Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would this be cheating?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Thank you everybody. Your thoughts have been very helpful :)

I haven’t used this workaround yet and I think I probably won’t start to use it. Even if it’s not cheating, it feels a little like exploiting a loophole that EA would have closed if it had occurred to them/if they could be bothered to do so.

So, I’ll continue playing in the regular way for now!
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No
    I think the point of the cool-down period is to make it a little more challenging for players who want that. Generally, the game provides some kind of cheat or workaround for players with other goals. (Some might be interested in exploring the temples, others just want the swag.) Getting all nine golden relics is no mean feat - you still have to go through the temple over and over again, with no guarantee that you'll get any golden relics, or that you'll get one you haven't already got.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    No
    Doesn't seem like cheating to me, you still have to pay for each day of rental (several over and over again in a single day this way). As long as you don't cheat the money, seems fair enough to me. If you want, you can take canceling as an opportunity to drop your prizes off at home, and look at it as your sims safely storing their treasures between hunts.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    It is using a flaw in the game mechanics to achieve what you want.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    I do not have jungle adventure, But I make so many holidays that my sim basically never goes to work.
    Ok so I had a sim couple a few generations back in my legacy save who were in Selvadorada for most of their lives (from when they became YAs until a few days before they died. This is on normal age span). While there, they managed to complete all the Selvadorada collections and get one of every relic except the ultra rare golden relics. They only got 3 of the 9 golden relics.

I want to get all 9 golden relics. I’ve only ever found these in the treasure chest at the end of a temple but after completing a temple there is a cooldown period of 24 hours before you can visit the temple again.

But if you end the holiday after completing a temple, then immediately take another holiday to Selvadorada the temple will be open to you again right away so that you don’t have to wait the 24 hours. Doing this repeatedly would obviously speed up progress quite a bit because you could just go through the temple again and again in quick succession until you got all of the golden relics.

The game mechanics allow this without cheat codes or anything... But would you consider it cheating?

For anyone else who has managed to get all of the 9 golden relics, did you wait 24 hours between each temple or did you resort to ‘cheaty’ measures like this?

Also, I move my sim in with rich sims, (Like the Landgrabbs.) and then kick them out and get their simoleons.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png