's (i mean duh that's when it was made) because that's when I was in high school so playing Sims 3 just feels like going back in time on a nostalgia trip.
  • Options
    MarioCoxMarioCox Posts: 15 New Member
    Yes. Slim3 is my best game.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    I have played both, but hate the camera and controls for Sims 3. As such I really can not play it for more than 20 minutes without frustration setting in.
    This.

TS3 was my first Sims game and I played it for years. When TS4 first came out the new camera controls took a lot of getting used to (I didn’t realise you could switch to the TS3 controls back then). But now I am so accustomed to the TS4 camera controls that I just can’t play with the TS3 controls anymore.

I also find it hard to enjoy the TS3 graphics now that I have TS4 to compare with.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    No
    I never played TS3. I haven't played TS2 for a couple of years and it feels hard to go back, because I prefer TS4 now. I sometimes play TS1 though.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yes
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I Still play Sims 3 as there are many features that Sims 4 lacks, so I get my fix from playing 3. I would play Sims 2 as well but I have an problem with the black box as the sims walk and I may one day fix it.

Sims 2 there is a mod I use that fixes the black boxes under sims feet instantly if you don't mind using mods..

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585

If you have a newer graphics card and want better graphics in 2 use

https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

Back on topic I play S3 series then 2 then 4 and when I feel like it S1 on a very old laptop. I prefer to be able to play any series of the game as/when I feel like it :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    another answer?
    I still enjoy playing Sims 1, 2, and 3. Nice going back to waves and feels like visiting old friends. I love consequences and empathy and dark humor and stories and features these games have and each one catered my play styles so well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Sometimes
    Only because I really miss Bridgeport, Heartshape Bed, Color Wheel & Pattern Swatches.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    another answer?
    Occasionally play a bit of sims 2 too
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Sometimes
    I do sometimes but admittedly not recently (I play TS3 through Steam instead of Origin). I have been thinking about starting a new save and starting with a refreshed mod folder though.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sometimes
    Occasionally, when I especially miss my fairies and werewolves.

The legacy game I am more likely to dip into on the side, however, is The Sims Medieval.

Lwcg3Kd.jpg
  • Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    No
    I began playing Sims 4 pretty late - only about 9 months ago or so, because my Sims 3 game crashed permanently on my other computer. Only about a month ago did it one day start working again. I was elated at first, because I could visit all of my previous families and have an open neighborhood again.

The thing that really keeps me in Sims 4 is how much better it is as a functioning game. Yeah, I really miss the open neighborhood format, but for a Mac user, Sims 3 is just so clunky. It takes a while to load and crashed constantly. Sims 4 has never crashed on me and everything is smoother. If Sims 3 worked better on a Mac, I might go back to playing it.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    No
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I play 2, 3, and 4. Depends what I'm feeling. For me, 2 gives the best overall gameplay (especially since I have the ultimate collection). I play 3 for the world because I've been starved for open world and neighborhood editing in 4. I play 4 for CAS and build, not really for gameplay. I'd still be playing 1 as well I'm sure if I hadn't lost the disc. I'm bad at decision making so there's no way I could pick just one Sims game lol

What kind of computer do you use to play Sims 2? I wanted to play it again badly and still have the disc but apparently the PC I tried to use it on was too new and too good for it :(.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sometimes
    I sent all my sims3 packs to Goodwill a month or so ago.

That is going to be a problem for who ever tries to use them - they need your account to play your disks. With out an account you might as well toss them in the trash - they are no good to anyone but the registered account holder. EA no longer sells new accounts for the older games like they use to. EA does not allow resells.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes
    In short yes.

Longer answer: They feel like two completely different games that only share a similar theme to me, so both have value for being what they are. 4 does not seem to me like the new version of the game. Just a completely different game that I also love. So I'll continue to play all the sims games because I have them and because each one feels different from the next.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I'll let you know in 30 minutes or so.......(don't wait up)