Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic May Have Been Right in Front of Us For a Long Time

2...Next

Comments

• lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Can I ask everyone to try and stay on topic, I don't want to have to see this thread get shut down so quickly.

As for the other comments, we have seen clues put into Sims games before but I guess it's difficult to find what's an actual clue and what's just coincidence
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    There’s a painting of a farmhouse. I think it’s a farmhouse. Then there’s the miniature farmhouse you can build with children. I keep thinking it’s a clue! Then again I remember in sims 3 there was always some reference to pigs with wings. I thought it meant something but it didn’t in the end. :p

I felt strongly about the description on one of the sims books about “when is winter”. I really felt it was about seasons before it came out.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal is that by any chance the painting from seasons? yup, i noticed that too, that painting has swatches showing a farmhouse in all seasons.
    y'all got bread?
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I mean I kind of get why hints are a thing, and also why they can't mention whether it is a hint or not.

If something goes wrong in the development process of a pack, and they've hinted at it or even gone so far as confirmed it, people would be upset about that. I feel like they would have to spend a significant amount of time/energy explaining away their choices. Like this owl, for example, is clearly a hint for this pack. But had they said so directly, through either small hints like "oh, you might see him again" or something like that, and then something goes wrong in the development process and for whatever reason he can't be included, simmers will being asking questions and they'll have to explain that away.

So I get why they don't directly come out and confirm hints. I mean, I obviously know there are NDAs and all that corporate stuff, but aside from all that, I kind of understand. It's a way to ensure accuracy in what they're delivering.

But hints are so fuuuun! 😭😭
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal is that by any chance the painting from seasons? yup, i noticed that too, that painting has swatches showing a farmhouse in all seasons.

It could be. I honestly don't know. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks cool it in here please. I've removed a large amount of posts that derailed the thread and were just bickering. There's no need for it so leave it out. Keep this thread on topic going forward.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I watched the trailer again and saw the crystals, citrine, emerald and topaz orange being used in the world where sims can meet up. I wonder if we can use the crystals to harness power.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    wrenstales wrote: »
    I watched the trailer again and saw the crystals, citrine, emerald and topaz orange being used in the world where sims can meet up. I wonder if we can use the crystals to harness power.

Right, They way they used stones to decorate too, the Cauldron is essentially powered by Stones, and the bristles of the Broomsticks are made of stones. You'd think that would weigh the broomstick down from flying. and the rest was decor collected stones. I hope we can use stones to harness power... I know Diamonds are a great source of magic, along with the other precious Stones, Sapphire Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst
    So Decorating your house with stones, could do more than give emotional buffs but heightened power buffs... Given my name, I think it's only right that I have my simself use stones to power himself up. I think Ruby or Fire Opal and diamonds would be a good call for him.

And I hope we can use woodworking to make brooms if we have the Stones collected in our inventory, there's no reason we can't craft our own broom and enchant it to fly. If it's only just a buyable object in Buy mode, I don't want it.

Hmmm Maybe I'll Make Twinrova from Legend of Zelda. I'll Do the Ice Sorceress with a Diamond or Sapphire Broom
    and the Fire Sorceress with a Fire Opal or Ruby Broom.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    So as I was sifting through some hidden items (or maybe it's been there all along) I came across this..
    FJQsnMY.png

mL48yfx.png

I realized that this was exactly like one of the new familiars in the upcoming gp,
    SIMS4_GP08_RealmOfMagic._RGB_Ow_15_l.png

I'm curious how long this object was in game and if it's been noticed before

This is what is called a 'classic' Easter Egg. That was obviously a hint of things to come. ;) Good catch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > The spotted sixam was originally a large bird in TS3 Pets.
    >
    > I'm not saying they don't hint, I'm saying this was already a sims lore thing for a while.

Sixam is Maxis backwards. They use it alot
    Sims are Lit