Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your renovated apartments! ❤

I was just playing around in a Spice Market district apartment that I don't think I've ever lived in before. Which usually happens when the apartment doesn't really inspire me much. So I decided to try and redecorate the whole thing a little. And I'm actually much more pleased with it, and can actually somewhat see my sim live in here. Sure, it's not completed yet because my sim is a starting, self-employed vet and she kinda ran out of money mid-way (hence the lack of lights and living room furniture), but it coulda turned out a LOT worse!

So I was just curious about how you renovated some of these City Living apartments? I could always use the inspiration! <3

oaE1f3k.png
fWmfKoz.png
ep7EN2X.png

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    edited August 2019
    This may be a cheat for some, but when I have sims living in apartments, I do not charge them for the basics (lights, oven, refrigerator, toilets, shower and even washer/dryer) because realistically those items come with an apartment already and included in rent and deposit. This will give you a little more money to furnish, decorate, and upgrade. However, when I would move the sim out to a bigger place, they do not get the money back for those original items since they didn't buy them in the first place.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @SimTrippy that looks really good! :)

48604472476_fc836422f4.jpg
    48604472641_6b7d37b98b.jpg
    48604610157_8c56f6ee60.jpg
    48604472166_9cba6e4ae2.jpg

Here's some pics from my 930 Medina Studios apartment.
    It's a home for a huge family (elder mother, adult daughter with husband & toddler, YA daughter and teen son) and the money keeps pouring in from high level careers so I've done a lot of renovating hehe. Also the fact that the elder is an Arts Critic made me feel like I wanted a lot of paintings and clutter for the feeling of a "art collector" home.

I really like renovating the apartments but I've been doing it through a lot of saves and am really annoyed that you are unable to save them and add to other saves. I don't (yet?) have screenshots from other renovations I've done, some that I really really like. I also have the issue I usually can't remember which save has which apartments renovated :lol: But if I find them I could post more.

This is a nice inspirational thread. Thanks!
    origin ID: adduapina
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for sharing @adduapina :D That looks really great! I love the room on the left. You definitely managed to fill that apartment up nicely! When I played it last it had only 3 or 4 sims in it and they all had huuuuuge rooms haaha. Maybe I should start playing larger families in apartments like that. Does it ever get laggy though playing with so many sims in one?

I totally agree that it's annoying we can't save complete apartments :( Sure, we can save individual rooms, and maybe it isn't even that much work to do, but I still find it a pain. That is why I'm happy there are a few penthouses in the city - useful to make restaurants in, but also easy to copy over to another save (I sometimes forget CL doesn't standard include my Fountainview Diner xD).

@aaronrulz I like to imagine they bought the whole place - even though, yes, they pay rent, but I regard those as .. overprized utilities? :D
    I'll keep your idea in mind though for the next time I play a single mom/dad lives in grungy apartment-thing. But this girl here has got to work her way up to being (or rather, becoming) an awesome vet before she's getting any new furniture!

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I remodeled one of the art district apartments as a kind of "modern vampire" aesthetic
    DDfWaen.pngivf6B0o.pngyWLT2Sv.pngriyxj5V.pnggk0jIQQ.png

And then I did the penthouse in the art district in a sort of minimalist brown/blue thing
    xNdLlXm.pngO9Lug9w.pngwgMoApF.pngof6eQfi.png

Those are the ones I put any real effort into I think, lol. I'll sometimes redo a room, but rarely a whole apartment.
    edited August 2019
    @FanPhoria Ooh, I love the vampire one!
    Post edited by adduapina on
    18 Culpepper House:

48610284088_421d72a76d_b.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I don’t have pictures, but I did upload a couple of the apartments I did over to the gallery.with doors removed under SheriSim.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited August 2019
    I recently redid zenview apartments with (mostly) IL objects because I was curious how it would look like

iX1Phpv.png
    yzD0r0t.jpg
    one of them more feminine and other bit more masculine but with similar feel

Apartment 1
    Downstairs:
    dZc33nY.png
    H8lYTcb.png
    MBfZaJr.png
    Tegee9J.png
    Upstairs:
    CumWiWb.png
    PNPEeG5.png
    Rsj6G8Q.png
    lrAfKhO.png
    vP3Xuat.png
    OybgYfj.png
    eqoDl7l.png
    Apartment 2
    Downstairs:
    0KbPuUG.png
    smVozj9.png
    NBo6F8A.png
    EuE8ucE.png
    dAy3VUA.png
    Upstairs:
    mrCOm30.png
    jA8WtaB.png
    fbFpkvg.png
    PdvlWMG.png
    VHE0UCd.png
    859l0O4.png
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @FanPhoria beautiful! Love the vamp-inspired one - the chairs, carpet, and just everything goes really well together. Plus, you just made me realize I've never played a vamp in the city (at least not for long, or I just really don't remember). Very cool idea!

@adduapina oh nice, I MUCH prefer your version to the in-game one! That's actually another one of those apartments that just don't seem to inspire me, but you made it look soo much better. Definitely stealing some of your ideas the next time I'll give it a try. I really like where you've placed the kitchen btw, and how you've separated the large room in the back.

@Simmingal looks super lovely with the IL stuff in it. Me likey. I haven't experimented with it much outside of Sulani. Except for the kitchen counters (as you can see in my first screenshot up above, or the one right below - sorry that it's a bit dark). I LOVE the kitchen counters that came with IL. I wish we had more pretty ones like that. I think most counters are extremely uninspiring XD
    nrWYuU0.png

Funny too because I redid that exact same apartment (the one on the left, for clarity:)
    mRII8lD.png

And it's amazing to me how different we can make them look just by where we place the kitchen, how we divide the rooms, etc. I'm so happy to see all these other versions, it's really helpful to stop being stuck in the same "patterns" of furnishing apartments. You don't know how often I forget that I can move the walls, for example.

For reference, this is how it curently looks in my game:
    Bs57cHl.png
    EEuUynw.png

Rest in spoilers:
    3dbiaLk.png
    4w4uIoM.png
    U7Ky5sB.png
    7Ff4Zdc.png
    8cVhjLl.png
    W9L2kYm.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    @SimTrippy
    yeah i really love the IL counters
    even if i often make old family homes they don't really go with

I also love how you use half walls I often forget they even exist :joy: downstairs workspace is also cool concept

maybe I'll apply the idea for one of the bigger apartments I can't seem to fill :)

@adduapina
    love the layout!
    I was struggling so bad with that culpepper bedroom myself because of the odd shape but indeed that looks much more reasonable
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Wow everyone is doing such great renovations. I started digging on the screenshot file and found one more, one of those I really enjoy playing.

2A Jasmine Suites:

48611402686_dd86ec577f_b.jpg

And a close up on my favorite apartment kitchen ever :)
    48611557122_6445f0d737_c.jpg
    @Simmingal lol @ the half wall thing. For the longest time, I did too :D Then once I realized they existed, I started putting them everywhere. xD

@adduapina nice use of red, hard for me to pull off tbh. I really like that apartment in general though, maybe cause of it's layout? It's a bit hard to get more than 2 sims living in it, but it's the perfect single sim place. You know, before they go off having families.

I had to go digging very deep but I finally found my version of that place in an old save xD It's a LOT more basic though. I prefer yours, but I just love seeing the differences :D
    POSeJLV.png
    iaWHnOi.png

Lol also just found this old thing in that save:
    rdNEOh6.png
    Q7FBReU.png
    zK91450.png

It's not exactly great though xD I'm glad I've become like 2% better at this lol.
    Soo I was in the mood for another apartment today and I really, really love how it turned out! <3 Hope you like. Feel free to continue sharing yours, I love CL apartments :D

eNT3HLj.png
    dsD4BY2.png
    n4dhJwi.png
    vQ1nL5f.png
    aEnGZBt.png